Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The official "IRS" discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The official "IRS" discussion.  (Read 76492 times)
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2006, 12:39:34 AM »

I just sent it to WBAB in NYC (Long Island). I figured q104.3- Eddie Trunks station would run away from it!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:23 AM »

If any station starts to play it, give us the heads up....most radio stations have their station available via the net.

But, I'm wondering, why are you guys so intent on having regular radio play it?  I'm not slamming the idea...just wondering why the call to action.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:38 AM »

You think Piazza wants to hear it again?   hihi

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:54 AM »

good work guys!!

Am I the only one wondering where the mods are and why they havent taken down the link yet?!  Huh

Wow. This has been a whirlwind of a night.

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:40 AM »

how long befor it get's taken down?
mrice
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43:52 AM »

There aren't many people outside of these message boards that even know there is still a GN'R out there. ?
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:04 AM »

This forum is going to get fucking busy once Europe wakes up!!!!!

If this wasnt an intentional leak id imagine the GnR camp are going to be a tad pissed. It will be interesting to see what Jarmo does when he wakes up, since this site is on Sanctuarys servers, i wonder what they will do?

Jonx
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:27 AM »

If any station starts to play it, give us the heads up....most radio stations have their station available via the net.

But, I'm wondering, why are you guys so intent on having regular radio play it?  I'm not slamming the idea...just wondering why the call to action.

cause it gets GNR "out there" again ... free promotion for anything else that may happen later this year. I wanna see what DJ's think of this song and the mainstream public , the non hardcore GNR fanbase.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:52 AM »

SAUL!!!? Hey...? I've missed you.? Are you doing all right?

I'm doing pretty good. A ton of significant changes in my life/lifestyle but hey , shit happens over the course of a couple years right? Not to get off topic here but just so you know , when you were going through the "rough" stuff you had/have going on you were in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love!? peace

p.s. , I encourage all of you to do the same as mrice , burn this onto a cd-r and send it to your local radio stations. Dont even put a return add on yer envelope , just label the cd-r GNR-New Single-IRS

beer
Tomorrow I'm gonna take copies to two local stations.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2006, 12:45:04 AM »

yea, i think that radio stations should play the official singles actually... but this should be interesting.....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:12 AM »

had to send it to the morning show on 105.5  WDHA in Dover NJ
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:33 AM »

I wanna see what DJ's think of this song

I think it will be a love/hate thing.  Some DJ's are going to trash his vocals while not even mentioning that this is a demo.  Those idiots will hold it up to album quality standards.  I don't think that most people are going to realize that for a demo, Axl sounds pretty good.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:53 AM »

This forum is going to get fucking busy once Europe wakes up!!!!!

If this wasnt an intentional leak id imagine the GnR camp are going to be a tad pissed. It will be interesting to see what Jarmo does when he wakes up, since this site is on Sanctuarys servers, i wonder what they will do?

Jonx

True dat. Nice suprise for em though, eh?

I like the song...a LOT better with the new quality. Very encouraging.

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2006, 12:47:21 AM »

cause it gets GNR "out there" again ... free promotion for anything else that may happen later this year. I wanna see what DJ's think of this song and the mainstream public , the non hardcore GNR fanbase.

Considering management went ape shit when the original was played on the radio i dont think anyone will play it. The legal ramifications would be huge!

Jonx
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2006, 12:47:51 AM »

I agree, the buzz is gonna be great, esp for the mainstream......but I hope it doesn't get a bad reaction...it is a rough cut after all.  Sounds awesome to me, but compared to the first leak its just beyond amazing.  I am tempted myself to send it out to my local stations...but I don't want to get sued Wink haha

I'm not sure whats more exciting...the leak of the song or the repurcussions to follow!!!!!

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2006, 12:49:44 AM »

awsome... thanks for sharing
rainX
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2006, 12:50:22 AM »

i just emailed it to jonathan clark at the q104.3

biggest rock station in the country.

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2006, 12:51:02 AM »

well if anyone does send it to radio stations I would only send it with no return addy.  nervous

blank cd-r with GNR-IRS-Demo-Chinese Democracy on it.  beer

I just would love to see this awesome song get some airplay before it AGAIN gets covered up and kept away from the "normal" public.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2006, 12:51:26 AM »

I wanna see what DJ's think of this song

I think it will be a love/hate thing.  Some DJ's are going to trash his vocals while not even mentioning that this is a demo.  Those idiots will hold it up to album quality standards.  I don't think that most people are going to realize that for a demo, Axl sounds pretty good.

Yeah, thats what I'm afraid of.  Can you imagine if the leak pisses off Axl to the point where he holds off on a CD release Sad  People aren't going to understand its just a demo and has a lot of work left to be done to it.  This reminds me of the reviews of "the hulk" before all the special effects were done and it got PANNED before it even had a chance (was a pretty decent flick to me too).

Wow, I really can't wait to see what happens with all of this!!!  If this wasn't intentional....watch out b/c the SHIT IS GONNA HIT THE FAN.

mrice
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2006, 12:53:03 AM »

DJ here replied to my e-mail...

"we'll see if we ca play this without getting busted. Thanks a ton"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: