Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 49583 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »

I'm sure I'll get the 'hater' sticker for sayin' this but your example proves what the so called 'haters' or in reality the non-blinded-Axl-worshippers say. The restaurants will be doing good without you. If you are there, it's great, you work well and help them out. If you're not - then it's okay, they'll find someone else to do the job. Brain's presence is not essentail in the band and like you pointed out in your post: you and Brain are employees. Replecable and 'out-of-the-loop', other people decide the main things. No biggie, Brain can do a good job when he is on board, but the show can go on without him and nobody notice that he's not there, only a few Internet die-hards.

Actually my point was that I am sure Axl , and GNR are not gonna hold it against him for doin stuff outside, see in my job Im only a waiter, and my job is to keep guest happy, Im not in management where if I worked for 2 companies that would be a serious ethical breach. BUt this is music, and Brain is a drummer, who has always been doin his thing, see this is why I would like to wait till CD comes out. I would find this only a problem if Brain is contributed to the writting process. And if so then there has to have been a clause or some agreement that would allow him to do anything outside GNR, while GNR are actually doin something. As for me, like I said Im just a waiter, basically a self contractor, people pay my salary not the "job".

If you called in sick at one restaurant and then worked at another, if word got back to the first one, you'd be fired. That's all.

that I agree with
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:19:21 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2006, 09:18:06 AM »

to me it is pretty simple:

Brain should choose his priorities.
If he chose to stay at home with his family and that is fine with GNR = i think it is very cool
BUT if he chose to stay at homr and playing gigs with whomever instead (even if it is a one off gig) = something is wrong in pardise....

Sorry, but that is not thew way it should be

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2006, 09:23:40 AM »

As long as GN'R are happy with this (thats if he is still in the band), thats fine with me, and should be fine with all of you.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »

For all we know, this show with Praxis could have been scheduled a long time ago. Also, playing 1 show that is like an hour from home (by plane) is a whole lot different than being on the road for months on end. If Axl's cool with it, why are some of you acting like such pricks? Just so you have something else to bitch and moan about? Cry Cry Cry me a river....

Seems to me his priorities ARE straight. Let's see, he chooses to stay at home with his wife and child- a child he helped create. Any decent parent knows, that first year is one you don't wanna miss. Ever think maybe he doesn't want to be gone for months on end, only to return home and have his kid not know who the fuck he is?Some things are more importnant than Guns N Fuckin Roses, and if you can't realize that, you need to get your head out of your ass and get back in touch with reality. For all we know, he could've had his family at this show with him. God forbid Brain agree to play a show with guys he's been friends with for 10+ years while he has time off. 1 weekend vs who knows how many months.

Obviously Axl knew about all of this all along, why else was Frank hired?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:57:35 AM by 1badapple » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2006, 09:43:14 AM »

You dont know why he played the show last night or why he isnt on tour with gnr. Untill we are told STOP speculating, you're just going to make the situation alot worse then it could be/is.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2006, 09:44:52 AM »

This has to be the strangest thread title ever.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »

I was there, good show, Tom Petty rocked

Axl is God.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2006, 10:04:05 AM »

i also would prefer brain to play with gn'r because he has such a uniqe drumming style which i find really interesting! and i agree that frank was off sometimes during europe when he first joined gn'r, but remember, he had TWO fuckin' soundchecks of practice before he was thrown to the lions. C'mon people, the man can play! AND he will get better and better for every show!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2006, 10:51:44 AM »

Like I said, if Brain plays with gnr when they hit Cali and Reno then all is forgiven but if he doesnt, then I wonder if the people claiming its ok are going to chance their tune. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2006, 10:59:24 AM »

Fuck It, Frank Plays the YCBM intro louder any way.
Annie
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2006, 11:03:54 AM »

Personally I think this is a positive thing. Maybe Axl and Buckethead have made peace and Axl knows how important Brain and Bucket's friendship is and he let him go to a few shows since Frank is capable of filling in. Feel the Love people!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 11:04:34 AM »

I like brain, the best drummer IMO GNR has ever had.

But if he calls out  from GNR & plays with someone else, thats Moonlighting basicly.

we'll see if he plays more shows.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

Fuck It, Frank Plays the YCBM intro louder any way.

YEAH!

I think Frank suits the old material better. And he's better on better too ?yes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2006, 11:06:38 AM »

Like I said, if Brain plays with gnr when they hit Cali and Reno then all is forgiven but if he doesnt, then I wonder if the people claiming its ok are going to chance their tune. 

who the hell do you think you are .. axl? A member of gnr?  Roll Eyes

Brain played Vegoose and rocked Vegoose with Praxis. Why? Cause he has time off from GNR , it was a one off show with some of his best friends in a band that he's been a part of for many many years. It was a show that has been scheduled for quite some time and thankfully he was able to attend and indeed had the blessing of those who "pay the bills" ... lol

Everyday it seems you all are just looking for more AND more uneeded drama by looking too fucking deep into the most simple of situations. Whats next? Where does it end for some of you? This isnt the da vinci code ... it isnt some big whodunit mystery. It's a fucking rock band on tour about to release an album.

Brain is a member of GNR , right now he's getting some much deserved time off. But that doesnt mean he has to hide in house handcuffed to his newborn 24/7.

Besides , is WORSE came to worse .. gnr has a very capable drummer in frank who obviously is more then happy to be where he is.

p.s. , gnfnr2k (dave) ... I'll pass the message on to brain that if he drums with GNR in Cali and Reno that he will be "forgiven" by you personally. I'm sure that will get him motivated to jump right up there!  ok

"forgiven" .....  hahahahahahahaha  rofl classic.

and peace to those who live with a slight bit of sanity.  peace

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2006, 11:10:18 AM »

You dont know why he played the show last night or why he isnt on tour with gnr. Untill we are told STOP speculating, you're just going to make the situation alot worse then it could be/is.

we're not going to be told anything .. and why should we? It's none of our buisness. Atleast I dont feel it's any of mine. I'm sure I wont be emailing merck to ask whats up , unlike a bunch messageboard journalists we have here.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »

Back in the day if Slash wasn't on guitar for the first few shows people would ask why, man.

When Adler was out with the arm people knew why. Cinderella's drummer (or whoever it was) just didn't pop up behind the kit with no explanation.

That being said, I don't wanna know myself. Take a long long well deserved break Brain.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:16:34 AM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2006, 11:24:15 AM »

Back in the day if Slash wasn't on guitar for the first few shows people would ask why, man.

When Adler was out with the arm people knew why. Cinderella's drummer (or whoever it was) just didn't pop up behind the kit with no explanation.

That being said, I don't wanna know myself. Take a long long well deserved break Brain.

for the love of god .. just 2 days ago Mysteron posted a thread saying Brain has time off becuse of the newborn. Jarmo has posted the same and also Jarmo has posted that managment has TOLD him BOTH Frank and Brain are members of GNR. What more do people need , Brain to come to their house and change their diapers and tuck them in the crib just to prove he's really a father? Do they need a photocopy of his contract with GNR just to prove he's a really a member?

Brain played one show , a short 45 minute set , close to home , with some very close friends who he probably hardly ever see's these days in one of his first bands. Yeah , shame on you Mr.Mantia. Shame on you!

gnfnr2k might forgive him but I never will. Never ever ever.  Roll Eyes  Guns are ruined because of this. The sky is falling and all that jazz.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »

Since when does a band member need certain fans' approval of who they play with, when and where?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »

leave it alone people.
we are to early in to the tour to worry about this.
what's important is that we have a substitue, brain is still in the band, and the tour is still on (with only 2 shows rescheudled).

If brain doesnt play a single show before the album gets released than I'll be a little mad, but so far I think its as usual.

this only proves that the band could have played the 2004 RIR4, but there just wasnt enough will to do it, since everybody in the band can be replaced in a short notice, just as brain was replaced in just a few weeks time, and bumblefoot joined the band only 10 days before the may shows, so could have buckethead been replaced in 2004, with moths to spare, since he left the ?band 2-3 months prior to the show.

did anyone think of the possibility that the first 2 shows were rescheudled because of brain taking the time off?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2006, 11:35:04 AM »

but this isnt back i the day. and brain isnt steven, and he certainly isnt slash.

theres different strokes for different follks (particularly whereas drummrs are concerned) and the fact that brain isnt there really means fuck all. people are there (concerts) firstly for the tunes and secondly for axl. i'd be shocked if anyone bar brains mother returned their ticket because the drummer they wanted isnt playing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: