Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding all the rumors of "Better" being the single  (Read 46150 times)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2006, 08:43:28 PM »

Joe Dirt?Huh?? Umm ok..you mean old?? I'm 38.? ?I guess I'm Joe Dirt.? ? ?rofl
No. ?He means, 1978 Camaro driving, fat girlfriend, redneck fans from the 80's...

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2006, 08:48:04 PM »

Its without a doubt abhor
http://download.yousendit.com/FFBBDDF848D85699

Now who think its avoid now?

I still hear 'avoid', even on the demo and the Donnington Monitor mix.?

Plus it also makes more sense.

How can you hear avoid? And said avoid once live and abhor every other time.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »

Joe Dirt?Huh?  Umm ok..you mean old?  I'm 38.   I guess I'm Joe Dirt.     rofl

i think joe dirts aren't necessarily old, just stuck in a certain notion of what gnr should sound like.  i think these fans are more likely to sport a mullet and stonewashed jeans but i've seen some 13-year-olds wearing that shit.  Shocked

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »

I still hear 'avoid', even on the demo and the Donnington Monitor mix. 

Even in that slowed down clip, I clearly hear 'avoid.' No doubt in my mind really but I think it depends on what you are listening for.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2006, 08:55:45 PM »

I still hear 'avoid', even on the demo and the Donnington Monitor mix.?

Even in that slowed down clip, I clearly hear 'avoid.' No doubt in my mind really but I think it depends on what you are listening for.

I agree i used to always heard avoid until someone said it was abhor then I started hearing that.
Btw did you like the remix

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2006, 08:56:30 PM »

I still hear 'avoid', even on the demo and the Donnington Monitor mix. 

I agree i used to always heard avoid until someone said it was abhor then I started hearing that.
Btw did you like the remix

I did like the remix. Thanks for that. Can't wait for the studio version this week.........*knock on wood.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2006, 10:51:04 PM »

I've loved 'Better' since the first time I heard it, and I've always hoped that it would be the first single. I felt that it should be the first single; of the leaked tracks, 'Better' is the catchiest and hardest rocking, and it has great lyrics, too. Whereas I love all the new leaks, a song like 'TWAT' for instance, which I'm now in love with, took me several listens to fully appreciate. 'Better,' on the the hand, was immediately enjoyable; I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks; I'd walk around singing "No one ever told me when I was alone, they just thought I'd know better, better," or I'd be singing the chorus. I don't understand the bitching about the intro, because I love the intro. I think it's so cool; and Finck's guitar playing at the very beginning could very easily go on to be as recognizable as 'Sweet Child O' Mine' or 'Paradise City.' Okay, that's probably not likely, but I do think it's just as recognizable once you've listened to the song a few times. The whole song is very unique; it's unlike anything I've heard before. I think I've probably watched the Rock Am Ring performance of 'Better' like 100 times. I get chills each time I hear Axl scream "I NEVER WANTED YOU TO BE SO FULL OF ANGER!"

I'm also glad that the first single is one of the leaked tracks, because like someone else said, I want the rest of the CD to be a mystery when I get it.

And, I never thought about this until now, but maybe this is also a statement from Axl to the world, saying that this GNR is 'better' than the old GNR.

Here Today . . .
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2006, 10:57:36 PM »

"Better" is the BEST of the new songs, along with Madagascar.  This will be the PERFECT single.  I've played it to SEVERAL people and they all love it.  Just can't wait for the public response.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2006, 10:59:00 PM »

all the people ive played it to love it, no lie. some are reagetton fans.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2006, 11:01:29 PM »

I believe a songs greatness is based on the vocal melody over guitars/instruments or whatever.  Axl's melody with Robin's guitar and hopefully Bucket's short shredding session is perfect for this song.  It has every element you need for a single.  Perfect pick.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2006, 11:18:12 PM »

Better is an amazing track. Its a great choice for the single. Its got a lot of cool elements. And it all works. If the album has 2-3 other songs on par with Better combined with what we have already hear, CD will be better than the Illusions by a lot and will blow anything out there away....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »

Better is an amazing track. Its a great choice for the single. Its got a lot of cool elements. And it all works. If the album has 2-3 other songs on par with Better combined with what we have already hear, CD will be better than the Illusions by a lot and will blow anything out there away....

CD is already better than AFD.

Chin Dem > out to get me
Better > rocketqueen
IRS > anything goes
Blues > think about you
Madagascar > You're crazy
Catcher in the rye > my michelle
TWAT > night train

PS
Booker for this post read my sig? ok
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 11:52:00 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2006, 12:33:24 AM »

dave how can you say its better than AFD when you havnt even heard the album yet? AFD is a timeless album that very few can top. I seriously doubt that CD will be able to capture the RAW ENERGY of AFD.

CD can be an all time classic? but lets not put it on that list yet....

AFD and CD are 2 different types of albums. You cant compare each others songs head to head like that.

Thus far CD had produced 1 anthem type song whereas AFD produced 2{WTTJ and PC}

The other you cant compare because they are more Illusion type songs than AFD type
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:38:05 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2006, 12:40:19 AM »

dave how can you say its better than AFD when you havnt even heard the album yet? AFD is a timeless album that very few can top. I seriously doubt that CD will be able to capture the RAW ENERGY of AFD.

CD can be an all time classic? but lets not put it on that list yet....

AFD and CD are 2 different types of albums. You cant compare each others songs head to head like that.

Thus far CD had produced 1 anthem type song whereas AFD produced 2{WTTJ and PC}

The other you cant compare because they are more Illusion type songs than AFD type

So you disagree with the CD songs I think are better than the AFD songs?
I disagree.
Will a song on CD be bigger than SCOM, WTTJ or PC probably not but that doesnt mean on the whole CD isnt gonna be better

Anyways getting back on top.
I would take Better over most of the songs on AFD with the exception of the three I just named.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:44:19 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2006, 12:44:06 AM »

No, I agree some CD songs are better than AFD songs. The point is that as an albuma s a whole, AFD is on an elite level. The album as a whole made it that way.

Cd can go down as one of the greatest albums of all time, and I think it iwll, but to say its better than AFD right now is insane.

you cant compare TWAT to TAB, or Madagascar to Anything goes..etc...thats nuts. They are 2 completely different kinds of albums.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2006, 12:49:09 AM »

No, I agree some CD songs are better than AFD songs. The point is that as an albuma s a whole, AFD is on an elite level. The album as a whole made it that way.

Cd can go down as one of the greatest albums of all time, and I think it iwll, but to say its better than AFD right now is insane.

you cant compare TWAT to TAB, or Madagascar to Anything goes..etc...thats nuts. They are 2 completely different kinds of albums.

The UYI combined are better than AFD, I dont see your point.
Better is also better than a lotof the songs on the UYIs.
Better is probably in the top 20 gnr tracks ever.
Better could be a big hit.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »

Is there a reason that a single hasn't been released yet?  Merck has already said more than once to the press that the album is coming out this year.  I understand they don't want the public to hear any more unreleased songs but they could easily release Better or IRS as a viable single at this point as these songs have both been available to the public for months.  Release single and put it up on iTunes, I don't see what harm releasing IRS or Better at this point would do even without a video
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2006, 12:52:56 AM »

^^I  hear ya. A single needs to drop ASAP. The shows are not selling out, and new material might help that.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2006, 12:54:36 AM »

Is there a reason that a single hasn't been released yet?? Merck has already said more than once to the press that the album is coming out this year.? I understand they don't want the public to hear any more unreleased songs but they could easily release Better or IRS as a viable single at this point as these songs have both been available to the public for months.? Release single and put it up on iTunes, I don't see what harm releasing IRS or Better at this point would do even without a video

I think the single is gonna be release when that Harely ad drops. And that ad is gonna drop late Oct which is now. So I think we will get an offical single anytime now

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2006, 12:56:43 AM »

^^I  hear ya. A single needs to drop ASAP. The shows are not selling out, and new material might help that.

Yeah they are touring in support of the album if the public actually heard a new, official Guns N Roses single on the radio nationwide and not just the few stations here and there it would be a big help when it comes to selling tickets
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: