Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL's Rant in San Juan last night
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL's Rant in San Juan last night  (Read 73106 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 11:16:20 AM »

I immediately thought of all of us who sit on here anticipating some new songs or a changed set list each night there is a concert somewhere. 

all of us? That's dead wrong. Angry
anyhow that's a nice little rant thanks for posting.  ok

Does it imply that Axl spends his time reading all the douche baggy bitchs and moans about shows? nervous

@ downzy56, mind you, not everyone at shows is as lucky as you are.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »

Thanks uncle Axl...

You just made my day...  hihi

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 11:25:27 AM »

Anyone who has been to one of the concerts knows why the setlist is the way it is.? It appeals to the majority of the crowd.? We die hards are a very small minority of who attends these events.? I agree that he will add 1 or 2 more songs after CD is released, but they will also play the classics heavily as well.? ?It's not like they have a huge catalog to pull from right now.
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »

Who cares about the damn setlist.... its perfectly fine.

I just want the album!!!!

and some damn midwest dates!!!!!
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »

why did he pick out the Irish??!! it wasnt me whining about the setlist just to set the record straight!

bit harsh so it was. I'm from irealand and i didnt moan about the setlist. I'm just glad to see the band back so why would i complain.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »

.....We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

Sorry but, how Axl know what people want to hear ?
A lot of people have said would want to hear more UYI songs, I think is most what he want to play.
Not bashing, just the truth. And I care because I hope to see them soon and I would like to hear a little different setlist, I miss some UYI songs and all the recent bootlegs we got are the same, it's just boring.

peace Just my oppinion.

//JK
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:37 AM »

Alright,

but how about the guy from Canada who's seen the show 8 times and are about to see the show 3 more times.  Although it's a blast regardless of what they play, I wouldn't be completely disappointed if I was suprised by a change in rotation by the time they hit Toronto (let alone a few new songs, either Illusion or new material).  I know some may say, "well, if you don't want to go see the same show, don't buy tickets."  Fair enough, and hence why I still am going to the show and plan on having a great time (always do).  But not everyone who logs on to these type of forums aren't going to the shows.  When I saw GNR six times in 2002, by the end of it I was still having fun, but hearing the same thing over and over again got a little stale.  Maybe my expections of GNR should be different than what I see most bands do.  Moreover, what about people in New York and Toronto (or Chicago or Cleveland for that matter).  They've heard this setlist before.  After Quebec City, i'll have seen this band 11 times in three countries (to Europeans, that's not much, but to a Canadian, where to get to another country besides the US is a trip, that's something). 

Anyway, I've made this argument on this site several times, so out of fear of sounding like a broken record, this will be the last time I lodge this objection.

Cheers,

Andrew

i agree with you 100%, but I think a lot of the whiners are people who saw the show one night in their city and then read about the set list for the next 4 shows and saw it was the same and started crying about it.  Thats just beyond retarded to me.  I agree though, if its the same setlist i hear at MSG then I saw only 6-7 months ago at Hammerstein it will be disappointing, but I'll still have fun. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 11:36:14 AM »

I can c why he picked on Irealand!!

Wink

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 11:37:31 AM »

It was hilarious- he directed toward the members of this forum and of mygnrforum.

I don't see no mention of HTGTH or the other board you're naming in Axl's rant Huh

Why is it directed to those two boards and not others ? I bet there's whinners everywhere and not only here or at mygnr.

Anyway, it's cool the see that Axl keep up with what's going on on the web yes (Remember the Trunk interview, he said he had to keep up with all the shit out there and sometimes shoot some things down).

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »

A lot of people have said would want to hear more UYI songs, I think is most what he want to play.
Not bashing, just the truth. And I care because I hope to see them soon and I would like to hear a little different setlist, I miss some UYI songs and all the recent bootlegs we got are the same, it's just boring.

peace Just my oppinion.

cuz most (but not all) people love AFD the most so thats what they play Roll Eyes

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 11:39:52 AM »

Take it easy you Irish drunks...  Grin

He probably wanted to point out the fact that people from the other side of the world are whinning about the setlists being the same, when all they can do is sit behind their computer screens and not even listen to the damn show.

He just picked out Ireland as an example. He could have picked out Greece...

So chill out and drink lots of beers for all of us...

peace Just my oppinion.

A lot of people? On the message boards?

The band is playing the biggest hits every night, that is until they'll release the new record.

They can't play all of the songs, it will take them more than 4 hours to please everyone...

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 11:41:32 AM »

And I care because I hope to see them soon and I would like to hear a little different setlist, I miss some UYI songs and all the recent bootlegs we got are the same, it's just boring.

i think part of the point axl made is folks who have yet to see this band live are judging the shows as 'boring' off boots...see this band live, see the energy they have, and i think you will not give a shit about the 'repetitive' setlist.

bootlegs are great--but they dont compare with the acutal experience of being there.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

im from ireland too and have never critized the show! dublin was un real this year and ive seen them too at slane and leeds!

just to have guns back is a big bonus this year. i have dropped off this board over the past few months, because there's too much complaingin and shit going on. some people are never happy!
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 11:48:11 AM »

If you know that the setlist is going to be the same and your not happy with it then don't go! Axl does what Axl wants. Whats there to complain over? At least he's still performing and at least he's playing a few new songs. The album is coming, take a seat like the rest of us and wait for it. Yeah it's been a hell of a long time but that's what sets Guns N' Roses fans apart from the rest.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 11:48:26 AM »

Well this is called the CD tour and not the AFD tour. Maybe IF they would RELEASE an ALBUM for the CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR and play some more songs for CHINESE DEMOCRACY then people would not be bitching about it. Most people on the boards that are bitching have seen this band 4 or 5 times live since 2000 and have seen pretty much the same set list. I dont think anyone would care if they played the same set list of half the set was CD songs

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 11:51:17 AM »

Well this is called the CD tour and not the AFD tour. Maybe IF they would RELEASE an ALBUM for the CHINESE DEMOCRACY TOUR and play some more songs for CHINESE DEMOCRACY then people would not be bitching about it. Most people on the boards that are bitching have seen this band 4 or 5 times live since 2000 and have seen pretty much the same set list. I dont think anyone would care if they played the same set list of half the set was CD songs

dave.... I never thought I'd see the day when I agree with you.  However the day has come.  I have looked out the window and I see no pigs flying and I am quite certain that hell has not reached below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.  I don't know what is going on. 
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

Thank god he put an end to this crap, I think he spoke for about 90% of us on this board. Those who complain or more accurately bitch about the setlist have now heard it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Axl and most of us don't give a flying shit if you think the setlist sucks, start your own band and play what you want to hear.

I do understand some of us have requests and that is totally cool but don't rail on the band consistantly because you didn't get what you wanted, that's lame.

Now let's enjoy this tour and the music we get to hear, this is what it's all about.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:54:27 AM by beerman » Logged

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

well they are playing Chinese Democracy everynight since the tour start so I can see why it is called the way it is called... ?hihi

and all that were at actual shows know the energy when Jungle starts, or Finck starts SCOM and so on... it is just amazing.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 11:53:38 AM »

Take it easy you Irish drunks...? Grin

hihi

if he had accused/singled out greece and the greeks you'd be whistling a different tune!
you'd be riddled with the paranoia that he and gnr are never going to grace your country again!

oh noes!
someone call pat kenny!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 12:01:06 PM »

And I care because I hope to see them soon and I would like to hear a little different setlist, I miss some UYI songs and all the recent bootlegs we got are the same, it's just boring.

i think part of the point axl made is folks who have yet to see this band live are judging the shows as 'boring' off boots...see this band live, see the energy they have, and i think you will not give a shit about the 'repetitive' setlist.

bootlegs are great--but they dont compare with the acutal experience of being there.

There are some people here that have seen the band in North America and would much rather see a different concert than the one from 4 years ago, it's not just "people on the other side of the world behind a computer".

If GN'R was playing a varied setlist every night with more UYI songs, different covers, different openers and/or closers and people that weren't going to the shows were complimenting the band for mixing things up on the tour, they wouldn't get assaulted with "STFU, how can you say you like the band's setlist? ?You aren't even going to the shows." ?It's just something to have an opinion about and this is a message board. ?I have the same opinion about Oasis playing the same setlist every night whether or not I am going to the shows. ?I also have an opinion about the Dave Matthews Band playing a completely different show every night, even when I'm not going to the shows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: