Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 49558 times)
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »

lets see...be a member of Guns N Roses or play with Buckethead in a meaningless band like Praxis.... looks like brain has been taking lessons from Steven Adler on how to flush your life down the toilet

To call Praxis meaningless truly shows some ignorance; they may not be mainstream, but they've got more talent than the current GNR could ever hope to assemble in one spot. You've got two legends in Bernie Worrell and Bill Laswell, who have more creativity and productivity than GNR ever has, plus Brain, who's the most versatile GNR drummer they could hope to have, and Bucket, who as we know can do anything on guitar. Just because they're not popular doesn't make them meaningless. And why is Brain flushing his life down the toilet by playing with a band he's played in longer than GNR?

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2006, 02:56:27 PM »

OK. Brain played with PRAXIS yesterday and some are happy and some unhappy about this. According to management & Dizzy he is still in GNR as Frank is. He is a new father and that is why he is away from this leg of NA tour. We might or we might not see him behind the drums. GNR are cool with that and respect his decision.

Isn't it a time to move on? There are already threads about your favourit drummer, guitar player and so on. This one doesn't need to turn into one. Especially not into GNR vs PRAXIS one...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 02:58:21 PM by velimir » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2006, 02:56:49 PM »

lets see...be a member of Guns N Roses or play with Buckethead in a meaningless band like Praxis.... looks like brain has been taking lessons from Steven Adler on how to flush your life down the toilet

To call Praxis meaningless truly shows some ignorance; they may not be mainstream, but they've got more talent than the current GNR could ever hope to assemble in one spot. You've got two legends in Bernie Worrell and Bill Laswell, who have more creativity and productivity than GNR ever has, plus Brain, who's the most versatile GNR drummer they could hope to have, and Bucket, who as we know can do anything on guitar. Just because they're not popular doesn't make them meaningless. And why is Brain flushing his life down the toilet by playing with a band he's played in longer than GNR?

While you got some good points, it's time to put the Buckethead glasses off. You and me might think that Mr. KFC is one of the greatest guitarplayers out there and has made some amazing music. However, most people, GN'R fans included, don't. It's not too difficult to imagine that the kind of music they make and the kind of impact they have feels like a waste to alot of people compared to being in a band like GN'R.

But enough of that. Just trying to merge the black and white a little.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

Saul, great photos from yesterday...The 12 minutes or so they actually showed was outstanding!  I'm gonna hop on your site now and see if anyone has recorded it
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2006, 02:59:47 PM »

Praxis and GNR are both amazing bands.  Keep it at that.  Maybe Brain lives in Vegas now?  No one knows, there's so many variables.  Doesn't necessarily mean he's out of the band.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2006, 03:08:49 PM »

this is in response to all these Praxis fanactics on a GNR MESSAGE BOARD...do you want to know why I called Praxis meaningless?? because they write crap songs...I hate bands like Praxis and Dream Theater who can play their asses off but have no feeling and not the slightest idea how to write a song..as Kurt Cobain has showed writing songs is more important being a phenomenal musician...what is the point if you dont have the creativity to back it up?? ?Sometimes you have incredible talent and the ability to write songs...for example ZakK Wylde owns Buckethead.... Zakk is a sick guitarist and has written some of the greatest epics in metal...(no more tears, mama im coming home etc...) ?you guys can call me ignorant all you want...but i still think Praxis is meaningless compared to GNR..and anyone who doesnt agree...why are you even here?Huh? when Praxis writes a song that is as good as one of GNR's b sides, come talk to me.....
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2006, 03:13:33 PM »

this is in response to all these Praxis fanactics on a GNR MESSAGE BOARD...do you want to know why I called Praxis meaningless?? because they write crap songs...I hate bands like Praxis and Dream Theater who can play their asses off but have no feeling and not the slightest idea how to write a song..as Kurt Cobain has showed writing songs is more important being a phenomenal musician...what is the point if you dont have the creativity to back it up?? ?Sometimes you have incredible talent and the ability to write songs...for example ZakK Wylde owns Buckethead.... Zakk is a sick guitarist and has written some of the greatest epics in metal...(no more tears, mama im coming home etc...) ?you guys can call me ignorant all you want...but i still think Praxis is meaningless compared to GNR..and anyone who doesnt agree...why are you even here?Huh? when Praxis writes a song that is as good as one of GNR's b sides, come talk to me.....

I feel sorry for you. Please don't tell anybody that you are GN'R fan.

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »

rofl

Lol, the only thing you do is holding your own taste in music as a fact to shamelessly discredit other music. Music is art and art is all about interpretation, emotion is a subjective internal experience; Just because you and your one-dimensional mainstream taste can't appreciate it, doesn't mean it isn't there or inferior to GNR. Stop complaining like a little girl about people who are merely responding to your provocative nonsense. Tone down the ignorance if you don't like people responding to you.

-PEACE-

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2006, 03:21:45 PM »

Saul, great photos from yesterday...The 12 minutes or so they actually showed was outstanding!  I'm gonna hop on your site now and see if anyone has recorded it

let me know what username you signed up with and I'll approve your account right away.  ok

Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2006, 03:24:59 PM »

rofl

Lol, the only thing you do is holding your own taste in music as a fact to shamelessly discredit other music. Music is art and art is all about interpretation, emotion is a subjective internal experience; Just because you and your one-dimensional mainstream taste can't appreciate it, doesn't mean it isn't there or inferior to GNR. Stop complaining like a little girl about people who are merely responding to your provocative nonsense. Tone down the ignorance if you don't like people responding to you.

-PEACE-

yeah

im not a huge praxis fan but i can recognise the great musical talent in evidence

for example look at the "1999 demos" and compare them to the "2002 demos"
it doesnt take a genius to see what buckethead has added to chinese democracy

praxis dont see writing a chart-topping success as the ultimate goal
theyre content just making the musical style they have
whether anyone likes it is down to personal taste
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2006, 03:28:40 PM »

Zakk Wylde is meaningless compared to Buckethead.  yes
DemocracyRose
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2006, 03:34:36 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

When I asked Merck why Brain had time to play with Praxis and not GNR, he replied:

"There is a distinct difference between being on tour for 6 months and doing a
gig an hour away from home."

Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »

Zakk Wylde is meaningless compared to Buckethead.? yes

Agree. And i'm big Ozzy fan peace

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2006, 03:37:04 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

When I asked Merck why Brain had time to play with Praxis and not GNR, he replied:

I honestly cant believe she bothered Merck with something as trivial as this. wow.  Roll Eyes

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2006, 03:39:03 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

I honestly cant believe she bothered Merck with something as trivial as this. wow.? Roll Eyes

Calm down, at least we know what happened.
Edrose
Headliner

black sheep are the new dolphins...

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

I honestly cant believe she bothered Merck with something as trivial as this. wow.? Roll Eyes

its getting ridiculous how many people have started emailing the guy

leave it to the various admin from each forum to email him if its that important

we dont need everyone bothering the guy while hes sorting out a tour and album release
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »

all this news does for me is make me further curious about what the mood was surrounding Bucket's departure, as he and Brain are supposedly close, i always wondered what it was like. just overly curious though.
and hey, if Izzy can get on stage with this band, then i think Brain can play a gig with Praxis. i think its cool the way the talent in GNR seems to respect eachother.

also, can someone help me out with info about Frank?
i don't know anything about him, never seen them with him. what has he done in the past? things like that. i assume there was discussion about him somewhere i missed. thanks.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »

Well, it's not like Merck has got alot to do these days. If he has, it certainly don't show. That e-mail being exhibit # 1.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

I honestly cant believe she bothered Merck with something as trivial as this. wow.  Roll Eyes

Yeah , cause we didnt know what happened before she emailed Merck?  Roll Eyes  Did anyone really believe Brain had just up and quit GNR cause he did one show with Praxis? Wow. Just wow.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2006, 03:52:45 PM »

mygnrforum.com (madison)

Yeah , cause we didnt know what happened before she emailed Merck?  Roll Eyes  Did anyone really believe Brain had just up and quit GNR cause he did one show with Praxis? Wow. Just wow.

Some people just lack what is called COMMON SENSE. It's that simple. OUCH, I just cut my finger. I need to email Merck and see if I should use a band aid or not.

EDIT:  Polluxlm, If you think Merck isn't busy these days, you're crazy. Why because an album isn't out yet?? You don't think Merck is kept busy all the time by Axl?? GN'R are on tour right now, "but Merck isn't really busy these days." Who cares if he answered an email, maybe he did it to get people to SHUT THE FUCK UP about Brain playing one show with Praxis??
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 03:55:54 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: