Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73098 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2006, 05:02:32 PM »

The only complaint regarding this rant, is the rant itself. When the fuck is Axl going to start saying fuck again? I mean besides when its in the old songs. This rant is weak. He should have said something like "If you dont like it then don't fucking listen, because we play what we want, when we fucking want to. We don't need whining bitch fans, you homefucks." Where did that Axl go? Thats the shit that gets me pumped. Axl is too fucking happy to rant. Im happy he's happy, but don't call it a rant when its not. Ive seen some pretty wicked Axl rants, even live...and this is no Axl rant.

Ummm Buddha_Master I think you need to go back and read the rant again.? hihi

Yea, I guess it is better on the second reading. I guess its how he said it? Did he say it calmly...or was he pissed sounding? Its in the delivery of it. So which is it?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

Why is Axl even ranting about losers on a message board??   He says he doesn't care  about what they think  but it's obvious he does  or else he wouldn't have brought it up.    What happened to the Axl Rose  we all knew  and loved?   I miss the days  when he ranted  about  other celebrities and the press.   Now he is ranting about some insignificant nerds  on the internet .   This is sad .

Because us 'losers' on the message boards have stuck with the band for years and years when nobody else realizes GnR still exist.. I think he brought up a valid point:

They're going to play what they want, when they want and don't give a fuck what others think.

THAT is the Axl Rose we all know and love, and I for one, respect him for speaking his mind..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2006, 05:07:20 PM »

My final point : The setlist doesn't matter. People are enjoying the shows, that's what matters. This discussion is dead.

And stop coming down on people. Its stupid.

And Axl, you think next time you decide to rant on one of the topics here you could mention a release date? hihi

edit: Good post downzy ok
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:09:27 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #183 on: October 30, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

Andew:

You have a valid point, but what's changed?  This is the way they treated the fans in the early 90's as well.. Sure they mixed up the setlist, but they were touring w/ 2 albums under their belt..

Right now they're touring with an album that most people don't think will see the light of day, so they can't really play any of the songs from that album..

I know you're mentioning the Illusions, and I agree completely with you that they should play some of our favorite UYI songs, but even the same setlist over and over again is better than hearing no news whatsoever and all of us wondering if Axl will ever surface again..

He's touring right now, so maybe things will change in the future..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »

I dunno why people says "I've seen the band on this tour like 100000 times and I can complain". No, you don't. The shows are not made for you and the small part of the crowd who were at another gig, but the majority who never saw the new band or the GN'R at all. Better not be so selfish about it...

No offense, but please read people's posts before you attack what you think they've said.? I wanted my last post to be the last one on this issue but it's posts like this one that requires me to post.

There's been several constructive criticisms made over this setlist and Axl's defense of it.? Yet you address none of them.? This "small part of the crowd" argument doesn't fly anymore once the band arrives in New York, especially New York.? In the last 4 years, the band will have performed basically the same setlist for six performances (assuming not much has changed this time around) in the same city.? Not saying that everyone going to this year's MSG show has seen the new band before, but I'd bet that most people attending this round has seen them in the last four years.? The majority is getting smaller and smaller.? This goes for cities like Toronto, Cleveland, Millwaukee, Chicago? A band cannot perform the same setlists (the Rolling Stones at least change the song order) in the same cities and think people aren't going to notice.? Even those coming with me who haven't seen the show were a little weary when I told them that it was essentially the same set that they've been playing for four years (I reassured them that it was an amazing show, why else would I pay a lot of money to see it 11 times).?

Look, I've purchased over $1k worth of GnR tickets over the past four years, not including traveling expenses and merchandise (don't even want to think about that).? I'm going to 3 shows this November.? I'm looking forward to them regardless of what setlist is played.? This is all in my previous post.? As was mentioned earlier, even if it's the same setlist I'll still go nuts and have a good time.? But that said, it's not out of place for me to say that I would like to see something different as someone who's invested so much in this band.? Would it kill the band to replace Out Ta Get Me with either Civil War or Yesterdays.? How about the band performs the second half of Don't Cry if they don't feel like performing the full song.? Would the "majority" care or even notice??

(Quick side story: When I arrived to the Philadelphia show in 2002, I started talking to people sitting behind who hadn't seen GNR yet - and I guess they still haven't.? I told them that I had seen the show 5 times and they were asking me if the band played certain songs.? These weren't people who followed the band online, and apart of the 'majority' as you like to label them.? But they were still pretty disappointed when I told them that the band wasn't playing Don't Cry, Civil War, Yesterdays and Estranged).

I would never think to tell Axl and the rest of the band how to do their job.? Play whatever setlist you like, and I'm there with arms in the air.? But if Axl's telling me to fuck off 'cause I'd like to see something new in four years, well, tells you how he treats his most loyal and hardcore fans (even the ones that spend serous money).

Cheers,

Andrew

That is a great post, pretty much sums up how most people feel.

mullan
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

confused
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2006, 05:23:04 PM »

I would never think to tell Axl and the rest of the band how to do their job.  Play whatever setlist you like, and I'm there with arms in the air.  But if Axl's telling me to fuck off 'cause I'd like to see something new in four years, well, tells you how he treats his most loyal and hardcore fans (even the ones that spend serous money).

I feel the exact same way.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
mullan
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2006, 05:27:54 PM »

yeah, and picking on the irish wasn't cool.. he should know that i missed my fucking exams to go and see them play
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2006, 05:30:27 PM »

From the looks of it, I don't think Axl will ever mention CD again in his rants.  He hasn't mentioned it this entire year unless he was asked about it.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2006, 05:32:45 PM »

yeah, and picking on the irish wasn't cool.. he should know that i missed my fucking exams to go and see them play

He was talking about you!  Roll Eyes

Anyway, does anyone know who exactly he was talking about?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2006, 05:33:48 PM »

It was hilarious- he directed toward the members of this forum and of mygnrforum.? I don't think anyone reported this yet.? He said "I haven't done what they call a rant in a long time, but I'm going to rant right now.? You know... I don't really have a problem with all the cameras and tape recorders and all of that, but I think it is fucked up how there are people out there complaining that we are not changing up the show every night.? Fuck that.? I could give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows.? We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

I immediately thought of all of us who sit on here anticipating some new songs or a changed set list each night there is a concert somewhere.? It was a good show last night by the way.? We met a bunch of cool puerto rican people that know how to rock harder than most of these pussies on the continental united states.? Also, I met Beta and who appeared to be her daughter at the Ritz Carlton the day before the show.? They were cool.? And... the concert was almost sold out.? I'm glad this tour seems to be going well.

Yeahahahah!  Grin

Those dang 'ole Irish.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
mullan
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2006, 05:34:13 PM »

probably all the ass fucks emailing ron and shit about changing up the setlist
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2006, 05:37:01 PM »

Axl is basically laughing at us and I find this sort of amusing. ?

What I find more amusing is the dissection of his commentary here that has now run on for 10 pages. ?Again doing the same exact thing he is laughing at.

Who is he talking to? ?All of you....Me too! ?If you think it might be you, it is! hihi

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »

I agree with Andrew,

I mean fair play to Axl to have a go at the people that comment on these boards, dont go to gigs or anything...but I don't think its cool to pick on the die-hards that travel to different contintents to see this band, pay lots of money and have a lot of time off work.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2006, 05:41:14 PM »

I don't care what Axl said,only i like is music

Axl have to know,without this and couple others boards,this 2006 tour wouldnt be successfull like it is

I have never seen so many tree
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »

Andew:

You have a valid point, but what's changed?  This is the way they treated the fans in the early 90's as well.. Sure they mixed up the setlist, but they were touring w/ 2 albums under their belt..

Right now they're touring with an album that most people don't think will see the light of day, so they can't really play any of the songs from that album..

I know you're mentioning the Illusions, and I agree completely with you that they should play some of our favorite UYI songs, but even the same setlist over and over again is better than hearing no news whatsoever and all of us wondering if Axl will ever surface again..

He's touring right now, so maybe things will change in the future..

Lol, that's true.  GnR has never nor will ever win any awards for being fan friendly.  That's to be expected, and why there's some serious GNR haters out there. 

But to calm things down, I think most people who are somewhat unsatisfied with the lack of change in the current setlist aren't so because of the lack of Chinese Democracy material.  That would be awesome, but personally, I wouldn't mind waiting for the album until we hear what's left on the album.  Seems like half the album is already available through bootlegs and leaks.  It would be nice to hear the rest via an official album.  So the lack of new material isn't want bothers most people.

And granted, this is a great a time to be a GNR fan.  After years and years of nothing, we're on the cusp of a new album and the very beginnings of a North American tour.  This is nothing but great quantities of awesomeness.  An no one likes a crybaby at a party, it brings the mood down. 

But there's two things that got myself, and many others, agitated.

First was Axl's rant, suggesting that he could care less as to what certain fans think of the setlist.  I'll admit error in my assumption, but I seriously thought that when I plunked down over $1600 worth of tickets for myself and friends to see shows in Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec City, we would be seeing something a little different.  And to be honest, its not even the songs that they play, but the order that they play them in.  It would just be nice to walk in and not say: Jungle, ISE, Brownstown, LLAD.  Granted, after that, it gets mixed up a bit, but you know by the time you hear Patience, you know Nightrain and the encore aren't far behind.  I just thought that the band playing New York for the 6th time in four years would want to bring something new to the table.  At the time I bought all those tickets, the NA tour hadn't started yet.  In the end, it's not that big of a deal, and even though I'm probably going to be seeing the same show for the 8th, 9th and 10th time, I'm still super excited about it for not just me, but the 15 people I bought tickets for. 

The second issue that sends blood to a poiling point around here is the notion that any person requesting a setlist change is labeled as a whinner.  Through all the posts I've read thus far, no one here has demanded or told the band what they should be playing.  Most people here are simply saying that they'd like to see a change, but even if that's not the case, we all still love and support Axl and this band.  Many have said that the setlist is perfect as is.  Well, that's great, but many others disagree.  Those people seem content to hear a guitar version of Christina Aguilar's Beautiful over an Illusions tune. 

As it sits in my mind, the bottom line is this: would there be more or less complaints made if they switched Out Ta Get Me or My Michelle (Baz can find another song to sing) with Civil War, Don't Cry and/or Yesterdays than what exists with the setlist staying the same.  Something tells me that there'd be fewer "whinners" if one song was switched so a returning audience could hear something new (and I don't mean Chinese Democracy material).

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:49:13 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2006, 05:51:43 PM »

Ahhh ha, hilarious..... rofl

I mean I won't lie, I definitely want to see the setlist change, because I seen closely the same one about 5 times.. but I don't complain too much, all the shows have been good. peace
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2006, 05:53:21 PM »

Does no one here even realize the irony of this thread?HuhHuh

Axl-Is talking to the people who don't even bother to go to shows yet ramble on the internet that he is playing a similar setlist (mind you to a different audience) every night.

Somehow this has turned into Axl hates Irish people, Axl hates his fans, Axl hates internet users and whatnot.

The internet is like a game of telephone in my opinion. ?Those as old as me will remember this game. ?You have a group of people and you tell the next person a piece of info and as it goes down the line by the time the last guy hears the info it is something totally different than what it started as. ?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2006, 05:57:28 PM »

Does no one here even realize the irony of this thread?HuhHuh

Axl-Is talking to the people who don't even bother to go to shows yet ramble on the internet that he is playing a similar setlist (mind you to a different audience) every night.

Somehow this has turned into Axl hates Irish people, Axl hates his fans, Axl hates internet users and whatnot.

The internet is like a game of telephone in my opinion. ?Those as old as me will remember this game. ?You have a group of people and you tell the next person a piece of info and as it goes down the line by the time the last guy hears the info it is something totally different than what it started as. ?

The sad part is that about 99% of the people who do complain about the setlist have seen at least one show of this new band. Make a poll and you'll find out for yourself. I bet at least 50% of them have seen 5+ shows.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2006, 05:58:29 PM »

I did this little comparison a few weeks ago. I checked if the people complaining we're actually listed as going to any of the uopcoming shows and I don't think I found any of them listed. I only checked a few, but still...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: