Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:03:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73133 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »

I agree.  Sorry, but only the diehards like us are going to keep supporting this without any new material.  I already have friends who saw them in May in NYC (who are just casual fans), and they're not going back this time around because they think it's going to be the same show.

Axl's rant pretty much proves them right.
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »

The set list is fine.  For most people they are seeing the show for the first time.  If you've seen the band 4 or 5 times in a year and are bored with the show, maybe it's becuz you've seen the band 4 or 5 times.  and you are in the minority.

I'd like to see a vastly changing setlist too, but that is an unrealistic hope.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 12:13:17 PM »

They did add better, used to love her, and IRS to the 2006 tour apposed to the 2002 tour to be some what fair. Also Think About You and Madagascar are usually missing.

I'm not touching this topic with a ten foot pool, everybody has their own points.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 12:13:55 PM »

beer to Axl. ?Keep up the good work. ?The band rocks. ?peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »

Granted, the bitching can get a little out of hand here at times. But I must admit, so does the holier than thou praising. This is a messageboard, and I for one come here to read peoples views on the band etc, be it positive or negative. As long as an opinion is constructive and well thought out, one should be able to express it without being flamed to the extreme.

Axl is on tour, one that has gone surprisingly smooth. He sounds better than many can remember, the band is tighter and do by all means the old band justice. That's all good, few are claiming otherwise. I got to see them myself this summer and can without a doubt say it was one of the best experiences of my life. That aside, I still can't help feeling a little disappointed in the current setlist. This is what, the fourth tour, leg or whatever since the comeback in '01. I guess I just miss the unpredictable Axl from the past.

This is not bitching or whining as some will have it. It's simply my opinion as a diehard fan. You don't like it? Scroll past this post or give me a constructive counterargument. But don't waive the o' so old He has to play the old material for the casual fans, they don't wanna hear a bunch of songs they don't know. Stop complaining you stupid cockdickfucker!!! Please, don't insult my intelligence. All that's pretty much given, and I doubt there are many of us who expects the man to do that. Rather I hope for a little flexibillity. Sure, they play some of the leaks, and that's great, but that gets old too if it's the same new songs every time. Last night they played Rocket Queen and Used To Love Her. Great, that's the kind of stuff I'm hoping for, but does it have to be so rarely? There are alot of great songs to pick from, why not just throw in one or two on regular basis?

And I don't think the growing dissent in GN'R fanland is solely because we crave new songs on the setlist. I'm sure alot of these feelings stem from the neverending Chinese Democracy frustrations. We have an album that's supposedly slated for release this year. As we speak there are 61 days left in the year. The record is believed to be out in 40 or so of those days. I know some like to believe that this 15 years in the making, 13 million dollar masterpiece is just going to drop out of the sky and magically appear in stores by next week. Cool down, the record will be out soon and we will start to hear more new songs after that. Just have patience, enjoy what you have Well, I for one dare to claim that it's not that simple. Wheels need to be set in motion on this release, on every release. We should be hearing ramblings all over the place by now. But we don't. All we got is random, unsubstanstiated hearsay and the continuing promises of Axl and Merck that it will happen. That's pretty much it. Think about that for a minute and tell me how that comforts you. Cause I don't. I've been here too long.

I just don't hope this gets deleted, cause I would sure like to hear some input from the rest of you.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Duff II
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »

I agree. Once the new album is out they will play more new songs.  I'm sure even AXL is bored with playing Appetite every night. 

If the crowd doesn't know the new material, the reaction won't necessarily be that good.  For example, once the 10,000 people in attendance all know and love Better, that song will electrify the arena.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »

lol, axl rants arnt the same, its weird, 21st century rant thats what it is, about the internet n stuff i miss the days of "mick wall a kerrang, suck my fucking dick" and *dives into crowd* *kicks mans ass*.

I kind of agree with him, but im sure it would be nice to hear some more illusions material, dont get me wrong appetite is my favourite but i love alot of illusions....also when axl says "we" i think he means "I" as im sure he dictates what is played as he owns the name and decides who is in and who is out.

html sucks
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »

Yeah, but does he give a shit about "some guy in New York" who he has already played in front of five times this year as of next friday? Does that guy want to hear the same set?

I knew it all along. The non-changing set has everything to do with bootleggers.
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »

Granted, the bitching can get a little out of hand here at times. But I must admit, so does the holier than thou praising. This is a messageboard, and I for one come here to read peoples views on the band etc, be it positive or negative. As long as an opinion is constructive and well thought out, one should be able to express it without being flamed to the extreme.

Axl is on tour, one that has gone surprisingly smooth. He sounds better than many can remember, the band is tighter and do by all means the old band justice. That's all good, few are claiming otherwise. I got to see them myself this summer and can without a doubt say it was one of the best experiences of my life. That aside, I still can't help feeling a little disappointed in the current setlist. This is what, the fourth tour, leg or whatever since the comeback in '01. I guess I just miss the unpredictable Axl from the past.

This is not bitching or whining as some will have it. It's simply my opinion as a diehard fan. You don't like it? Scroll past this post or give me a constructive counterargument. But don't waive the o' so old He has to play the old material for the casual fans, they don't wanna hear a bunch of songs they don't know. Stop complaining you stupid cockdickfucker!!! Please, don't insult my intelligence. All that's pretty much given, and I doubt there are many of us who expects the man to do that. Rather I hope for a little flexibillity. Sure, they play some of the leaks, and that's great, but that gets old too if it's the same new songs every time. Last night they played Rocket Queen and Used To Love Her. Great, that's the kind of stuff I'm hoping for, but does it have to be so rarely? There are alot of great songs to pick from, why not just throw in one or two on regular basis?

And I don't think the growing dissent in GN'R fanland is solely because we crave new songs on the setlist. I'm sure alot of these feelings stem from the neverending Chinese Democracy frustrations. We have an album that's supposedly slated for release this year. As we speak there are 61 days left in the year. The record is believed to be out in 40 or so of those days. I know some like to believe that this 15 years in the making, 13 million dollar masterpiece is just going to drop out of the sky and magically appear in stores by next week. Cool down, the record will be out soon and we will start to hear more new songs after that. Just have patience, enjoy what you have Well, I for one dare to claim that it's not that simple. Wheels need to be set in motion on this release, on every release. We should be hearing ramblings all over the place by now. But we don't. All we got is random, unsubstanstiated hearsay and the continuing promises of Axl and Merck that it will happen. That's pretty much it. Think about that for a minute and tell me how that comforts you. Cause I don't. I've been here too long.

I just don't hope this gets deleted, cause I would sure like to hear some input from the rest of you.

One of the best posts ever?

Oh she's a cornshucker!
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2006, 12:24:56 PM »

Cool down, the record will be out soon and we will start to hear more new songs after that. Just have patience, enjoy what you have  hihi

only joking
that was a great post

mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »

Great post, pretty much says how I feel.

I understand most of you get tired of the same people bitching in every thread about the setlist, but just because some of us would like to hear more UYI songs or want Axl to change up the setlist some DOES NOT make us "whiners".

I havent seen the band since 1992, so even though I would like more UYI songs I would still love to see them even with this current setlist if I could, and I would enjoy the hell out of it, but that doesnt change the fact that the setlist doesnt please everyone.

Nobody is saying it should go through a drastic change, but whats the harm in adding a different song each night?? To make the show feel more "special" to the people in attendance, you know, the diehards who have supported Axl all these years?? One night play Yesterdays, the next night play Dont Cry, the next night play Anything Goes...you know, that would be enough. Seems it would be fun for the band as well.

Either way im just happy to have GNR back, but I dont see the problem in wanting a little variety at the show. The same setlist since 2001?? It does get old whether you want to admit it or not.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »

I agree. Once the new album is out they will play more new songs. I'm sure even AXL is bored with playing Appetite every night.

This is what I don't understand, I would think the band of all people would want to get creative with the setlist. ?They have 3 albums worth of songs to pull-from and they can do covers or let Tommy play a solo song or mix up the order... I think they should take advantage of that.

Good post polluxlm, there really isn't a lot of time left in the year.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 12:30:48 PM »

well said! I'm very happy the band is out there playing and doing gigs tho! I'm very happy that I have seen Guns N' Roses play at the Nijmegen 2006 gig. The new band is awesome! Part of the reason why I would like the new bandmembers to get the chance to shine. I love Robin Finck, I'm dying to hear him riffing on all those new songs from the Chinese Democracy album. But the question is when? This year? I sure as hell hope so, but um....isn't the year almost over?  Cry Or do we have a 13th month?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »

axl, you took the words right out of my mouth
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »

Axl is touring on the strength of the leaks and AFD. This is hardly what I would call a Chinese Democracy tour. With time running out, there is definately a 'been there, done that' feeling with this latest tour.

I think alot of people are afraid the tour will end like it did in 2002; remember 4 years ago, we had a couple of new songs too and a lack of a release date, single, .....point.

Nostalgia tour rolls on, Im afraid. Until Uncle Axl wants to let everyone in on the trick and reveal his plans for the rest of the year.

I now fear a repeat of the Hammer setlist for NYC.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

another thing is people attending like 10 shows...of course it'll get boring after a while but really how many people do that? i'm gonna see one show this tour...and if they come back this area again I'll think about it but i'm not gonna hold my breath to say yeah i'll see them a second time...i mean there are a few people who see multiple shows and have fun but if you plan on seeing them like 5 times just be ready to see the same set...if you don't wanna see the same set then don't fucking go...it's really that simple...as to the people collecting bootlegs...well comeon how many people are gonna listen to like 50 different concerts? pick the best versions of each tune and be happy they are even playing live at all peace

@ killing vector...a new buzz has to be genreated somewhere...people need to know that Axl is back so there are fans ready to buy an album...might as well play familiar tracks to generate interest to the average joe (or jane peace )

SLCPUNK
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »

This cracks me up.

Thanks Axl!

hihi

I have seen the same set list almost every single time now, and I'm sure tomorrow night will be the same too. But I love Guns n Roses, and love a great live performance. It never even crossed my mind to be upset about it. Why should I? I get to see my favorite band of all time, play a kick ass two hour set and have a blast. It's been about four years since I last saw them live, so I'm going to appreciate every minute of it. Why in the hell would I complain about that?

How many times have you watched one of your favorite movies? How many times have you eaten your favorite meal? How many times have you taken a scenic route that you just happen to love? How many times have you hiked the same trail? Or went skiing down that same slope? How many times have you listened to AFD for that matter?

See you front row tomorrow night!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:43:35 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »

I agree.? Sorry, but only the diehards like us are going to keep supporting this without any new material.? I already have friends who saw them in May in NYC (who are just casual fans), and they're not going back this time around because they think it's going to be the same show.

Axl's rant pretty much proves them right.

I'm a HUGE diehard and I'm in the same boat as your friends. ?I saw them in NYC and it was incredible. ?I don't really see the point in going to Baltimore for the same show again a few months later. ?But maybe I'm just older and lamer. ?Smiley ?(3 kids will do that to you)

But that doesn't mean that the tour isn't great.....it'll just be a chance for more people to see them. ?I just think that the stamina and patience for the diehards is running out a bit.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 12:42:12 PM »

'm sure even AXL is bored with playing Appetite every night. 

Didn't he say "I don't want to live in the shadow of Appetite all my life" while making Illusions. 
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »

It's really true though - this is essentially the same tour as the NYC shows - so we shouldn't really be that surprised that the set is the same.  Not really "bitching" just logic.

I do hope they let this thread live on though - I enjoy the "debate" that is currently out there about GNR.  Seems like anytime anyone says ANYTHING negative, the thread gets killed.  I posted a long "take" on this a few days ago (it took like 20 minutes to construct Smiley) and it was deleted in 10 minutes.

I echo pollux's sentiment.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: