Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAIN is at VEGOOSE w/ Praxis  (Read 49575 times)
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »

Remember when the speculation started that Buckethead had left the band. ?Merck also said then the Buckethead was still in the band. ?Then look what happen. ?That is why there is so much uncertainity with Brain situation. ?It's the Buckethead situation all over again. ?Bottom line, I don't trust what Merck says unless it is in an official press release.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2006, 11:40:17 AM »

leave it alone people.
we are to early in to the tour to worry about this.
what's important is that we have a substitue, brain is still in the band, and the tour is still on (with only 2 shows rescheudled).

If brain doesnt play a single show before the album gets released than I'll be a little mad, but so far I think its as usual.

this only proves that the band could have played the 2004 RIR4, but there just wasnt enough will to do it, since everybody in the band can be replaced in a short notice, just as brain was replaced in just a few weeks time, and bumblefoot joined the band only 10 days before the may shows, so could have buckethead been replaced in 2004, with moths to spare, since he left the ?band 2-3 months prior to the show.

did anyone think of the possibility that the first 2 shows were rescheudled because of brain taking the time off?

just for the record I think BBF joined the band much earlier then 10 days before the may shows and also that Frank has played/rehearsed with the band even before may shows.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »

just for the record I think BBF joined the band much earlier then 10 days before the may shows and also that Frank has played/rehearsed with the band even before may shows.
about a month before the show some random guitar player said that he'd been auditioning for GNR.
so even if bbf joined the band sooner than 10 days before the show, it couldnt have been more than a month before.

in 2004 they had 2-3 months to get their act straight.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »

about a month before the show some random guitar player said that he'd been auditioning for GNR.
so even if bbf joined the band sooner than 10 days before the show, it couldnt have been more than a month before.

when I said much earlier I thought more of like 2005.  Tongue ...  peace
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2006, 12:19:12 PM »

You dont know why he played the show last night or why he isnt on tour with gnr. Untill we are told STOP speculating, you're just going to make the situation alot worse then it could be/is.

we're not going to be told anything .. and why should we? It's none of our buisness. Atleast I dont feel it's any of mine. I'm sure I wont be emailing merck to ask whats up , unlike a bunch messageboard journalists we have here.

I didnt mean it like that man, what I meant was for everyone to stop speculating on everything. Its certainly no ones business besides Brain's and the rest of the bands why he isnt on the tour right now.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2006, 12:27:36 PM »

when I said much earlier I thought more of like 2005.? Tongue ...? peace

both Axl and Bumblefoot said that he joined only days before the hamerstein show.
+ there was the bumblefoot/management arguement in 2004.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »

You dont know why he played the show last night or why he isnt on tour with gnr. Untill we are told STOP speculating, you're just going to make the situation alot worse then it could be/is.

we're not going to be told anything .. and why should we? It's none of our buisness. Atleast I dont feel it's any of mine. I'm sure I wont be emailing merck to ask whats up , unlike a bunch messageboard journalists we have here.

I didnt mean it like that man, what I meant was for everyone to stop speculating on everything. Its certainly no ones business besides Brain's and the rest of the bands why he isnt on the tour right now.

that I 1000 % agree on, my comments were not any thing to take away from or try to speculate only relate, and it makes no damn sense to even try to worry about or care . And Im not even trying to go where some will think , bottom line its not our business and when I made a post that was miscontruied
as in my own thing , people want to put it out as there thing, not the case! 
Peaople chill , life will go on.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2006, 01:30:28 PM »

Wow, some of you are assholes. You don't even know anything about the situation, yet you can talk shit about Brain all of a sudden BECAUSE HE PLAYED ONE SHOW WITH PEOPLE HE HAS PLAYED WITH A LOT LONGER THAN GN'R?? Who gives a shit? It's not a fucking world tour. Some of you are unbelievable and the shit you say is so uncalled for. Why do some of you people act like Brain is stabbing you in the back or fucking you over?? It has nothing to do with, so get over it.

Do you have to insult people like that, and then say that the 'shit' we all say is uncalled for?

What we know about the situation is:

a) Brain was supposedly not touring with GNR during this crucial North American jaunt because he wanted/needed to spend time with family
b) He just played a show elsewhere with Praxis

"It's not a fucking world tour" - a European tour was just played. An American tour is in progress. Australia is likely for January.

As someone had already pointed out to you, I was talking about the Praxis show. And I don't think calling people 'assholes' is really an insult. I didn't say "You stupid dumb fuck morons..." I do think and many others here, to call Brain a dickhead or a bitch or whatever they are calling him, is being an asshole because he played ONE SHOW!!  If he goes on a tour with Praxis or anyone else, then you people can talk all the shit you want about him. I just think it's a little unfair to GN'R's drummer, to be talked about negatively for playing a one off show with people he has been playing with for 10 years. That's all. If you took offense to that, I'm sorry. But maybe you should actually think through what has happened and realize it's NOT that big of a deal and shouldn't hurt your feelings that bad.  I'm just trying to stick up for Brain here, because after the guys been in the band for 6 years, you tend to start to be a fan of him. If I'm at fault for sticking up for a member of GN'R on a Guns N' Roses forum, please let me know...

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »

Like I said, if Brain plays with gnr when they hit Cali and Reno then all is forgiven but if he doesnt, then I wonder if the people claiming its ok are going to chance their tune. 

who the hell do you think you are .. axl? A member of gnr?  Roll Eyes

Brain played Vegoose and rocked Vegoose with Praxis. Why? Cause he has time off from GNR , it was a one off show with some of his best friends in a band that he's been a part of for many many years. It was a show that has been scheduled for quite some time and thankfully he was able to attend and indeed had the blessing of those who "pay the bills" ... lol

Everyday it seems you all are just looking for more AND more uneeded drama by looking too fucking deep into the most simple of situations. Whats next? Where does it end for some of you? This isnt the da vinci code ... it isnt some big whodunit mystery. It's a fucking rock band on tour about to release an album.

Brain is a member of GNR , right now he's getting some much deserved time off. But that doesnt mean he has to hide in house handcuffed to his newborn 24/7.

Besides , is WORSE came to worse .. gnr has a very capable drummer in frank who obviously is more then happy to be where he is.

p.s. , gnfnr2k (dave) ... I'll pass the message on to brain that if he drums with GNR in Cali and Reno that he will be "forgiven" by you personally. I'm sure that will get him motivated to jump right up there!  ok

"forgiven" .....  hahahahahahahaha  rofl classic.

and peace to those who live with a slight bit of sanity.  peace

I'm terribly sorry for the double post, but SAUL, you took the words right out of my mouth. I don't understand how people can take this as a personal attack on themselves because he played one show with Praxis. Now he has to "make it up" to people in some way or he'll never be forgiven. Give Brain a fucking break people. Not wanting to tour around the country and playing one show are completely different things. Although Brain is spending time with his family, he probably doesn't want to be stuck in the house ALL THE TIME and can go play a show every once in awhile with his friends if he wants to. HIS ENTIRE LIFE DOES NOT AND NEVER WILL REVOLVE AROUND GN'R.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2006, 01:36:46 PM »

I though Buckethead was on tour with That 1 Guy and Pinchface. Oh well...

EDIT: NEvermind, that tour ended today...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2006, 01:42:32 PM »

lets see...be a member of Guns N Roses or play with Buckethead in a meaningless band like Praxis.... looks like brain has been taking lessons from Steven Adler on how to flush your life down the toilet....i really hope Brain is still in the band, because he is an awesome drummer..and also stuck it out all these years while making the record.... once again to clarify I am NOT bashing on Brain...i just really want him in the band.....also to clarify..yes I was bashing on Adler.....
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »

lets see...be a member of Guns N Roses or play with Buckethead in a meaningless band like Praxis....

If that was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punchline...

Transmutation (Mutatis Mutandis) till this day, is one of the greatest 'instrumental' albums ever made (and heralded as such) with drums provided by Brain. To clarify, yes you are bashing Brain when you refer to such an important aspect of his life as "meaningless". Not everybody has a mainstream driven definition of success in their lives.

-PEACE-

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2006, 02:05:10 PM »

With very few exceptions, all these posts are embarassing.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »

lets see...be a member of Guns N Roses or play with Buckethead in a meaningless band like Praxis.... looks like brain has been taking lessons from Steven Adler on how to flush your life down the toilet....i really hope Brain is still in the band, because he is an awesome drummer..and also stuck it out all these years while making the record.... once again to clarify I am NOT bashing on Brain...i just really want him in the band.....also to clarify..yes I was bashing on Adler.....

Ignorant. Meaningless band like Praxis? Man .. theres so much talent in Praxis it's sickening. Sorry they arent into mainstream music.

anyways ,

The fastest guitar to ever take the stage with GNR! The master!!

The source of all the controversy!!

BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2006, 02:07:04 PM »

those pictures just got me so excited, cause I'm seeing buckethead tonight, fuck yeah.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »

those pictures just got me so excited, cause I'm seeing buckethead tonight, fuck yeah.

dude! write a review of the show and post it over at buckethead.tk!!! And if you snap some pics all the better! Have a great time friend , try and get yourself a toy during the toy giveaway!

BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2006, 02:15:16 PM »

I would get tons of pictures but it is at the house of blues and they are beyond strict with cameras from what I have expeienced so I doubt I'd even get one in there.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »

I would get tons of pictures but it is at the house of blues and they are beyond strict with cameras from what I have expeienced so I doubt I'd even get one in there.

too bad , cause Bucket is supercool about audio and video recordings.

anyways , back on topic .. brain was spot on last nite and totally rocked.  ok

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »

Wow, two ex-members of Guns N' Roses are on stage together! They can call themselves GN'R!  Wink
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »

sorry i gotta take issue with this:

our favorite estranged mate.

now i could give a shit who the drum is - as long as it isnt that dick sorum - and if brain has left then all the better. a band with two drummers is ok, a band with two drummers of whom one is a substitute is pretty lame.
and to put brain on a pedestal as those true gunners who we wont see under the gnr banner is tantamount to blasphemy. my favourite estranged mate (in gnr terms) is izzy. or slash. or duff. or steven. not some drummer who is up bucketheads rear-end.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek...settle down
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: