Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Jacksonville Update thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jacksonville Update thread  (Read 13328 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2006, 01:49:40 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Robin Solo
Sweet Child......
Knocking On Heavens Door
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Piano Solo
The Blues
Richard Fortus Solo
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain
Bumblefoot Solo
My Michelle
Patience
Nightrain
Encore:
Paradise City

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2006, 01:54:48 AM »

Thank you Kujo! beer beer

Must have been some kind of time cap in that arena this eve, that setlist was pretty short!
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2006, 01:59:14 AM »

You've got to be kidding me. Huh?

This is why I'm not going to waste my money on a show. ?What's the point when I can stay at home and spin AFD over and over.

Cry
only two words for you "fuck you"

LOL!

That wasn't very nice.
WTTJ
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2006, 01:59:27 AM »

im sure most of the casual GNR fans that bought a ticket had a good time hopefully we get some great reviews.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2006, 02:00:27 AM »

only 2 new songs tonight. they usaully do atleast 4
Zeta
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2006, 02:00:55 AM »

Thanks Kujo. ok
I was hoping to see some new music played on this show but well... I guess I'll have to wait...
As of the setlist, it was pretty standard, the same they've been playing so far, no options, no nothing, they even played just one song on the encores... that shows that maybe they weren't inspired or something...
I don't know, it's just my opinion.
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2006, 02:01:32 AM »

im sure most of the casual GNR fans that bought a ticket had a good time hopefully we get some great reviews.
Here's to that! peace

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
BassLikeHot
Banned
Opening Act

U - Think - U - But - U

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2006, 02:02:22 AM »

I like new sound + .FLAC/.mp3 . ?Smiley

RELEASE the PHYSICAL ! Want Axl Rose Party debut ! ?Shocked
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2006, 02:03:39 AM »

I like new sound + .FLAC/.mp3 . ?Smiley

RELEASE the PHYSICAL ! Want Axl Rose Party debut ! ?Shocked

WTF are you spamming the board with nonsense for.  Make sense or GTFO.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2006, 02:04:15 AM »

Well... Jacksonville is a nice town and all... but probably not where Axl was going to unveil some of his newest masterpieces for the first time.

My money is on MSG and the Meadowlands being the place where the band breaks out some of the "New Big Guns".

Otherwise, just grateful that tonight's show came off without a hitch. I'm sure the fans had a blast. peace

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2006, 02:05:15 AM »

How many Tuesdays are left now?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2006, 02:22:54 AM »

I hope Jarmo is off having a nice night's sleep and then wakes up refreshed and then bans half of you in this thread.
 Grin
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2006, 02:24:38 AM »

Wouldn't be surprising.  Grin
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2006, 02:34:39 AM »

First, thanks Kujo. However, I think these live updates are kinda pointless at this point. Maybe for big shows like MSG or whatnot, but every show... people should just watch and enjoy, send a setlist later.

Supposedly Baz said the crowd was shit and walked offstage. Maybe it was a dead crowd and thus the short set? I dunno. I can honestly say I'd be disappointed by having so few new songs, since I saw basically that setlist minus Better and plus Madagascar and Chinese Democracy and Rocket Queen in 2002. I'm not going to gripe too much though. I've got tickets for two shows and I'm hoping by then some of those alternates like Prostitue (sic) Wink are being played.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2006, 02:45:46 AM »

I think these live updates are kinda pointless at this point.
I agree. Not that the updates are pointless(anything can happen in the world of GNR), but this constant bitching during and after the show have pretty much ruined these updates with there monotonous bullshit. You have to dig through a pile of shit just to see whats happening at the show.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2006, 03:29:59 AM »

When a band , performers put on a killer show that mezmorises, and after the fact you walk out of that performance feeling blown away, you tend to forget what you expected, caue you were drawn in and had a blast.

Im sure all that were at the show had a fucking blast!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2006, 04:38:07 AM »

any review of the show???

I have never seen so many tree
ZSmasher
Opening Act

Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way.

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2006, 04:43:12 AM »

Here's mine....It likely wont be as detailed as many would prefer:

Just making it to the stage before Halloween came to a close, Guns n Roses provided many treats to those in attendance.

Axl Rose appearing on stage in horns (possibly to acknowledge his persona) was enough to keep fans in the spirit even past the stroke of midnight.

That sight alone, made the cheesy Wal-Mart bought inflatable d?cor thrown together forgivable. The man himself felt it was necessary to announce during the show that he was not responsible for picking it out.

The technical and theatrical competence demonstrated on stage proved that this incarnation of GNR is as deserving as those previously accepted. And was it just me, or were their hints of Lynyrd Skynyrd's ?Free Bird? thrown into the piano solo?

The Gunners played a solid two hour set. All the standards were represented with a couple of new songs mixed in to justify the ?Chinese Democracy Tour? label and merchandise being sold.

Some may say that attendance was disappointing. The upper level was closed off and people were relocated to fill in the lower sections. But when considering what the rescheduling put people up against, I think those that could show up did in a big way.

The show went off with out a hitch and there were no tricks to be played?unless you count the way many might feel when they get up in the morning and try to go about their daily routines.

AD
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 04:57:24 AM by ZSmasher » Logged
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »

Here's mine....I likely wont be as detailed as many would prefer:

Just making it to the stage before Halloween came to a close, Guns n Roses provided many treats to those in attendance.

Axl Rose appearing on stage in horns (possibly to acknowledge his persona) was enough to keep fans in the spirit even past the stroke of midnight.

That sight alone, made the cheesy Wal-Mart bought inflatable d?cor thrown together forgivable. The man himself felt it was necessary to announce during the show that he was not responsible for picking it out.

The technical and theatrical competence demonstrated on stage proved that this incarnation of GNR is as deserving as those previously accepted. And was it just me, or were their hints of Lynyrd Skynyrd's ?Free Bird? thrown into the piano solo?

The Gunners played a solid two hour set. All the standards were represented with a couple of new songs mixed in to justify the ?Chinese Democracy Tour? label and merchandise being sold.

Some may say that attendance was disappointing. The upper level was closed off and people were relocated to fill in the lower sections. But when considering what the rescheduling put people up against, I think those that could show up did in a big way.

The show went off with out a hitch and there were no tricks to be played?unless you count the way many might feel when they get up in the morning and try to go about their daily routines.

AD

thank you very much,can you tell how many people were in arena?

I have never seen so many tree
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2006, 04:48:25 AM »

Here's mine....I likely wont be as detailed as many would prefer:

AD

Good review, glad you had a good time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: