Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:35:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Liam Gallagher with a SMALL Guns mention...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liam Gallagher with a SMALL Guns mention...  (Read 10941 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 08:18:45 AM »

Yes, they suck. Or, maybe they don't. I don't know.

Why don't you make a thread in the appropriate forum to discuss Oasis? This one is about a Guns N' Roses mention.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 08:20:33 AM »

Oasis' music is OK (I have to say that, I'm from UK  hihi) Nah only joking, it is pretty good.

Not my favourite but I have respect for the Gallaghers because they did write some good music and sold millions of albums.

Why is everyone up in arms about this quote? I dont see anything wrong with it.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 08:20:49 AM »

he makes no sense on everything he just said.

html sucks
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »

Just what we needed to get this thread going, a fight. hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 12:28:22 PM »

Who gives a fuck what that tosser? thinks!!

Tosser lol?

Hes only in one of the most successful british bands of all time. Oasis are just shy of being the biggest selling british artists in their home turf.

Oasis are awesome. More successful in the UK than GnR anyway.
forgotaboutsteve
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 01:23:40 PM »

they've already sold out their uk tour for this upcoming summer, so obviously a few people like them.  i saw them here in the states a couple summer's ago and they put on an amazing performance.  i love the way liam just stands at his mic the whole night posing.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 03:12:43 PM »

Who gives a fuck what that tosser  thinks!!

Tosser lol?

Hes only in one of the most successful british bands of all time. Oasis are just shy of being the biggest selling british artists in their home turf.

Oasis are awesome. More successful in the UK than GnR anyway.

so fuckin' what, the guys a FUCKIN' MORON!!

a huge fuckin' stick is up the guys arse!!!

OASIS - FUCK YOU!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 03:39:50 PM »

Liam is so fuckin cool he's like Axl people adore him or hate his guts. Everything he says is tongue in cheek, Liam has stumbled drunk out of so many bars its not funny, he's been banned from airlines and he karate kicked a cop in the chest. He's not as mild as he comes off in this interview if Liam was trying to diss Axl you would know he doesn't pull punches. I am sure he respects Axl. And to the guy who likes Evanescence but says Oasis sucks that says it all for me.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

so fuckin' what, the guys a FUCKIN' MORON!!

a huge fuckin' stick is up the guys arse!!!

OASIS - FUCK YOU!!

If you cant formulate an opinion with intelligent remarks and minus the mindless profanity then no one is gona listen to what you have to say.

Oasis were THEE british band of the 90s and their chart success, album sales and sold out tours prove they are worth checking out.

Yea they have egos but who doesnt?!?!

Axl rose had a rant about people like ourselves bitching on internet forums when its people like us on forums who are the bands bread n butter. Without us a lot less people would give a shit about GnR. Axl doesnt seem to appreciate that yet do you hear me calling him a fuckin idiot?
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »

Oasis, f*cking rule!!

In this day and age with crap manufactured bands & bland pathetic emo shite a band who do what they want & stick up 2 fingers to all & sundry should be applauded irrespective whether you don't like their music they keep the rock & roll attitude alive that bands like guns had in the early days.

They could of been huge in the states, but pissed it away because Liam had an argument over a Jacket with Bonehead! That cracks me up to this day...
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »

Plus they could also make a career as comedians. Can you imagine any other band coming out with such classics..

Oasis were named best act in the world today and Noel Gallagher picked up the classic songwriter prize, but talking about his brother Liam's absence, Noel joked:
"He's gone to the zoo. The monkeys are bringing their kids to go and have a look at him."
"I guess I really should thank our kid for singing all these great songs - but as he's not here, f*** him."

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »

I think there's a hint of mutual admiration between Liam & Axl.

I was thinking the same thing. They have respect for each other as artists at least.

Maybe it is...since 2001 that they have been saying nice things about each other (well...at least not bad things

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 01:39:41 AM »

oasis is a great band, the best band of the 90's as far as im concerned, i always thought their songwritng pissed all over Nirvana...but they never lasted in the states for some reason...america is missing out
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 03:03:28 AM »

oasis is a great band, the best band of the 90's as far as im concerned, i always thought their songwritng pissed all over Nirvana...but they never lasted in the states for some reason...america is missing out

You make me laugh. Oasis is shit my friend, that's what they are. How can you actually think of comparing them to Nirvana, which had, like it or not, changed the music scene and influenced a whole generation!
I like GN'R even better than Nirvana, but these are facts. GN'R even meant more in the music world than those oasis wankers!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »

You make me laugh. Oasis is shit my friend, that's what they are. How can you actually think of comparing them to Nirvana, which had, like it or not, changed the music scene and influenced a whole generation!
I like GN'R even better than Nirvana, but these are facts. GN'R even meant more in the music world than those oasis wankers!

The thing that needs to be remembered here is that to the majority of people in the US it is hard to understand the significance of Oasis in the musical spectrum.  I am not a big fan of the band however.....

Oasis are without doubt the most important band of the past decade in the UK.  They were the first band to truly begin challenging the early-mid nineties trend of commercial dance music that was dominating the UK charts.  They also inspired a generation of young people to pick up a guitar for the first time (the ex-lead guitarist in my band began by learning Oasis) and their influence is still seen today through the crop of guitar bands heard on the radio and in the charts - without Oasis, it is questionable as to whether this would be the case.

Noel Gallaghers songwriting is very underestimated - and as much as it pains a lot of people to admit, it isn't easy to write simple songs with such timeless hooks/melodies.  Lyrically and through their attitude, Oasis became the working class heroes for a nation of young people that were at the end of their fuse with the Conservative government in the UK.  This is obviously a case of right place/right time - but it was their quality which has remained and therefore ensured they remain so important in the UK.

As I said at the start of my post, I am NOT a big fan of the band - but there is absolutely no way GNR had anywhere near the influence in the UK that Oasis had and continue to have.  This is why the debate always ends up raging so much - only UK citzens can really identify with the impact the band had.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 08:30:42 AM by Red1 » Logged
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 08:37:09 AM »

You make me laugh. Oasis is shit my friend, that's what they are.

GN'R even meant more in the music world than those oasis wankers!

Brilliantly informative comments mate. So how come Oasis have sold more records in the Uk than GnR and Nirvana probably combined?!?! How come?!?! Oh wait.. its cos... "Oasis is shit my friend, thats what they are"... they is shit... that answers everything.

Ever heard Oasis live? Ever been to one of their gigs?

For me its all in the Lyrics... its classic brit pop lol... all about drinking, women, and football lol, kinda like why I like the stone roses too.. but wait.. the stone roses is shit too huh? thats wot they are....
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:07 AM »

Oasis became the working class heroes for a nation of young people that were at the end of their fuse with the Conservative government in the UK.?

Spot on.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan - but I've been listening to the new greatest hits album constantly for the past 3 weeks and have begun to realise just how great Noel Gallagher is.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 08:50:03 AM »

I grew up on them.. Definately maybe came out when I was in 1st year at high school and so Oasis were pretty much thee band that people were into throughout high school. I remember greenday being really big in my school, gnr and nirvana not so much.

Speaking for my school is was Greenday and Oasis back in the early/ mid 90s.

Its all about the lyrics for me. Songs I can relate to because like I say most american cock rock bands are singing about drugs and stuff which isnt me. Oasis is jus getting drunk and having a hangover lol.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 09:05:09 AM »

I grew up on them.. Definately maybe came out when I was in 1st year at high school and so Oasis were pretty much thee band that people were into throughout high school. I remember greenday being really big in my school, gnr and nirvana not so much.

Speaking for my school is was Greenday and Oasis back in the early/ mid 90s.

Its all about the lyrics for me. Songs I can relate to because like I say most american cock rock bands are singing about drugs and stuff which isnt me. Oasis is jus getting drunk and having a hangover lol.

The last two posts are very good. As far as Oasis goes, Noel is a great songwriter and lyricist. Anyone who doesn't think so need to check out songs like "Talk Tonight" and "The Masterplan". Incredible.

But here's my question though; did I mis-read the original post or was Liam not even putting GNR down?

Why does it have to erupt into a bunch of people putting down Oasis?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: