Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]  (Read 35475 times)
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »

I walked into the Continental Airlines Arena knowing they wouldn't go on till around 11:30.  The wait was nothing for me, because I always miss the opening acts for GNR.  That is the key to conserving your energy.  I also took off work today.  That being said, I had a great time.  The fans were well behaved, and I thought the show was awesome.  It was the best behaved GNR fans I have ever seen - and that's a good thing.  I got everything I expected.  Great show by Axl, and I loved Frank's drumming.  Looking forward to M-S-G this Friday night baby.  I am staying at a nearby hotel in NYC, so I will pregame in the room, and then enter MSG around 10:30-10:45.  Then hangout a little before the show and enjoy the concert.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
flickn
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2006, 01:00:39 PM »

Note to all of you , if you are going to see axl rose , be sure to request the next day off from work.If you are 30+ and have  kids and married , take the next day off, inform the wife the the honey dues are not doable . And plan on chilling the next day.

I have seen Metallica so many times , and never even  pondered going into work the next day.Or mowing the yard , patching the roof taking a final's exam or even washing my self off the couch

just think about it...
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2006, 01:04:23 PM »

Not for nothing but I am aware of the "late" show times and I will be showing up somewherea round 10-10:30.  I could care less when they come on - I took the next day off from work so I don't have to worry about that.  I have let the other 5 people i'm going with know when they went on the last 5 shows so they will know what to expect.

It is, what it is . . .  there is nothing you can really do about it - so just roll with it

Wake up. . . .time to die
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2006, 01:19:04 PM »

Them coming on late gave me the chance to drink more beer.  Fucking seven dollars a beer, I was fucking bored.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY NIGHT WAS SEEING SOME CHICK GIVE A GUY HEAD IN THE BATHROOM UNDER THE STALL.  NO ONE WANTED TO SAY ANYTHING BUT I DID, AND I THINK I RUINED HIS NIGHT LOL. 

SORRY I WAS FUCKING BORED AND NOT GETTING ANY MYSELF.
flickn
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »

So this show was audio taped ?

I heard there's a DVD.   smoking

details , details!!!
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2006, 01:41:35 PM »

Ive never heard so many bitches in my life. If you want to get some quality shut eye check out the next kenny G show I hear he goes on Promptly every night and all the fans are quietly seated and well behaved.

People aren't bitching about the shows. ?But if you honestly think that going on at 11:30 is a great way to win over new fans, or a way to get the old ones (who aren't familiar with the band anymore) back onboard, then you're mistaken. ?

To put it into perspective: ?Think about a band that you're a casual fan of. ?If they made you wait until 11:30 to go on, and then someone said "Oh, you should've read the press release," would that be sufficient for you.

Again - I'm not saying that I really care that they go on late. ?But we have to think of the bigger picture here, and who the band is playing to every night.
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

The best show in 2002 was MSG. ?Why? ?Not because it was New York, or the fans are so great there, but because the show started around 9:45. ?Everyone had energy and the energy juts built. ?I guarantee if they start the show at midnight this Friday it won't be the party everyone is ecpecting. ?If G N' R wants to do this right then they should grow up. ?They are not Led Zeppelin. ?Mayby 15 years ago they were and they could do this, but they are no longer the worldwide event that everyone was kept up just waiting in anticipation. ?This is a reconstituted Guns N Roses, and they need to re-build it all from scratch. ?Treating your last remaining fans like dirt will not help the building process. ?

People were asleep in the arena. ?How can that be a good thing?!! ?That is just plain awful. ?This is not a club. ?A club attracts people that are used to going out late and staying out late. ?This is an arena that attracts the MAJORITY of its people that expect to be home in time and have had a great show for the $100+ they are spending in tickets, parking, concessions, etc.

Anyone who defends the late times lives in a silo. ?They are bad for business and customer satisfaction. ?It is not 1991!!! ?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

Well just for a "what the hell" statement here.
My cousin went to see Godsmack and they go on early and stuff, and she fell asleep at their show.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2006, 01:57:30 PM »

the MAJORITY of its people that expect to be home in time and have had a great show for the $100+ they are spending in tickets, parking, concessions, etc.

Anyone who defends the late times lives in a silo. ?They are bad for business and customer satisfaction. ?It is not 1991!!! ?

A concert is a one-shot deal... it's not like the band is playing every week in your city and ruining your precious timetables on a consistent basis. ?So suck it up! ?Catch up on your sleep the next night or like someone already said... take the next day off!

Beer prices at an arena are one thig to complain about... but a rock band starting a concert "late"? ?Give me a beak!
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2006, 01:58:39 PM »

I wish the show started earlier also, but the poeple on this board should know by now what to expect.

It was a Sunday and the crowd was diffrent it was a working class crowd, not the younger party crowd at the Hammerstien in May.

Hell I was fucking tired too, but I hung with it the best I could. Same show on a Thur, Fri or Sat would of kicked ass.

The crowd being laid back sleeping is not the bands fualt, yea thye could of come on earlier but really how much earlier, Back did not start till 8: 30 as scheduled and the times between acts was not excessive like we have seen in the past.

Maybe it all comes down to the venue requested a 8:30 start to aid in getting giants fans away from site first, if bach would start at 7:30 everything would be much better. ?

Best case scenario if GNR came on at 11 it still would of been 1:30 till it was over, and in my book what is 30 more minutes on a work night when it is already hours past your bed time. ?

There was no fucking around between sets when shit was ready they played.

I took my 12 year old and his friend, we were all tired, hell we got home at 4AM. Slept very little, we are all at work or school. ?peace

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
axlslash4eva
Headliner

Suck on That

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »

I was at the show 2night and it was great, but i had this 1 fuckin bitch in front of me in GA admission and when people were bumping in to her she would get pissed and she kept bitching she was tired and that she had work 2morro adn she was bitching during the solos, FUCK PEOPLE your in general admission if u dont want 2 get bumbed in2 go seat in a fuckin seat and this is a rock show they do solos if u dont like it dont fuckin go
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

Well after this week there will be no more PR so GNR will maybe start earlier for all you old people ?rofl, we will have to wait and see.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

My review:

Got there around 7, met up with the htgth thing in the parking lot. Met some really cool people, met Jarmo real quick, met a bunch of people from all different boards, it was fun.

Went inside around 8 checked out my seats they were in 125 very nice. Bach came on, did some yelling, screamed new jersey a bunch of times and played 18 and life it was pretty good. he puts on a good show. P-roach came out, they were alright, they have a lot of songs that seem to come off better live. after papa roach the wait began. After about only a half hour, you could see Frank behind the stage sort of "air drumming" and acting all excited like they were about to go on stage. But 5 minutes later they made an announcement over the PA (which, when it started, flashed me back to philly and made my fucking heart stop) saying that "Axl and company and are in the building, but we are having technical problems with the keyboards. Once that's fixed GNR are coming out. To this question, I screamed "Which keyboard" which fell on deaf ears in a crowd of really lame new jerseyians. I'll get into how dissapointed I am at my states response to GNR later.

After about another 20 minutes or so, at like 11:30, the lights went out and the intro started. Robin came out and did the little jungle riff, and they went through the usual set list. The sound, especially on the first 4 songs, didn't favor Axl. The music is so incredibily loud that it's impossible at times to hear Axl's amazing voice. At other times, however, the sound seemed fine. The band themselves kicked all kinds of ass. Frank is awesome, my new fucking idol. I've read people complaining about the little drum beat thing he kept doing to get the "Guns N' Roses" chant going in between songs, but those people are lazy bastards who don't want to chant guns n' roses. It was fun as hell, and he kept like standing up and motioning to the crowd - he was so fucking into it.

Robin did his solo, with Dizzy on keyboards and Frank drumming. It was in a word Unbelieveable. I mean, a total change from a regular noodling kind of show off solo. It was sort of bluesy but heavy, it was absolutely amazing. I hope a recording of it shows up. It was just intense I loved it. They then ran through the rest of the set, with some drama happening when some bon jovi concert rejects decided to start throwing shit at the band. Axl said basically that we were an awesome crowd and he's having an awesome time, so stop throwing shit and if you see anyone being an asshole point them out to security. They did Used To Love Her, which sounded great. I.R.S. was incredible live as it has been every time I've went. Chinese Democracy opened the encore, and it was by far my favorite of the night. Absolutely incredible the way the song has grown since 2001 into what it is now. When I see Robin play the intro, I think to myself "this is why i came here" it's just that good.

Ok, so now for the crowd and the sound. First off, Continental is known for shitty sound. It's a fucking shithole built on a landfill in new jersey. I had never seen a concert there myself, and I sort of doubted what all my friends have told me about it being "the worst place to see a concert." A friend of mine who saw NIN there said it was basically "inaudible" at times. I couldn't believe how poor the acoustics were. I know it's no hammerstein, but it was god awful at times. And what sucked was that you could tell that the band was kicking total ass and playing spot on but the shitty sound took away from it a bit. And the CROWD. Wow, I've waited a long time for last night, to see GNR in New Jersey, 5 minutes from my home. I had hoped for the crowd to not be a bunch of fucking LAME ASS motherfuckers who just stand there even in the pit during Out Ta Get Me. It was so sad. I hate screaming at concerts, but I felt I had to just because no one seemed to fucking care too much. Now I have very little voice today Smiley It's fun to sing the new songs, but it didn't have the same feel as Hammerstein because no one around me seemed to know the words. At NYC you could look around and always see a couple other people singing the leaks and know you were in a cool crowd. And there was also a lot of fucking old people who just are completely incapable of handling alocoholic beverages anymore, and then when those wore off they basically just sat there looking like half-sleeping members of a bon jovi cover band.

So yeah, it was a great show in a shitty arena. It was cool to see Guns play my home state, though. The band is amazing, and they seem to really be hitting their stride right now and it comes through on stage.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »

I was in the front row against the gate...almost center stage....the crowd around me was great.. This whole "they came on stage too late, we are in our 30's and have jobs" bullshit never seems to end..If you know anything about the band...and if you are posting on this board you obviously do, you know what to expect..I am so sick of hearing about people and their jobs..one day of being tired is NOT GOING TO KILL YOU....I had to get up early today, Im not bitching about the time the show started...i was prepared for it...The show was great by the way...Just to clarify..I dont know what shows you guys are going to, but whoever says GNR's core audience is over 30 is insane.. I have seen this new band 5 times, and everytime the majority of the crowd looked like they were in their teens nevermind 30's.. in all honesty i think 65-75 percent of the crowd was under 25...anyway Im tired as hell today...but guess what I'll sleep TONIGHT..people who complain about every little detail of the show..why do you even go?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2006, 02:12:32 PM »

My review:

Got there around 7, met up with the htgth thing in the parking lot. Met some really cool people, met Jarmo real quick, met a bunch of people from all different boards, it was fun.

Went inside around 8 checked out my seats they were in 125 very nice. Bach came on, did some yelling, screamed new jersey a bunch of times and played 18 and life it was pretty good. he puts on a good show. P-roach came out, they were alright, they have a lot of songs that seem to come off better live. after papa roach the wait began. After about only a half hour, you could see Frank behind the stage sort of "air drumming" and acting all excited like they were about to go on stage. But 5 minutes later they made an announcement over the PA (which, when it started, flashed me back to philly and made my fucking heart stop) saying that "Axl and company and are in the building, but we are having technical problems with the keyboards. Once that's fixed GNR are coming out. To this question, I screamed "Which keyboard" which fell on deaf ears in a crowd of really lame new jerseyians. I'll get into how dissapointed I am at my states response to GNR later.

After about another 20 minutes or so, at like 11:30, the lights went out and the intro started. Robin came out and did the little jungle riff, and they went through the usual set list. The sound, especially on the first 4 songs, didn't favor Axl. The music is so incredibily loud that it's impossible at times to hear Axl's amazing voice. At other times, however, the sound seemed fine. The band themselves kicked all kinds of ass. Frank is awesome, my new fucking idol. I've read people complaining about the little drum beat thing he kept doing to get the "Guns N' Roses" chant going in between songs, but those people are lazy bastards who don't want to chant guns n' roses. It was fun as hell, and he kept like standing up and motioning to the crowd - he was so fucking into it.

Robin did his solo, with Dizzy on keyboards and Frank drumming. It was in a word Unbelieveable. I mean, a total change from a regular noodling kind of show off solo. It was sort of bluesy but heavy, it was absolutely amazing. I hope a recording of it shows up. It was just intense I loved it. They then ran through the rest of the set, with some drama happening when some bon jovi concert rejects decided to start throwing shit at the band. Axl said basically that we were an awesome crowd and he's having an awesome time, so stop throwing shit and if you see anyone being an asshole point them out to security. They did Used To Love Her, which sounded great. I.R.S. was incredible live as it has been every time I've went. Chinese Democracy opened the encore, and it was by far my favorite of the night. Absolutely incredible the way the song has grown since 2001 into what it is now. When I see Robin play the intro, I think to myself "this is why i came here" it's just that good.

Ok, so now for the crowd and the sound. First off, Continental is known for shitty sound. It's a fucking shithole built on a landfill in new jersey. I had never seen a concert there myself, and I sort of doubted what all my friends have told me about it being "the worst place to see a concert." A friend of mine who saw NIN there said it was basically "inaudible" at times. I couldn't believe how poor the acoustics were. I know it's no hammerstein, but it was god awful at times. And what sucked was that you could tell that the band was kicking total ass and playing spot on but the shitty sound took away from it a bit. And the CROWD. Wow, I've waited a long time for last night, to see GNR in New Jersey, 5 minutes from my home. I had hoped for the crowd to not be a bunch of fucking LAME ASS motherfuckers who just stand there even in the pit during Out Ta Get Me. It was so sad. I hate screaming at concerts, but I felt I had to just because no one seemed to fucking care too much. Now I have very little voice today Smiley It's fun to sing the new songs, but it didn't have the same feel as Hammerstein because no one around me seemed to know the words. At NYC you could look around and always see a couple other people singing the leaks and know you were in a cool crowd. And there was also a lot of fucking old people who just are completely incapable of handling alocoholic beverages anymore, and then when those wore off they basically just sat there looking like half-sleeping members of a bon jovi cover band.

So yeah, it was a great show in a shitty arena. It was cool to see Guns play my home state, though. The band is amazing, and they seem to really be hitting their stride right now and it comes through on stage.

Fun night it was Smiley

Thanks again for taking us back to our hotel at what time was it?Huh

I am in portland..awaiting jarmo and tonya to get here.

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2006, 02:13:40 PM »

My review:

Great Review agree 100%

Frank was awsome beer

Nice meeting you and Jarmo ?and the nice girl with him but I forget her name sorry ?beer

jarmo is the man by the way, very very nice guy beer

Heck he left in that white limo with Axl and entourage after the show

Just Kidding on the last line, i figured some would blow a fuse when they read that ?with all there conspiracy theories and all rofl ?I hope Jarmo has agreat time in this country. ?peace

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
EFISH
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »

HAha dude, I actually beleived you!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nice reviews everyone, glad you all had a great time! And thanks for sending updates sjgotnitro
  beer
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

HAha dude, I actually beleived you!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nice reviews everyone, glad you all had a great time! And thanks for sending updates sjgotnitro
? beer

No problem anytime,
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:57:30 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

My review:

Great Review agree 100%

Frank was awsome beer

Nice meeting you and Jarmo ?and the nice girl with him but I forget her name sorry ?beer

jarmo is the man by the way, very very nice guy beer

Heck he left in that white limo with Axl and entourage after the show

Just Kidding on the last line, i figured some would blow a fuse when they read that ?with all there conspiracy theories and all rofl ?I hope Jarmo has agreat time in this country. ?peace

Ha ha white limo.

Ford taurus white Tongue
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2006, 02:26:02 PM »

The only thing that sucked for me was having some drunk fuck pour $7 bucks worth of beer down my back, only to laugh and then puke on my seat.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: