Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is GnR DeAd?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is GnR DeAd?  (Read 11160 times)
Rocket_queen125
« on: April 03, 2003, 11:55:21 PM »

Since the end of the chinese democracy tour i havent heard any official word from the gnr crew about the Chinese Democracy CD or the fait of the band.  Are they still alive in Kicking Or is it just all over ?   idk all i have heard is rumors and no facts.   [nervous] could we jsut be imagining that something is going or is something really happening i am really skeptical of this new album but w/e maybe u peeps can shed some light on this. Huh
Crowebar
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 12:39:01 AM »

No, they're not dead. Look for the Richard Fortus info where he says the band is starting back up again in May.

[ok]
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 01:02:36 AM »

Yeah, lets just hope someone didn't make up that Richard Fortus info...it seems like a lot of people are hanging their hat on what he said....I hope he really said it........

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 02:25:30 AM »

On life support til something official...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 03:41:40 AM »

Yeah, lets just hope someone didn't make up that Richard Fortus info...it seems like a lot of people are hanging their hat on what he said....I hope he really said it........

That was true and the only thing I trust so far...

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 06:18:35 AM »

victory or death!

axl wouldn't settle for anything less than victory, it's eighter or! death is death, axl isn't dead!!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 07:16:27 AM »

Is GnR DeAd?

nO, ThEy'rE nOt dEaD  Roll Eyes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 11:24:20 AM »

the first news we heard after the tour cancellation came from Launch.com (yahoo news site I believe).  It said that a source close to the band reported that the band was far from dead, and working on the finishing touches for the album.
Then, Ian, who publishes the Nightrain Fanzine in the UK, received an e-mail from Del James, in which Del responded to an e-mail of his saying to tell the fans that GN'R is in tact and working on the album, which they intend to support with a tour.
I met Ian on the net while doing the welcome back ad, which he supported as well as publishing an article in the fanzine about it.  my point in mentioning this is that I for one personally believe without a doubt that Ian did in fact receive this e-mail.
Then, most recently we have Matt in NYC, who reported what Richard Fortus said to him at Don Hills.  Besides, yes, being a longtime respected member of the DN'B mailing list... I also know Matt - meeting him through the la weekly project, as well as meeting him at the Hard Rock shows and at MSG.  Matt is not making this up.  Besides, he wasn't/isn't the only one who reported the same comments from Richard Fortus at the show.
So thats 3 reliable sources as far as I'm concerned.

I also remember a e-mail from Robin's webmaster which indicated the same.

The fact that K-Rock's posts jive with this doesn't hurt either.  Sometimes I wonder if Del is BigBadBillyRose.  Wink
The 'source' close to the band which Launch quoted and Del's letter to Ian are strikingly similar.
If it is, well, then I think its cool as hell that hes taking an interest in communicating with the fans - apparently recognizing our sincere concerns and appreciating our devotion to GN'R.  (It wouldn't be the first time that I'm aware of that he actually done so.)

And Madison - I'd love to read about your conversation with Axl at MSG.  I looked for it at mygnr forum in the December threads but didn't see it.  I'd also appreciate it if you could share what you know about GN'Rs manager.  Sanctuary Group still lists GN'R among their clients, with Doug being noted as their contact.  I do remember hearing about Doug and Axl taking a break, I don't remember that ever being confirmed.  Could you direct me/us to the news/info, please.  Thank you.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 02:12:19 PM »

the first news we heard after the tour cancellation came from Launch.com (yahoo news site I believe).  It said that a source close to the band reported that the band was far from dead, and working on the finishing touches for the album.
Then, Ian, who publishes the Nightrain Fanzine in the UK, received an e-mail from Del James, in which Del responded to an e-mail of his saying to tell the fans that GN'R is in tact and working on the album, which they intend to support with a tour.
I met Ian on the net while doing the welcome back ad, which he supported as well as publishing an article in the fanzine about it.  my point in mentioning this is that I for one personally believe without a doubt that Ian did in fact receive this e-mail.
Then, most recently we have Matt in NYC, who reported what Richard Fortus said to him at Don Hills.  Besides, yes, being a longtime respected member of the DN'B mailing list... I also know Matt - meeting him through the la weekly project, as well as meeting him at the Hard Rock shows and at MSG.  Matt is not making this up.  Besides, he wasn't/isn't the only one who reported the same comments from Richard Fortus at the show.
So thats 3 reliable sources as far as I'm concerned.

I also remember a e-mail from Robin's webmaster which indicated the same.

The fact that K-Rock's posts jive with this doesn't hurt either.  Sometimes I wonder if Del is BigBadBillyRose.  Wink
The 'source' close to the band which Launch quoted and Del's letter to Ian are strikingly similar.
If it is, well, then I think its cool as hell that hes taking an interest in communicating with the fans - apparently recognizing our sincere concerns and appreciating our devotion to GN'R.  (It wouldn't be the first time that I'm aware of that he actually done so.)

And Madison - I'd love to read about your conversation with Axl at MSG.  I looked for it at mygnr forum in the December threads but didn't see it.  I'd also appreciate it if you could share what you know about GN'Rs manager.  Sanctuary Group still lists GN'R among their clients, with Doug being noted as their contact.  I do remember hearing about Doug and Axl taking a break, I don't remember that ever being confirmed.  Could you direct me/us to the news/info, please.  Thank you.

I think I love you.  Grin

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2003, 02:16:27 PM »

GNR is not dead. Axl wouldn`t let the years of slaving or screwing around (we will see ) be a waste of time.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
2k3intensions
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 02:18:47 PM »

I think everything is fine, they just have to clear up all legal matters and since this would take awhile Axl decided to finish everything that wasn't done yet.  Axl I think proved to himself and his new bandmates that they were indeed excellent and that people still want to listen to GNR despite not having any new material.  We will get no warning then all of a sudden everything will come to light.  Long live AXl!!!!!!!!!!! [peace]
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 02:40:21 PM »

Theyve been working on the finishing touches for 3 years now.  Get into some new music / bands, that arent over the top and think they can do whatever the want.

Over the top being Bon Jovi, and hate to say it but GNR too! Lets face it Guns N' Roses hasnt been relevant since 1993, there time has past they are long gone, the industry has moved on and left them in the past. Well they are going to release CD then they will have some relevance, ya release it when? July? August? September? The band has no relevance today, the industry has gone on. They arent Nirvana which made a huge impact on the industry. They are a 87 - 93 band, and they are running on fumes. Look at Maria Carey , she was working on her album then was dropped from her label, I think GNR will be dropped from Interscope soon if they cant put forth any material this year. They arent U2 they arent consistent and can release good albums that critics and fans like. People arent going to buy tickets to a 45 year old singer Axl Rose when he finally decides to release an album, Itll be like partying with Mommy and Daddy.(and yes I know hes 41) Implying thats how long it will take him, I'd really like to see how a 41 year old guy can get teens interested in his band / music again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 02:46:49 PM by JimmerJammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
cazny
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 02:53:33 PM »

Roll Eyes another mr.knowitall jimmyjammer? go jam yourself  [hihi]
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 02:58:54 PM »

I'm not a know it all I'm just saying it as it is, until there is a new album on the record sales racks or advertising in the store for it ill believe but until then there is no album. I am a huge GNR fan but the antics have taken its toll, Toronto show was amazing, but I have serious doubts about this.

Fuck All Y'all
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 02:59:21 PM »

Let's chill out here, alright?

cazny
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 03:45:54 PM »

Let's get this straight "doubters".

Album in works: approx 5 - 6 years

Tour last year: No promotion / No album MSG and several others old out

Anticipation not greater by any other band/musician in music history

Axl is taking LEGENDARY NAME (top bands of all time) and a completely new lineup!

Ablum cost much and Interscope has FAITH...any other band get his much respect? I don't think so.
Foxy
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 03:48:46 PM »

GNR is not dead. Im sure the CD will be out soon.  [ok]
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 04:12:49 PM »

Theyve been working on the finishing touches for 3 years now.  Get into some new music / bands, that arent over the top and think they can do whatever the want.

Over the top being Bon Jovi, and hate to say it but GNR too! Lets face it Guns N' Roses hasnt been relevant since 1993, there time has past they are long gone, the industry has moved on and left them in the past. Well they are going to release CD then they will have some relevance, ya release it when? July? August? September? The band has no relevance today, the industry has gone on. They arent Nirvana which made a huge impact on the industry. They are a 87 - 93 band, and they are running on fumes. Look at Maria Carey , she was working on her album then was dropped from her label, I think GNR will be dropped from Interscope soon if they cant put forth any material this year. They arent U2 they arent consistent and can release good albums that critics and fans like. People arent going to buy tickets to a 45 year old singer Axl Rose when he finally decides to release an album, Itll be like partying with Mommy and Daddy.(and yes I know hes 41) Implying thats how long it will take him, I'd really like to see how a 41 year old guy can get teens interested in his band / music again.

You're probably right....  [no]
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 04:32:08 PM »

AGAIN is finishing up the THIRD album.
HE and the band have beenworking on 3 albums.
And like i have stated ALOT, if the album is good, then it will sell and it will make gnr huge again.
ITs that simple.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2003, 05:11:34 PM »

And like i have stated ALOT, if the album is good, then it will sell and it will make gnr huge again.
ITs that simple.

No it's not. People don't just buy good albums. Look at NIN's "The Fragile". Excellent reviews, but did people buy it?

It takes more than a great album to sell it. Promotion, promotion, promotion etc etc...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: