Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:05:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73138 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »

Ah man this is gone way far enough! I am not suprised for a single minute that Axl has had a good fucking moan! For fucks sake, they are out there playing and they are playing some seriously good shows! If he or someone connected with the band reads websites message boards well I dont blame him one bit for being pissed. I may be wrong but I wouldnt mind betting that half the people moaning are little pricks who have never seen the band or if they have only on the recent tour or 02. Why if the setlists are good enough for me who has seen the band many times since the early nineties or many others who use these boards. Why is not good enough for you whinging little disrespetful pricks? This is one of the greatest band of the last 20 years and they are on the verge of a fucking huge comeback. I bet the last thing that Axl, the rest of the band and the management need is to read some of the most childish, pathetic and rude comments and discussions that have been going on here very recently! It gets me very angry and I am nothing to do with the band so I cant imagine how it would affect the band! We are on the verge of getting what we have been waiting for, for so long now and it seems that it is people who have only been fans of the band for two fucking minutes and more mature fans who seem to have lost the faith that still cant help but whine like fuck and do it sat in front of a computer screen because they think it makes them tough that they can abuse Axl and the band. I can imagine what some of you would be like if you saw them face to face. Two faced fuckers thats what you would be like 'oh axl your great man, i love the new tunes and the new band'. I hope you feel bad when the album drops and then you have to eat your fucking words. At least I will be able to say that I have always believed in the band and have not moaned for one minute about things. And I know that the majority of people who use this board or other ones are the same, but to the minority, you are a fucking disgrace and I cant believe you can call yourselves GnR fans. Mike
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:27:22 AM by 33 » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2006, 11:30:08 AM »

Still some believe axl and the band members can't have their say.

BTW, I saw at some other boards that it was some guy in Idaho and not in Ireland. Madagascar was played that nite and cd wasn't.  in the other thread a reviewer says axl aimed those comments at the critics and the media and not at the fans in the forums. What info is more accurate? Huh
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2006, 12:05:43 PM »

It's possible the setlist doesn't change because the band doesn't know how to play any other GNR songs. They've supposedly spent the past 7 years trying to put album out. Why would they take time away from that to practice old songs?
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »

It's possible the setlist doesn't change because the band doesn't know how to play any other GNR songs. They've supposedly spent the past 7 years trying to put album out. Why would they take time away from that to practice old songs?

These guys are professional musicians.  It's not like Duff was laying down Flea-esque base lines.  If Fink can pull off some of Slash's old solos, then they should have no problem learning a few UYI tracks (if they wanted to)...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

Surprised he did this. The only bitching is not coming from people at their computers, there's been posts from people who went to the shows, loved them, but maybe wanted some of the Appetite songs like Out to Get me or My Michelle replaced with Breakdown or Dust & Bones or something. I don't think that's a lot to hope for and I don't think it's anything to get pissed off about. If he's really reading this board he can obviously sense that the new stuff is held in very high regard and it was the man himself who was quoted as saying he liked Appetite but just wanted to " bury " it - and that was almost 20 years ago - I think a lot of people feel the same way now. peace
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2006, 12:23:22 PM »

First people bitch when there is no music, then they bitch when it is not the "right" music.
It is perfectly reasonable (and common) to play 3-4 new songs from an upcoming album (or more likely, already released).
The problem is not the lack of new songs from CD, but rather that GNR never had that many albums in the past  to draw from.
Would I like to see a new set list every night? of course, but that is not likely when you have 3.5 albums to draw from. I say it is better to have GNR out and touring than not, even with an "old" setlist.
anythinggoes
« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2006, 12:57:21 PM »

Ah man this is gone way far enough! I am not suprised for a single minute that Axl has had a good fucking moan! For fucks sake, they are out there playing and they are playing some seriously good shows! If he or someone connected with the band reads websites message boards well I dont blame him one bit for being pissed. I may be wrong but I wouldnt mind betting that half the people moaning are little pricks who have never seen the band or if they have only on the recent tour or 02. Why if the setlists are good enough for me who has seen the band many times since the early nineties or many others who use these boards. Why is not good enough for you whinging little disrespetful pricks? This is one of the greatest band of the last 20 years and they are on the verge of a fucking huge comeback. I bet the last thing that Axl, the rest of the band and the management need is to read some of the most childish, pathetic and rude comments and discussions that have been going on here very recently! It gets me very angry and I am nothing to do with the band so I cant imagine how it would affect the band! We are on the verge of getting what we have been waiting for, for so long now and it seems that it is people who have only been fans of the band for two fucking minutes and more mature fans who seem to have lost the faith that still cant help but whine like fuck and do it sat in front of a computer screen because they think it makes them tough that they can abuse Axl and the band. I can imagine what some of you would be like if you saw them face to face. Two faced fuckers thats what you would be like 'oh axl your great man, i love the new tunes and the new band'. I hope you feel bad when the album drops and then you have to eat your fucking words. At least I will be able to say that I have always believed in the band and have not moaned for one minute about things. And I know that the majority of people who use this board or other ones are the same, but to the minority, you are a fucking disgrace and I cant believe you can call yourselves GnR fans. Mike

Good post I back you on that

I may be wrong but I wouldnt mind betting that half the people moaning are little pricks who have never seen the band or if they have only on the recent tour or 02.

But there are some of us hardcores that were just a lil too young to get to the late 90's shows we cant be all over 30 and past it  rofl

peace
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2006, 01:03:25 PM »

The height of GNR's performing abilities was in mid-1991, when they would play 3-4 hours & 30 songs...

MNW

You're talking about one show in particular. Do you honestly think that one show in California in 91 was the height of their abilities??

There was never another show that was close to 3-4 hours or 30 songs.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2006, 01:19:05 PM »

The height of GNR's performing abilities was in mid-1991, when they would play 3-4 hours & 30 songs...

MNW

You're talking about one show in particular. Do you honestly think that one show in California in 91 was the height of their abilities??

Yeah. Personally I think the top was 1992, when they were so 'BIG' & 'EPIC' during their shows, like a modern-Stones. Real arena-style.

I think that was the peak as far as that goes.

2002 & 2006, is a different kind of a Guns. A more modern-Guns for the 21st century. The stuff that was cool back in 1991-92, just ain't gonna fly anymore.

You know how ridiculous it'd be for him to come out in a kilt now?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »

I wonder if there will be a rant about the rant...tonight? hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »

... I wouldnt mind betting that half the people moaning are little pricks who have never seen the band or if they have only on the recent tour or 02.

I saw them once only, back in 1992, they don't come to my country frequently and I have been a fan since 1989.

Why is not good enough for you whinging little disrespetful pricks?

Well, I respect Axl, I respect the band and I respect you, but obviously you can't respect who thinks different from you.

I hope you feel bad when the album drops and then you have to eat your fucking words. At least I will be able to say that I have always believed in the band and have not moaned for one minute about things. And I know that the majority of people who use this board or other ones are the same, but to the minority, you are a fucking disgrace and I cant believe you can call yourselves GnR fans. Mike

Well I haven't say anything about the album itself so, why should I eat my words when the album drops? some people like me have been sayin' that GNR should play some more from their previous catalogue, that's all.

I have been supportive with the new line up, I am a fan, I am waiting for CD to come out just like you, I'll be the first in line to get a copy, I'm sure it will rock.... I feel frustrated when time pass and nothing happen, but I still believe... I am a supporter, but I am not ass kisser.

I think the fucking disgrace of this board are the people who can't respect other's oppinion and want to impose theirs.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:54:18 PM by jk75 » Logged

//JK
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2006, 02:01:11 PM »

I don't mind the same set list.  They are all good songs.  The concerts aren't made for people that see them 7 times a year.  On the flip side, would I like to hear Estranged?  Would I like to hear Coma?  Would I like to hear Nice Boys?  Sure I would.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to hear a wider variety of GNR songs.  I doubt very seriously these songs have ever been practiced by the new band.  We may never hear songs like Dead Horse live ever again.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2006, 02:04:10 PM »

The height of GNR's performing abilities was in mid-1991, when they would play 3-4 hours & 30 songs & performed them in various setlists & with intense emotions (particularly from Axl Rose). THere have been great shows since, though it would be nice for some more "spontenaity" & for GNR to throw on a couple of songs here & there to refresh fans' memories & bring out more new material.

GNR can do what they want, & the fans are entitled to their opinions. Great to see Axl rant about it - shows that he's still pissed off & articulate, but I disagree with the rant, & would prefer a more varied setlist.

MNW

A pretty fair post

//JK
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2006, 02:06:19 PM »

...We may never hear songs like Dead Horse live ever again.

sad but truth.  Roll Eyes

//JK
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »

I dont really understand the complaining about setlists. ?This is the first real tour in years. A lot people going to the shows havent seen GnR live. And most of the ones who have, dont have previous setlists memorized anyway. And why not keep the same setlist throughout the tour? ?What difference does it make to people in Los Angeles what they played in New York? If they do change it up, then you will complain about how you would have preferred the "name city here" set list to the one they saw. ?As long as SCOM, WttJ, and certain others are played, most fans will go home happy. ?Now, if GnR toured about every other year or so, and had the same setlist for years, thats different. ?But this is the first tour back. There will always be songs that you wish that they played. ?This is true with every concert. Metallica doesnt play "Fade to Black" sometimes, which really gets me, but thats the nature of concerts. I go to see GnR hoping to hear Rocket Queen, not expecting to hear it. ?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »

... I wouldnt mind betting that half the people moaning are little pricks who have never seen the band or if they have only on the recent tour or 02.

I saw them once only, back in 1992, they don't come to my country frequently and I have been a fan since 1989.

Well, I respect Axl, I respect the band and I respect you, but obviously you can't respect who thinks different from you.

I hope you feel bad when the album drops and then you have to eat your fucking words. At least I will be able to say that I have always believed in the band and have not moaned for one minute about things. And I know that the majority of people who use this board or other ones are the same, but to the minority, you are a fucking disgrace and I cant believe you can call yourselves GnR fans. Mike

Well I haven't say anything about the album itself so, why should I eat my words when the album drops? some people like me have been sayin' that GNR should play some more from their previous catalogue, that's all.

I have been supportive with the new line up, I am a fan, I am waiting for CD to come out just like you, I'll be the first in line to get a copy, I'm sure it will rock.... I feel frustrated when time pass and nothing happen, but I still believe... I am a supporter, but I am not ass kisser.

I think the fucking disgrace of this board are the people who can't respect other's oppinion and want to impose theirs.

Mate I respect your post and I like a lot of the stuff you said. I am not saying that you are one of the people I was aiming my little rant at! Those kind of people know who they are. I always respect other peoples opinions and I do not try and impose mine onto others. I just cant abide the kind of whinging aimed at Axl and the band when they play some mindblowing shows. They got moaned at when there were no shows at all and they still get moaned at when they are playing! For me personally I would love to see Estranged, Coma, Dont Cry in the sets  but I respect that the band play what they play for a reason. But there has been nothing but endless moaning about the sets they do play! So I am sorry if I offended mate, I am sure there are many other people like you who are true fans and my comments were not aimed at you or them. Like I said earlier the people who it was aimed at, they know who they are! Mike

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

MNW

It's the usual "it was better back then" syndrome.

They played a few long shows on the UYI tour and immediately he makes it seem like it was the norm....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
//JK75
VIP

« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:47 PM »

Mate I respect your post and I like a lot of the stuff you said. I am not saying that you are one of the people I was aiming my little rant at! Those kind of people know who they are. I always respect other peoples opinions and I do not try and impose mine onto others. I just cant abide the kind of whinging aimed at Axl and the band when they play some mindblowing shows. They got moaned at when there were no shows at all and they still get moaned at when they are playing! For me personally I would love to see Estranged, Coma, Dont Cry in the sets? but I respect that the band play what they play for a reason. But there has been nothing but endless moaning about the sets they do play! So I am sorry if I offended mate, I am sure there are many other people like you who are true fans and my comments were not aimed at you or them. Like I said earlier the people who it was aimed at, they know who they are! Mike

I felt affected by your post because I was one of those people who has been askin' for the setlist to be refresh.
I just feel that some people here is disrespecting others for thinkin' different and that's wrong... ?this is a community for discuss, respect must be the main goal for all of us here.

Everything is cool, thanks for takin' the time to clarify
ok

//JK
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2006, 03:04:39 PM »

A wee bit off topic, but I really hope the new GN'R release the re-recorded AFD! I love this new band, and having those songs would just be dope!

a.
anythinggoes
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2006, 03:06:37 PM »

A wee bit off topic, but I really hope the new GN'R release the re-recorded AFD! I love this new band, and having those songs would just be dope!

a.

a wee bit of topic  rofl

the only part of it that is on topic is that its related to GN'R  peace
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: