Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: Merck leaving Sanctuary, Axl going with him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: Merck leaving Sanctuary, Axl going with him  (Read 13039 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 06:32:43 PM »

both. rumour is british english, rumor is american english

American English was invented by Microsoft and as such is not recognised by the Collins English Dictionary as being 'proper'. According to recent estimates there are around 33,000,000,000 errors in the code of current Microsoft software. All but three of those are spelling errors.

The correct spelling of 'rumour' is 'rumour'. Colour also contains a 'u'.

Hahaha....thats gotta be a joke right? So, if Microsoft invented this American English, then why have Americans been spelling those words differently long before MS was a company?

Also.... we are discussing this on a GNR board why?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 06:39:48 PM »

If it is true, Im sure Axl is very protective over the GNR catalog, so I dont think he would just sign it away.  This shouldnt be a problem with releasing CD, but you never knwo with GNR

Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 07:45:46 PM »

people need to figure out that Sanctuary Team has both a mangement arm and a record label arm. You can be part of one without being part of the other.

People need to understand the difference before they post.

This is not to everyone, just to those who are too lazy to do the research! Smiley Smiley

Behold, the evil that men do...
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »

I don't think this will be an issue at all for Guns N' Roses. The CD will still be on track to be out some time this year.  ok

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 04:04:05 AM »

Why do you care so much if Merck leaves Sanctuary if he remains AXL's manager?
I guess we all want the best for AXL and the Group and I don't think that Merck would ever do harm to AXL  Smiley

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2006, 06:41:05 AM »

Just found that...ahahah... this is hilarous hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2006, 07:51:32 AM »

Well, maybe the record was finished (but not mixed/mastered) when he said that. Only Axl and Merck knows.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 08:32:34 AM »

great one nesquick rofl

awesome pic for sure.... he said that in february 2005 right?... well... plans change sometimes..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 09:01:26 AM »

As far as Merck goes, Axl appears to be a full time job for him, and he needs to keep his focus on Axl and the new record.
A year ago in this Billboard interview, there was rumblings about Sanctuary being sold and Merck going elsewhere.? And according to this, Axl isn't the only high-profile client that's extremely happy with working with Merck.? ok

I doubt people remember when I posted about this a long time ago, but I actually interviewed with Sanctuary for one of their regional offices on the record label side of things.  I was not interested in working with after the interview to be honest, but they were asking me questions about my interests in the entertainment industry blah blah blah, and so I brought up Merck.  Now keep in mind I was interviewing for a finance position in Sanctuary.  When I brought him up both people interviewing me looked at each other and kind of rolled their eyes.  They told me that he was a 'tough' person to work with.  The artists love him (which is obvious) but people in finance and on the business end of things in general find it extremely frustrating to work with him.  They did not elaborate, but I think he is one of those "I am all about the art" people... not that its a bad thing, but Sanctuary is still a business with a bottom line and I think he always ignored that. 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »

I just saw this article on billboard but i'm not a member. can anyone else get this one?

http://www.billboard.biz/bb/biz/newsroom/business_finance/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003120043

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2006, 07:39:46 PM »

so whats going on with this rumor, or is it nothing more then that?

Chief
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »

well it was written about on billboard, so i think its more than a rumor.

i wish i could see the article though (but you have to be a member to do that).

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »

As far as Merck goes, Axl appears to be a full time job for him, and he needs to keep his focus on Axl and the new record.
A year ago in this Billboard interview, there was rumblings about Sanctuary being sold and Merck going elsewhere.? And according to this, Axl isn't the only high-profile client that's extremely happy with working with Merck.? ok

I doubt people remember when I posted about this a long time ago, but I actually interviewed with Sanctuary for one of their regional offices on the record label side of things.? I was not interested in working with after the interview to be honest, but they were asking me questions about my interests in the entertainment industry blah blah blah, and so I brought up Merck.? Now keep in mind I was interviewing for a finance position in Sanctuary.? When I brought him up both people interviewing me looked at each other and kind of rolled their eyes.? They told me that he was a 'tough' person to work with.? The artists love him (which is obvious) but people in finance and on the business end of things in general find it extremely frustrating to work with him.? They did not elaborate, but I think he is one of those "I am all about the art" people... not that its a bad thing, but Sanctuary is still a business with a bottom line and I think he always ignored that.?

He works for the artists and its his #1 job to make them happy

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »

I doubt people remember when I posted about this a long time ago, but I actually interviewed with Sanctuary for one of their regional offices on the record label side of things.? I was not interested in working with after the interview to be honest, but they were asking me questions about my interests in the entertainment industry blah blah blah, and so I brought up Merck.? Now keep in mind I was interviewing for a finance position in Sanctuary.? When I brought him up both people interviewing me looked at each other and kind of rolled their eyes.? They told me that he was a 'tough' person to work with.? The artists love him (which is obvious) but people in finance and on the business end of things in general find it extremely frustrating to work with him.? They did not elaborate, but I think he is one of those "I am all about the art" people... not that its a bad thing, but Sanctuary is still a business with a bottom line and I think he always ignored that.?
It's possible that the interviewers reacted that way because they thought you were name-dropping.? Most companies frown on that (unless you're carrying a reference letter from the person whose name you're dropping) so they'll bad mouth the person just to let you know that doing that doesn't fly with them.? Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 10:49:03 PM »

I just saw this article on billboard but i'm not a member. can anyone else get this one?

http://www.billboard.biz/bb/biz/newsroom/business_finance/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003120043
I picked up the hard copy? ok

? ? ? ? ?
MERCK MERCURIADIS, left, with AXL ROSE
at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards.
Sources say Mercuriadis will continute to manage Rose.

Photo credit:? Kevin Mazur/wireimage.com

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2006, 01:34:41 AM »

Great news  Undecided Huh

So CD's coming... later?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2006, 06:49:12 AM »

Hopefully Merck sticks with GnR after he leaves Sanctuary (if it's true)

While I've even dug into him myself, we've all gotta agree that out of all the people working with Axl closely in the last 10 years, he's accomplished the most.

Merck, leave the label if you've gotta, but for the love of Dog, keep working with the band. Otherwise, us fans will be stuck with a dumbass band manager that knows how to make money, but wouldn't know a gunners tune from his ex-wife's asshole.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »

both. rumour is british english, rumor is american english

American English was invented by Microsoft and as such is not recognised by the Collins English Dictionary as being 'proper'. According to recent estimates there are around 33,000,000,000 errors in the code of current Microsoft software. All but three of those are spelling errors.

The correct spelling of 'rumour' is 'rumour'. Colour also contains a 'u'.

With this I assume you haven?t studied history...
I don?t know whether you?re a native english speaker or not but you should know the American English wasn?t invented by Microsoft unless the first european colonists had a personal computer in the XVth Century... Tongue

There are several differences between British English and American English dude, differences in pronounciation and spelling.

British Eng: Rumour, colour
Am Eng: Rumor,color....etc.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »

While I've even dug into him myself, we've all gotta agree that out of all the people working with Axl closely in the last 10 years, he's accomplished the most. 

Huh? What has Merck accomplished?  Niven saw them through LLAS, AFD and Lies, Goldstein got UYI out and put together the three-year tour to back it up.  He dealt with the Adler fiasco, issued TSI and put almost all the members of the current band together, and probably the producers of record for CD.  He handled the soundtrack release for OMG.  He also did RIR, the Vegas shows and the overseas tour. 

If I recall, Merck took over and in short order the US tour imploded, Buckethead left and Geffen/Interscope pulled the plug.   He got Ron Thal (who he initially rejected) and managed to complete a brief tour of Europe.  Nobody's heard a legitimately-released note under Merck's watch.   I'm not blaming Merck, but that statement is laughable!
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2006, 07:18:46 AM »

If Merk and GNR are leaving then the delay in the album makes sense now to me. IF they are leaving then they have probly fucked around and delayed everything just so they could go to another company. Then again this could just be bullshit.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: