Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 12, 2024, 10:59:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228436 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 35906 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 08:56:20 PM »

If brian really is gone then bring in Adler, please please please,
Adler + Pitman= badassness
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »

I actually think its cool that GnR has a huge black guy in the band now.? peace

so, he can be the security guard too!

haha

he is a big fucker though. weighs like god damn 250 punds from what it looks like

http://lundissimo.info/imgs/rockcandy/030402/pages/RC-19.htm

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:57 PM »

Frank is way more comptent on the drums than Adler anyways.

Check out the UK DVD by GNROSAS.   

If Brain never comes back that will suck Sad  But Frank is cool too.  peace
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »

I actually think its cool that GnR has a huge black guy in the band now.

Yeah...because it matters what race the guy is.

No, not to most, but it certainly matters what look he's got. And being big and black, I would say brings a certain look.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 09:00:10 PM »

Does anyone  think that the myspace page is going to be leading the way in exposing double-secret GNR backstage politics?

How about the official site? "Frontman Axl Rose will be joined by rock 'n' roll all-stars including former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and former Primus drummer Brian Mantia for the U.S. tour" Oooooh, dueling websources!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 09:01:55 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061025&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Rose and his new lineup -- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer ?- tore through a more-than-two-hour set that included most of GN'R's classics plus a handful of eagerly anticipated new classics.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

THIS GUY? Are you sure about that?

If Adler joins the band, he's going to have to wear the remedial toque. Ron had to wear it. Steven has to wear it. Until that hair is either corrected or grown out to an acceptable length, it's gotta be out of sight, out of mind.

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
bDinan
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »

Hey, I didn't say anything racist... since when is stating that is is "cool" that GnR has a black guy in the band racist. I think Frank is a good drummer... I like Brain though, and hope he isn't out.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 09:04:07 PM »

Does anyone? think that the myspace page is going to be leading the way in exposing double-secret GNR backstage politics?

How about the official site? "Frontman Axl Rose will be joined by rock 'n' roll all-stars including former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck and former Primus drummer Brian Mantia for the U.S. tour" Oooooh, dueling websources!

Was thinking the same thing myself. Why go to Tom Clancy and Dan Brown when we have all we need in this band. A movie just has to be made about all of this.

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 09:05:07 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061025&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Rose and his new lineup -- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer ?- tore through a more-than-two-hour set that included most of GN'R's classics plus a handful of eagerly anticipated new classics.

Yes, that's a write-up of a show. Frank played the drums, so he gets credited. It wouldn't make much sense to insist that Brain played that night, would it?
fixintodie
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 09:05:23 PM »

The worst thing about Brain leaving would be that when CD drops, at least 2 playing members will already have left (Buckethead and himself, if it turns out to be true), which reviewers will jump on and do nothing for the band's credibility.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 09:06:36 PM »

Yes, that's a write-up of a show. Frank played the drums, so he gets credited. It wouldn't make much sense to insist that Brain played that night, would it?

Rose and his new lineup
-- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer

Sounds to me like its crediting Frank as a full-fledged band member..

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

THIS GUY? Are you sure about that?

If Adler joins the band, he's going to have to wear the remedial toque. Ron had to wear it. Steven has to wear it. Until that hair is either corrected or grown out to an acceptable length, it's gotta be out of sight, out of mind.

ROFL rofl rofl rofl

Maybe The Stones got an open spot for him. Certainly got the look.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 09:08:13 PM »

The worst thing about Brain leaving would be that when CD drops, at least 2 playing members will already have left (Buckethead and himself, if it turns out to be true), which reviewers will jump on and do nothing for the band's credibility.

don't you realize the core of this lineup anyways is Axl/Robin/Tommy/Dizzy?   Most of these songs we've heard so far were probably written before Fortus, Brain, and definitely Bumblefoot were even in the picture.   Those 4 have been working on this for almost a decade.   
fixintodie
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »

Rose and his new lineup
-- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer

And why not write 'and drummer Frank Ferrer filling in for Brain Mantia who recently became a father' and spare any confusion if that's the case?
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 09:09:52 PM »

He is a member of GNR.   
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 09:10:47 PM »

Maybe he decided to leave a while ago, perhaps during or before Europe, so they got Frank, and Brain continued with the band until Frank knew all the songs, etc...?

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2006, 09:11:13 PM »

Yawn.  Tongue
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »

He is a member of GNR.   

Exactly - but it makes no mention that he's filling in for Brain.

So logically, one would have to assume that Brain = out and Frank = in.

Also - this is my 1,000th post - only took me 4 years!  Shocked

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »

Were people in here fans of the original lineup? What is with the hate for Adler?
Call me crazy but I think Brain will be back. Unless his "contract" is up. As we know most bands have their members on contract so it is possible that Brain has decided to not renew his Roll Eyes

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: