Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 46232 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »

Like Axl said before we are holding are big guns back.

When did Axl say this?

During the 2002 tour.  I think it's time to fire away.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:46 PM »

When did Axl say this?

Years and years ago.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »

Better is the expected first single, but it is yet to be confirmed

Good choice.

I don't think so.? Its a good song, but the amount of hype around new disc, the long wait, many casual fans will be saying "this is what we waited for"Huh? Better will not be on the radio for months like WTTJ and SCOM were.? If Better is the best that CD has to offer then I think we're in store for a major disappointment.? Its a good tune, but it doesn't blow me away.? The middle is the only redeeming part of the song.? The first single should be a song that is on the charts and on the radio in heavy rotation for months.

Bottom line is, when it takes 13 years to make an album that critisism is valid. Critisism like that unfortunately takes away from a song like Better, which I believe is probably the best song GnR' have made since the AFD days. Is it the best CD has to offer? I hope not, but if it is I won't be dissapointed.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2006, 05:38:20 PM »

Good choice.

I don't think so.? Its a good song, but the amount of hype around new disc, the long wait, many casual fans will be saying "this is what we waited for"Huh? Better will not be on the radio for months like WTTJ and SCOM were.? If Better is the best that CD has to offer then I think we're in store for a major disappointment.? Its a good tune, but it doesn't blow me away.? The middle is the only redeeming part of the song.? The first single should be a song that is on the charts and on the radio in heavy rotation for months.

This is the way i felt about I.R.S. & TWAT.? No way casual fans should hear these first after all the hype.? IMO, out of the tracks we've heard, Better is the perfect attention grabber and most catchy, radio-friendly rocker there is.? I'm with the masses in hoping that there are other songs from the album that are better and harder rocking, but for right now if you asked me to choose from the songs we've heard so far, Better is the most sensible choice to get people hyped.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »

Good choice.

The casual fan isn't waiting for the new GN'R album. At least not in the U.S. And not from my personal experience of talking about GN'R in many places in the U.S. Most really just don't care. Or say stuff, like: ? ?really GN'R is working on an album??!! No way!! I didn't know that, I wonder if it will be any good. ? ? Better is a song good enough to get them to listen to more and thats all you need. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2006, 05:40:03 PM »

When did Axl say this?

Years and years ago.

4 years ago.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »

No offense to you guys who say better is a "catchy song" "radio friendly" etc...but you sound like record execs and not rock fans.  I mean, if you genuinely think better is an amazing song, then thats cool, to each their own.  The best Guns song since AFD???  well, thats just ridiculous, sorry.  Roll Eyes

but anyways, i hope CDs and the songs on it aren't just attention grabbers and radio friendly rock songs.....I want songs that if I was 14 would piss my parents off, songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul the way AFD and some UYI songs did.  THAT is gnr, not a song whos intro sounds like Mr. Hanky is singing it.   I don't know dudes, it just doesn't do it for me.  Like i said, take out the heavy middle part and I think its a VERY average tune.

I think if you weren't a GNR fan, you wouldn't think so highly of it.  I could be wrong.  we'll see  peace

I mean, do any of you find yourself humming the guitar parts to Better the way you STILL do to WTTJ, SCOM and PC?Huh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 05:53:58 PM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2006, 05:56:41 PM »

No offense to you guys who say better is a "catchy song" "radio friendly" etc...but you sound like record execs and not rock fans. I mean, if you genuinely think better is an amazing song, then thats cool, to each their own. The best Guns song since AFD??? well, thats just ridiculous, sorry. Roll Eyes

but anyways, i hope CDs and the songs on it aren't just attention grabbers and radio friendly rock songs.....I want songs that if I was 14 would piss my parents off, songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul the way AFD and some UYI songs did. THAT is gnr, not a song whos intro sounds like Mr. Hanky is singing it. I don't know dudes, it just doesn't do it for me. Like i said, take out the heavy middle part and I think its a VERY average tune.

I think if you weren't a GNR fan, you wouldn't think so highly of it. I could be wrong. we'll see peace

I don't think its the best they've ever done either. But I belive its a great song. GN'R was what you said it WAS, they had songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul. Thats true. But its a different time now. Its? a different band now. The sound is more modern, more progessive. I belive in todays rock climate, it will be a hit. In todays radio market, and MTV generation, if a band wants mass success they need a catchy radio tune. Better is that song. I as well hope its not the best off of CD and I dont think it will be. So many bands today play singles that aren't as good as other stuff on the Album. I also belive the label nor Axl wants to put a brand new song as a single, with all the leaks that have come out. I think they have stuff thats better than better. No pun intended. But picked the best of the leaked tracks that will appear on chinese democracy. And the best leak that will give them the best exposure in today's market. Axl has said he wants to progress from Appetite not relive it. This is progession. This is different then what we've heard from GN'R before. This single will be a hit. This single alone will sale albums? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »

No offense to you guys who say better is a "catchy song" "radio friendly" etc...but you sound like record execs and not rock fans.  I mean, if you genuinely think better is an amazing song, then thats cool, to each their own.  The best Guns song since AFD???  well, thats just ridiculous, sorry.  Roll Eyes

but anyways, i hope CDs and the songs on it aren't just attention grabbers and radio friendly rock songs.....I want songs that if I was 14 would piss my parents off, songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul the way AFD and some UYI songs did.  THAT is gnr, not a song whos intro sounds like Mr. Hanky is singing it.   I don't know dudes, it just doesn't do it for me.  Like i said, take out the heavy middle part and I think its a VERY average tune.

I think if you weren't a GNR fan, you wouldn't think so highly of it.  I could be wrong.  we'll see  peace

I mean, do any of you find yourself humming the guitar parts to Better the way you STILL do to WTTJ, SCOM and PC?Huh
i've never hummed the guitar parts to those songs. i do hum the 'mr hanky opening.' i think better, in its way, is as good as those songs. don't shoot me...
what was it axl said? some people are going to say 'this isn't axl, this isn't gnr. but some songs you'll like.' i probably won't come back here when the album is out because the people here are all going to trash half the album.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2006, 06:06:16 PM »

No offense to you guys who say better is a "catchy song" "radio friendly" etc...but you sound like record execs and not rock fans. I mean, if you genuinely think better is an amazing song, then thats cool, to each their own. The best Guns song since AFD??? well, thats just ridiculous, sorry. Roll Eyes

but anyways, i hope CDs and the songs on it aren't just attention grabbers and radio friendly rock songs.....I want songs that if I was 14 would piss my parents off, songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul the way AFD and some UYI songs did. THAT is gnr, not a song whos intro sounds like Mr. Hanky is singing it. I don't know dudes, it just doesn't do it for me. Like i said, take out the heavy middle part and I think its a VERY average tune.

I think if you weren't a GNR fan, you wouldn't think so highly of it. I could be wrong. we'll see peace

I don't think its the best they've ever done either. But I belive its a great song. GN'R was what you said it WAS, they had songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul. Thats true. But its a different time now. Its? a different band now. The sound is more modern, more progessive. I belive in todays rock climate, it will be a hit. In todays radio market, and MTV generation, if a band wants mass success they need a catchy radio tune. Better is that song. I as well hope its not the best off of CD and I dont think it will be. So many bands today play singles that aren't as good as other stuff on the Album. I also belive the label nor Axl wants to put a brand new song as a single, with all the leaks that have come out. I think they have stuff thats better than better. No pun intended. But picked the best of the leaked tracks that will appear on chinese democracy. And the best leak that will give them the best exposure in today's market. Axl has said he wants to progress from Appetite not relive it. This is progession. This is different then what we've heard from GN'R before. This single will be a hit. This single alone will sale albums? smoking

I think a song like Better attracts a lot of new fans. For example a lot of my friends who werent GNR fans really liked it, but it didnt grab me that much with the exception of the middle section..

I've gotta admit i'll be dissapointed if thats the first single. I am really hoping we'll get another huge WTTJ or Sweet Child type song.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »

just the heavy bit in the middle.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:17 PM »

No offense to you guys who say better is a "catchy song" "radio friendly" etc...but you sound like record execs and not rock fans.? I mean, if you genuinely think better is an amazing song, then thats cool, to each their own.? The best Guns song since AFD?Huh well, thats just ridiculous, sorry.? Roll Eyes

but anyways, i hope CDs and the songs on it aren't just attention grabbers and radio friendly rock songs.....I want songs that if I was 14 would piss my parents off, songs that grab your balls and rip out your soul the way AFD and some UYI songs did.? THAT is gnr, not a song whos intro sounds like Mr. Hanky is singing it.? ?I don't know dudes, it just doesn't do it for me.? Like i said, take out the heavy middle part and I think its a VERY average tune.

I think if you weren't a GNR fan, you wouldn't think so highly of it.? I could be wrong.? we'll see? peace

just the heavy bit in the middle.

really? I'm humming the song all the time. The best part is the first two verses, as I think the lyrics are magnificent.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

^^I find the last verse to be absolutely fantastic.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps that won't regret this kind of aggrevation

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

everyone i know who i've played better for loved it. And 99% of those are NOT remotely GNR fans or into anything GNR related. it's an amazing crossover song. it's crazy catchy, but modern, quirky, unconventional and ass kicking. what the fuck more do you want??
i think it would make an amazing first single.

robots.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

everyone i know who i've played better for loved it. And 99% of those are NOT remotely GNR fans or into anything GNR related. it's an amazing crossover song. it's crazy catchy, but modern, quirky, unconventional and ass kicking. what the fuck more do you want??
i think it would make an amazing first single.

I want an instant classic, a song that will still be "radio friendly" 20 years from now.  Sorry, Better is not that song.  I want a song that says "now THIS was waiting for".  Better is not that song....good song, but not a 10+ year waiting song.

I personally don't really care if "non die hards" or non GNR fans like it b/c its a cross over song...dont' you think REAL GNR fans should like it first???  If the album sells 10 million copies and its average at best, I'm not going to be happy.  Britney Spears sold a ton of records too but her songs are punchlines now, yet they were radio friendly and catchy etc.....

like i said, and i mean no offense truly, but you guys sound more like record execs then guns fans - dont' you want to hear songs in the same vein as the ones that made you fans to begin with?!?!?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »

dont' you want to hear songs in the same vein as the ones that made you fans to begin with?!?!?
Of course I want.... but man, there is no Slash anymore. How can it be "as good as before" without Slash? it's impossible. and "better" prooves it: it's good but it's nothing like the 87-93 erea. It's like asking The Chicago Bulls to be as good as before without Michael Jordan... it's just impossible.
Plus there are 3 guitar players, wich is even worst because none of them has enough space to shine and to show his real talent like Slash.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:33:50 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Steel_Angel
« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2006, 07:25:27 PM »

dont' you want to hear songs in the same vein as the ones that made you fans to begin with?!?!?
Of course I want.... but man, there is no Slash anymore. How can it be "as good as before" without Slash? it's impossible. It's like asking The Chicago Bulls to make as good as the old days without Michael Jordan... it's an impossible dream.
Plus there are 3 guitar players, wich is even worst because none of them has enough space to shine and to show his real talent like Slash. So they even have less attention individually.
dude............................

gett..... over it.....

finck and the rest will start SHININ after CD is released. fuckin wait for it. SLash didnt 'SHINE' until AFTER AFD came out   confused confused
Opensoul
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »

Frozen.....you got it ... lol  ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »

its a Full CD we are waiting for. You could be mine is a killer song, but not the best of the illusion albums. But i guess it was the first single.
And for the people beliving that there will be fillers on CD! Dream again! Every song on this album, will be damn good. If we get it the was Axl and Guns N Roses wants..
Better is perfect for a fist single, in my ears.. A cool video behind it would also be killer Cheesy  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

<i>dont' you want to hear songs in the same vein as the ones that made you fans to begin with?!?!? </i>

Bands evolve. So must GNR. And as long as the change is gradual, why complain? It's not like the new material and old material is day/night. Just a little less bluesy and more modern, but you can definately still hear it's GNR.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: