Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 12, 2024, 10:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 35901 times)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 09:14:19 PM »

And why not write 'and drummer Frank Ferrer filling in for Brain Mantia who recently became a father' and spare any confusion if that's the case?
Why explain it every time Frank's name comes up?
Brain has more important things to attend to right now, therefore Frank is GNR's official, bona fide, genuine drummer. When Brain comes back the situation would presumably change.

It's not standard procedure to go out of your way to notify the public when an "understudy" is filling in for a regular performer in any sphere of entertainment. KTHXBYE. 
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2006, 09:15:44 PM »

Were people in here fans of the original lineup? What is with the hate for Adler?
Call me crazy but I think Brain will be back. Unless his "contract" is up. As we know most bands have their members on contract so it is possible that Brain has decided to not renew his Roll Eyes
been a fan of the original line up.. but bringing in someone that is battling problems with addiction (same reason he was kicked out) is not healthy for him... or the band... did you ever think about that?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2006, 09:16:59 PM »

And why not write 'and drummer Frank Ferrer filling in for Brain Mantia who recently became a father' and spare any confusion if that's the case?
Why explain it every time Frank's name comes up?
Brain has more important things to attend to right now, therefore Frank is GNR's official, bona fide, genuine drummer. When Brain comes back the situation would presumably change.

It's not standard procedure to go out of your way to notify the public when an "understudy" is filling in for a regular performer in any sphere of entertainment. KTHXBYE. 

Using your way of thinking, there's also no reason why they couldn't announce that Frank is filling in for Brain while he takes some time off with his newborn, if that's the case.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »

So logically, one would have to assume that Brain = out and Frank = in.

In all seriousness, the main reason not to keep mentioning it is to prevent fueling this type of rampant speculation. I'm sure it would only be worse if they had to keep saying "Oh, Brain isn't touring with us right now," and it would be thoroughly disrespectful to Frank to say "but this guy is keeping Brain's seat warm until he returns."

fixintodie
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2006, 09:19:43 PM »

If Frank has been hired to temporarily fill in for Brain, why would it be insulting to say so?

And isn't it more disrespectful to Brain to refer to his 'stand in' as an official member if that's not the case?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:22:43 PM by fixintodie » Logged
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »

If Frank has been hired to temporarily fill in for Brain, why would it be insulting to say so?
Because it marks him as a second-class bandmember. It's like saying "Here's our wonderful drummer Frank, who wouldn't be with us tonight if Brain was here."

Frank being Brain's cover is probably not a temporary thing anyway, I don't think they're going to be calling on other drummers to fill-in when Brain isn't around. Hence, Frank is in the band and it shouldn't be a big surprise when he's behind the kit.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »

Don't forget...Axl referred to Frank as "our newest addition" the other night. That screams new band member to me.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »

Were people in here fans of the original lineup? What is with the hate for Adler?
Call me crazy but I think Brain will be back. Unless his "contract" is up. As we know most bands have their members on contract so it is possible that Brain has decided to not renew his Roll Eyes
been a fan of the original line up.. but bringing in someone that is battling problems with addiction (same reason he was kicked out) is not healthy for him... or the band... did you ever think about that?

And you know that Steve is still going through that because......? Maybe he is ok now.
I was saying that if Brain, HAD to be replaced, I would prefer Adler.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »

Don't forget...Axl referred to Frank as "our newest addition" the other night. That screams new band member to me.
He is the newest band member, as far as we know.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »

just something i kinda noticed from watching some of the european gigs

when frank is behind the kit, richard and robin seem to spend more time next to the drumkit.   Maybe the chemistry is a little better.

Brain is my very favorite drummer tho and I hope to see him back sometime.
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 09:31:59 PM »

Maybe the chemistry is a little better.

Well, Frank and Richard were both in Love Spit Love. And the Psychedelic Furs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:34:13 PM by 25 » Logged
fixintodie
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »

Because it marks him as a second-class bandmember. It's like saying "Here's our wonderful drummer Frank, who wouldn't be with us tonight if Brain was here."

Frank being Brain's cover is probably not a temporary thing anyway, I don't think they're going to be calling on other drummers to fill-in when Brain isn't around. Hence, Frank is in the band and it shouldn't be a big surprise when he's behind the kit.

So calling an understudy in a play an understudy and not a star of equal calibre would be insulting too? Stand in members are not 'in the band', they're stand in members. That's crap dude, Axl more than once referred to Frank during the European tour as 'filling in for Brain' during the band intros. If this was still the case Frank would have to be an oversensitive pussy who didn't know what he'd been hired to do, to be insulted by being called a stand in member. Something tells me this isn't the case. ?peace
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:36:14 PM by fixintodie » Logged
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 09:37:02 PM »

Axl more than once referred to Frank during the European tour as 'filling in for Brain' during the band intros. If this was still the case Frank would have to be an oversensitive pussy who didn't know what he'd been hired to do, to be insulted by being called a stand in member. Something tells me this isn't the case.  peace
You're right, it isn't the case. Because Brain is unavailable for (presumably) an extended period of time. Knowing this, the band cunningly made Frank a  member of the band so that they'd, you know, have a drummer at these shows.

What's the difference between being an understudy and an actual band member? You decide.
fixintodie
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2006, 09:38:38 PM »

Axl more than once referred to Frank during the European tour as 'filling in for Brain' during the band intros. If this was still the case Frank would have to be an oversensitive pussy who didn't know what he'd been hired to do, to be insulted by being called a stand in member. Something tells me this isn't the case.? peace
You're right, it isn't the case. Because Brain is unavailable for (presumably) an extended period of time. Knowing this, the band cunningly made Frank a? member of the band so that they'd, you know, have a drummer at these shows.

What's the difference between being an understudy and an actual band member? You decide.

An understudy is immediately replaced when the actual band member is fit & well/able to resume duties. I'd think the difference was pretty damn clear.
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:30 PM »

Axl more than once referred to Frank during the European tour as 'filling in for Brain' during the band intros. If this was still the case Frank would have to be an oversensitive pussy who didn't know what he'd been hired to do, to be insulted by being called a stand in member. Something tells me this isn't the case.  peace
You're right, it isn't the case. Because Brain is unavailable for (presumably) an extended period of time. Knowing this, the band cunningly made Frank a  member of the band so that they'd, you know, have a drummer at these shows.

An understudy is immediately replaced when the actual band member is fit & well/able to resume duties. I'd think the difference was pretty damn clear.
No-one's arguing that point :p
I think that, in this case, the correct answer is "fat pay raise."
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2006, 09:49:21 PM »

I like Frank.  Brain always seemed shady IMO with him and bucket being pals and all.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 09:54:34 PM »

I like Frank.  Brain always seemed shady IMO with him and bucket being pals and all.

how does being pals with bucket make him shady?

he didn't leave when bucket left, he stayed loyal to the project.   And I really think his loyalty is still there, he just wants to spend some time with the family.
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 09:57:21 PM »

Brain always seemed shady IMO with him and bucket being pals and all.

That's something to worry about.  Roll Eyes
Could you worry twice as hard? Because I can't be bothered.

I love the fans that are lurking in the corners with the long knives drawn, waiting for the signal to strike.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 09:57:36 PM »

oh well, big deal so what gnr lost another drummer who they conveniently had a minute man replacement for.... lets just hope he wasn't close enough to anyone in the band to start a chain reaction of members leaving like that shit that happened back in the day

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »

Adler said he wouldn't come back unless it was The Five, but come on... GNR needs you Steven!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: