Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Two week release notice?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two week release notice?  (Read 10127 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »

December 19th...coincides with their LA appearance...would be a perfect opportunity to make plenty of radio and TV guest appearances.? at this point the most likely...

Excellent reasoning. I like this line of thought. I mean, I'm hoping like HELL we get the album before then, but this is still a good case for that date.

Hell, this *year* is good at this point.   Whichever week between now and year's end is becoming less and less important, but the sooner the better...
Steffi
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »

In my opinion, they gain nothing

Exactly, that's why I think CD won't come out this year either. If everything was going 100%, then we should have a release date. I think were just fooling ourselves here guys. CD just to drop out of nowhere? Wishful thinking (used to stay sane? Cheesy) Naw, the reason we know NOTHING about it being pressed etc, is because it isn't. So, let's hope we get it, but, don't get your hopes up too much!
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 08:04:08 PM »

Since we've already heard the label whine about how much money the album has already cost, and since the public responds better to "the #1 album in America!" commercials than "Coming Soon" ads, this seems like the obvious, cowardly, "best fit" strategy.

I totally agree that "the #1 album in America!" commercial would get more of a response than "coming soon", but in order for it to get to #1 in the first place it does need SOME promotion.  Otherwise there would be a slow response to people buying it in the beginning, followed by more after people realize that it's out there and like the music.  A great single and a few weeks advertising could achieve that, saving the bulk of the money for turning success into a huge success.
ben9785
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »

Hmmm...nobody is hoping for anything. But at the same time, anything is possible by this band. They have many avenues and options to keep this kind of information under wraps. I'm the last person who would have a definite idea how the final stages of album production/release are; this is GNR we're talking about though.. the last band to do anything in a conventional manner, and the last band to, as we've seen, give a shit what we expect or demand, fans or not. As others have reflected, I don't think they care about people's expectations or hype or anticipation or anything like that. We just have to wait and see.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 10:18:42 PM »

Look, heres what I think... GNR name is big enough to sell, this is one of the most anticipated releases of ALL TIME!!

the record companys have already lost $$ making it, so why promote a cd thats gonna sell first week anyway??

why does axl want his cd to come out debut at #1 and then quickly drop off???

hes doing the unconventional, drop the cd and let it slowly climb up the charts until it is #1 when more people find out about it.. its brilliant actually
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:38 PM »

Look, heres what I think... GNR name is big enough to sell, this is one of the most anticipated releases of ALL TIME!!

the record companys have already lost $$ making it, so why promote a cd thats gonna sell first week anyway??

hes doing the unconventional, drop the cd and let it slowly climb up the charts until it is #1 when more people find out about it.. its brilliant actually

Totally plausible. But "brilliant" is taking it a bit far. I don't think there is a strategy right now. Most likely, the record company wants one thing and Axl wants another. Merck's stuck in the middle. Axl's on tour now, so he's not focusing on CD. If he is, that's awesome. But I don't think that's the case.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 11:00:17 PM »

so you dont think it will come out this year?? but it will happen within say the next 6months??
Totally plausible. But "brilliant" is taking it a bit far. I don't think there is a strategy right now. Most likely, the record company wants one thing and Axl wants another. Merck's stuck in the middle. Axl's on tour now, so he's not focusing on CD. If he is, that's awesome. But I don't think that's the case.
ben9785
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »

You've definitely hit another consideration in the post as to whether CD will come out this year..

Axl is doing shows at the moment, so we don't know exactly how much time he spends on business aspects of things especially where there are gigs that are successive days in a row, and he'd need to rest. Unless in that 1-2 week period prior to the tour kickoff they did indeed put 'the final touches on the album', we can hope that its either in the hands of someone other than Axl (management/label etc), or Axl is indeed taking time during the tour to co-ordinate the release of the album in between shows or on a day off or whatever (but if thats the case they better start making progress a bit faster). thats just my speculation (unless theres a extended break in the tour coming up before December)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:13:25 PM by ben114 » Logged
IDGAF
Opening Act

already gone to hell

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 11:20:17 PM »

but this is a pointless post! every week that the fabled album doesn't come out someone says..."i think its going to come out this week and here's the bullshit to prove it"

please, lock this before it gets any more absurd

what we've got here is failure to communicate...
ben9785
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 11:22:03 PM »

but this is a pointless post! every week that the fabled album doesn't come out someone says..."i think its going to come out this week and here's the bullshit to prove it"

please, lock this before it gets any more absurd
Nobody's proving bullshit. It's just ongoing speculation. There's no new information to validate our speculation week to week, and that's all it is.
cobalt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 11:22:18 PM »

Why is that I just can't see this album coming out, ever?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 11:25:50 PM »

because your always negative
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »

It's not coming out this year, they just kept the speculation to propmote the tour. It won't be coming out before March now. Fact.

I for one am starting to lose interest.
madagas
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

Please explain how that is fact. Roll Eyes
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 12:15:31 PM »

What is wrong with us specualting?  Right now...that's all we have.  If you don't want to speculate...then don't read this post.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »

well,gnr don't want to be #1 in first week,they want it after cople months

apetite was number 1 on billboard 1 year after they were realising it

I have never seen so many tree
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 12:23:04 PM »

Democracy in China will never happen.

Chinese Democracy will never happen.

Get it?

Axl's trying to be cute and philosophical and stuff.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »

yeah it's gettin pretty damn close... standard promotion is not possible anymore...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
guns_n_motley
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 12:32:35 PM »

It's not coming out this year, they just kept the speculation to propmote the tour. It won't be coming out before March now. Fact.

I for one am starting to lose interest.

how is this a fact??
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »

Dropping the album out of nowhere would be a huge gamble. ?For the first week, it would be a novelty...BUT if the album doesn't at least crack the top 10, it will be a total joke. ?The media outlets will have a field day with it calling it a total bomb...then the people who didn't buy the album will hear only..."chinese demcracy is a bomb" and think it was because the album sucked and won't buy it.

The album out of nowhere tactic has been tried before...

Remember Limp Bizkit's Undisputable Truth? ?Yeah, neither does anyone else.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: