Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: Merck leaving Sanctuary, Axl going with him
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: Merck leaving Sanctuary, Axl going with him  (Read 13065 times)
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:30 AM »

#1 I don't think if it really happens that it's an issue

Just curious:

My question is - didn't Axl sign over his rights to the GNR catalog for 9-10 years to Sanctuary.? If he leaves I wonder how that effects that contract?

Axl was paid a lot of money (by Sanctuary) by signing over his publishing rights to the entire GnR' catalogue. He still get's royalties from the songs, he just doesn't have creative control on where the songs are used. However, Axl probably has stipulations on his publishing contract.

As far as Merck goes, Axl appears to be a full time job for him, and he needs to keep his focus on Axl and the new record.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »

does this spell more delays for CD (fucking hope not)

...will this affect the Gn'R tour?
jonthehellraiser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »

who knows?? but its kinda looking like the CD is really on its way...like axl and co. are putting "their collective ducks in a row".....
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »

Breaking from haiku here.? Sorry.

My take on this is purely speculative, and a helluva long shot, but not negative!? IF tour dates are all booked, then the promoters take over...no need for Sanctuary.? IF the album is in Interscope's hands, then they take over promotion...no need for Sanctuary.
Maybe they're set for a big push, and Merck wants to work exclusively with Guns...put all his energy behind it...without the pressure of heading up Sanctuary at the same time.

Anyway, all speculation, and still no proof the rumor is true, so who knows?? I can't see it affecting album release.? The publishing rights are a question, but, again, shouldn't cause delays.

Bottom line? Relax.
This may not be a bad thing.
I believe we're close.

Splash

/Mike

Sensible words mike - am inclined to agree with you.  ok
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 12:16:32 PM »

Just a question...

Will this delay CD... Huh

It sounds more like this is part of the legal mumbo-jumbo that has been delaying the release (for the last couple months, NOT years). I'm sure contracts were being bought out, $$ amounts were being agreed upon, and percentages nailed down.. I think it's getting closer.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 12:20:04 PM »

why so short before the album release? why not earlier?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jonthehellraiser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 12:22:50 PM »

you mention contract by outs.....i wonder...and i may be an idiot...but still tahts beside the point lol...if anyone in the band is under contract with some other company...whether it be a label..or management that has maybe hindered the release??
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »

why so short before the album release? why not earlier?

Maybe it was in the works for a while.

Or maybe it'll wind up being one of those snags that get in the way of Axl's plans.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 12:27:58 PM »

It may be a good thing... Smiley

After all, GN'R can't be as bad managed as they were under Sanctuary. We all know GN'R isn't promoted/marketed the best they could be. Maybe with things getting bigger in the near future they want a better Management team around the band. I guess if they left it's because they weren't satisfied by Sanctuary. Maybe they didn't feel enough support from sanctuary and they decided to move on and leave... who knows?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:30:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

Axl will be a huge loss for Sanctuary... good thing they just signed Sebastian Bach.

Seriously, I'm shocked that Axl would be free to walk away from his management contract just like that. ?My understanding is that management companies are paid mainly by getting a percentage of artist revenues (from tours, records, etc.). ?So Axl quits on the eve of the US tour and the record release and after all these years Sanctuary doesn't get its big payoff?

jonthehellraiser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »

is axl signed exclusively to sancuary or to merck?? im foggy on the details...but didnt axl sign with merck and then merck went to sanctuary? correct me if im wrong..please!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....  how many times does this have to be said (do we need a splash screen stating this each time you log onto HTGTH???)

READ THE FUCKING THREAD:

He left Sanctuary to go to interscope which is the label that is going to release CD. That is the best bet.

Who?

Sanctuary and Merck manage Axl. Geffen and Interscope are record companies.

As far as I know, Interscope isn't managing artists.

/jarmo

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 12:40:47 PM »

I think its more along the lines of Sanctuary not being happy with Merck, and Axl not wanting to continue with management outside of Merck. Axl seems to like to keep the loyal people around him for a long time. At the same time, with the amount of debt their under, rumors of the group being sold, and everything else going on it could be that they haven't felt they have got a return on their investment and would just like to bail before they lose anymore money on GN'R. My reasons are as good as anybody elses, everyone's is really, cuz its all speculation anyway. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:05 PM »

Sanctuary has been going downhill for months...why wouldn't he leave?

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

blabbermouth is shitty source

best post in this thread ok
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

If it's true, it actually makes sense.
Sanctuary's main selling point is its independance, if it's really going to be sold this time I'd expect to see a lot more of their artists leaving.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 01:37:43 PM »

Hmmmmm this is strange, im not really sure what to make of it! All the problems with Sanctuary stem from the record label side of the company, not the management side! Maybe Mercks side are starting to feel the impact of the companys problems, hence this story!

Jonx
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »

Merck is going to work for Irving Azoff, who has close ties with Kalodner/Geffen/Interscope.  He currently is managing the Pumpkins (come-back) X-tina Aguilera, J. Timberlake, and The Eagles.  It's a good move.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2006, 01:44:30 PM »

kinda OT but it would have been dumb to start a new thread about my question.. so how do you spell rumor?

is it rumor or rumour?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »

kinda OT but it would have been dumb to start a new thread about my question.. so how do you spell rumor?

is it rumor or rumour?

No, this is not a rumour.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: