Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2024, 09:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228359 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 35009 times)
fixintodie
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »

I like Frank.? Brain always seemed shady IMO with him and bucket being pals and all.

I like Frank purely because when I saw the band (and they actually had some of the big screen cameras on the drums for once), Frank was smiling and actually seemed to be having a great time and enjoying being there, which translated to the crowd. And honestly, maybe drummers can tell the difference but hearing the two, I can't.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2006, 10:12:41 PM »

If asked, IMO Adler would be back in 1 second for the money alone.
With that said, I highly doubt he'd be asked by Axl, even if they are now on better terms
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:08 PM »

I like Frank.  Brain always seemed shady IMO with him and bucket being pals and all.

I like Frank purely because when I saw the band (and they actually had some of the big screen cameras on the drums for once), Frank was smiling and actually seemed to be having a great time and enjoying being there, which translated to the crowd. And honestly, maybe drummers can tell the difference but hearing the two, I can't.

I saw that too, he looks like he's enjoying the fuck out of playing, brain seems to always have a straight look on his face like its just a job.  Him and Fortus are buds? even the better.  My two favorite non Pittman Members right there. 

Not since Adler has a Drummer smiled so much in GNR
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »

So, it doesn't matter who is in the band at all to people here.
Guns N' Roses is not a band.
The fact that people are fine with this change shows just how whipped people here are.

Normal bands can't just change members every ten minutes, with the fans saying "welcome aboard!"

If Brain was a member of the band, he shouldn't just be given the "see ya later!" treatment.

I'm sorry, but this really is starting to feel like the Axl Rose + Band show. I thought the new band could be Guns N' Roses, but it's pretty hard to call them that when you don't even know who's in the band anymore...
This is the 4th lineup since the bands live debut in 2001.

And now that's 2 musicians on Chinese Democracy who aren't in the band anymore.

Let's see if the "10 Tuesdays Left in the year" or whatever it was holds true now...
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2006, 10:28:58 PM »

Bring back Adler and Izzy.

Pitch Fortus and Tommy (keep him around if needed) and Pittman.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2006, 10:32:31 PM »

So, it doesn't matter who is in the band at all to people here.
Guns N' Roses is not a band.
The fact that people are fine with this change shows just how whipped people here are.

Normal bands can't just change members every ten minutes, with the fans saying "welcome aboard!"

If Brain was a member of the band, he shouldn't just be given the "see ya later!" treatment.

I'm sorry, but this really is starting to feel like the Axl Rose + Band show. I thought the new band could be Guns N' Roses, but it's pretty hard to call them that when you don't even know who's in the band anymore...
This is the 4th lineup since the bands live debut in 2001.

And now that's 2 musicians on Chinese Democracy who aren't in the band anymore.

Let's see if the "10 Tuesdays Left in the year" or whatever it was holds true now...

What other major  bands besides Guns have members on contract? Not many , though it would be fun to read something like: "Velvet Revolver are proud to announce the signing of Slash to an exclusive ten year deal"

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »

who knows how accurate this is??

Frank Ferrer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Frank Ferrer is an American rock drummer and session musician. On October 24, 2006, he became an official touring member of Guns N' Roses. According to band management, both Ferrer and drummer Bryan Mantia are official members of the band. Ferrer is also a member of The Psychedelic Furs, as well as, a former member of Love Spit Love. He has recorded and worked with several high profile musicians including The Beautiful, Robi Draco Rosa, and Sarah Clifford

Z
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »

And by the way, in case some of you missed my earlier posts on this thread: Mark my words, this WILL be the excuse for Chinese Democracy not being released this year.

C'mon Danny, so you think you're words were so special that they need to be repeated?? ?They were ridiculous the first time you posted them and now have become pathetic.

If Bumblefoot joining the band did not change anything than Brain leaving, if indeed he has, will not affect the release of the cd.

But, drama queens will be drama queens and you have been just that over the past fews year.......GNR's message board drama queen.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2006, 10:40:19 PM »

Amen Z  ok

As for adler...that junkie was wiped and flushed a long time ago.

It's pretty easy for me to see that both Frank and Brain are in the band.  I'm suprised (well, not really I guess) that some of you haven't put 2 and 2 together.  There's a reason why the RS article wasn't allowed to be mentioned here, there's a reason why the Harley add was pulled, there's a reason why there's been no press release yet, even though a major tour just started.  All of those things are tied to one simple reason:  Respect.  Connect that dots on who and what is trying to be respected.      I'll leave it at that, but I can't believe some of you are so dense. 

I can't wait for your return Brain, some of us get it, I look forward to seeing you rock the house soon.
Z
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »

The worst thing about Brain leaving would be that when CD drops, at least 2 playing members will already have left (Buckethead and himself, if it turns out to be true), which reviewers will jump on and do nothing for the band's credibility.

Credibility?? ?What does credibilty have to do with rock 'n' roll? ?Not one fucking thing!!

The music will speak for itself. ?If cd turns out to be as good as most of us around here feel it will be than it will not matter who the current drummer is.

New fans or returning fans will not hear new music on the radio, love it, then go "Well, who's the drummer?" ?"Oh man there was a guy named Brain who was the drummer but now it's some guy named Frank?!?!?" ?"Aw shucks, this new tune "Better' lost like all credibility 'n' stuff."

Last I heard, jarmo reported that BOTH were in the band and that Brain is absent due to being a new father.

Any of you "know it alls" know whether or not some of the new music may feature 2 drummers in one song?? ?Is it possible that someday they would have 2 drummers on the stage at one time??

Stop whining like little boy band fans. ?I'm sure Ashley Parker Angel has a message board you could roam.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:49:09 PM by Z » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »

If I remember correctly, the last official word from management was that both Brain and Frank are in the band.  Until I hear otherwise, I'm not getting too worked up over "Brain's in / Brain's out..." rumors.  Enough is enough.
Z
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2006, 10:52:36 PM »

If I remember correctly, the last official word from management was that both Brain and Frank are in the band.? Until I hear otherwise, I'm not getting too worked up over "Brain's in / Brain's out..." rumors.? Enough is enough.

EXACTLY.

How about some appreciation for the responses we now receive from band management regarding the constant rumors that pop up around here?

Until further notice, they are both in the band per jarmo via GNR management.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »

i dont care who plays on the damn thing anymore....just put it out!!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:21 PM »

I honestly don't think Brain is permanently REPLACED with Frank. Why would Merck lie and say Brain was still a member if indeed he was gone for good??  He wouldn't. There would be no benefit from it and if Brain did decide to quit the band for good, he wouldn't want people still lying and saying he was part of GN'R. He just had a child and I'm sure he wants some time away from music to spend with his wife and kid. I don't think that's so hard to believe. He's a great fucking drummer and I'm happy he'll be on the album but it's good to have Frank on board for the tour. BTW, if Adler came back to GN'R, it would automatically cut my love for this band in half. I can't stand the guy and there is no way he could handle the job these days. Thank God Axl would NEVER allow that to happen either.

As long as the guitarists don't change anymore and Tommy stays in the band, I'll be happy. This band seems like a BAND now and I would hate for it to ever change anymore than it has. Losing Brain temporarily isn't that big of a deal. He'll be back in the mix in a few months I bet or he'll be ready to tour in early 2007 if "everything" goes as planned up until then.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2006, 10:54:53 PM »

i dont care who plays on the damn thing anymore....just put it out!!!!

Agreed.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »

BLS - off-topic, but just caught a glimpse of that signature...absolutely badass
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »

Fuck Brain and Buckethead...let's move on folks...and Steven Adler, he's lucky to still be breathing, half his face is paralyzed from all the shit he has smoked and shot up...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

If Guns N' Roses want to be seen as a band then yet another lineup change would be more fuel for those who see the current band as 'hired guns'. Yeah sure. Lineup changes haven't hurt GNR's reputation one bit.   Don't make me fall of my chair.

The new story about the tour on the GNR homepage referred to the band as Axl Rose and his latest cast of all-star musicians. I think that "this is a band" ship sailed long ago, as management aren't even playing that angle anymore. It is pretty clear GNR consists of Axl, and whoever shows up on a given night to play behind him. Which is fine, because he is the only reason there is any interest in this project anyway.
fixintodie
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »

Fuck Brain and Buckethead...let's move on folks...and Steven Adler, he's lucky to still be breathing, half his face is paralyzed from all the shit he has smoked and shot up...

I agree, Adler would be hugely out of place now. But let's not forget Brain's departure is far from official, and actively denied despite the myspace thing.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:21 PM »

Sounds like Brain has quit to spend time with his family. I don't think he's coming back if they have completely erased him from the MySpace.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: