Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did Eminem ever say anything about Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Eminem ever say anything about Axl?  (Read 5161 times)
GeraldFord
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:38:35 PM »

Since a lot of people have said Eminem was the new Axl, I wonder if Eminem ever spoke of that.
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:41:40 PM »

No, I haven't heard anything about Eminem being the new Axl. I don't know on what basis they could make such claims for starters.

Eminem knows better.
No pun intended.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure Eminem dressed up as Axl, kinda poking fun at him during one of his performances at the VMA's or something MTV related.

dont quote me on that but i remember vaguely that he did this.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ben9785
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure Eminem dressed up as Axl, kinda poking fun at him during one of his performances at the VMA's or something MTV related.

Oh yeah that's right, I remember that..on some MTV awards show, D12 or whatever his name is, they did that single his band or whatever the fuck its called and yeah.. thats right. Good call GnFnR87
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:52:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure Eminem dressed up as Axl during one of his performances at the VMA's or something MTV related.

I remember that too. He was with his band D12 and I'm pretty sure it was in 2004. One guy in the group, who happened to be a huge black guy dressed as buckethead and it was pretty funny and someone else in the group was dressed as Angus Young. I remember in the end durring the credits of the show Eminem said something like "Guns N Roses 2004, we're back baby!".
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:55:42 PM »

Eminem performed with Elton John a few years back and people drew comparisons with how Axl did it first.
Ride Her
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:56:27 PM »

what a fucker!!....hahaha...... he thinks that he is on the same level......
eminem can suck my dick!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:58:12 PM »

Eminem knows better.
No pun intended.

Even when no pun is intended, will we have to put up with this forever  confused  Cry
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 11:04:57 PM »

Eminem knows better.
No pun intended.

Even when no pun is intended, will we have to put up with this forever? confused? Cry

Come on, you know better than to ask a question like that. No pun intended. Cool

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 11:07:16 PM »

Actually, I think it was Sir Elton John himself that drew the comparisons between Axl and M&M.  The article has got to be somewhere about that.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ben9785
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:08:05 PM »

Eminem knows better.
No pun intended.

Even when no pun is intended, will we have to put up with this forever  confused  Cry

Sorry, it was inevitable. I just realised the irony of my post and added the pun comment as a joke. Nevermind.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 11:09:18 PM »

Actually I have a demo of one of Eminem's songs where he calls himself "A modern day Axl Rose" and like the man or not, he makes a point. Both caused a lot of conterversey in their prime.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 11:11:18 PM »

what a fucker!!....hahaha...... he thinks that he is on the same level......
eminem can suck my dick!

Just because you don't like Eminem, you can't deny the similarities. Yeah we're not comparing them by their music. More like personality.
ben9785
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »

Actually I have a demo of one of Eminem's songs where he calls himself "A modern day Axl Rose" and like the man or not, he makes a point. Both caused a lot of conterversey in their prime.
In terms of personally and character, yes. NOT musically in any way. =]
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 11:19:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure that D12 performances at the MTV Movie Awards (it wasn't the VMA's), was Eminem making fun of Bret Michaels, not Axl Rose.

The gesurisms, the way he acted and portrayed himself, seemed much more like Poison.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure that D12 performances at the MTV Movie Awards (it wasn't the VMA's), was Eminem making fun of Bret Michaels, not Axl Rose.

The gesurisms, the way he acted and portrayed himself, seemed much more like Poison.

No, it was Axl.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 11:29:55 PM »

No, it was Axl.

Proof? Confirmation?

I saw news stories that said both, and all were speculation. Who was it?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »

eminem was acting like axl, look how hes dressed and the way hes moving, its about axl..then they have buckethead and slash, and then the D12 sign looks a little like AC/DC type shit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0zOlwIhR45Q
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 11:44:50 PM »

As my sister Eeebs pointed out in June 2004 (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=13012.0):

(just to clarify he was impersonating axl...and I saw the performance where he was a demure axl)

MTV to Cut Shot of Eminem Exposing Rear

By ANTHONY BREZNICAN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - Eminem (news - web sites)'s moon has been eclipsed. MTV plans to cut a shot of the rapper exposing his rear end to the audience at the 2004 Movie Awards when the show is broadcast Thursday at 9 p.m. EDT, a network representative confirmed.

Eminem, who performed at the Saturday night taping with his group D12, appeared onstage dressed in a long red wig and jeans in a parody of Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose (news).

He repeatedly groped and flashed a studded codpiece in front of the cameras and the thousands of people in the live audience. Toward the end of the performance, he pulled down his trousers and flashed his bare backside at the audience.

Representatives for MTV, which was slammed for producing Janet Jackson (news)'s Super Bowl halftime performance, immediately said Eminem's act would be sanitized for broadcast, possibly by blurring out his backside. Ultimately, the producers chose to edit out his rear altogether, the network said Monday.

Eminem's representatives did not immediately return a call for comment.

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 12:03:01 AM »

yes and i posted a link to the video too so yeah
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: