Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 46212 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »

^^I hear ya. A single needs to drop ASAP. The shows are not selling out, and new material might help that.

Not might, it WILL help sales. "Better" will be the single and it kicks some major ass. People like that song. People outside of the GN'R forum circle that I have listen to this song, like this song. The announcement of an album and a new single will show the american public that this is not a glorified cover band. But this is a great band. With great music. People will buy tickets for their shows when this single hits. ?smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2006, 12:58:58 AM »

Better WILL ?be a big hit. As will the album.

My point is that its very hard to compare the GNR albums to each other. That goes for the Illusions as well. Thats the beauty of GNR. For me atleast. They have such a diverse catalougue thats its hard to compare and isolate the material against each other.

I firmly believe that CD will be just as good as anything the old band has done. The material I have heard so far is definately standing up to old gnr and then some. The new songs are a part of gnr history that are expanding the GNR sound while still sounding like GNR.

Cd will provide great lyrics and great music. My doubts of this album, band and sound are long gone. My doubts of the media giving this album a fair shake are diminishing as well. Over the past yr GNR have recieved more and more positive press. And how sweet that is.

Instead of comparing CD to the old stuff song for song Im gonna judge it from the standpoint of does it stand up to the GNR name as a whole. And thus far it has.....

CD, the follow ups, RObin,Richard, Brain,Tommy,Bummble, Dizzy and Pittman are all going to be part as the 2nd era of GUns N Roses. Down the road people will realize that this band will have had 2 great bands with 2 great periods of music....and as a fan I cant ask for anything more
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:07:52 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2006, 01:10:13 AM »

Well I think with the Harley Davidson ad that Better is clearly gonna be the single and it should drop sometime this week.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2006, 01:22:54 AM »

Any ideas on when Better will be on the commercial and what channels it will play on?!?!?!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2006, 01:52:06 AM »

Any ideas on when Better will be on the commercial and what channels it will play on?!?!?!

Best bet is during the world series

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2006, 02:17:41 AM »

hmm that'd be nice...guessing since it IS going to be the only new track released to the public, that it will be the single.  I guess there's really no doubt about it now...
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24:45 AM »

Better is an amazing track. Its a great choice for the single. Its got a lot of cool elements. And it all works. If the album has 2-3 other songs on par with Better combined with what we have already hear, CD will be better than the Illusions by a lot and will blow anything out there away....

CD is already better than AFD.

Chin Dem > out to get me
Better > rocketqueen
IRS > anything goes
Blues > think about you
Madagascar > You're crazy
Catcher in the rye > my michelle
TWAT > night train

PS
Booker for this post read my sig  ok

We are all inherently unique and everybody has a different opinion so I don't have a problem with your favoritism of certain songs over others; however, your argumentative approach is infantile at best. Don't expect anybody to take you seriously if the extent of you reasoning is a greater than sign.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2006, 02:34:43 AM »

Too hardcore fans this album is already "better".  Nothing will top Appetite in anyones eyes, no matter what Axl put out.  Better is a great start though...
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2006, 02:55:41 AM »

Well I think with the Harley Davidson ad that Better is clearly gonna be the single

agreed.

i was kinda hoping it'd be a completely new song, but whatever... almost everyone seems to dig Better, so...

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2006, 11:54:38 AM »

I dunno... I just wish they would hurry up with the new ad.  I really want GNR to get the ball rolling!

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »

One of the greatest aspects of GNR is that they have a VARIETY of songs with its own texture, topic & melody. We may like the songs on different levels relating to us, but collectively, they endear us in different ways to Guns N' Roses.

I would have never gotten into GNR had I not heard WTTJ, Nightrain, November Rain & SCOM. & those were HIT songs
Afterwards, it took maybe 3-4 years for me to like the rest of the GNR catalog. No really. I used to skip on songs like "My Michelle", Mr. Brownstone, Dust & Bones, Coma, the Garden & especially Rocket Queen. But when I saw Axl perform them live in many of the DVD's I own, I grew very attached to them because these songs meant a lot to him & the band. It probably took less listens for me to like "Better" than "Rocket Queen". Doesn't mean they're bad songs, but they are not HIT songs. I only like Better because Axl performs it passionately. How could you compare it to "Dark Side of the Moon"? Isn't that analysis "over the moon"?

That's my nature as a music fan, whether I like it or not (I don't care about anything else).
I accept that people love the new songs, but you need to accept that there is no hit we have heard yet that anchor the new album & will bring the LEGIONS of fans back to the fold, whose opinions matter on the business-side of GNR. BETTER does have a weak intro & Axl does not sound good in the beginning (it definitly is not his intro to WTTJ or YCBM "I'm a Cold Heartbreaker".)
Madagascar & The Blues or TWAT or IRS will make for good singles, maybe 3rd or 4th after the album comes out. TWAT looks like a classic - but even those songs don't make for a 1st single. Even Estranged was never a hit - & that song is our favorite.

Is it really true that Axl has nothing left to hide? Did he really put out his big guns already? Or is everyone just guessing & making up hypotheticals?

I want to hear the answer from this coming tour.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2006, 12:12:55 PM »

Reply from 97.9 the Loop (big rock station in Chicago area)

Hi Dan,

I haven't gotten any word about the new GNR being out next week, with this band you never know what's really happening. I have heard that there will be new music but exactly when is still unclaer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, stay tuned because when its out I'm sure we'll have it for you on The Loop!!

Take care,

Bill Klaproth

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »

We may like the songs on different levels relating to us, but collectively, they endear us in different ways to Guns N' Roses.
so how can you say..
but you need to accept that there is no hit we have heard yet that anchor the new album & will bring the LEGIONS of fans back to the fold,

Better IS a hit. Mark it down. Better will make it extremely hard for the naysayers to downplay this band and album. CAse Closed. If they were releaing CD, maybe even IRS they would have a lot more to stand on. Better leaves them witht here dick in there hand.

Is it really true that Axl has nothing left to hide? Did he really put out his big guns already? Or is everyone just guessing & making up hypotheticals?

I think we have heard 2 "Big Guns" so far. And that is Better and TWAT. I think the final product of TWAT will elevate it to Better status.

I believe CD will have another 1 or 2 "Big Guns" . And if that is correct, we are in for a treat. And the fans, media etc will all give this band props. FOr the most part, it has been positive press regarding this band over the past yr.

Songs like Better will re establish the GNR name.

This album will live up to its hype. The album will stand up to the old gnr material. Axl has been captain once before he can do it again. Are there any musical doubts of this band still? The countless threads of how this band musically cant do it ended when the leaks came out....

When everyone...including us, hear Axls voice on a legit, fresh,crisp format we are all gonan get pumped up again that rock is back. Nomore bootlegs,no more demos.

A legit studio produced song will erase the remaining doubts....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2006, 01:08:49 PM »

But WTTJ, YCBM, Don't Cry, PC, SCOM, and others jumped at you in the 1st listen. These songs take 3 up to 15 listens to like (Better took me 15 listens). THat is unacceptable for a first single, the first song you draw people into. If the DJ's don't like that 1st hook & the melody in the first listen & the listeners don't like it enough

My thoughts exactly. CD will suffer of writing songs outta riffs and ideas without having a a general idea. This makes incoherent songs like Nu-GN'R wrote. This 'let's jam and then I'll build up the songs by listening the different ideas' is a dead end street musically. Dive in and find the monkey  confused

Nu-GN'R has great moments but doesn't have songs just some patched-up works without any structure.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »

Chinese Democracy "hits" may not have been popular during the time AFD came out, but with the competition today, CD's songs will be hits.  You just can't compare the old GNR to the new GNR stuff.  It's like comparing Janis Joplin's hits with Brittney Spears' hits...  smoking

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2006, 01:14:45 PM »

No matter what song you pick, you can't satisfy everyone. ?Of the songs we've heard, Better is by far the most radio friendly and the most appealing to the mass market.

And if you don't think Better, and to a lesser extent Maddy, are sonically complex with in-depth structure....you don't know music. ?You could level the charge they are OVERLY complex, to a fault, but not that they lack complexity and structure all together. ?There are just layers and layers of sound in there......which is what makes the tunes so soncially interesting....much like what Estranged and Coma were on the Illusions albums.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »

Chinese Democracy "hits" may not have been popular during the time AFD came out, but with the competition today, CD's songs will be hits.? You just can't compare the old GNR to the new GNR stuff.? It's like comparing Janis Joplin's hits with Brittney Spears' hits...? smoking

Must EVERY discussion decend into comparisons between the old and new.....which then bash the new band's output?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2006, 01:16:59 PM »

Personately, I need to hear the STUDIO versions of each new songs now to make my judgment.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Personately, I need to hear the STUDIO versions of each new songs now to make my judgment.

I'll agree with that.  And one more thing.  I wasn't  bashing the new GNR shit.  I was trying to make a point.  What GNR has now, is going to be the best stuff in the modern rock world...no doubt about it.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »

Too hardcore fans this album is already "better".  Nothing will top Appetite in anyones eyes, no matter what Axl put out.

beg to differ.

like not everyone is a zeppelin fan or a fan of oasis, u2, eminem etc, not everyone in the world had/has much of an opinion on gnr of the past.

It's the hardcore fans of AFD era who tend to think nothing should top appetite. Probably that's it for them. I hear there're people who prefer early Beatles songs to those of their latter period.

Better will introduce people nicely to the 21st century GNR.

Chinese democracy will turn many non gnr fans into the fans. and some of them will discover the gems of old GNR afterwards.

Cd, IRS, better, omg, riyadh are to my mind in no way inferior to wttj, pc, and scom. To the future fans minds as well, I reckon.   smoking
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: