Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:56:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 42170 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 09:00:35 PM »

Sounds promising.

Won't be a shock if they have a single next week and its Better.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 09:10:49 PM »

thats obviously promising news i dont think its really a question about Better being the single.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 09:30:39 PM »

Time will tell...
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 09:42:40 PM »

I hope it's true.. a polished Better would be awesome..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 10:37:19 PM »

No word yet here at my local rock station.  I'm a DJ on 106.3 The Buzz in Wichita Falls, TX.  So we're not exactly a big market or anything, but at the same time we haven't heard anything yet.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 10:52:51 PM »

So why do a select few radio stations say they have the new single?  Are they lying?

That station in CT played the leaked demo, not the new single like they claimed.

These radio stations claim they have something exclusive to get listeners, but in fact it's the same "old" leaks.

Playing them on the radio is in my opinion wrong. The band, or record company, didn't mean them to be played on the radio.

/jarmo

Actually they did not claim it was the single (when I listened anyway.) They claimed they would have the single in their hands next week (told to me on the phone.)
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 11:32:59 PM »

For all you baseball fans.Maybe axl is throwing us a curve ball,make us think its "better" but it will be something different,maybe even better
ben9785
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 11:39:34 PM »

My humble opinion is that, regardless of whether there are other songs on "Chinese Democracy" that are more progressive or technical musically or whatever, I think "Better" works well as a first single, not only as a 'rebirth' of the classic legacy for longtime fans but also to bring in new fans. It might be a bit too simple or repetitive or whatever, but it could appeal to all different musical fans..  Whether it is "old school" classic rock fans, younger kids getting into rock music, and anybody in between.

There's a share of classic riffing in there typical to the old GNR sound, a fair balance of guitar soloing/technicality for novice and virtuoso guitarists alike, a great simple catchy melody, a good groove, and most important of all, a heavy badass breakdown/bridge that'll have all the women going wild as the solos build up and Axl starts to prance around the stage wildly and scream the bridge ("i never wanted......." etc)
daubs
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 11:57:39 PM »

When they said they would have the single next week were they refering to oct 23rd-27th or oct 30th-nov 3rd?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 11:59:32 PM »

Better is a good choice for a single because

1. it is a good song

2. it is one of the leaked songs

The band IMO is adament to keep the rest of the album under wraps. I expect the first single to be one of the leaks.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
daubs
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2006, 12:03:02 AM »

i agree, i dont feel the other leaked songs so far that the mass appeal better is capable of having. ive never had anybody say they didnt like better. most people are blown away by it.

also, i dont want a 'new' song from the album, i want at least 1/2 the album to be completly new to me. it will take the suspense out of CD if we know most of the songs before its released
ben9785
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2006, 12:07:01 AM »

It would make sense if it is one of the leaks that way it's not something completely new and they've managed to get feedback based on the leaks, and also they've played it live..Out of those three songs I think "Better" would be the best single...."I.R.S." might be a bit too repetitive in parts..and "There Was A Time"....in no way is it a bad song I fuckin love it...But it would be a better 2nd or 3rd single because it's alot more dramatic, a bit more of a ballad..a good first single would be one that is a hard hitter with alot more energy and one that kicks you in the head..Hence I think "Better" would be the most appropriate single at this time
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

I still think "better" will not be the 1st single.

Why?
Because in the Land of Nesquick, anything that has Buckethead on it cant be a single.

In the land of Nesquick, the only thing deemed single worthy is a song that only consists of Axl singing and Fortus strumming a guitar....

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2006, 12:20:20 AM »

I still think "better" will not be the 1st single.

Why?
Because in the Land of Nesquick, anything that has Buckethead on it cant be a single.

In the land of Nesquick, the only thing deemed single worthy is a song that only consists of Axl singing and Fortus strumming a guitar....
personally,i think bucket brought something special to the songs we heard him on.but on another note,im glad he left.not sure why though??? supose we will have to wait till the next album to hear wht Ron can bring in

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2006, 12:20:25 AM »

Can someone tell me what the whole "Harley" thing is about with "Better"? ?I was gone for 4 days.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
nonamethe1st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2006, 12:24:56 AM »

Can someone tell me what the whole "Harley" thing is about with "Better"? ?I was gone for 4 days.

Are we allowed to post a link to the harley commercial with Better?  They have pulled it and replaced the song with Paradise City for the time being. 

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 12:34:32 AM »

There was a new Harley commercial put online last Friday which featured Better playing over it. Apparently someone at Harley jumped the gun and it was put online when it wasn't supposed to be yet. That same commercial has now got Paradise City in there for the time being.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:57:19 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 02:06:46 AM »

Back on topic, I have a horrible feeling that if Better is the first single, it will either be a massive success or the biggest flop in music history...I am unsure which.? nervous

That could happen with any Nu-GN'R song. We don't know how the public will react cause it's very different from the classic GN'R - other players, other music style.

I really like Better - but my brother, who was a huge GN'R fan back then (and he still loves the classic band) said it's crap, all of the new songs (except CITR) are much better.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 02:17:22 AM »

Back on topic, I have a horrible feeling that if Better is the first single, it will either be a massive success or the biggest flop in music history...I am unsure which.? nervous

That could happen with any Nu-GN'R song. We don't know how the public will react cause it's very different from the classic GN'R - other players, other music style.

I really like Better - but my brother, who was a huge GN'R fan back then (and he still loves the classic band) said it's crap, all of the new songs (except CITR) are much better.

Your brother said they all suck, except for CITR?

HUH?

CITR is great, but that's probably the most un-GNR song of them all.

Does anyone else think the melody in CITR sounds very very similar to VR's Fall To Pieces? Or is it just me?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:19:24 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 02:25:31 AM »

CITR is great, but that's probably the most un-GNR song of them all.

Does anyone else think the melody in CITR sounds very very similar to VR's Fall To Pieces? Or is it just me?

It's just you.............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: