Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73172 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »

Axl-Is talking to the people who don't even bother to go to shows yet ramble on the internet that he is playing a similar setlist (mind you to a different audience) every night.

I did this little comparison a few weeks ago. I checked if the people complaining we're actually listed as going to any of the uopcoming shows and I don't think I found any of them listed. I only checked a few, but still...

/jarmo

I don't know. My impression is most of them have seen shows. Maybe you need to check past tours as well, including 2001 and 2002. Maybe not all of them add their names to the list of people going to shows.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2006, 06:03:24 PM »

Does no one here even realize the irony of this thread?HuhHuh

Axl-Is talking to the people who don't even bother to go to shows yet ramble on the internet that he is playing a similar setlist (mind you to a different audience) every night.

Somehow this has turned into Axl hates Irish people, Axl hates his fans, Axl hates internet users and whatnot.

The internet is like a game of telephone in my opinion. ?Those as old as me will remember this game. ?You have a group of people and you tell the next person a piece of info and as it goes down the line by the time the last guy hears the info it is something totally different than what it started as. ?

The sad part is that about 99% of the people who do complain about the setlist have seen at least one show of this new band. Make a poll and you'll find out for yourself. I bet at least 50% of them have seen 5+ shows.

You can take ANY band and have the same complaint. ?If you are going to see multiple shows of the same tour why would you expect to hear something extremely different every night.

After all is said and done I will see 6 shows this year. ? Should Axl personally accomodate me if I see shows that are scheduled close together because I have already seen this set?

Should he personally say what I want him to say because I typed it in an online forum?

Should I feel let down personally when he doesn't accomodate my personal wishes?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »

I did this little comparison a few weeks ago. I checked if the people complaining we're actually listed as going to any of the uopcoming shows and I don't think I found any of them listed. I only checked a few, but still...

/jarmo

Exactly, once you've seen a show and see how great the band is you don't care about the setlist as much, it all just fits nicely into place.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

bottom line is let axl decide the set of the show..hes the genius hes the one who has to use his voice for 2 n half hours not us...so some people might aswell appreiciate the set list..if they dont they can fuck offff. at least hes playing the shows so far..
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2006, 06:13:03 PM »

Fuck....you people get offended over nothing.  Axl complained...BIG DEAL!  It's not the end of the world.  If you're buying tickets to see the shows, you at least have some idea of what the setlist is going to be.  I'll be seeing 3 shows in 4 days...yeah, I've spent a lot of money, but I'm going there to see my main man in action, and he could make sounds with his armpits for all I care.  What do you guys prefer, talking about his drapes?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2006, 06:16:57 PM »

Fuck....you people get offended over nothing.? Axl complained...BIG DEAL!? It's not the end of the world.? If you're buying tickets to see the shows, you at least have some idea of what the setlist is going to be.? I'll be seeing 3 shows in 4 days...yeah, I've spent a lot of money, but I'm going there to see my main man in action, and he could make sounds with his armpits for all I care.? What do you guys prefer, talking about his drapes?

rofl

Note to Axl-Make armpit noises at the next show or ELSE!

And if you don't do it I am going to take it personally and think you hate me!  hihi

Seriously though, some people here (and on other forums where this is posted) need to get a grip and need a reality check.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2006, 06:17:53 PM »

I want three shows of armpit noises!  Grin

Or I'll move to Ireland.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2006, 06:18:33 PM »

bottom line is let axl decide the set of the show..hes the genius hes the one who has to use his voice for 2 n half hours not us...so some people might aswell appreiciate the set list..if they dont they can fuck offff. at least hes playing the shows so far..

Agghh....  Constructive criticisms have been articulated and we get this...  Good post buddy, definitely worth the read.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2006, 06:24:08 PM »

Since the word has been that *none* of those songs will be on the album... why play them live?

They added Used to Love Her from Lies and I'm pumped for that. I'm glad they put Maddy back in also. I'd love to see Rocket Queen more often also.

But they're definately moving stuff around more than in 2002, and Axl is right - it's idiots on the internet who over-analyze setlists. The only people really affected are those few who go to 2+ shows.

OMG was released back in 99. It is a viable setlist option.

Rhiad and Silkworms appeared during the 2002 Chinese Democracy World Tour.  In addition, Rhiad was listed as a miscellaneous track on the setlist for Vegas 2006. It is among the songs the new band rehearsed this year. Option viable.

Again, you are oversimplifying the arguments being made here. No one is advocating massive changes. No one is even advocating nightly changes. We would like to see some variability every so often instead of the same pool of 28 songs from which the band has been drawing from since Hammerstein. It as someone said make the show more memorable and would not detract from the enjoyment of the general masses.  As long as the major hits are played and AFD is generously drawn from, there is no problem in my mind.  An encore of Yesterdays or Estranged would appeal to both sides of the GnR fan spectrum

btw, calling community members idiots is an insult and speaks largely to your intelligence level.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »

Alot of bands that i follow closely and go to their shows switch up their setlist every night - (Black Crowes, Karl Denson, etc) and it adds to the excitement becasue you never know what is comming next.  Why are people on this board not allowed to have the opinion that they would love to hear some different songs??  This is just my opinion, but i feel that alot of people are forgetting what drew them to this band in the first place...a different setlist everynight was a signature of the old GNR.  Anyway, bought tickets to two 2002 shows, saw 2 Hammerstein shows, and will be at MSG on the 10th.  Again, though not sure that gives me anymore right to have an opinion than anyone who hasn't gone to shows.  But people just jump down everyone's throat on this board as soon as they see someone else who has a differing opinion.  All this being said, sure Axl can perform any show he wants....again, i keep buying tickets....but all the people chastizing anyone who says..."Hey, wouldn't it be great if they threw in this or that, or switched the order around a bit" just need to come off it.  just my opinion. 

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2006, 06:41:40 PM »

So he actually said he doesn't mind the cameras and recorders? That sure is a change from the Axl that would go diving into the crowd to take one away from someone!
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2006, 06:46:29 PM »

well obviously he doesnt mind about the cameras these days because modern technology has exceeded over the past 15 years since the st louis concert. he aint that bad and he doesnt act like a lil kid sayin "ohhh take that camera of him i dont like it"...to be honest he has matured alot over the past 15 years..not sayin he wasnt mature then..but he coool now... he appreiciates the fans alot more now because he knows that they have been waiting for this album alongggg time.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2006, 06:50:50 PM »

Where do you think the word "fan" comes from?

It's like asking where do you think the word "mofo" comes from.
And as I see it, actually he cares about the fans and not a straw about the critics or the media people.

i just saw an interview with axl (around 1989) where he said that he doesn't want to live with afd as the main gnr-thing all his life... furthermore he wants to move on... now axl should do what axl once said... he should have listened to himself...

if iread this one more time i'm gonna puke

hihi i think i;ve seen this comment like 20 times in the past week Roll Eyes

sorry for being redundant, didnt see it once on the board. Lips Sealed

haha it's all good...but that interview must've been cited 3 times in this thread today alone Undecided

hihi hihi
How about some relatively recent interview?
In the kroq phone interview in august, with regard to the setlist he made comments to the effect that it wouldn't change much save that there would be some nightly variation depending on the vibe of the crowd and other circumstances and how the band feels.

The set reflects the feedback from the crowd at each night.
When the vibe of the crowd and other circumstances change, it will change by itself.

Or, maybe it won't until I get to see the band play this set as the world is revolving around me. peace.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »

/jarmo

I am complaining, and I saw them in boston 2002, Ny hammerstein 2006 and im going to worcester (and maybe MSG) 2006. I know of a few people who went those shows plus HOB and a few others and are complaining about the set list Sure 90% of the people going to the shows will be happy with a hits set list, but he should throw the die hards a bone too and play a few more songs from CD. If they played the first hammerstein show set list every nite (which was all the hits plus cd, maddy, blues, twat, irs, and better) I dont think anyone would be complaining.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged.1098
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2006, 06:54:50 PM »

So he actually said he doesn't mind the cameras and recorders? That sure is a change from the Axl that would go diving into the crowd to take one away from someone!

Axl would never jump at someone because of a camera.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »

No.. you're right.. he never would.. *roll eyes*

Even though Axl doesn't care anymore, the venues/security certainly do..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »

Alot of bands that i follow closely and go to their shows switch up their setlist every night - (Black Crowes, Karl Denson, etc) and it adds to the excitement becasue you never know what is comming next.  Why are people on this board not allowed to have the opinion that they would love to hear some different songs??  This is just my opinion, but i feel that alot of people are forgetting what drew them to this band in the first place...a different setlist everynight was a signature of the old GNR.  Anyway, bought tickets to two 2002 shows, saw 2 Hammerstein shows, and will be at MSG on the 10th.  Again, though not sure that gives me anymore right to have an opinion than anyone who hasn't gone to shows.  But people just jump down everyone's throat on this board as soon as they see someone else who has a differing opinion.  All this being said, sure Axl can perform any show he wants....again, i keep buying tickets....but all the people chastizing anyone who says..."Hey, wouldn't it be great if they threw in this or that, or switched the order around a bit" just need to come off it.  just my opinion. 

This is a good post. There are some overly obsessive folks who do come off poorly due to their passionate comments, there are also some folks who would honestly like to hear some of the other kick ass songs from the back catalog/deeper CD cuts we have yet to hear and are rationally stating that fact. I don't think, at least I hope, that Axl was addressing primarily the former rather than the later.

Wasn't there a thread here a while back asking everyone what back catalog tunes they would like to see during the upcoming tour? I think so..

I have seen the last three incarnations of GnR Mach II (Buckethead, Brain, Frank) and have spent a lot of money and traveled considerable distances to do so. I want to hear something different in the set list as they have been pretty much the same since '02, does that make me an asshole?

I had no intention of catching them in Ft. Myers or Tampa but I did end up going to the Ft. Myers show at the last minute. The concert was good, the attendance was fair but the crowd was enthusiastic. Axl n' Crew put on a great show, I was really impressed with Frank I must say, and I had a good time. I am glad I went now, but I really had a hard time forking over the cash to see a concert I have memorized since it was the same show I saw 3 other times. I don't expect Axl to cater to me personally, but I do hope he rethinks some of his comments as they surely rub some of the die hard folks who are growing weary of Axl touring with no album.

Hopefully that last fact will become moot in the very near future.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: October 30, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »

I am complaining, and I saw them in boston 2002, Ny hammerstein 2006 and im going to worcester (and maybe MSG) 2006.

Why are you going then if you don't like the setlist?

You want to go so you can complain? You want to go in case they change the setlist?

Or maybe you go because you know it'll be a fucking awesome show, but you still feel the need to have something to complain about?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »

good one jarmo...no point complaining....just be reasonable...hes the leader of gnr not you!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »

Ive never gotten to see them and im going to see them in halifax id like to think by then theyll throw some twists in it. But i aint gonna complain i just wanna see them play.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: