Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:08:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73146 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »

Alright,

but how about the guy from Canada who's seen the show 8 times and are about to see the show 3 more times.  Although it's a blast regardless of what they play, I wouldn't be completely disappointed if I was suprised by a change in rotation by the time they hit Toronto (let alone a few new songs, either Illusion or new material).  I know some may say, "well, if you don't want to go see the same show, don't buy tickets."  Fair enough, and hence why I still am going to the show and plan on having a great time (always do).  But not everyone who logs on to these type of forums aren't going to the shows.  When I saw GNR six times in 2002, by the end of it I was still having fun, but hearing the same thing over and over again got a little stale.  Maybe my expections of GNR should be different than what I see most bands do.  Moreover, what about people in New York and Toronto (or Chicago or Cleveland for that matter).  They've heard this setlist before.  After Quebec City, i'll have seen this band 11 times in three countries (to Europeans, that's not much, but to a Canadian, where to get to another country besides the US is a trip, that's something). 

Anyway, I've made this argument on this site several times, so out of fear of sounding like a broken record, this will be the last time I lodge this objection.

Cheers,

Andrew

dude what do u expect? ur basicly following GNR around on tour, people like yourself who go to as many GNR shows as u make up like 1% of the fanbase of GNR probably.  for the other people the shows are not boring and the setlist should not be changed just because less than 1% of the fanbase say they should change the setlist up.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »

Aha, nice job Axl.  I wish I could fit that whole rant in my signature! hihi
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »

He isn't insulting his fans anymore then they are insulting him IMO. "Fans" don't go to a GnR concert and scream "It's not the same without Slash!" What kind of loser does that? "Fans" don't pick apart every little thing this man does, says, farts whatever. "Fans" don't piss and moan over a setlist that was intended for the general public.

I understand your frustration, but again, life is not on our terms. For that reason I can not get frustrated over his lack of updates. I can only take things that are available to me and either choose to be positive about them, or negative. Positive is a whole lot more fun. If I didn't like something, I simply would not be interested anymore. I wouldn't stick around and complain that things were not playing out like I would like them too.

Where do you think the word "fan" comes from? "FANATIC".. and they fucking pick apart and micro examine EVERYTHING about what they are fanatics about.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

He isn't insulting his fans anymore then they are insulting him IMO. "Fans" don't go to a GnR concert and scream "It's not the same without Slash!" What kind of loser does that? "Fans" don't pick apart every little thing this man does, says, farts whatever. "Fans" don't piss and moan over a setlist that was intended for the general public.

I understand your frustration, but again, life is not on our terms. For that reason I can not get frustrated over his lack of updates. I can only take things that are available to me and either choose to be positive about them, or negative. Positive is a whole lot more fun. If I didn't like something, I simply would not be interested anymore. I wouldn't stick around and complain that things were not playing out like I would like them too.

Where do you think the word "fan" comes from? "FANATIC".. and they fucking pick apart and micro examine EVERYTHING about what they are fanatics about.

Well that is pretty fucking nerdy to me.

I care about music, live performances, leaks, and when the album may drop. The rest is bullshit.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »

for me the biggest emotions in atendance make "sweet child of mine"
i couldn't forget moment when finck started to play riff of it in budapest show

Also only i want is bigger show,but Axl is in his 44 and he still runing whole fuckin show so 2 hours shows are great

Also i can listen same songs every fuckin day,and if gnr will play in europe this summer i have to go on 2 or 3 shows

I have never seen so many tree
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2006, 03:59:56 PM »

SLC - Dude, no one here has screamed at Axl that GNR isn't gnr without slash. His insult and the whole point of this discussion is his rant againt the people who only wanted to hear a few different old songs in the setlist. THAT IS NOT INSULTING AXL. And I can damn well guarantee you anyone who he was talking about would be the first to cut down some idiot who screamed "where's slash" at his show. WE ARE FANS!! And will continue to support him. But that doesn't mean we're going to sit back and kiss his ass on every issue and bow down to him. For how much I admire and respect the guy there's a lot I don't agree with and I will speak my mind.

Axl is not YODA!!! hihi
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:03:31 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Andreas - N.I.R.
Opening Act

And then sometimes it's best to walk away

« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »

I guess we were a bit spoiled during the Use Your Illusion tours, where they changed the set a lot. At least compared to now. I didn't see them then, but I have a lot of bootlegs.

I just did a big spreadsheet-thing with the (known) setlists from all the Use Your Illusion shows, and here's some statistics for you. The shows were the setlist is uncertain have been disregarded:
* US/Europe leg in 1991 - 33 shows - 34 songs
* US/Japan leg 91/92 - 20 shows - 28 songs
* Europe leg 92 - 17 shows - 28 songs
* US leg 92 - 21 shows - 23 songs
* South America/Japan/Australia/New Zeeland leg 92/93 - 13 shows - 20 songs

I'm not finished with the Skin N' Bones leg and the European leg of 93, but that should give you some idea. Here are statistics from the last couple of years:
*01/02 - 26 shows - 21 songs
*European tour 06 - 34 shows - 27 songs
*US tour 06 so far - 3 shows - 18 songs

I guess when it comes to the the European tour, we can't really complain about them not changing the setlist more. We'll see about the US.

Andreas - N.I.R.
Link?ping, Sweden
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »

SLC - Dude, no one here has screamed at Axl that GNR isn't gnr without slash. His insult and the whole point of this discussion is his rant againt the people who only wanted to hear a few different old songs in the setlist. THAT IS NOT INSULTING AXL. And I can damn well guarantee you anyone who he was talking about would be the first to cut down someone idiot who screamed "where's slash" at his show. WE ARE FANS!! And will continue to support him. But that doesn't mean we're going to sit back and kiss his ass on every issue and bow down to him. For how much I admire and respect the guy there's a lot I don't agree with and I will speak my mind.

Axl is not YODA!!! hihi

Agrre with you,but yoda is the man too

I don't care what Axl said about some stuff,only know that i like this setlist

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »

When are people going to get it through there thick fucking skulls that the setlist is not going to change much until the new cd is out.

The man(Axl) said more songs to be added as the tour goes on. From what Merk said the touring is just getting going with more us dates in early 07 and then again in the summer. It makes buisness sense to gett he world accainted with GNR again then drop more new stuff.

At each show they are playing 4 unreleased songs of new cd. What are peopel bitching about. 90% of the people at the show hear those 4 songs for the first time.

95% of people want the hits at the shows. I think this is something they have to do. They need to play the hits and play them well for a % of older fans to come back.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »

SLC - Dude, no one here has screamed at Axl that GNR isn't gnr without slash. His insult and the whole point of this discussion is his rant againt the people who only wanted to hear a few different old songs in the setlist. THAT IS NOT INSULTING AXL. And I can damn well guarantee you anyone who he was talking about would be the first to cut down some idiot who screamed "where's slash" at his show. WE ARE FANS!! And will continue to support him. But that doesn't mean we're going to sit back and kiss his ass on every issue and bow down to him. For how much I admire and respect the guy there's a lot I don't agree with and I will speak my mind.

Axl is not YODA!!! hihi

I'm not saying they did. But I am putting it in line with complaining about the setlist. It is the same type of mindset. Same type of people complaining about the same shit over and over.

I didn't say it is insulting Axl. I said that Axl isn't insulting his fans anymore than his fans are insulting him.

Here is my question and then I'm done with this topic.

What part don't people understand about who is going to the concerts? Does it not make sense to you that the people that are going to see them, have not seen this set list before? What part of this is so hard to understand? That is the entire point here. It is not a tough concept to grasp. The setlist is working with casual fans, who just happen to buy tickets to the shows. That's it.

I have made my viewpoint very straight forward. I'm not a crazed fan boi, or somebody who praises everything this guy does. I like the music, love live shows and am willing to pay to see this setlist. If the day comes that I am not interested, or feel that it is worth my time/money, then I won't go. It's that simple.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »

Does everything have to be a war? Suddenly we're the devil and not interested in the bands tour? Because we disagree on a subject that feels totally valid to alot of people? Lighten up man, we're still a community.

A "community" where some think it's their job to point out how everything is wrong and what they want from the band...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2006, 04:23:58 PM »

Honestly, I see more people complaining about the people that are complaining about the setlist more so than the people that have actually complained about it.

And this new Axl Rant has just brought the issue back up.

I understand the people that continue to complian, as in every show going "that setlist sucks, same shit over and over", I agree, those people are annoying and it does get old. However, people such as myself and MANY people in this thread have just commented on what they would like to see in the setlist. Most people arent really complaining, they are just voicing what they would like to see some older more "rare" songs put back in the setlist. And I dont get why you guys cant just accept our opinions and be done with it. Why call us "nerds" and "babies" and "whiners"??

Like I said, I would happily go see GNR with this current setlist, because honestly its not like its a bad setlist or anything, and I havent seen them since 1992 so seeing as it would be the first time seeing the new band and hearing the new songs then fuck yeah I would LOVE it. I just dont think its fair to critizise the "hardcore" fans that have stuck with Axl all these years why he hasnt done shit just because we simply have an opinion as to what songs we would like to hear played.

Some of you get on us for our opinions and then turn around and act even worse than us when defending Axl. Like he can do no wrong and whatever we say negatively about the band or Axl is looked at as "whining", no matter how many great points are brought up. When you cant debate something you simply write it off as "whining" to try and save face, which I think is pathetic.
SharonM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2006, 04:30:55 PM »

I think the majority of people attending a show, will be attending just that one show only during this tour.
I'm going to only one show, I have a family and responsibilities the same as most of the audience.
I for one am glad they are only playing about 3 songs from the unreleased album, the ONE show I am going to get the chance to go to, I want to hear alot of the songs I know and love.
It's not Axl or the bands fault that a few people feel the need to go to 6, 8 or 10 shows on the tour, I think he's playing for the majority and not just a select few.
If people want to follow him around from city to city on the same tour, I can't see what they have to complain about, I mean it should be obvious that they are gonna play about the same stuff, I mean it just seems like a no brainer to me.

Sharon
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »

i think that 60% of worlfd population hate wholw world from they wake up i nthe more,and those people are opsition for everything

well when cd will be out,than many people will say we need amore songs there,when gnr have sell more than 3 milion copies for a ?2-3 months,then they say "it's ok,but look at apetite",when they make stadium tour then they say "ok but there were 100 free seats"

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2006, 04:32:05 PM »

SLC - I get your point. I really do. I'm only commenting on the rant and I find it a little disrespectful that he would say that to people I KNOW love this band and support them.

Again, I'm not speaking of the people who are complaining just to complain. The shows are important, not our opinions about the setlist. It really doesn't matter at all. But there are people here who have made valid points on just the simple subject that they only wanted to hear a few old songs thrown in. I don't see why that is so bad. I don't know why they're being ridiculed, but hey, like you said it doesn't matter. I just don't like to see it. That's where I'm coming from.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »

The only complaint regarding this rant, is the rant itself. When the fuck is Axl going to start saying fuck again? I mean besides when its in the old songs. This rant is weak. He should have said something like "If you dont like it then don't fucking listen, because we play what we want, when we fucking want to. We don't need whining bitch fans, you homefucks." Where did that Axl go? Thats the shit that gets me pumped. Axl is too fucking happy to rant. Im happy he's happy, but don't call it a rant when its not. Ive seen some pretty wicked Axl rants, even live...and this is no Axl rant.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SharonM
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

The only complaint regarding this rant, is the rant itself. When the fuck is Axl going to start saying fuck again? I mean besides when its in the old songs. This rant is weak. He should have said something like "If you dont like it then don't fucking listen, because we play what we want, when we fucking want to. We don't need whining bitch fans, you homefucks." Where did that Axl go? Thats the shit that gets me pumped. Axl is too fucking happy to rant. Im happy he's happy, but don't call it a rant when its not. Ive seen some pretty wicked Axl rants, even live...and this is no Axl rant.

Ummm Buddha_Master I think you need to go back and read the rant again.  hihi

Sharon
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

the highligt of last night was the rant, not the music. This is not good  no

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »

Why is Axl even ranting about losers on a message board??   He says he doesn't care  about what they think  but it's obvious he does  or else he wouldn't have brought it up.    What happened to the Axl Rose  we all knew  and loved?   I miss the days  when he ranted  about  other celebrities and the press.   Now he is ranting about some insignificant nerds  on the internet .   This is sad .
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2006, 04:59:01 PM »

Final point from me:

Mix in Don't Cry and Civil War. ?2 HITS that they don't play. ?It'll please the fans who've never seen them before, as well as the die-hards that are looking for a little something different. ?I don't think that's too much to ask. ?

A few people on here want rare songs, but that probably won't happen, if they're still going to play songs from the new album. ?Fine by me. ?But for those that say that right now they're playing "the hits," they're really not. ?Think About You is hardly a hit.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: