Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Liam Gallagher with a SMALL Guns mention...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liam Gallagher with a SMALL Guns mention...  (Read 10937 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 10:07:57 AM »

Why does it have to erupt into a bunch of people putting down Oasis?

Probably cos most forums are full of kids who think being a fan of one band means you cannot appreciate another band.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »

I grew up on them.. Definately maybe came out when I was in 1st year at high school and so Oasis were pretty much thee band that people were into throughout high school. I remember greenday being really big in my school, gnr and nirvana not so much.

Speaking for my school is was Greenday and Oasis back in the early/ mid 90s.

Its all about the lyrics for me. Songs I can relate to because like I say most american cock rock bands are singing about drugs and stuff which isnt me. Oasis is jus getting drunk and having a hangover lol.

The last two posts are very good. As far as Oasis goes, Noel is a great songwriter and lyricist. Anyone who doesn't think so need to check out songs like "Talk Tonight" and "The Masterplan". Incredible.

But here's my question though; did I mis-read the original post or was Liam not even putting GNR down?

Why does it have to erupt into a bunch of people putting down Oasis?

Liam definitely wasn't putting GN'R down in what he said.  He went and watched the first Hammerstein show I believe and for Liam to go to America and watch a concert, is almost unheard of. He wouldn't go watch something that he didn't want to and that's because he's a stubborn mother fucker. I wouldn't be surprised if he went backstage and talked to Axl for a bit. I really wouldn't.  I even remember the comments Noel said about GN'R at Rio in 2001, he said, "that was one of the best shows I have ever seen and Buckethead is a God."

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »

But here's my question though; did I mis-read the original post or was Liam not even putting GNR down?

I was wondering the same. Is regarding a band as very rock n' roll too wild for their clothes disrespectful to the band from a fans point of view? and Why should the threads like this one always end up suffering from the bad obsession.

Probably cos most forums are full of kids who think being a fan of one band means you cannot appreciate another band.
Or being a fan of one guitarist or drummer means you can't appreciate the other in the band ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:11:15 AM by ppbebe » Logged
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »

Remember Axl gave the Gallagher brothers a mention at rio 3. He said something about "and unlike the oasis brothers... we couldnt all just get along" when speaking of the breakup of gnr.

So axl is aware and perhaps appreciative of oasis.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »

ive seen Oasis live 5 times,, they are phenomenal....anyone who doesnt agree must either be american or have poor taste in music.....well actually they go hand in hand for the most part....oh by the way i am american, and yes i did just insult my own countries musical taste, because it sucks.....
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 11:38:02 AM »

Liam wasn't putting Guns or Axl down.

? Some of you already commented on this what Axl said in Rio I think it was actually "unlike the Oasis brothers we just couldn't work things out". Anyway being in Brazil I saw tonnes of interviews then and they asked Noel why they decided to come and do RIR3 and he said "well first it's hard to turn down a chance to come to Rio, RIR is one of the biggest festivals in the world and when we found out Guns n'roses were comming and we were going to play before them it was just a no brainer" ?also in another interview they were asking Noel if he was going to watch any other bands and he said " AXL (not gnr) I want to see what he is comming up with, not to mention Jungle, Paradise, Sweet Child, NR those are some of the best written songs ever... yeah I can't wait to see them" the interviewer says anyone else...."Nope just guns"

?I don't know if any of you have seen the Oasis gig in RIR 3 but before the last song Liam says on stage...

?"This one is for Mr.Rose Rock N' Roll Star" ?

So yeah I think it's safe to say both Liam and Noel like GNR ?ok

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »

Liam wasn't putting Guns or Axl down.

Some of you already commented on this what Axl said in Rio I think it was actually "unlike the Oasis brothers we just couldn't work things out". Anyway being in Brazil I saw tonnes of interviews then and they asked Noel why they decided to come and do RIR3 and he said "well first it's hard to turn down a chance to come to Rio, RIR is one of the biggest festivals in the world and when we found out Guns n'roses were comming and we were going to play before them it was just a no brainer"  also in another interview they were asking Noel if he was going to watch any other bands and he said " AXL (not gnr) I want to see what he is comming up with, not to mention Jungle, Paradise, Sweet Child, NR those are some of the best written songs ever... yeah I can't wait to see them" the interviewer says anyone else...."Nope just guns"

I don't know if any of you have seen the Oasis gig in RIR 3 but before the last song Liam says on stage...

"This one is for Mr.Rose Rock N' Roll Star" 

So yeah I think it's safe to say both Liam and Noel like GNR  ok

Phew! I was starting to think I was nuts. I was like "is it ME? What am I missing??"

Good to see that alot of other folks understand this wasn't a band vs. band thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

You make me laugh. Oasis is shit my friend, that's what they are.

GN'R even meant more in the music world than those oasis wankers!

Brilliantly informative comments mate. So how come Oasis have sold more records in the Uk than GnR and Nirvana probably combined?!?! How come?!?! Oh wait.. its cos... "Oasis is shit my friend, thats what they are"... they is shit... that answers everything.

Ever heard Oasis live? Ever been to one of their gigs?

For me its all in the Lyrics... its classic brit pop lol... all about drinking, women, and football lol, kinda like why I like the stone roses too.. but wait.. the stone roses is shit too huh? thats wot they are....

Says more about UK than the music....  Tongue

And for your info: Yes I saw them live (rock werchter festival) and they sucked!
Oasis sucks big time, fuck'em!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:32 PM »

Brilliantly informative comments mate. So how come Oasis have sold more records in the Uk than GnR and Nirvana probably combined?!?! How come?!?! Oh wait.. its cos... "Oasis is shit my friend, thats what they are"... they is shit... that answers everything.

For me its all in the Lyrics... its classic brit pop lol... all about drinking, women, and football lol, kinda like why I like the stone roses too.. but wait.. the stone roses is shit too huh? thats wot they are....

Says more about UK than the music....? Tongue

And for your info: Yes I saw them live (rock werchter festival) and they sucked!

Yes they must suck so bad, thats why Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr have all said in the past how much they admired their music. Oh and Dave Grohl is one of their biggest fans, he even supported them recentley as he loves them so much. But hey what would these guys know about music!!!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »

Says more about UK than the music....? Tongue

Yes they must suck so bad, thats why Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr have all said in the past how much they admired their music. Oh and Dave Grohl is one of their biggest fans, he even supported them recentley as he loves them so much. But hey what would these guys know about music!!!

Jesus man! Oasis suck, that's my opinion and also from other GN'R fans. I don't give a damn what other celebrity things about them. It would be even rude to say that they suck when your also in the same business. Fuck, oasis makes pussy rock music, it's pop-rock. They don't have a 'metal-hard-rock background' as GN'R. They're wannabees.

Fuck'em

Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »

"Yeah Oasis suck, they don't do hard rock, hell yeah thats f@ggot music, F*ck that man, yeah f*ck muthaf*cka..."

You're perfectly entitled to have your opinion, but all I'm saying is the general consensus amongst the music industry is that Oasis have written some damn fine tunes over the years and are highly regarded for this. Unfortunatley, there seem to be a lot of Axl wannabe's on this board who seem to be stuck in the 80's wearing black tshirts, living with their mum putting on stupid "look at me, fuck this fuck that muthafucka" persona's on internet messageboards. Just because certain music isn't as hard as Guns doesn't mean it's not damn good.

Oh how about those faggy little Beatles, do you and all the gunners think they're crap ? Oh wait but Axl & Slash cover their songs & wear their tshirts...

Try a bit of a rational reasoning and debate & you won't come across like so much of an ignoramus.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2006, 06:42:43 AM »

"Yeah Oasis suck, they don't do hard rock, hell yeah thats f@ggot music, F*ck that man, yeah f*ck muthaf*cka..."

You're perfectly entitled to have your opinion, but all I'm saying is the general consensus amongst the music industry is that Oasis have written some damn fine tunes over the years and are highly regarded for this. Unfortunatley, there seem to be a lot of Axl wannabe's on this board who seem to be stuck in the 80's wearing black tshirts, living with their mum putting on stupid "look at me, fuck this fuck that muthafucka" persona's on internet messageboards. Just because certain music isn't as hard as Guns doesn't mean it's not damn good.

Oh how about those faggy little Beatles, do you and all the gunners think they're crap ? Oh wait but Axl & Slash cover their songs & wear their tshirts...

Try a bit of a rational reasoning and debate & you won't come across like so much of an ignoramus.

If people are talking about oasis, they always have to bring up other legendary bands such as the beatles, nirvana, etc....Oasis isn't it that categorie!!!! why? Because they suck  Grin and they want to be legendary...but they aren't, they're wannabe's!!

I don't only like metal or hard-rock...

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2006, 06:55:41 AM »

Try listening to songs slide away or champagne supanova. Then come back and post that Oasis are shit. Having seen them live a couple of times can honestly say that Liam has an amazing stage presence. Please be subjective without your blinkers on.

Keep em under your wheels.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2006, 07:00:52 AM »

If people are talking about oasis, they always have to bring up other legendary bands such as the beatles, nirvana, etc....Oasis isn't it that categorie!!!! why? Because they suck? Grin and they want to be legendary...but they aren't, they're wannabe's!!

Utter crap.

Oasis are bigger in the UK than Nirvana...... and if you look at the chart success each gnr, nirvana and oasis had in the time they reigned toegether, early/mid 90s, youll see oasis kicked the others ass's.

In comparison to the Beatles youd be surprised how close Oasis are insofar as album sales and chart success. It would only take one more album or so for them to surpass the beatles record sales and chart success in their home turf.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2006, 07:03:29 AM »

Try listening to songs slide away or champagne supanova. Then come back and post that Oasis are shit. Having seen them live a couple of times can honestly say that Liam has an amazing stage presence. Please be subjective without your blinkers on.

I seen them live like already posted, and I know a lot of their songs as music is probably my biggest hobby. And my opinion has not changed! Stage presence? Give me a break! The man nearly spoke to the audience (i think he didn't, just saying: the next song is...) and didn't go away from his mic ... a lot of people even were throwing things to him (and it weren't flowers...and it wasn't me ?Tongue )...so if yeah, that was a great stage presence.

So don't tell me that I don't know the fucking bunch of oasis wankers. I don't like them and they suck! point. They're over and they're not legendary ?ok

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 07:05:10 AM »

If people are talking about oasis, they always have to bring up other legendary bands such as the beatles, nirvana, etc....Oasis isn't it that categorie!!!! why? Because they suck? Grin and they want to be legendary...but they aren't, they're wannabe's!!

Utter crap.

Oasis are bigger in the UK than Nirvana...... and if you look at the chart success each gnr, nirvana and oasis had in the time they reigned toegether, early/mid 90s, youll see oasis kicked the others ass's.

In comparison to the Beatles youd be surprised how close Oasis are insofar as album sales and chart success. It would only take one more album or so for them to surpass the beatles record sales and chart success in their home turf.

I already answered your remark! Sad, very sad and narrow minded to say oasis is bigger than nirvana.....and even close to beatles! again, you make me laugh. If that is the case in the UK...well it tells more about the UK than the music!
And yet again, the world is larger than UK only!

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 07:18:12 AM »

Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:30:53 AM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: