Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73189 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2006, 03:11:07 PM »

Sitting behind a computer and complaining that they play the same shit every show is a friggin' nerd. I'm an old school fan since day one, and think it is embarassing to see people make such a big deal out of all this. Either be glad he is touring and take what he is giving or not. But why bitch about it?

You just went ahead and answered your own question. Why bitch about someone bitching? Because it gives you something. Sitting on your computer commenting on the band with fellow fans is not being a nerd, it's being a fan. If that don't fit your view on how a fan is supposed to be, fine, just don't project it on others.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2006, 03:13:03 PM »

Well this is called the CD tour and not the AFD tour. Maybe IF they would RELEASE an ALBUM for the CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR and play some more songs for CHINESE DEMOCRACY then people would not be bitching about it. Most people on the boards that are bitching have seen this band 4 or 5 times live since 2000 and have seen pretty much the same set list. I dont think anyone would care if they played the same set list of half the set was CD songs

We've already heard at least 6 of the songs that will be on the album. Any more would be too many. It's perfectly obvious why he doesn't play more CD songs before it's released.

And I totally agree with Axl by not playing new songs. However, he has both Illusion and Lies album from which to draw new material. New songs like Rhiad, Silkworms, and OMG lay dormant. I would be excited just to hear OMG again...it was a cool live song.

Since the word has been that *none* of those songs will be on the album... why play them live?

They added Used to Love Her from Lies and I'm pumped for that. I'm glad they put Maddy back in also. I'd love to see Rocket Queen more often also.

But they're definately moving stuff around more than in 2002, and Axl is right - it's idiots on the internet who over-analyze setlists. The only people really affected are those few who go to 2+ shows.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »

Sitting behind a computer and complaining that they play the same shit every show is a friggin' nerd. I'm an old school fan since day one, and think it is embarassing to see people make such a big deal out of all this. Either be glad he is touring and take what he is giving or not. But why bitch about it?

Yeah, you are right. GnR fans are definately spoiled.... Roll Eyes

Who said that?

You said we should be happy with what we have and not complain. I disagree.

Well I certainly did not say we were spoiled.

I also said "why bitch about it?" It's not going to change anything really. And it is not out of the norm for bands to do. In fact I'd say it's pretty routine.

I also stated that it was embarassing to see people make such a big deal out of it. Which I really think it is.

Most of life is NOT on our terms, this is yet another example. They are touring, which everybody wanted. They are also playing new songs, which everybody wanted, and we are closer to an album then ever, which we also all wanted. But that doesn't seem to be good enough for people. They still find something to be upset with. To me, this is a waste of time.

Life rarely is on our terms, get used to it. I am not going to spend all day long complaining about things that didn't go "my way." Simple as that.

I'll remember the latter of your post the next time a Bush/Rumsfeld post pops up in the jungle hihi peace

Really, you don't know how close we are to an album. The last six years have made lots of devoted fans cynical, myself included. And I think everyone on this board has more important things to do, but as a fan, when you come to this site or any other you're going to express your opinion on things you find frustrating.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:16:45 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »

i also think that it's quite reasonable not to play too many songs from the "new" album. but axl should throw in more other gnr classics; i just saw an interview with axl (around 1989) where he said that he doesn't want to live with afd as the main gnr-thing all his life... furthermore he wants to move on... now axl should do what axl once said... he should have listened to himself...
on the other hand, i believe that most people at the current concerts only see one or two shows, so they don't really have to complain that pretty much the same songs are beeing played every night. Sad
last point: doing some covers or illusions-stuff would indeed be better instead of the solos (although i don't want to start another discussion about the solos)

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »

I'll remember the latter of your post the next time a Bush/Rumsfeld post pops up in the jungle hihi peace

Really, you don't know how close we are to an album. The last six years have made lots of devoted fans cynical, myself included. And I think everyone on this boar has more important things to do, but as a fan, when you come to this site or any other you're going to express your opinion on things you find frustrating.

I was wondering how long before somebody brought that up.  hihi

You are right, I don't know. But I do feel, for the first time in years, that we are pretty damn close. I understand frustration, but I think frustration with a groups setlist is unrealistic when 95 percent of the audience has not seen them live like we have.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »

i just saw an interview with axl (around 1989) where he said that he doesn't want to live with afd as the main gnr-thing all his life... furthermore he wants to move on... now axl should do what axl once said... he should have listened to himself...

if iread this one more time i'm gonna puke

hihi i think i;ve seen this comment like 20 times in the past week Roll Eyes

GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

You know .... the bottom line here is........

Release the freaking album and all of this is a moot point. ?That's the REAL problem behind everything going on in GNR land right now. ?With CD out in stores, nobody would be whining and bitching.

And frankly, the whining has picked up speed because we were promised "end of year" several times by Axl and Merck and anyone else connected to GNR - and here we are entering November with absolutely no signs of life from a marketing standpoint. ?And that is NOT a good sign - as someone said before - they aren't going to drop an album that cost $15 million to make into the record stores unannounced without a storm of publicity.

Well said! ?And with no freeking released date!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »

You just went ahead and answered your own question. Why bitch about someone bitching? Because it gives you something. Sitting on your computer commenting on the band with fellow fans is not being a nerd, it's being a fan. If that don't fit your view on how a fan is supposed to be, fine, just don't project it on others.

Commenting is one thing. Complaining about a setlist that is targeted towards the majority of people who have not seen them live is dumb. Comlaining about it over and over is total nerdville, and is just as dumb as going to a concert and screaming "It's not the same without Slash, " when you know damn well he won't be there. Why are you there then? Why are you here then? What is the use?

It has nothing to do with "projecting" what I want on others. It is calling a spade a spade.

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2006, 03:24:15 PM »

i just saw an interview with axl (around 1989) where he said that he doesn't want to live with afd as the main gnr-thing all his life... furthermore he wants to move on... now axl should do what axl once said... he should have listened to himself...

sorry for being redundant, didnt see it once on the board. Lips Sealed

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2006, 03:29:01 PM »

Alright,

but how about the guy from Canada who's seen the show 8 times and are about to see the show 3 more times.? Although it's a blast regardless of what they play, I wouldn't be completely disappointed if I was suprised by a change in rotation by the time they hit Toronto (let alone a few new songs, either Illusion or new material).? I know some may say, "well, if you don't want to go see the same show, don't buy tickets."? Fair enough, and hence why I still am going to the show and plan on having a great time (always do).? But not everyone who logs on to these type of forums aren't going to the shows.? When I saw GNR six times in 2002, by the end of it I was still having fun, but hearing the same thing over and over again got a little stale.? Maybe my expections of GNR should be different than what I see most bands do.? Moreover, what about people in New York and Toronto (or Chicago or Cleveland for that matter).? They've heard this setlist before.? After Quebec City, i'll have seen this band 11 times in three countries (to Europeans, that's not much, but to a Canadian, where to get to another country besides the US is a trip, that's something).?

Anyway, I've made this argument on this site several times, so out of fear of sounding like a broken record, this will be the last time I lodge this objection.

Cheers,

Andrew

Well said. I think the bottom line is that the current era of GNR shows just panders to the people who have never seen them before and don't care about the band as much. The hardcore fans who have supported the band for years and travelled to see lots of shows are the ones who often end up disappointed because they're left seeing essentially the same show in 2006 that they paid to see in 2001. And if Axl thinks that no one wants to hear something like Yesterdays or Estranged ever again, then he's pretty disconnected from reality.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »

You post the mp3? peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

Commenting is one thing. Complaining about a setlist that is targeted towards the majority of people who have not seen them live is dumb. Comlaining about it over and over is total nerdville, and is just as dumb as going to a concert and screaming "It's not the same without Slash, " when you know damn well he won't be there. Why are you there then? Why are you here then? What is the use?

It has nothing to do with "projecting" what I want on others. It is calling a spade a spade.

Hey, if the band makes its way up north to the areas it has already performed to and releases an album then Florida could watch them play Kiss' Music From The Elder for all I care... I bought my ticket based on exactly that happening. ?You can't be suprised that some people aren't optimistic at this point though.... considering what we've seen in the past 5 years.

"total nerdville"... I guess you can spot your own kind....

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »

sorry for being redundant, didnt see it once on the board. Lips Sealed

haha it's all good...but that interview must've been cited 3 times in this thread today alone Undecided

bottom line is, like it or not, it's the setlist for now...you don;t like it then put on your cd's and you'll get all the variety you could want hihi and it wasn't necessarily aimed at you whiny....just saying in general i picked on your post cuz you brought up the interview again peace

as far as yesterdays and estranged and civil war and dont cry...maybe he's keeping those on the shelf because they are reasons why the orig band unravelled ... nobody knows anything but that these are the songs we get....love it or leave it

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2006, 03:37:44 PM »

If he played CD, the ?blues, maddy,

I person who calls Madagascar "Maddy" should not complain about anything. ?nervous

No you didn't... I asked if you would enjoy seeing variety at the concerts considering you go to numerous shows, and you replied by calling me selfish.

Hello?

I can enjoy a show even if they don't play all the songs I'd love to hear. Because I know it's a great show and I can see the rest of the people around me having a great time.

I'd rather have a great crowd than one happy "Eazy E" in the crowd. ?Tongue

At least now we know which ones here are the fans Axl spoke about. There's like 5-10 of you.

Maybe you should stop reading the show updates if it upsets you so much?

Maybe you all will feel more welcome at those U2 and Metallica boards? ?Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »

And complaining about people complaining, over and over, is what? We've been doing circles for 5 pages already, but what the heck, we're all spades without lives.

First of all, the Slash comparison must be one of the most irrelevant things I've read in this thread. He's gone, nothing to do about that. Breakdown and Civil War are not gone, they're backstage just waiting for the oppurtunity to come in and perform. All it would take is snap two fingers and maybe rehearse it for a day or so.

Second is the point of this setlist pleasing as many casual fans as possible, again irrelevant. We've been over this how many times, yet no one seems to listen. There isn't one ideal setlist. This isn't mathematics. You could easily change a fourth of the set and the crowd would still go home just as happy. In reality SCOM, WTTJ, NR, KOHD, Patience and PC is all that's needed. If people get that they're happy. Don't try and make this something it ain't. There are no rocket scientists in the world of GN'R.

I would really like to continue this, and I probably will in 10 hours or so, but now sleep and work is next. Have a good night smoking

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:38 PM »

Really, you don't know how close we are to an album. The last six years have made lots of devoted fans cynical, myself included. And I think everyone on this boar has more important things to do, but as a fan, when you come to this site or any other you're going to express your opinion on things you find frustrating.

I was wondering how long before somebody brought that up.? hihi

You are right, I don't know. But I do feel, for the first time in years, that we are pretty damn close. I understand frustration, but I think frustration with a groups setlist is unrealistic when 95 percent of the audience has not seen them live like we have.

You know, you are absoloutely right. I wasn't thinking about the kids who just want to see the band. But I defintiely understand the fans who have been here and let down over the past six years wanting to hear an old song. I don't call that complaining, though there are people here who do tend to complain about everything.

What gets me though is that Axl insults a group of his own fans, who have supported him when everyone else was making fun of him, when there wasn't anything going on, when no information was given to them, just for wanting to see a few old songs they love. He can insult the fans from the stage, but he can't give an update on an album that he's been promoting/promising for the last six years? Undecided

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »

At least now we know which ones here are the fans Axl spoke about. There's like 5-10 of you.

Looks like you're not the only message board geek who can get mentioned by Axl on stage... Not so fucking special now, are you? ? hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2006, 03:48:16 PM »

Looks like you're not the only message board geek who can get mentioned by Axl on stage... Not so fucking special now, are you? ? hihi

LMFAO!!! Who else here can say they were an Axl rant? hihi

And if Dave, aka-the ultimate Axl fan/supporter, wants to call Madagascar Maddy I think he should be able to without being made fun of... I mean, its not like he's calling it Mad-at-nascar or anything.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:50:45 PM by misterID » Logged

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2006, 03:48:27 PM »

Maybe you should stop reading the show updates if it upsets you so much?

Maybe you all will feel more welcome at those U2 and Metallica boards? ?Tongue

/jarmo

Does everything have to be a war? Suddenly we're the devil and not interested in the bands tour? Because we disagree on a subject that feels totally valid to alot of people? Lighten up man, we're still a community.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »

First of all, the Slash comparison must be one of the most irrelevant things I've read in this thread. He's gone, nothing to do about that. Breakdown and Civil War are not gone, they're backstage just waiting for the oppurtunity to come in and perform. All it would take is snap two fingers and maybe rehearse it for a day or so.

If you don't understand the comparison then you should read more slowly. You are way off mark.

The rest is a waste of my time.

You know, you are absoloutely right. I wasn't thinking about the kids who just want to see the band. But I defintiely understand the fans who have been here and let down over the past six years wanting to hear an old song. I don't call that complaining, though there are people here who do tend to complain about everything.

What gets me though is that Axl insults a group of his own fans, who have supported him when everyone else was making fun of him, when there wasn't anything going on, when no information was given to them, just for wanting to see a few old songs they love. He can insult the fans from the stage, but he can't give an update on an album that he's been promoting/promising for the last six years? Undecided

He isn't insulting his fans anymore then they are insulting him IMO. "Fans" don't go to a GnR concert and scream "It's not the same without Slash!" What kind of loser does that? "Fans" don't pick apart every little thing this man does, says, farts whatever. "Fans" don't piss and moan over a setlist that was intended for the general public.

I understand your frustration, but again, life is not on our terms. For that reason I can not get frustrated over his lack of updates. I can only take things that are available to me and either choose to be positive about them, or negative. Positive is a whole lot more fun. If I didn't like something, I simply would not be interested anymore. I wouldn't stick around and complain that things were not playing out like I would like them too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: