Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 33898 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »

Look at it this way. Like his style or not, its a good thing he is here because if he wasnt, then the tour could have been cancelled until Brain gets back.

yeah exactly

and like MrBrOwNsToNeR said, Franck is not "better" or "badder" than brain ... he has a different style

it's all about personal taste, he got skills, or else he wouldn't have been in gn'r
fixintodie
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2006, 06:35:46 PM »

It's ok, I still enjoy reading all those pages of reasons WHY brain MUST have left the band in this thread.

Where were they?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2006, 07:13:49 PM »

seen the band with frank and brain too...

i m really happy ... brain sux a lot.
These types of posts are really pathetic. As soon as a member leaves(or is rumoured to leave), all of a sudden certain people say they suck, never liked them,etc. First, Paul Huge is supposedly out of the picture. People hate him. Then Buckethead. People hate him. Now you hate Brain.

Sounds to me like you hate Chinese Democracy.

MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

These types of posts are really pathetic. As soon as a member leaves(or is rumoured to leave), all of a sudden certain people say they suck, never liked them,etc. First, Paul Huge is supposedly out of the picture. People hate him. Then Buckethead. People hate him. Now you hate Brain.

I still like buckethead ... I like Frak Ferrer since he joined GNR.

Never liked Brain. NEVER.

this guy doesn't fit GNR. and please dont think that you know everything about everybody here. You really don't know my opinion ...

here is my opinion:

Franck is not "better" or "badder" than brain ... HE IS JUST DIFFERENT

IMO He fits very well to GNR ... more than Brain.

Frank is powerfull, alway in a great mood, nice player, he can control the crownd bitween songs .... Really great.

(I ve seen the two drummers : brain @ Paris and frank @ wembley)

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 07:31:12 PM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2006, 07:32:37 PM »

It's ok, I still enjoy reading all those pages of reasons WHY brain MUST have left the band in this thread.

Where were they?

Maybe I worded that wrong... Maybe I should have used the word 'how' in place of WHY?? A lot of people in this thread were so sure that Brain left and some were even happy about it, but then the Dizzy comment happens and the same people are like, "I knew he didn't quit the band. I was just joking around before. I don't hate him either (In my best smart ass voice)." Obviously that wasn't said, but I'm just pointing out how stupid people can be at times, especially people that think they know everything and are SO SURE about what happened, when they in fact don't know shit about the situation. It would have turned into the same thing that happened when Buckethead left the band. So many of us liked the guy but when he quit, people started talking so much shit about him. Or when Bumblefoot was rumored to be in the band. At first that was such a negative thought and people hated it, but once he was in the band, everyone loved the guy. It's like, "If you're in GN'R we love ya, if you're not anymore, we hate you." I think that attitude is fucking dumb as hell. And I'm not even talking about a majority of people here, just quite a few so called "fans" that don't really need to even be here.

EDIT:  JAMESLOFTON!!!!!!  DAMN YOU!!!!  I just typed this out and then read what you said about 2 posts above me and couldn't believe it. At least I'm not the only one that see's that shit happen.  But I'm not editing my post because I like what I had to say but you can have credit for the idea ONLY because yours was posted first. (*cough, cough, Damn you, cough cough.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 07:36:53 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »

the positive is that the tour is going on and they havent cancelled dates I guess

Strange, its hard to really dig a band with members coming and going all the time . I was just starting to dig Buckethead and then Im supposed to embrace Bumble with open arms, now this Frank dude

It really does makes it harder to justify that this is a 'band' and not a project (and not any old band I might add)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:12:51 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2006, 10:52:23 PM »

I've given up on the "It's not Axl + Backing band!" argument.
What's the point in even trying?

Some people will say "as long as Robin and Tommy are there, I don't care"
Well... people said the same about Slash and Duff once too...

I know a lot of people who will be upset that "the drummer from Primus" isn't in Guns N' Roses anymore.
At least the old new Guns N' Roses had known musicians. Who is this Frank fellow anyway?
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2006, 11:22:37 PM »

frank have played with big names like tool as a guest and also with perry farrel
he was bandmate with fortus in love spit love, psychedelic furs, etc

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2006, 01:36:51 AM »

Hit the  nail on the head, exactly. Good job.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2006, 01:11:38 AM »

i honestly like both brain and frank

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
fixintodie
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2006, 05:29:46 AM »

My only other words on the matter are that I like Frank - I've seen the band with Frank and with Brain, and though their playing was equal imo, Frank's enthusiasm transferred to the audience and it was great to see the guy having fun. Brain's loyalty has been questioned before due to his alleged 'paycheck' comments, and now the Praxis thing.

In all honesty I'd like to see more of Frank in GNR. If Brain comes back, thats fine too, but if he doesn't it won't bother me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2006, 07:13:12 AM »

Brain's loyalty has been questioned before due to his alleged 'paycheck' comments,

What's actually been questioned is your sense of humour.  yes

In all honesty I'd like to see more of Frank in GNR. If Brain comes back, thats fine too, but if he doesn't it won't bother me.

as much as I like frank's damn charming looks, and I appreciate him as much as ron, I hope
we'll see brain back with the intro of cd. hopefully with the other b.
either way, that's when they will at last stop calling themselves Axl Rose and his latest all-star collection of musicians. smoking
fixintodie
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2006, 07:36:16 AM »

Brain's loyalty has been questioned before due to his alleged 'paycheck' comments,

What's actually been questioned is your sense of humour.? yes

as much as I like frank's damn charming looks, and I appreciate him as much as ron, I hope
either way, that's when they will at last stop calling themselves Axl Rose and his latest all-star collection of musicians. smoking

I never said I personally questioned Brain's loyalty because of his comments. Just that they were questioned, which is true. I agree, they may have been made in jest.

What did you mean by the other b?  Huh
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2006, 04:01:42 PM »

What's actually been questioned is your sense of humour.  yes

I never said I personally questioned Brain's loyalty because of his comments. Just that they were questioned, which is true. I agree, they may have been made in jest.

What did you mean by the other b?  Huh

Buckethead, I assume. She probably made that comment because Buckethead plays on the album as well and it would be nice "in her opinion" to have a band up there that were ALL on the album. I agree that it would be nice to have the band together that played on the album as well. Too bad Ron didn't Re-record Buckets parts, which honestly wouldn't have taken him that long at all. Ron is the man.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I'm still a Buckethead fan, whether he's in this band or not. But I just don't see him ever coming back.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:07:18 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »

? I remember when they first announced brain wasn't going to play a few shows he was introduced as his drum tech... granted although back then he wasn't considered "part" of the band... he obviously spend a lot of time with the band... enough to be considered for taking over the drums even if temporarily, and if brain is out and about and has someone good enough with charisma and playing ability... why not??? I know back in the day when steven had his shit fucked up they used the cinderella drummer, granted they didn't consider him part of the band.. but there was no myspace then for people to read into a comment saying that he was part of the band.. i mean if didn't play with the band.. then he wouldn't be a part of them right?? and it wasn't just for a guest appearance, it was for a few shows... and now that frank is playing in the drums... and the crowd likes him, and brain is taking some time to be with his baby and wife, let it be, if it doesn't affect GnR in their touring... who cares??? I've seen a lot of the bootlegs with both brain and frank, and I dunno, frank has a more rock n' rollish vibe to him... but brain is just as close to flawless in his drumming (not that frank messes up a lot) you know?? so it's either great stage presense and energy vs. Studio quality drumming while touring... what would you pick??

edit:  i forgot to answer my own question

To me a great live performance vs. perfect drumming more than makes up for it.. so great presence should always win.. dunno what you people consider more important in a live show..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

heres a kickass shot of Frank and Robin

I think he'll be great to have on this leg of the tour.  ok
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2006, 12:03:47 AM »

i was at a stinson show at bar/club in nyc back in 04 after his solo album came out- fortus joined him for songs as well, it was cool- i'm pretty sure frank was the drummer for stinson during the show- or at the very least he came to drum when fortus played. but yea, he seemed like a fun guy and i'm pretty sure he knows tommy as well as richard, so i think he'll be a good addition to the band (if brain is actually out).

now you know me better
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2006, 12:08:58 AM »

Frank played on Love Spit Love with Richard Fortus, so yeah, he knows Richard pretty well.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2006, 12:38:20 AM »

If I was front row at MSG and I saw this frank guy behind the drums I honestly wouldn't have known it was a different guy.  why? b/c I really never gave a shit about what Brain looked like.  I probably wouldn't even know how the two of them "sound different" on drums.  I doubt most people here would either....

Seriously, who gives a shit? 

So long as Axl is there thats all that matters.  So long as the other guys behind him can play the songs, thats all that matters.  This is GNR to me b/c it SAYS on my tickets GNR, it will say on CD's album cover "Guns N' Roses".  When I play the songs or listen to them in concert it will sound like GNR.

If Tommy or Richard left tomorrow but nothing changed in terms of plans for CD, tours etc....would anyone REALLY be that upset?  I do like Robin, but if he left and Ron took over full time I still wouldn't care.   

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2006, 12:40:56 AM »

I saw two shows with Frank on drums, and it was great peace Finally someone who can really play YCBM correctly. But really, I like his drumming way more than Brain's.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: