Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:30:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 37134 times)
Evolution
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2006, 12:11:36 PM »

Frank didn't put a foot wrong in Glasgow.

Let's be thankful the replacement is excellent, and the tour is still going with everybody happy.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2006, 12:12:04 PM »

Oh, and one more thing, Frank looks like a fucking bad-ass.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »

Frank is one bad mother hush your mouth

Brain will come back only if Frank lets him hihi

Seriously, Frank has history with Tommy and Richard. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the band stays.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »

Seriously, Frank has history with Tommy and Richard. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the band stays.

That is a sweet pic and I love the side burns. He does however look like a dude you may not want to fuck with but I'm sure he's a cool guy. Has anyone met Frank at any of the shows he has played this year yet??
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 01:17:19 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2006, 01:03:47 PM »

People may not like it- but Dizzy's message puts it out there for all to see.

One member has decided to put his family first at an important time- band/mgmt. says- "No problem. You're still in if and when you get back." Classy move.

The guy who replaces him- has to step up and man the kit during arguably GN'R's most important tour ever and follow the rather large footsteps of Adler, Sorum, Mantia- and the band says- "Dude- we're not putting you through this as an 'understudy'- welcome aboard- you're one of us." Another classy move.

So... let's let Brain go do his thing.... and get behind Frank. ok

this is one of the reasons this band is the greatest ever
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »

One member has decided to put his family first at an important time- band/mgmt. says- "No problem. You're still in if and when you get back." Classy move.

The guy who replaces him- has to step up and man the kit during arguably GN'R's most important tour ever and follow the rather large footsteps of Adler, Sorum, Mantia- and the band says- "Dude- we're not putting you through this as an 'understudy'- welcome aboard- you're one of us." Another classy move.

That's true.  Imagine Axl 13-15 years ago if this would have happened... He would probably freak the fuck out if anyone wanted to step away from the band for awhile and they would have probably been kicked out and replaced for good. Axl has changed so much since those days and for the better. Honestly, this band feels more like a BAND than GN'R did from probably 1989 or 1990, up until the time when everyone left or were "fired." I hope this group stays together until Axl calls it quits, which is doubtful but wishful thinking.

AND... We should all welcome Frank with open arms to the group. As long as he does his job and does it well, what more can you ask for?? Axl has worked with some of the best drummers in the world (Josh Freese, Brain and some might even say Sorum) and if he thinks Frank is worthy of the spot, he is worthy of the spot. You never know, some of us may end up liking Frank better than Brain and when Brain comes back, I can already see people bitching about it down the road. Oh, I love this band. The drama never fucking ends.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »

I'd be happy with Frank staying.

Hopefully Brain is out.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

I'd be happy with Frank staying.

Hopefully Brain is out.

Once I watch Frank play, I might have a better opinion about it. But right now, I'm happy the way it is.

Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »

I saw frank on drums in both sheffield and manchester on the UK tour.... he has got amazing drumming skills and didnt miss a beat.

He seems to be cheerful and happy bloke and looks asthough he is really enjoying playing with guns

Im happy to have him in the band aslong as he wants to be

CJ
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:17:18 PM by Cjc1706 » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2006, 02:35:55 PM »

That's true.? Imagine Axl 13-15 years ago if this would have happened... He would probably freak the fuck out if anyone wanted to step away from the band for awhile and they would have probably been kicked out and replaced for good. Axl has changed so much since those days and for the better. Honestly, this band feels more like a BAND than GN'R did from probably 1989 or 1990, up until the time when everyone left or were "fired." I hope this group stays together until Axl calls it quits, which is doubtful but wishful thinking.

AND... We should all welcome Frank with open arms to the group. As long as he does his job and does it well, what more can you ask for?? Axl has worked with some of the best drummers in the world (Josh Freese, Brain and some might even say Sorum) and if he thinks Frank is worthy of the spot, he is worthy of the spot. You never know, some of us may end up liking Frank better than Brain and when Brain comes back, I can already see people bitching about it down the road. Oh, I love this band. The drama never fucking ends.

It does seem as if Axl's changed a lot. I think the UYI era was a particularly "hellish" time personally for everyone involved. Axl's problems with Stephanie and losing contact with Dylan are well documented. Slash and Duff were in marriages that fell apart. Izzy quitting for his own sanity. The endless touring, etc. Maybe he's of the opinion now that as important as everything that's going on with the band right now is... there are still a few things more important.

Meanwhile, Frank seems like a great guy- and as pointed out- has history with Richard Fortus from the Furs and Love Spit Love, as well as, toured with Tommy Stinson on his solo tour in '04. I think chemistry is very much intact. Especially since the guys know that Brain is still in too.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

HAHA. I want to see Vince Neil or James Hettfield talk smack about Axl with this guy hanging around! Shocked

Um... you said?

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »

I liked Brain, but I hear that Frank is awesome too. I'm happy to have him in the band.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

Vince Neil: Axl?  Remember what Izzy did 88 at the movie awards?  I'm going to kick your ass!
Axl: FRANK!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »

You know you are a Guns N' Roses fan when the most discussed topic is wether or not the drummer has been replaced when the band is on tour and supposedly plans to release their first album in 15 years.

He's a drummer, do we actually care? How many drummers have there been in this band? 5? 10?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »

Frank's poised to powerbomb someone through the Spanish Announce Table.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »

Vince Neil: Axl?? Remember what Izzy did 88 at the movie awards?? I'm going to kick your ass!

Vince Neil: hey Axl!? Remember what Izzy did 88 at the movie awards?? I'm going to kick your ass!
Axl: oh really, how?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:54:38 PM by cheapjonday » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2006, 02:54:39 PM »

Vince Neil: Axl?? Remember what Izzy did 88 at the movie awards?? I'm going to kick your ass!

Vince Neil: hey Axl!? Remember what Izzy did 88 at the movie awards?? I'm going to kick your ass!
Axl: how?

HAHA. Axl has replaced Brain AND Earl at the same time! peace

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »

Franck is not "better" or "badder" than brain ... HE IS JUST DIFFERENT

IMO He fits very well to GNR ... more than Brain.

Frank is powerfull, alway in a great mood, nice player, he can control the crownd bitween songs .... Really great.

(I ve seen the two drummers : brain @ Paris and frank @ wembley)

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »

I liked Brain, but I hear that Frank is awesome too. I'm happy to have him in the band.

I'm happy to have the band, period, regardless of whose on the drums.  That said, Frank seems like a great guy, and - from those who have seen him playing live - a phenominal talent.  Good for Axl and the band that they have him already in place and ready to go...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »

Look at it this way. Like his style or not, its a good thing he is here because if he wasnt, then the tour could have been cancelled until Brain gets back. That is the last thing this band needs are more cancelled tour dates

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: