Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]  (Read 35486 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2006, 10:52:08 AM »

Well according to the box office, it was 90% sold.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2006, 10:52:51 AM »

not 'fucking filled.? ?There were a lot of empty seats.
did you be there?
ten people who was there said arena was packed?

I have never seen so many tree
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2006, 10:54:41 AM »

There's pics on mygnr...the arena was fucking filled...

no, just about everyone has confirmed that the upper tier was about 1/2 full or so.  Still, a very good turnout for a Sunday night, with no album out, but not a sold-out or near-full arena either, at least from every report I read. 
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2006, 10:55:07 AM »

I was there.  A lot of the upper section were very empty.   The arena in whole wasn't dead but it was definitely not 80 percent capacity.  I don't really want to argue on it though.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »

So we can agree it was an "ok" show? Nothing special, nothing horrible. Can't win em all. They will probably rock the house in NY though, so let's look forward.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2006, 11:21:22 AM »

yeah, i was in section 241, and after row 10, it was almost completely empty, but that didnt stop my friend and me from having a good time, it was a good show, GNR rocked as usual, and Baz and papa roach rocked as well!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:44:25 AM by GNRslave » Logged

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2006, 11:23:26 AM »

good.

Thanks for the updates, e fish and everyone.
nice first report, sjgotnitro. ok
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2006, 11:23:51 AM »

I'd say the arena was about 70% full. ?The upper deck was barley half ful, and there were a lot of empty seats in the lower deck still (mostly in the back). ?I think a lot of people didn't show...

I'll post a review later. ?It was a great show, but a lame crowd!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

I was there.? A lot of the upper section were very empty.? ?The arena in whole wasn't dead but it was definitely not 80 percent capacity.? I don't really want to argue on it though.

I would say it was 1/3 empty overall. Upper section were very empty, lower section still had plenty of empty seats.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2006, 11:26:21 AM »

Papa Roach sucked, really, really badly. I joined in the "You Suck" chants. Boy, did I lose my voice doing that. hihi I really enjoyed Guns, though, even though the show started so late. I only just got home at 5:25 AM...But yeah, my paretns believe in nu-Gn'R now.

Okay, you are a dick !! ok ok ok

Hope it was fun, can?t wait for GNR to come back t oSweden Tongue

And btw..How does the topic-starter know who will attend the show ?? ( Call me stupid )

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2006, 11:30:59 AM »

Papa Roach sucked, really, really badly. I joined in the "You Suck" chants. Boy, did I lose my voice doing that. hihi I really enjoyed Guns, though, even though the show started so late. I only just got home at 5:25 AM...But yeah, my paretns believe in nu-Gn'R now.

Okay, you are a dick !! ok ok : ok:And btw..How does the topic-starter know who will attend the show ?? ( Call me stupid )

There's a thread for each show in the GNR on Tour section, I believe.  Ohh, I should check to see if my name is on the Worchester show list....

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »

Lets hope MSG is better. ?I was there and the show was just off. ?First off, this whole "it's rock & roll" and "we go when we want attitude" is fine. ?Except, if I were Axl and the band I wouldn't expect to pull this off on a return visit. ?People just won't come. ?

I think coming on at 11:30 PM eventually kills the show because the audience is worn out 1 hour in. ?The audience average age is +30, have jobs, kids, etc. and are not used to being up at a rock show until 2 AM in the morning. ?I'd love to say that a rock show is an escape but when I have to go into work the next day I sure wish that escape couls have happened between 10 PM and 12 AM (at the latest). ?Add in the solos and all momentum gets killed. ?I've seen GnR in '91, '92, '02, 4 shows at Hammerstein, and last night was the worst show by far. ? I guess what I'm saying is that continuing to play late is going to turn more fans off than on. ?Because basically at 2 AM, no matter how blistering a set is, you just don't have the energy anymore. ?The experience gets ruined and you leave feeling tired rather than feeling like you just saw the greatest frontman on the planent. ?The entire Gn'R experience would be a thousand times better if they just came on around 10 PM. ?I really think that the crowd was pupmed last night up until 12:30, but a few solos later and all the energy was gone and at 1 AM you're not getting that back. ?People were actually sleeping at a GnR concert. ?Sleeping!!! ?I was amazed. ?How can that be a good thing. ?No wonder the press has so much to pick on with this band. ?Oh, and get the sound fixed!!!! Papa Roach and Bach sounded fine, how can I barely hear Axl. ?Turn down some of the guitars and turn up his mic!! ?

Overall, ?a bad night. ?Hopefully ?MSG will be better. ?
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »

It was a standing room only up until first solo, everybody in seats were standing. Crowd was pumped big time, now as the night wore on the crowd including me were getting tired.

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,  some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t  to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2006, 12:05:56 PM »

but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,? some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t? to each other and i just turned around to watch the show.

Did that dude throw relish packets at you?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »

The floor was full.

All lower level sections except for 2 sections in rear were full. ?And those 2 were pretty empty maybe 20 to 30 ?people in each .

Upper level all sections were half full. Some thiner then others.

Unless sold out you will always have 1 or 2 seats per row empty. Hell i had one next to me, I paid for it but had no one to fill it.

Breif summary I paid $410.00 for 4 tixs, I went and took my oldest (12) his pal who I paid for Tix also and still one empty seat, So was it worth it to me to pay $400 to see GNR , because lets face it I'm the fan not my kid at his age. Well YES IT WAS  beer

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:13:39 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »

It was a standing room only up until first solo, everybody in seats were standing. Crowd was pumped big time, now as the night wore on the crowd including me were getting tired.

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,? some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t? to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...

That's fucking crazy!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »

Unfortunately I will have to agree with many of the reviews of this show thus far. Maybe its because Im spoiled by there MSG 02 performance or the 1st night at Hammerstein but this show was definately not up on that level.

I'm all for going on when you want and all that stuff, and I can enjoy the setlist even though Ive seen it a few times but there are drawbacks to all of that, especially the first part. Now for me Im 21 so I dont really care what time they go on. Time and GnR, Im never one to groan. But the non diehards around me do care. Going on at 11 40 takes away from the crowd energy and what the band has to offer. People were leaving because it was getting really late. I saw a few families there {wife dad and kids} and its ashame because I knew they didnt know what they were getting into in terms of time. And to see them leave halfway through the set is unfortunate.
 ?
 ?As for the solos. The solos at Hammerstein really urked the hell out of me but last night I enjoyed them. Particularly Robins solo. IMO, the best one Ive heard him do so far. And the band jams were really great. Particularly the one before NR if i remember right. But again. I do see people points about the solos. It kills the show at times. Maybe it wouldnt kill the show if they started around 10-1030. But when you go on at a quarter to 12, it will not be a positive to most ancy people in the crowd.

Next issue and my biggest beef...the sound. Maybe it was only where I was sitting {sec 123} but I could not hear Axl that great at all last night. I heard the band fine but the vocals were very choppys,muddy and sorta drowned out. Idk if thats because the instruments are way up or because the mic is down...Idk bout that tech stuff.. But either way you couldnt hear Axl well from where i was sitting. This is my biggest problem because when your spending 100-150+ bucks{tickets,parking food,etc} and ?waiting till almost midnight{WHICH I DONT CARE] the least I think I and we deserve is a crisp sound. Yea problems come up here and there but this is a major band with major ?money charging big bucks. The tech stuff should be first class...case closed. I dont think thats too mcuh to ask....

As for the crowd. IMO it was bad. 60-75% full and little energy. Again maybe its because Im expecting MSG and Hammerstein IDk. But when you can hear yourself sing, you know the crowd is dead. And as a result I dont bust out screaming gnr vocals because then all the people around will hear me lol...and i cant sing!...And it sux when people look at you weird when you are the only 1 in sight singing the new songs...lol

My highlights of the night were meeting many board members including Jarmo. He is a real cool guy. got to see Jaz, Bandito, Axl4 Prez{funny as hell}, and the Godfather himself, Steven and his friend from the board whos name escapes me as well as many others. All great people and great fans...

As for the show highlights:
KOHD was GREAT. Axls vocals on that were excellent. especially the last line he belted...
Better--sounded great imo
LALD
Robins Solo
and the Band Jams
The Blues

all were great. Axl was in a good mood and it seemed like we were gonna be in for a big show in terms of songs. He kept saying how he liked the arena and fans here etc. But towards the end I guess they didnt have the enrgy from the crowd to give us more. WHo knows....i dont blame them it was the best of crowds...due to numerous reasons....btw Frank is good so dont worry about it. Hes not Brain but hes an excellent drummer.

I know its not the most positive review but its an honest one. Seems like some other shows prior to this were better. So thats good. Cause all I have been reading from fans and the press have been positive stuff.

Im sure everything will reach my level of expectation when they hit MSG Friday night....

see ya all there

and again...great seeing everyone!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:15:34 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2006, 12:17:02 PM »

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,  some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t  to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...

Sounds like the way I got treated at the Hammerstein.  That sucks bro... I stood the whole time in section 122
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »

im glad you said this, here is my wonderful story about the show last night. spent the day tailgaiting and got in when papa roach went on stage. anyway gnr comes out and i thought it was pretty good. not the best i have seen, but still awesome. the highlight for me was dizzy playing lynyrd skynyrd "tuesdays gone" as his piano solo. but as richard and robin were playing beautiful,? some guy behind us goes - "hey man, i didnt pay to see your ass." so i responded with something like - your at a f*cking rock concert. stand up. and then we were going back and forth saying sh*t? to each other and i just turned around to watch the show. so the usher comes down and tells us to sit down and my friend says that is ridiculous, i paid $100 for this ticket and nowhere does it say i have to sit. then the cops drag him out, i follow him and when i ask what happened three cops elbow me, throw me down, handcuff me and spray me like 4 times with mace. i basically got thrown out of the concert for standing. it was horrible.. one funny thing, gnr were playing out ta get me when it happened. now i have to go to court for standing during a gnr show...

damn it - that is fkd up! ?thrown out for standing up. ?that is pathetic - good on you for standing up to the lame-arses behind you and for following your mate out to see he was ok. ?Out ta get me would have been a good soundtrack to your chain of events ? Undecided ? ?hope you get to see a full show at some ?other point on the tour man... ?ok
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2006, 12:34:03 PM »

This "ok" show bullshit is just that...bullshit. It was an awesome show. I understand how having a crappy crowd around you can dull a great show, but the band was so on and the crowd was great where I was. GNR came out just under an hour after Papa Roach finished and about 20 minutes of that was due to a problem with the keyboard (which anyone close enough could see coming a mile away. It seemed like every two minutes some guy went up to it and played around). Enough with the show being too late. They came on a reasonable interval after Papa Roach. Sorry everyone, but Axl is on his own time. He has been for years and years and anyone who thinks he's going to change his living schedule for people that want to go to bed at 11:00 is a moron. Accept it already.
 ? ? ? ? ? ? Now, as much as I love Brain, this Frank guy was really great. Not as good of a drummer as Brain but what he lacked in technical skill he made up for in heart. This dude was obviously really enjoying himself. He kept pounding the drums to the tune to keep the crowd pumped between songs. He and Axl had great interaction. And speaking of Axl, he seemed to be in the best mood I'd ever seen him in and I was at Hammerstein (night 3). Smiling and laughing and talking quite a bit to the crowd. Even when he told people to not throw stuff on the stage he didn't seem that pissed. Very matter of fact. Everyone else was on as well. Tommy was playing to the crowd more so than I've noticed before and Fortus is always a pleasure to watch.
 ? ? ? ? ? ? The solos were great. Finck's solo with Frank on drums was one of the greatest solos I have ever seen. Pure blues, pure soul. It was incredible. Dizzy's "Tuesday's Gone" was great as well as was "Beautiful". All in all the show was really fantastic. I was hoping for "You're Crazy" but maybe next time. GNR played for about 2 hours and 20 minutes and all the people around me were really into it (I was on the floor so I didn't have any tired losers around me. Everyone was very excited though a few people left after Nightrain). The band put on a great show in spite of a few technical difficulties (bummer about Bumblefoot's problem on Nightrain). When Axl's vocals were a little low (which they were at times) he just kept singing and the band kept playing. They didn't let anything bother them, they just put on a great show. Can't wait to see them again on Friday! I hope they play with as much energy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:36:05 PM by Ellroy » Logged

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: