Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5, 2006 - Continental Arena - East Rutherford, New Jersey [Discussion]  (Read 35462 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2006, 12:27:56 AM »

yeah i just noticed i missed that  hihi
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2006, 12:35:33 AM »

Is this the earliest the band has gone on stage on this tour?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2006, 02:54:48 AM »

i just got back. show was great. Bach's set was pretty good, i was never a big skid row fan but it wasnt awful. Papa Roach surprised the heck out me. I really like them now. The lead singer has massive amounts of energy and his band can fuckin rock. The arean had plent of open seats in the lower section, and yes alot of people left around 1:00 a.m. I saw some people leave around 12:30.lol. GNR late start they said they were having technical difficulties with the keyboards. The sound was kinda off alot of the show. Better Axls vocals were so muffeled in the mix you couldnt understand what he was singing. Ron's solo-dont cry was amazing. My ears are still ringing. i'll post more about the show tomorrow it's off to bed for me.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2006, 03:21:28 AM »

just got home

will post review tomorrow

a lot of people by me, section 125, starting leaving during nightrain, and some even before that.

also i think setlist was cut short due to the throwing thing.

will pots a longer review and crap tomorrow mroning. well in about 6 hours Smiley
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2006, 05:35:49 AM »

Papa Roach sucked, really, really badly. I joined in the "You Suck" chants. Boy, did I lose my voice doing that. hihi I really enjoyed Guns, though, even though the show started so late. I only just got home at 5:25 AM...But yeah, my paretns believe in nu-Gn'R now.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2006, 05:42:58 AM »

Papa Roach sucked, really, really badly. I joined in the "You Suck" chants. Boy, did I lose my voice doing that. hihi I really enjoyed Guns, though, even though the show started so late. I only just got home at 5:25 AM...But yeah, my paretns believe in nu-Gn'R now.

That's great. I really wish Roach's type of music would go away.

I hope everyone had a really fun time!  Smiley

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2006, 05:44:25 AM »

Not surprised that a lot of people are saying this was an off night for GNR. Also not surprised that the arena was a bit empty. When you have a show at the Garden, only a fraction of people their are going to be from New York. It's a tri-state venue, people come from Penn, Conneticut, jersey, a lot of surrounding states. So most people in Jersey in my opinion, are going to that NY show

and as far as this jersey show goes...New Jersey is the armpit of America...anyone who's been there knows it's true. And it's funny to hear that people were throwing things, cuz when I saw VR at Starland Ballroom on New Years Eve last year, someone threw a water bottle at Scott Weiland's head. He was cool, called the kid a dick, and moved on, but I remember thinking "what is up with this jersey crowd?" Jersey people are a different breed.

But anyway, enough insulting NJ. 5 days to the real Guns and Roses show

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006, 06:06:55 AM »

Great show... very memorable.  I ended up with backstage passes and have a long story and review that you'll all enjoy.  Give me a day to prepare it.  I don't want to miss anything.  It's been a 34 hour day, I need to sleep so I'll catch you all later gang.

peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
ben9785
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2006, 06:09:50 AM »

Great show... very memorable.? I ended up with backstage passes and have a long story and review that you'll all enjoy.? Give me a day to prepare it.? I don't want to miss anything.? It's been a 34 hour day, I need to sleep so I'll catch you all later gang.

peace
A backstage pass? Nice one, yeah for sure, give us your story whenever you get to it. that would be great. i wonder if you got any groundbreaking info? *cough* haha. Have a good rest though.
izzy*stradlin
Headliner

You Wanted TheBest,Well TheyDidn't Fuckin' Make It

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

setlist, anyone?
Did they played Down On The Farm last night?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 08:11:38 AM by izzy*stradlin » Logged
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:23 AM »

setlist, anyone?
Did they have playd Down On The Farm last night?

No, the set was shorter than past nights

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
ben9785
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2006, 06:29:24 AM »

This was the setlist, courtesy of EFISH

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Browstone
4. Live And Let Die
5. Knockin' On Heavens Door
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. Better
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
11. The Blues
12. Robin/Richard Solo [Beautiful]
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
15. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]
16. Rocket Queen
17. Used To Love Her
18. IRS
19. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]
20. Patience
21. Nightrain
-----ENCORE------
22. Chinese Democracy
23. Paradise City

Yeah this set was alot shorter, I think it was just a bad night for them..hopefully this is just a one off though
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2006, 06:39:02 AM »

thanks for the updates and reviews so far, look forward to your story BluesGNR..!!!!
and the tour goes marching on!  fantastic...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2006, 06:45:29 AM »

why people are saying that was a "bad" GNR night???

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2006, 07:19:36 AM »

This was the setlist, courtesy of EFISH

1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Browstone
4. Live And Let Die
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. Better
9. You Could Be Mine
11. The Blues
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
16. Rocket Queen
17. Used To Love Her
18. IRS
20. Patience
21. Nightrain
-----ENCORE------
22. Chinese Democracy
23. Paradise City

Yeah this set was alot shorter, I think it was just a bad night for them..hopefully this is just a one off though

That set was longer than like the first four shows on the NA tour. What are you talking about bad night?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2006, 08:06:45 AM »

New Jersey is the armpit of America...anyone who's been there knows it's true.

Get away from the NY Metro area and you'll see most of Jersey is actually pretty nice.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »

I will give complete review later but for now, I few comments while they are still in my brain.

Final Setlist
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr. Browstone
4. Live And Let Die
6. Robin Finck Solo
7. Sweet Child O' Mine
8. Better
9. You Could Be Mine
11. The Blues
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. November Rain
16. Rocket Queen
17. Used To Love Her
18. IRS
20. Patience
21. Nightrain
-----ENCORE------
22. Chinese Democracy
23. Paradise City

Bach kicked ass, although his songs made me feel old(dated), GNR always sounds fresh to me still works in 2006.

Bach had a wild rant about ted nuggent it was awsome, ?said he(bach) lied on TV and did not stop drinking, also said if ted can run around killing shit all over the world he can have a drink. Fuck Him or something along those lines. ?

He really is a great entertainer and gets the crowd going, stopped one song until crowd got into it (part of act not in mad way).

PR was ok the beginning was slow but the end picked up nicely and got crowd going, but no more then bach, bach just had less people in seats. More people cheered for bach.

I mett jarmo and others after PR.

Frank was at side of stage waving his arms to thcrowd trying to get them pumped not many noticed him, i did ?hihi

about 20 min before gnr tech or somne said we have keyboard issues, once it is fixed the band will take the stage.

The Robin Finck Solo, Frank and Dizzy were both Jamming with Robin at times during solo.

After i think after ?lald Axl said we had tech diff earlier tonight, and this one he had nothing to do with, he is not to blame this time hihi

The place was 85% plus full at start of GnR.

It was a standing room only up until first solo, everybody in seats were standing. Crowd was pumped big time, now as the night wore on the crowd including me were getting tired.

Axl was in a great mood until something was thrown at the stage which I did not see and he warned them if they keep that shit up they will leave, he then said to point them out to security. But then he seemd OK again, so I do not know if this played a outcome of setlist and duration. Hell the show ended at 2am.

I was happy with everything no complaints. ?I did not see any mass exit for the doors during show until nightrain ended I told a few poeple you know the show is not over and they sat back down, but I would guess 20 to 25 % of people ran for doors. But during the course of the show before Night train maybe I would see one person here or there leaving, but to me that is normal.

After kohd you could tell the crowd was tired but still there when needed.

Frank tried between songs tried to keep people pumped.

I thought the show was awsome, a few songs axl mic was at times screwed up but no worse then when , PR or bach played, shit is never perfect live.

Crowd really jammed to better and CD. ?

Irs and blues ?got great reaction but not till songs were finished. I would say new songs got a good reception, and better and CD live sound awsome. Blus and Irs had issues with Axls mic levels but were great also.

Axl sounded better then May and I thought May he was perfect. AAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++
At times his mic levels were f'd but i do not think it was his voice.

I will add more when i get to work, more to add in about 2 hours

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:54 AM »

Glad so see some better reviews coming in.  At least we know that some people enjoyed the show.  I'm still psyched for Wednesdays show  peace

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »

Also I never noticed how quiet Axl gets before.? His new vocals go from really really soft to really fucking loud.?

Well, that is bound to happen with running across the stage, distances from the mic, etc. and it probably isn't specific to his "new" vocals. The sound techs should be using plenty of compression to account for any variance in his volume.

On the other hand, once again, some people are saying they could hear him and he was great last night.

I'll make my own decision tonight.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2006, 10:46:28 AM »

I mean Alxls vocals were good its just that sometimes the music would drown him out.   As far as the volume thing it didn't have to do with fatigue.... it seemed like he had no compression.    The Verses vs. the Chorus for example.  Durring some verses I could barely hear Axl and at the Chorus he was the loudest thing in the mix.  Just an off night for most. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: