Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerns of the album's release date from a music store employee  (Read 24374 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:40 PM »

Why not be conventional about this release like EVERY OTHER BAND in the world?  Why is there ANY secrecy involved here??
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »

Why not be conventional about this release like EVERY OTHER BAND in the world?  Why is there ANY secrecy involved here??
Obviously, the less people who know about the release, the greater proportion that buy it.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »

Why not be conventional about this release like EVERY OTHER BAND in the world?? Why is there ANY secrecy involved here??

There is no secrecy. The album just isn't coming out. All of this masterplan speculation is just something people on these boards do to make themselves feel better about being lied to (again).
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this in, but I figured some of you might be interested in this... especially considering the GNR/Merck/Universal connection.

Cheers,
W.R.

11/03/2006 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

Elton John has launched a furious attack on his record label, who he claims have made no attempt to promote his new album.

The pop legend used the words "f--k Universal" from the stage at his show in New York on Wednesday evening for their perceived lack of support.

Sir Elton claims the enormous entertainment company has not backed The Captain And The Kid since its release, and wants the label to drop him.

He told the crowd at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: "Nobody would know the album has been out since September. My record label isn't doing anything to help. F--k Universal. Please drop me. I'm 58 and I don't care anymore."

Universal has not yet responded to Sir Elton's comments.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/36886776
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:33:21 PM by WhiteRose » Logged
EstrangedReality
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2006, 01:37:08 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this in, but I figured some of you might be interested in this... especially considering the GNR/Merk/Universal connection.

Cheers,
W.R.

11/03/2006 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Dotmusic

Elton John has launched a furious attack on his record label, who he claims have made no attempt to promote his new album.

The pop legend used the words "f--k Universal" from the stage at his show in New York on Wednesday evening for their perceived lack of support.

Sir Elton claims the enormous entertainment company has not backed The Captain And The Kid since its release, and wants the label to drop him.

He told the crowd at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: "Nobody would know the album has been out since September. My record label isn't doing anything to help. F--k Universal. Please drop me. I'm 58 and I don't care anymore."

Universal has not yet responded to Sir Elton's comments.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/36886776

Yes, but we were given details and preorder info on that album about two months in advance, too. There may not have been promotion but if people knew it was coming out they had a way of looking up information on it.

Someone in the thread suggested that perhaps the album is listed and we, as employees, just aren't "allowed" to see it because it's hidden or under a different title. Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Reality doesn't bend for GN'R. This isn't a system for my store - it's a worldwide music database that is updated constantly and an album would never be able to be "hidden" in the system. Furthermore this renders it obsolete because the entire point of it is so that we can gather details and customers can have the option of preordering if we are not modeled for a copy on the stands.

As for the "It'll just be in the stores one day" comment - Merck was joking when he said that, trying to take the piss out of everyone who was trying to guess release dates. It would never be able to happen, because the stores get shipments in on Friday because the people in receiving have to have time to receive the boxes, unpack them, and forward them to music departments.

If the album drops Tuesday and we get the shipment in on Tuesday it wouldn't be out on the floor till days later.

So even if it drops some random Tuesday, people in receiving would know by Friday, which means word would spread.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »

The reasons why and why not for this album are getting reallly old but on another note. Does your computer system say anything about when the new stooges album is supposed to be released?
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 01:48:41 PM »

maybe it willbe released 01/01/07 in the UK thats a monday just to piss us off lol. it does seem like it isnt come out, but i do say here and now, if it doesnt come out this year, i will be abandoning GNR as much as i love them, too many lies and deceit has come from axl. this is his last chance for me.

not that he needs my support lol

Me too!

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »

Hey, I went into an FYE store today, and I asked the people running the store if they new anything about it.  They check the computers, and it said "Coming Soon."  Of course there wasn't a date, but still! lol...  And the one guy's opinion was that it will come out after the tour is over.  That would mean the beginning of next year, wouldn't it?

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »

Hey, I went into an FYE store today, and I asked the people running the store if they new anything about it.? They check the computers, and it said "Coming Soon."? Of course there wasn't a date, but still! lol...? And the one guy's opinion was that it will come out after the tour is over.? That would mean the beginning of next year, wouldn't it?

Yes, but he's hardly going to know more than anyone else is he?
I mean, I keep seeing posts from people who work in record stores but who cares? It's not as if the information they get is special and exclusive just to them.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

i think we'll hear about the release date before record stores, unless the boxes just show up in shipping/receiving one day.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 03:54:40 PM »

i think we'll hear about the release date before record stores
Yep, thats for certain peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mandrill71
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 04:07:10 PM »

Last week i was getting tattooed and my tatooist best mate came in, he owns the local independant record store where i live. so i though this was my chance to get some info on releases. he said they get stuff turn up out of the blue. they can get a box of cd's with a press release attched stating day for the cd to be sold. it's not unknown for products to turn up on a friday afternoon that are to be released the following monday.
maybe it works differntly for you hmv's /virgins etc but why should they get more info than any other store selling cd.
just what i got from this guy anyway....

A guy i used to work with got a Mark Knopfler album 2 days before its official release cos he was good friends with the guy that owned the record store,it too was an independently owned store

peace
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »

Last week i was getting tattooed and my tatooist best mate came in, he owns the local independant record store where i live. so i though this was my chance to get some info on releases. he said they get stuff turn up out of the blue. they can get a box of cd's with a press release attched stating day for the cd to be sold. it's not unknown for products to turn up on a friday afternoon that are to be released the following monday.
maybe it works differntly for you hmv's /virgins etc but why should they get more info than any other store selling cd.
just what i got from this guy anyway....

A guy i used to work with got a Mark Knopfler album 2 days before its official release cos he was good friends with the guy that owned the record store,it too was an independently owned store

peace

The independent store near me often let me buy albums before release day.
I bought the Alexisonfire album as they were taking it out of the box when it arrived around 3 days before release. So hopefully I shall be getting the GnR album a few days early!
opopopz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »

At this point, I seriously don't care anymore. The album is never going to come out. We all need to wake up.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2006, 04:43:07 PM »

Too many of these posts - whatever we think will happen does not happen - He cancels gig last night - thinking the 19 people in attendance are going to be pissed? Fire Marhall or not, let's move on - Yes he's to blame for small attendance - but let's not forget, if they decided to play 10 shows in MSG instead of charging up the coast playing smaller venues, they would have made a lot more $$$$$$$$ - Be thankful they booked the smaller places ( if you live there) whatever -  Going Friday - As long as they show - all is well in my world - I refuse to rake my brain about CD releases, singles, videos, Fire Marshalls - Just show up and play the shows you booked and make last night a one time thing
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »

I dont understand this cause there have newer been an official announcement that it would come out in 2006?.

The only things that has been said is:

Axl: You will here music this year (it could be a singel or anything)

Merck: There are bla bla tuesday left in 2006 (does that mean that a album come out this year?)

The new gunsnroses.com is a very good and simple site, that keeps you updated on the tings that are important.

BULLSHIT. Have you heard Axl's interview with Eddie Trunk before the Hammerstein shows? He said, "DEFINITELY this year...fall or late fall." And then again at the MTV VMA awards, John Norris interviewed him backstage and he said, "It IS this year."
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »

He also said in 1999 that it was going to be released. Take everything that Axl Rose says with a grain of salt.
guitarpatch
Headliner

"Holding back the Big Guns!"

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2006, 08:35:07 PM »

They could just drop it on Itunes and their website to sell, without much notice. Then release a special edition physical copy early next year.

Aerosmith, DreamTheater, Jeff Beck, Andres Segovia, Leo Brouwer, Guns, and Bach. Oh yeah, Bach, what else to you need in Life?
Z
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »

To the person who started this thread, I don't know you personally so please don't take this to heart......you've wasted alot of your time with all your faithless thinking.

Yes the cd can just show up at record stores.  It does not need months worth of promotion or notice.

Artist have released their cds prior to their intended/announced release date to avoid leaks.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2006, 10:26:45 PM »

To the person who started this thread, I don't know you personally so please don't take this to heart......you've wasted alot of your time with all your faithless thinking.

Yes the cd can just show up at record stores.? It does not need months worth of promotion or notice.

Artist have released their cds prior to their intended/announced release date to avoid leaks.

You're wrong...Yes, CD's can come out prior to their release date, BUT, music stores run on CPU's and information about CD's including those CD's barcodes, need to be uploaded. CD's are SCANNED when you buy them....you can't just sell a CD, it doesn't work that way.

PLUS, consider the fact that stores all around the country ORDER product...product doesn't just drop on their lap.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: