Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:28:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Last Night's show (NJ) was not bad people!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Night's show (NJ) was not bad people!  (Read 6562 times)
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« on: November 06, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »

I see that everyone's posting of how bad last night's show was, when 99% of this board wasn't even there.

Last night's show was not bad by any means people!  Axl sounded fantastic - and was completley into the show the whole night, having a blast.  The band sounded fantastic for the most part and was having a blast as well.  Everyone but most of the audience was geared up for the show and having a great time, and the one's who were having a good time had a great time.

There were some sound problems (most notebly during the end of Better) but for the most part they weren't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.  The sound could have been louder, MUCH louder.. but it was still loud enough to make your ears ring after the show.  I had no problem whatso ever hearing Axl.  Maybe depending on where people were it was tough, but from where I was I could hear him 98% of the time.. and he sounded fucking fantastic.

So people, if you weren't at the show last night, don't say it was a bad show, because it wasn't.  It probably wasn't the best show of the tour, but it still fucking rocked - and I'm very sorry for everyone in Maine tonight who didn't get to see the act.  Hopefully a reschedule will take place. peace

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

I had a great fucking night at Continental Airlines Arena.  For those who said last night's show was bad...I respectfully disagree. 

Except for my brother-in-law losing his digital camera at the show (which had pics of me and other htgth members), I had a great time.  Hopefully, somebody else was snapping pictures in lot 22 section D!  Many members were there including Jarmo.  Good times.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 08:47:01 PM »

I agree, the only reason last night was bad was because i got kicked out and missed 2/3 of the show. But the band sounded good and played with lots of energy. you couldnt ask for much more from them. last night was not a bad show. if you weren't there please dont comment on the show.
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »

That sucks Axl4prez about the camara.  If you do find someone who took pictures, I'd love to get copies. Cheesy

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 08:54:46 PM »

The show sounded absolutely fine to me.

The only negative part when was idiots were throwing things.
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:11:22 PM »

I hope more people see this thread and read how wonderful of a show last night truly was. Cool

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »

I'm sure it was a sweet show.  I'm sure most of the people complaining were all revved up about "Down Here On the Farm" in WV and were expecting another suprise.  No worries I can't wait for my shows in Everett and Portland, OR if they happen.  You already cancelled one Portland don't make it two!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 10:33:28 PM »

I see that everyone's posting of how bad last night's show was, when 99% of this board wasn't even there.

Last night's show was not bad by any means people!? Axl sounded fantastic - and was completley into the show the whole night, having a blast.? The band sounded fantastic for the most part and was having a blast as well.? Everyone but most of the audience was geared up for the show and having a great time, and the one's who were having a good time had a great time.

There were some sound problems (most notebly during the end of Better) but for the most part they weren't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.? The sound could have been louder, MUCH louder.. but it was still loud enough to make your ears ring after the show.? I had no problem whatso ever hearing Axl.? Maybe depending on where people were it was tough, but from where I was I could hear him 98% of the time.. and he sounded fucking fantastic.

So people, if you weren't at the show last night, don't say it was a bad show, because it wasn't.? It probably wasn't the best show of the tour, but it still fucking rocked - and I'm very sorry for everyone in Maine tonight who didn't get to see the act.? Hopefully a reschedule will take place. peace

Reviews have seemed to be mixed.

But most of the negative ones have seemed to come from the same assholes they were throwing stuff, and intentionally trying to ruin the show.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »

I was there in the front row against the gate( i got there mad early) and I thought it was a phenomenal show..Axl was really into it joking around and he didnt even get that pissed when people threw stuff on the stage...he said he would leave but didnt seem to be pissed about it...the band is clicking together and they all seem like a real tight unit...not only bandmates but they seem like really good friends as well....great show, great set list, great everything...i cant wait till friday at the garden!!!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:45:52 PM »

Ok... want to know how fucking cool GNR and the crew were??

I was front row dead center....The real dead center.  I was into the show but not really singing along for the first 5 songs because I had spent 8 hours in line waiting and barely ate or drank anything - so I wasn't feeling too hot at the time.  After KOHD, the big guy with black leather gloves and the headset came over to me and asked me why I wasn't having a good time and told me that AXL said I looked bummed out... The bodyguard asked me to just give Axl a thumbs up or show him that I was ok and having a good time.  I was just amazed that Axl noticed me... so I went ahead and really got into the show (I snapped out of my earlier mood)....

Right after SCOM, the bodyguard comes back over to me and says "You know what, I'm glad to see you're into the show" --- "But let's keep you happy just incase"  - - He handed me two backstage passed for the afterparty to meet members of the band, relax and have a few drinks while the parking lot and traffic cleared out. 

HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT?!  NJ was plain kickass.. both the concert and the band.  Thank you to the bodyguard and thank you Axl for the most memorable GNR show I've been to (and that was my 6th show).  Fucking awesome.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 10:54:42 PM »

I was front row dead center....The real dead center.? I was into the show but not really singing along for the first 5 songs because I had spent 8 hours in line waiting and barely ate or drank anything - so I wasn't feeling too hot at the time.? After KOHD, the big guy with black leather gloves and the headset came over to me and asked me why I wasn't having a good time and told me that AXL said I looked bummed out... The bodyguard asked me to just give Axl a thumbs up or show him that I was ok and having a good time.? I was just amazed that Axl noticed me... so I went ahead and really got into the show (I snapped out of my earlier mood)....

Right after SCOM, the bodyguard comes back over to me and says "You know what, I'm glad to see you're into the show" --- "But let's keep you happy just incase"? - - He handed me two backstage passed for the afterparty to meet members of the band, relax and have a few drinks while the parking lot and traffic cleared out.?

HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT?!? NJ was plain kickass.. both the concert and the band.? Thank you to the bodyguard and thank you Axl for the most memorable GNR show I've been to (and that was my 6th show).? Fucking awesome.

That's great.

Who'd you see backstage?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 11:33:24 PM »

I was front row dead center....The real dead center.? I was into the show but not really singing along for the first 5 songs because I had spent 8 hours in line waiting and barely ate or drank anything - so I wasn't feeling too hot at the time.? After KOHD, the big guy with black leather gloves and the headset came over to me and asked me why I wasn't having a good time and told me that AXL said I looked bummed out... The bodyguard asked me to just give Axl a thumbs up or show him that I was ok and having a good time.? I was just amazed that Axl noticed me... so I went ahead and really got into the show (I snapped out of my earlier mood)....

Right after SCOM, the bodyguard comes back over to me and says "You know what, I'm glad to see you're into the show" --- "But let's keep you happy just incase"? - - He handed me two backstage passed for the afterparty to meet members of the band, relax and have a few drinks while the parking lot and traffic cleared out.?

HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT?!? NJ was plain kickass.. both the concert and the band.? Thank you to the bodyguard and thank you Axl for the most memorable GNR show I've been to (and that was my 6th show).? Fucking awesome.

That's great.

Who'd you see backstage?

Del James, Pitman, Dizzy, Tommy, Fortus, Frank, Ron and a bunch of their personal friends and family... It was really cool.  There were some crew members there too.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 12:03:29 AM »

seriously, that's the best thing i've heard all fuck night.  anybody that says hes an asshole is an asshole... those assholes.

but seriously awesome.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 12:05:41 AM »

That's an awesome story. See, Axl cares about the fans.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 12:15:16 AM »

That's great.

Who'd you see backstage?

Del James, Pitman, Dizzy, Tommy, Fortus, Frank, Ron and a bunch of their personal friends and family... It was really cool.? There were some crew members there too.

That is an awesome story! beer

The crowd was sort of lame at this show, that I will say, even on the floor.  The band really put on an awesome show even in spite of this. 
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 01:43:06 AM »

I had a great fucking night at Continental Airlines Arena.  For those who said last night's show was bad...I respectfully disagree. 

Except for my brother-in-law losing his digital camera at the show (which had pics of me and other htgth members), I had a great time.  Hopefully, somebody else was snapping pictures in lot 22 section D!  Many members were there including Jarmo.  Good times.   yes

CAA is so lame, did your brother in law at least get his cam back(I'm guessing by lost you mean they took it from him)? Those punks ambushed my friend and I by my car after the show because he was getting his bag from my car and they thought we were selling tshirts, last I checked boot tshirt sellers at CAA usually  don't park in the parking decks and attend the show. Place is lame, lame, lame.  Can't wait to see them at the real arena in the tristate area friday.

As for the show, I thought the band was good, Axl sounded good but the setlist and the solos were stale. Most people in the arena were standing so it was not like everybody was sitting and not into the show like most people are making it out to be- remember the show started at 11:40 and people have work the next day plus are most likely driving some distance home. The sound wasn't too terrible considering how horrible the acoustics are in that building- I've heard a lot worst there. I'm hoping friday we at least get a different set, and an Izzy appearance. Garden's acoustics are excellent for a sports arena so if the sound guys are doing there job that factor will be a non issue. Plus the show is supposed to be sold out and it is a friday so the crowd should be really hyped even with a late start.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:51:36 AM by GNRArnold » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 02:25:09 AM »

I got pics, just gota get my bag back friday, from my friends who fuckng stranded me there, !lol William is going to the show on friday but leaving the negative non GNR , fiance at home! Once I get them Ill post em

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 09:28:07 AM »

^^^Thank you Jazjme!  It was great seeing you and all the other GNR fans.   ok
My bro-in-law Paul was totally wasted by the time we hit our first rest-stop on the Jersey Turnpike on the way up from Delaware!  He's pretty sure he didn't bring it into the arena.  Unfortunately, it had some great pics, but I'm fairly certain when pictures were being taken, there was more than 1 camera going.  Unfortunately, we'll be losing the departure pics from the house too  Sad .

Let that be a lesson for folks going to future shows...party responsibly.   peace  I had a great time drinking on and off for about 2 1/2 hours after I got there.  Great stuff.  My bro-in-law however spent some time in the medical tent.  I didn't know it at the time since our crew of 5 separated inside.  Me and a buddy of mine made it up to 4th row or so from the stage and had a blast.  The other lesson to remember is check the negative fucks at the door or somewhere where they don't have the keys, and then find them later in the show!   hihi

I was totally surprised how easy it was to leave.  Traffic-wise that is.  We did take our sweet time to leave, but Jazjme, we didn't see you after the show.  Sorry, we did have a packed front cab of my bro-in-law's tank of a pick-up truck, but we would have gladly helped a brutha out.  Glad ya made it back in one piece.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 10:06:02 AM »

That's fucking awesome!!! Congrats, man! It really was a great show from where I was standing, don't know why some are giving negative reviews.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 10:27:49 AM »

Not sure how but I missed this until just now. Fucking awesome man! I'm glad you ended up having a great time!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: