Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Target MTV
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Target MTV  (Read 3353 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:32 PM »

Target MTV
Written by Mitch
Saturday, 04 November 2006
www.teamsma.net

We can?t sit idle while Guns N? Roses tours their asses off. It has been brewing for too long on our fan sites. We can?t keep this to ourselves. We have been selfish by not letting the world know how great the new line up is.

I?am not proposing that we go door to door promoting the band. However it is the public opinion that we must change. It is the music scene we must change. We can?t change anything by sitting on our butts. Well, maybe we can.

First of all we must act in unison. Because united we stand, divided we fall. We need an army, much like the Kiss Army. We need to attack crappy music at its roots. We must infest MTV.

MTV would be the most visible way to get our message out. First we need to find away to get inside. The easiest way is through the Internet. Going through the MTV website I noticed that they have message boards. That is the perfect weapon.

We can go on to those forums and change public opinion. Will there be backlash? Yes, at first. However with a myriad of GNR fans those pop culture riders will have to our side as it will appear that their stuff is not hip. Eventually this movement will be brought up on television due to the trickle down affect. MTV would have to market themselves to people in the rock scene again.

The second part is to set up a calling ring to local radio stations that play todays hits and request GNR music everyday. This will cause GNR to get into heavy rotation with the current music. This will make GNR more relevant to the casual listeners.

The next thing is word of mouth. That is the best advertisement anyone can receive. Go tell your friends about how awesome the New GNR experience is. What you are doing is recruiting fans.

For my first proposal, I would like everyone to go to http://www.mtv.com/community/message_boards/boardsdir.jhtml and register. For the next month we will spend the same effort as we put into GNR communities to the MTV message boards. We will need everyones support to make this successful.
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 11:14:44 PM »

or we could let the music do the talking and not care what's on the radio/tv.
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 11:23:15 PM »

or we could let the music do the talking and not care what's on the radio/tv.

We have to be a part of it!!! we need to spread the word!!! thats the purpose of this tour... we must do our part!!!
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

Exactly if the fans dont show ant support for the guns, then wat do u think the public will do.
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:02 PM »

Exactly if the fans dont show ant support for the guns, then wat do u think the public will do.

We need to live up to the word "Fans" or there will be no GNR or Chinese Democracy...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:18 PM »

Is MTV even relevant in the music world anymore?  It's more TV, than M these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:47:54 PM »

Let the music do the talking. MTV is a rap whore these days.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 11:51:02 PM »

Then why not try to make a change. Rap is popular there for a reason. People seem to care about it. We need to do the same for gnr. how hard is this to understand rant
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 11:52:45 PM »

I don't know, I just saw a tv commercial for GNR at the First Mariner Arena in Baltimore.  I think they're promoting.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:31 PM »

Thats why we have fallen into hard times... we don't care...

We make a change!!! All we have to do is raise our voices... GNR will be back at the top!!! Hype them... then demand for music to be restored to MTV!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:54 PM »

Then why not try to make a change. Rap is popular there for a reason. People seem to care about it. We need to do the same for gnr. how hard is this to understand rant
Is rap important? ?I seriously never see any music on MTV. ?It's all shows. ?They play some videos in the morning and parts of videos on TRL in the afternoon, but that's it. ?I don't think MTV is a good outlet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »

Is rap important?  I seriously never see any music on MTV.  It's all shows.  They play some videos in the morning and parts of videos on TRL in the afternoon, but that's it.  I don't think MTV is a good outlet.

Hell we change that too... MTV sets trends... If MTV doesn't say anything... its nothing... We need to build momentum...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 12:05:23 AM »

You can only get access through the door if they're willing to unlock it. MTV is completely un-interested in ANYBODY's videos, let alone GNR's. Right now, if you're not rap or emo-rock, they don't give a fuck.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 12:08:04 AM »

Why not HellHole...you've got my support.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »

You can only get access through the door if they're willing to unlock it. MTV is completely un-interested in ANYBODY's videos, let alone GNR's. Right now, if you're not rap or emo-rock, they don't give a fuck.
Hey I'd love to see music videos back on MTV.  Make it happen

Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 12:09:54 AM »

I think the idea is a noble one.

While MTV and MTV2 rarely, if ever, play music videos any more, MTVJ(Jams) and MTVH(Hits) do...

Being as there are so many MTV's now (there's even this one MTV where I can watch myself watching MTV), people obviously still watch it. ?I'm guessing that a lot of these people are youngsters who may not be real familiar with GNR and could stand to be educated by those of us who do.

But... ?Personally... ?My time online is limited. ?I have to work and sleep and run errands and do chores and spend time with friends... ?And when I am online, I like to play word games and blog and read news outside of these GNR forums... ?Which I signed up for fairly recently mainly to get news about GNR for myself.

I'm sorry if this sounds selfish, but it is truly where I am coming from. ?If I have time (a slow spell at work? ?a sleepless night?), I will try to get over to MTV and post some stuff over there, but I can't promise anything. ?Just got too much other stuff/life goin' on to make a promise to do that.

EDIT: fixing a typo
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 12:14:42 AM by Cleopatra2U » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »

ok, I did my part. Posted 8-10 messages promoting GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:30:01 AM »

What are your usernames there?  I'm AxlRose62.

They took my customary username!  rant
Randy Jesus
VIP

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 12:39:08 AM »

What are your usernames there?  I'm AxlRose62.

They took my customary username!  rant

I am Hellhhole...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 12:39:51 AM »

NO WAY!  Grin

Those people in there are complete idiots...I'm going nuts here.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: