Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So Fine Discussion
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Fine Discussion  (Read 6160 times)
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 01:21:32 PM »

So Fine is a great song. 

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Chief
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »

This song is ok.. i like some parts of it but i never really feel like listening to it...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 01:40:17 PM »

i love the song...then again I love everything GNR has ever done....i have even listened to My World a ridiculous amount of times over the years...
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 02:29:24 PM »

I'm not a fan - Duff's thing for Johnny Thunders was just odd (dedicating two songs to him?), and the lyrics and vocals were really quite bad.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »

But yeah So Fine is ok. It starts out a love song but it's dedicated to Johnny Thunders. Seems odd. It seems like two different songs stuck together really. The lyrical contect is totally different in both. I always assumed it was a song Axl wrote combined with a song Duff wrote. Like they just put the two together. But apparently Duff wrote all of it. Strange arrangement. Nothing great by GnR's standard, but it's probably one for the girls to like.

Good song.  I think I probably like the live versions a little better with both Axl and Duff singing. Plus, it's dedicated to Johnny Thunders and Johnny is a legend.  It doesn't really seem odd to me why Duff dedicated it to Johnny, like the person above states. It may be a dedication but it's more for the reason being that 'So Fine' is a Johnny Thunders type of song. I'm sure his music was a huge inspiration behind the writing of 'So Fine.' Johnny Thunders died in April of 1991 and that could be another reason for the dedication.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 04:31:00 AM »

I've never understood why so many are anti-So Fine. I certaintly don't think it's one of the top-classics, but it's a great little small ballad, that really is underrated. For GN'R, it's a lower-ranked song. Yet for any other band, So Fine would be a top-release single.

I love Duff's vocals on it (even tho he can't sing, lol). But having Axl also join him, it almost gives it a rock legitimacy, but with Duff's vocals, it almost sounds like a punk love song. The song is very smooth, and has very relaxing guitar work.

It's good song, and a nice lead-in to Estranged on UYI II.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 05:04:33 AM »

Like it alot... peace  Its a cool song..i love the friendship that Axl and Duff show during the Tokyo DVD.. its nice..
How times change.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 05:23:02 AM »

Like it alot... peace? Its a cool song..i love the friendship that Axl and Duff show during the Tokyo DVD.. its nice..
How times change.. peace

Well..What made you sure that they were friends ?? Just because they stood arm 2 arm and sang the song ?

But i know what you mean..maybe that?s a little cool..But the song itself rocks !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 05:27:59 AM »

Like it alot... peace? Its a cool song..i love the friendship that Axl and Duff show during the Tokyo DVD.. its nice..
How times change.. peace

Well..What made you sure that they were friends ?? Just because they stood arm 2 arm and sang the song ?

But i know what you mean..maybe that?s a little cool..But the song itself rocks !

Actually Axl himself said they were friends. When Duff quit in 1998 (or whenever, there's conflicting stories), Axl implied that it blindsided him, and he thought they were friends. When all of these grievences from Duff came out, it shocked him.

It was in that 2002 interview on the now defunct GNROnline.com website.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 05:32:59 AM »

so fine fucking rocks man!!

its a great bluses number!!

I agree the live version is beta.. but Im amazed that this song gets overlooked!!

Its a diamond on the rough!!

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 05:40:48 AM »

'cause she's smart.....that's why.....both live and studio versions are excellent, since I first heard UYI always my top favourites.......Don't cry was my disappointment since I was used to the original demo version which is the best by the way of all 3.....

Snakepiter

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 05:48:37 AM »

'cause she's smart.....that's why.....both live and studio versions are excellent, since I first heard UYI always my top favourites.......Don't cry was my disappointment since I was used to the original demo version which is the best by the way of all 3.....

Snakepiter

Don't Cry a disappointment?? confused

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 06:10:08 AM »

Snakepiter

were can u get the download 4 that the demo version???

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 06:27:07 AM »

This track is amazing!  I loved it first time, didn't have to grow on me at all, Duff's singing is great and its generally an awesome track that I think sounds relaxing Grin

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 07:11:49 AM »

Snakepiter

were can u get the download 4 that the demo version???

Huh

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=38554.0

I know what he means. I mean the demo is awesome, and is much more cut down and almost Nirvana-sounding.

But I still don't think the epic & overproduced one that made the album isn't a disappointment by any means. Both the original & alternate both kicked ass!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:23:32 AM by The Legend » Logged

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 08:02:12 AM »

What I think I like about this song the most is the guitar work at the beginning accompanied by piano.

The guitar riff is so relaxing and its a nice intracate piece of song-writing. I find this side to rock 'n' roll much more appealing than the boring power chords in songs nowadays.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »

I used to really love the song.  It is still good on occasion when I am in the mood.  Duff  doesn't have a great voice by most standards but I always liked it.  It's good for some things like on the Neurotic Outsiders I thought he sounded awesome.  Anyway, it's a good song and it is kinda sad when you watch the UYI Dvds and you see the interaction between Axl and Duff during teh "My friends always come through for me part".

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »

I actually heard it on teh radio last year when I was down in Florida.

Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »

I don't love it nor hate it, I just think it's alright.

This   is   Democracy!!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2006, 11:02:40 AM »

I'm not a fan - Duff's thing for Johnny Thunders was just odd (dedicating two songs to him?), and the lyrics and vocals were really quite bad.

There's definately some homo erotic subtones to his appreciation for J.Thunders hihi

And it's not just that, look at some of the vests and shit he wore during the Illusion tour. Totally gay. And we all know about Adlers past activities. Even Axl hasn't had a steady woman for 10 years.

The pieces are coming together now, and I don't like it rofl rofl rofl

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: