Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:35:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did Eminem ever say anything about Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Eminem ever say anything about Axl?  (Read 5154 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 12:06:22 AM »

In terms of personally and character, yes. NOT musically in any way. =]

How about lyrics? ?Both were accused of misogny and racism... they both wrote fictional songs about killing their girlfriend... they both wrote songs about hating their mother.

If I remember, I think Spin did a magazine comparing the two of them and showed a series of pictures gradually changing Axl Rose to Eminem. ?I also don't know why GN'R fans get so defensive about it... like if someone doesn't "measure" up to Axl, they aren't worth anything. ?Eminem was the most dominant force in the music industry for years, there is no denying that.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure that D12 performances at the MTV Movie Awards (it wasn't the VMA's), was Eminem making fun of Bret Michaels, not Axl Rose.

The gesurisms, the way he acted and portrayed himself, seemed much more like Poison.

No, it was Axl.

Proof? Confirmation?

I saw news stories that said both, and all were speculation. Who was it?

Axl.

The story goes: Eminem was slated to be the big highlight of the '02 VMAs until Axl basically ruined that for him. He made digs at Axl in interviews afterwards and called him different things (I don't have any links, I just remember reading various things at the time).

So he decided to make fun of Axl later on. I'm pretty sure one of the D12 members is dressed as Slash in the video, too.

Oh, and if you look close enough/listen close enough, you'll see the opening Eminem does almost sounds a bit like the dramatic Madagascar bit, which Axl did at the VMAs.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 12:12:32 AM »

Axl.

The story goes: Eminem was slated to be the big highlight of the '02 VMAs until Axl basically ruined that for him. He made digs at Axl in interviews afterwards and called him different things (I don't have any links, I just remember reading various things at the time).

So he decided to make fun of Axl later on. I'm pretty sure one of the D12 members is dressed as Slash in the video, too.

Oh, and if you look close enough/listen close enough, you'll see the opening Eminem does almost sounds a bit like the dramatic Madagascar bit, which Axl did at the VMAs.

The stuff about Axl stealing Eminem's "spotlight" is fiction I think....

The performance started with Eminem singing "My Band" like he was Axl and doing a small snake dance, Bizarre was dressed up as Buckethead.  After the show he said during the credits he is talking to his "band" and says "Guns N' Roses are back together" and "We're gonna rock tonight".  So he is definetaly Axl.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 02:20:42 AM »

Bash him all you want.. He has writing talent. Rap fan or not.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 02:27:00 AM »

He does have talent, which is why it's so unfortunate when he squanders it away on juvenile efforts such as "Rain Man" or "Just Lose It."

"You make my pee-pee go 'da-doing-doing-doing!'" is one of the worst rap lyrics ever.

Like many artists of his ilk, his early stuff is his best. Once he became a millionaire he lost the same thing that made him famous to begin with. Many critics said the same about GN'R, but I think at least they tried to move forward artistically whereas Eminem is just devolving into completely immature stuff. AFD was juvenile in a lot of ways but they moved forward with UYI, whereas Eminem at least started off singing juvenile stuff about serious topics and now he's asking people whether it's gay if you stick your pee-pee in a quarterback's ass by accident before hiking the ball.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 06:29:54 AM »

I'm pretty sure that D12 performances at the MTV Movie Awards (it wasn't the VMA's), was Eminem making fun of Bret Michaels, not Axl Rose.

The gesurisms, the way he acted and portrayed himself, seemed much more like Poison.

No, it was Axl.

Proof? Confirmation?

I saw news stories that said both, and all were speculation. Who was it?

Axl.

All I remember from Eminem in 2002 was him and Moby verbally fighting in the middle of the show.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 08:18:20 AM »

i think they have nothing in common... and i started disliking him when he ruined the "dream on" song  Undecided

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 09:29:08 AM »

i think they have nothing in common... and i started disliking him when he ruined the "dream on" song? Undecided

I always thought 'Sing For The Moment' was pretty good. I've always been an Eminem fan.

I still think my favorite is 'Like Toy Soldiers' with the remix of Martika's 'Toy Soliders'.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 09:39:05 AM »

I think Eminem was once asked about the similarites between the two, and he played it with an admirably straight bat - something along the lines of  "I don't really know about Axl Rose, I'm not going to comment on that."  It was in this site a few months ago.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 10:02:37 AM »

I think Eminem was once asked about the similarites between the two, and he played it with an admirably straight bat - something along the lines of? "I don't really know about Axl Rose, I'm not going to comment on that."? It was in this site a few months ago.

Well, plus people need to realize that Eminem is a rap artist. It's his format. In the late-80's, he was still growing up and idolizing guys like Dr. Dre & Chuck D, whereas all the wannabe rockers were idolizing Axl Rose & Kurt Cobain in that time.

I mean, i'm sure Marshall is aware of Axl & GN'R, but I highly doubt it was really into that scene as a kid.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 11:20:30 AM »

He does have talent, which is why it's so unfortunate when he squanders it away on juvenile efforts such as "Rain Man" or "Just Lose It."

"You make my pee-pee go 'da-doing-doing-doing!'" is one of the worst rap lyrics ever.

Like many artists of his ilk, his early stuff is his best. Once he became a millionaire he lost the same thing that made him famous to begin with. Many critics said the same about GN'R, but I think at least they tried to move forward artistically whereas Eminem is just devolving into completely immature stuff. AFD was juvenile in a lot of ways but they moved forward with UYI, whereas Eminem at least started off singing juvenile stuff about serious topics and now he's asking people whether it's gay if you stick your pee-pee in a quarterback's ass by accident before hiking the ball.

You really should educate yourself as far as Eminem goes. His "early" stuff such as the unsigned mix tapes and his first "real" album pale in comparison to his second and third albums.

The Marshall Mathers LP (2nd album) is hands down the best rap album in the history of the genre, and it's followed very closely by his third album The Eminem Show. True, the forth album is pretty much a waste but seeing as the man had already released the first and second most incredible works of the genre, the wasn't really anywhere else for him to go at the time but down.

On a side note, I did some home theater installation once for Eminem and I had to show him how to use his equipment after I was done. This was about 3 years ago now and I happened to be wearing a GNR shirt under my uniform. I was hot enough doing the work that I had taken off my overshirt by the time we were introduced.

When he shook my hand he looked down and said "Oh, Guns N' Roses. You a big rocker?" and I said "Yeah, well actually I really like a ton of different genres. For instance that (pointing to the platinum plaque for The Marshall Mathers LP) is the best rap album I've ever heard". He just smiled and said "Nah, thanks though and GNR rocks too".

Then things were kinda awkward for a sec. I wasn't sure if I should engage him in further musical discussion so I was just like "OH YEAH... You're stuff!" then I showed him the new equipment.

When I left one of his guards allowed me to take a picture of the platinum plaque with my cell phone and I still have it in there to this day. I've switched phones three times since then and I always make sure they transfer that one pic!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »

close this motherfucker now. this fuck does not deserve to be involved with gn'r at all

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »

eminem is poser,and Axl is realy "crazy" man(just look st.louis incident)

I have never seen so many tree
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 04:00:45 PM »

Actually, I think it was Sir Elton John himself that drew the comparisons between Axl and M&M.? The article has got to be somewhere about that.

Elton John supported GNR's appearance at the 1992 tribute to Freddie Mercury, despite the controversy surrounding certain lyrics in "One in a Million".

Nearly ten years later, Elton John did a duet with Eminem at the Grammys, despite GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) being "appalled that John would share a stage with Eminem, whose words and actions promote hate and violence against gays and lesbians."

Elton John recognized the immense talent possessed by both Axl and Eminem and could separate their lyrics(art) from the artists themselves.

Of course, this was before the whole "you make my pee-pee go 'da-doing-doing-doing" thing, which is not only a disgrace to rap, but to music in general.
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »

what a fucker!!....hahaha...... he thinks that he is on the same level......
eminem can suck my dick!

... he can yes, but now eminem is a huge star ... axl is an old star.

i think eminem is selling more albums than Chinese Democracy will.

Really Eminem is like Axl in the 80s.... different music but same spirit.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 11:37:50 PM »

You really should educate yourself as far as Eminem goes. His "early" stuff such as the unsigned mix tapes and his first "real" album pale in comparison to his second and third albums.

The Marshall Mathers LP (2nd album) is hands down the best rap album in the history of the genre, and it's followed very closely by his third album The Eminem Show. True, the forth album is pretty much a waste but seeing as the man had already released the first and second most incredible works of the genre, the wasn't really anywhere else for him to go at the time but down.

On a side note, I did some home theater installation once for Eminem and I had to show him how to use his equipment after I was done. This was about 3 years ago now and I happened to be wearing a GNR shirt under my uniform. I was hot enough doing the work that I had taken off my overshirt by the time we were introduced.

When he shook my hand he looked down and said "Oh, Guns N' Roses. You a big rocker?" and I said "Yeah, well actually I really like a ton of different genres. For instance that (pointing to the platinum plaque for The Marshall Mathers LP) is the best rap album I've ever heard". He just smiled and said "Nah, thanks though and GNR rocks too".

Then things were kinda awkward for a sec. I wasn't sure if I should engage him in further musical discussion so I was just like "OH YEAH... You're stuff!" then I showed him the new equipment.

When I left one of his guards allowed me to take a picture of the platinum plaque with my cell phone and I still have it in there to this day. I've switched phones three times since then and I always make sure they transfer that one pic!

That's the coolest fuckin' thing ever.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 10:29:46 PM »

There are some excellent moments on Encore, though there are more playful/stupid songs than there should be. But can you deny Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Yellow Brick Road and even When I'm Gone?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »

There are some excellent moments on Encore, though there are more playful/stupid songs than there should be. But can you deny Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Yellow Brick Road and even When I'm Gone?

When I'm Gone is off the "Curtain Call" hits CD, not Encore.... Never Enough, Spend Some Time and Mockingbird are all worthwhile too.  We As Americans & Love You More off the bonus CD are also very good and probably could've replaced useless songs like Big Weenie.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 11:27:53 PM »

Good point. I think When I'm Gone is one of the best songs Em has ever released.
And I agree with you on We As Americans, that should have been on the album instead of some of the crap. I don't really see the point of bonus cds.
For me, the problem with Encore is that there are one too many pointless songs. I think I listened to Puke 2.76 times, neraly threw up myself, and have never listened to it since.

And I guess I can see similaraties between em and Axl, but that's probably because I'm a big fan of both, and I think both are brilliant in their own rights.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2006, 04:59:17 AM »

I think the better question is, what Eminem songs are not good?

'Cause even the lesser ones, have pros.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: