Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone have Video from Dayton when Axl sliced his hand on the mic stand?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone have Video from Dayton when Axl sliced his hand on the mic stand?  (Read 4769 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« on: November 07, 2006, 12:49:06 AM »

Does this exist anywhere or on Youtube?  I remember seeing it on MTV news I think, back in early 92...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

I remember hearing about this. I think i even have the audio boot of this show. He sure had guts to finish this show with his hand split open.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »

yeah.. I remember it was during the song it's so easy and he did finish the song....

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
hufford69
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:08:28 AM »

It was definitely on Mtv, I remember seeing it and being pissed cause I didn't go. I went to the first show the night before.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:41:44 AM »

I have the audio from this show, but I haven't seen any video of it. It sure is possible that it has been on MTV as a short clip or something..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 08:09:31 AM »

Wasn't this the show where Axl & Slash nearly broke out in a fight on stage?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:23:05 AM »

Yep, the same show. After Axl sliced his hand and the band had performed couple of songs Slash started to talk to the crowd and Axl got pissed. I don't fully know what Slash said (it's not the best quality bootleg) but seems to me that he didn't say anything that should piss Axl off.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 08:32:10 AM »

Yep, the same show. After Axl sliced his hand and the band had performed couple of songs Slash started to talk to the crowd and Axl got pissed. I don't fully know what Slash said (it's not the best quality bootleg) but seems to me that he didn't say anything that should piss Axl off.

Yeah, that's how I remember it. Axl misheard something Slash said, and took it the wrong way, and called him a fucking asshole or something, then Slash said he'd kick his ass, and they were about to go, and Duff saved the day by starting Jungle up.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 08:39:17 AM »

Yeah, that's how I remember it. Axl misheard something Slash said, and took it the wrong way, and called him a fucking asshole or something, then Slash said he'd kick his ass, and they were about to go, and Duff saved the day by starting Jungle up.

It was Axl who said something like I'm gonna kick your ass Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 08:43:56 AM »

It was Axl who said something like I'm gonna kick your ass Wink

No it was Slash, from my understanding. Unless you were there, I dunno.

Axl called him a name, and Slash said he'd kick his ass.

From GNROnTour.com...

When Axl returns, he misinterprets what Slash had told the crowd and calls Slash a "punk motherfucker!" To which Slash replies "I'll kick your fucking ass!" The band then breaks into 'Welcome To The Jungle' before tempers flare even further.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

a doctor my mom works with at miami valley hospital (located in doewntown dayton) actually patched up axl's hand from what my mom tells me.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 03:32:14 PM »

is that the incident where axl suggested to the crowd someone should stop drinking so much and slash took offence?
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »

is that the incident where axl suggested to the crowd someone should stop drinking so much and slash took offence?

Nope
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 03:44:27 PM »

a doctor my mom works with at miami valley hospital (located in doewntown dayton) actually patched up axl's hand from what my mom tells me.
Very interesting!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »

When Axl went to get fixed up... Slash had no clue as to what happened... the band did a few songs... Then a confused Salsh said, "Axl must be doing a costume change''... When Axl came back out he flipped.....

As for the topic, no bootleg is out there as far as I know.....I remember when I first started bootlegging, I got ripped off, cause the guy said he had the Vid ?Grin
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »

That wouldn't have been an enjoyable experience. He was probably pissed as fucking hell that night.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »

If you manage to download get in the ring blue dvd, its on there somewere
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »

Slash used this incident as an example of Axl being "flighty" when he was on the Howard Stern Show promoting the first Snakepit album.  He did say Axl apologized when he saw the vid backstage and found out what Slash really said while he was tending to his hand.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

That would be an interesting bootleg. If anyone ever finds it, please share with the rest of us.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: