Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Tracklist (RUMOR)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Tracklist (RUMOR)  (Read 15581 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »

I'm curious, am I the only one who doesn't like the songs Chinese Democracy and Madagascar?? They're alright but I'd rather not listen to them more than once.? I think Better, Catcher in the Rye and There was a Time are much better songs.

CD rocks, but I don't listen too it much. I hate listening to livesongs that I haven't heard studioversions of. I agree with Madagascar, beginning to be pretty bored with it. Wouldn't mind having it as a b-side or putting it on a different album. Maybe the studioversion will surprise me though.

Strange to think how praised that song was in 01 and 02.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »

it doesn`t matter what richard fortus said in an email 5 months ago. or what people said 10 years ago about a song that was supposed to be axl`s new masterpiece.... wait for the official setlist.

Agreed, things seem to change quick with this project, an email from any band member but Axl that refers to the album take with a pinch of salt, not because they are lieing, but because things will have changed several times between the email and any new album info coming out.

This I Love may well be on the album it may not I would speculate at not simply because it hasn't been mentioned in any formal way for several years now. When was the last time it was mentioned by anyone but us, 1999-2000?

Again I doubt CITR simply due the fact that they know we've heard it, I see no reason why it wouldn't have been played by now if it's an album song.

At this point in time the most reasoned guess for the CD setlist so far is (in no particular order)

Chinese Democracy
IRS
The Blues
Madagascar
Better
TWAT
Sorry
Prostitute
If the World
Rhiad and the Bedouins (?) possible

I think it's safe to say those 9 will appear on the album with possibly Rhiad, leaving 3 or 4 unknown tracks as of now.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »

I'm curious, am I the only one who doesn't like the songs Chinese Democracy and Madagascar?? They're alright but I'd rather not listen to them more than once.? I think Better, Catcher in the Rye and There was a Time are much better songs.

I feel the same way. I just find those songs relatively boring for some reason.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »

I don't know why exactly people are ssuming there is a song called "if the world". I mean, yeah it's possible but just because it was on a setlist like that doesn't mean that's what the song is called. Most the time, songs on setlists abbreviated, for example they just put crazy for "you're crazy" and with bands liek cheap trick instead of "auf wiedersehen", they just write auffie. So, there's a good chance, it's not gunna just be called "if the world"
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2006, 03:11:47 PM »

I don't know why exactly people are ssuming there is a song called "if the world". I mean, yeah it's possible but just because it was on a setlist like that doesn't mean that's what the song is called. Most the time, songs on setlists abbreviated, for example they just put crazy for "you're crazy" and with bands liek cheap trick instead of "auf wiedersehen", they just write auffie. So, there's a good chance, it's not gunna just be called "if the world"

Maybe not, but it's a track we've never heard unless its Silworms renamed  hihi

As it's all we've got to go on right now we'll have to stick with calling it If the World.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 03:12:37 PM »

So what? It's the only title we have, and that's why we're using it. There's no point in speculating that a song might have another name because you don't like the current one.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »

CD rocks, but I don't listen too it much. I hate listening to livesongs that I haven't heard studioversions of. I agree with Madagascar, beginning to be pretty bored with it. Wouldn't mind having it as a b-side or putting it on a different album. Maybe the studioversion will surprise me though.

Strange to think how praised that song was in 01 and 02.

The song is 6  years old now. Also in 2000 and 2002 it was the best new gnr song in most fans eyes, now TWAT and Better and maybe even CITR are better. So just think, there is bound to be a song better than TWAT which is going to be mind blowiong

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »

I never said I didn't like the name(I don't know where you got that from). I just stated that, it could be something different but who knows.
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2006, 03:22:31 PM »

We can only hope.  I guess the thing is GNR fans are starving for information.  We certainly are the most patient lot but we're getting excited.  I know things have been mentioned before of what will or will not be on the album, but truth be told it's anyone's guess.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »

The song is 6? years old now. Also in 2000 and 2002 it was the best new gnr song in most fans eyes, now TWAT and Better and maybe even CITR are better. So just think, there is bound to be a song better than TWAT which is going to be mind blowiong

Yeah, I've contemplated that myself. I just know Axls got an Estranged and Don't Damn Me up his sleeve. Those two, or one, is what I'm looking forward to the most with CD.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

I never said I didn't like the name(I don't know where you got that from). I just stated that, it could be something different but who knows.

Ok. I just feel the reason for all the speculation around that title is because alot of people don't like it. Maybe it reminds them of My World, I don't know smoking

shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »

i sure hope "checkmate" leaks or comes out when the cd does, some people dont like it, but from the clip ive heard i think it will rock awsomely
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 03:54:58 PM »

First, I don't see ANY reason for This I Love to not be on the album.

This is Axl's last chance for a comeback.

I say it is either on the album, or we will never hear it. There is no good reason to hold it back. This album has to be perfect, you don't hold back your best song after 10 years.

I agree with whoever said that the reason that CITR isn't played is because it wasn't an intentional leak. It's different quality, hasn't been mentioned by anyone except Richard saying it will be on the album.  Pretty sure it stays on the album.

Rhiad will be on the album, or at the very least, a B-side. Otherwise, why rehearse it?

Behold, the evil that men do...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »

I agree with whoever said that the reason that CITR isn't played is because it wasn't an intentional leak. It's different quality, hasn't been mentioned by anyone except Richard saying it will be on the album.? Pretty sure it stays on the album.

Axl said on Eddie Trunk's show back in May that the band was still deciding whether to put CITR on the first album (Chinese Democracy) or the follow-up.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »

I agree with whoever said that the reason that CITR isn't played is because it wasn't an intentional leak. It's different quality, hasn't been mentioned by anyone except Richard saying it will be on the album.  Pretty sure it stays on the album.

Axl said on Eddie Trunk's show back in May that the band was still deciding whether to put CITR on the first album (Chinese Democracy) or the follow-up.

Are you sure? I don't remember Axl discussing the tracklist.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »

I agree with whoever said that the reason that CITR isn't played is because it wasn't an intentional leak. It's different quality, hasn't been mentioned by anyone except Richard saying it will be on the album.? Pretty sure it stays on the album.

I think he's right. If I'm correct they talked a little about the origin of the song etc.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

It came up when they were talking about Brian May being on the album. It wasn't mentioned by name, but they were obviously referring to CITR.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 04:21:43 PM »

i listened to it yesterday, and the mans right, axl said some songs were still undecided if they were gonna end up on CD or the follow up among them were CITR and he also said that the leaked one was an early demo and it was not sure that brian may would end up on the new version
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »

Did richard clearly say that it was slated for the first album or like it might make it?

and I think someone said the title had changed.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 04:31:10 PM »

Did richard clearly say that it was slated for the first album or like it might make it?

and I think someone said the title had changed.

Didn't Richard claim CD was to be released in 05 or something too hihi

I think the members often say things they think will happen, until Axl comes in and changes his mind again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: