Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R.com says drummer is Frank
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R.com says drummer is Frank  (Read 4486 times)
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:47 PM »

Then bitch to the originator of the thread who wasn't... and if you're so capable at that, you might be more capable of searching a simple site... with 4 links... and posting each of them, and asking which one it is..? rofl? ? now quit adding posts to your 1,100+? post count.. make your posts count.. make them worth something instead of arguing with someone over how your low i.q. still serves you good.? ? ok

Duffio is being a faggot.

Source: The Internet

awww you didn't give a link...   i would hate to look for a needle in a haystack...
Bono
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 11:11:36 PM »

Source : gunsnroses.com as well.. so with that said, why DO YOU ALL READ SO GODDAMN MUCH INTO A SIMPLE STATEMENT??? I'M SURE by now they would have announced brain out of the band... ....sorry but come on now..

If the band issued a press release, the mainstream media would either go "who the fuck is that?" or ignore it.

So no, they wouldn't issue a release if one of the newer members came or went.

Sadly it's because nobody cares who's in the band anymore. the casual fan who knows, ?knows it's not Slash and co. so they don't care who it is as long as it sounds good and Axl sings. I think that sucks that people don't care who's in the band. I think it's sad that in Calgary the show is being promoted as "Guns N' Roses with Axl Rose" It makes it sound like a ?joke. Like it's not Guns N' roses but hey Axl's there. That crap needs to stop if they want to be taken seriously. Still no Bios of the band members on gunsnroses.com. It's unreal. Why not? And as for anyoen being SUTE they woudl;'ve announced Brain out of the abdniif it were true well that's really getting ahead of ourselves. Would the band announce anything at this point? ?Do we really think that if Ron left(he won't) the abnd woudl rush out and make a statement? No way. Like Dunkin Dave said most poeple whould go "who the fuck is that" and the ones who do know would be pissed at yet again at the never ending revolving door of musicians.

On a side note just so we're clear Ron really fits the band in my opinion(much more so than buckethead) and I was only using him as an example.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:33 PM »

Then bitch to the originator of the thread who wasn't... and if you're so capable at that, you might be more capable of searching a simple site... with 4 links... and posting each of them, and asking which one it is..? rofl? ? now quit adding posts to your 1,100+? post count.. make your posts count.. make them worth something instead of arguing with someone over how your low i.q. still serves you good.? ? ok

Duffio is being a faggot.

Source: The Internet

awww you didn't give a link...? ?i would hate to look for a needle in a haystack...

My bad.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=232;sa=showPosts
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:14 PM »

You would think that Guns N' Roses fans would be the last group of people to even care about any sort of line-up change, given that we have had like 15 or more different people be a full time member at some point or another.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 11:16:34 PM »

...yet like with everything else...

life goes on...

peace
Bono
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 11:20:16 PM »

You would think that Guns N' Roses fans would be the last group of people to even care about any sort of line-up change, given that we have had like 15 or more different people be a full time member at some point or another.

Maybe it should be that way by now rofl I think there are alot of us though who look at that as further proof that this is only an Axl project with hired Guns who basically have no input. I'd like to think it's a real band and I'd like for the band to have a constant lineup.  I don't see Axl Rose in the same vein as say a Robert Smith. Hmmm maybe I should now that everyone else is gone but in my mind Guns N' Roses is a band whether it's the new band or the original band, it's a band and the less interchanging of members the more cohesive they'll obviously be.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »

Maybe it should be that way by now  I think there are alot of us though who look at that as further proof that this is only an Axl project with hired Guns who basically have no input. I'd like to think it's a real band and I'd like for the band to have a constant lineup.  I don't see Axl Rose in the same vein as say a Robert Smith. Hmmm maybe I should now that everyone else is gone but in my mind Guns N' Roses is a band whether it's the new band or the original band, it's a band and the less interchanging of members the more cohesive they'll obviously be.

Bono-

Think of it as a sports franchise. The name of the team doesn't change when a player comes and goes. The fundamental activity of the sport doesn't change either, just the names and faces. Some free agents are more talented than others, some line-ups are more cohesive than others. When looked at in this light guys coming and going isn't such a bad thing as long as the owner stays the same. We only have to truly worry if Axl sells the team to new management. Wink
Bono
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 11:44:45 PM »

Bono-

Think of it as a sports franchise. The name of the team doesn't change when a player comes and goes. The fundamental activity of the sport doesn't change either, just the names and faces. Some free agents are more talented than others, some line-ups are more cohesive than others. When looked at in this light guys coming and going isn't such a bad thing as long as the owner stays the same. We only have to truly worry if Axl sells the team to new management. Wink

Ewww the dreaded sports franchise analogy. I made refrence to it earlier tonight. Not sucha  fan of this analogy. It amkes sense but it can't only be used for this scenario then, but that's another story..... As for this situation I can't think of it that way. it's not a sports team, it's a band. You don't make trades, you don't sign free agents, you dont' send members down to lesser bands for conditioning stints.  If it is simply like a sports franchise than that in itself is further proof that its Axl(assuming he's the owner) and a bunch of hired guns who are expendable the second somone better or more "co-operative" comes along.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 11:51:16 PM »

As a sports team, Axl is an/(the) owner/player, what about that?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »

you don't sign free agents, you dont' send members down to lesser bands for conditioning stints.

Well, we did secure the rights to have Bumble as a touring member this year. He was a prized free-agent acquisition. ?Grin Not to mention in the past 2 years we have seen Brain, Richard, Tommy and Dizzy go off to their triple A franchises (Soul Asylum, CCBoBB, Hookers N' Blow and touring with Nena) to keep their skills sharp in the off season. It's like we have a built in farm system. All while the owner (Axl)was out scouting for talent to fill a hole on the team caused by the release of Buckethead (Bumble).

It is a little different, but this is alot more like a franchise than you realize.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 12:06:05 AM by Naupis » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 12:02:07 AM »

you don't sign free agents, you dont' send members down to lesser bands for conditioning stints.

Well, we did secure the rights to have Bumble as a touring member this year. He was a prized acquisition. ?Grin Not to mention in the past 2 years we have seen Brain, Richard, Tommy and Dizzy go off to their triple A franchises (Soul Asylum, CCBoBB, Hookers N' Blow and touring with Nena) to keep their skills sharp in the off season. It's like we have a built in farm system. All while the owner (Axl)was out scouting for talent to fill a hole on the team caused by the release of Buckethead (Bumble).

It is a little different, but this is alot more like a franchise than you realize.

So GNR was once a dynasty, who cant go anywhere nowa days.... While the expansion Velvet Revolver has won a championship in their first season.... But now with a new roster GNR promises once again to claim the top spot....

Ok enough of that!!
irgspice
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 12:05:03 AM »

Well, we did secure the rights to have Bumble as a touring member this year. He was a prized acquisition.  Grin Not to mention in the past 2 years we have seen Brain, Richard, Tommy and Dizzy go off to their triple A franchises (Soul Asylum, CCBoBB, Hookers N' Blow and touring with Nena) to keep their skills sharp in the off season. It's like we have a built in farm system. All while the owner (Axl)was out scouting for talent to fill a hole on the team caused by the release of Buckethead (Bumble).

That's fairly dead on.  Consider this: Bach is the second quaterback.  He filled in for our star first quarterback in the last game of the playoffs, fourth quarter, 20 fucking yards to the endzone (Wembley)

"I've come to accept this concept and I'm cool with it.  Bring on the fucking franchise.  I've got tickets to MSG and I'm looking to seeing the team play. 
GeraldFord
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 12:14:45 AM »

This is jumping the gun a bit, but will the follow-up to CD look like this?

Axl
Tommy
Chris
Dizzy
Robin
Ron
Richard
Frank

Ahh, I bet at least 3 of those will be gone by '09!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 12:15:28 AM »

Well, we did secure the rights to have Bumble as a touring member this year. He was a prized acquisition.  Grin Not to mention in the past 2 years we have seen Brain, Richard, Tommy and Dizzy go off to their triple A franchises (Soul Asylum, CCBoBB, Hookers N' Blow and touring with Nena) to keep their skills sharp in the off season. It's like we have a built in farm system. All while the owner (Axl)was out scouting for talent to fill a hole on the team caused by the release of Buckethead (Bumble).

That's fairly dead on.  Consider this: Bach is the second quaterback.  He filled in for our star first quarterback in the last game of the playoffs, fourth quarter, 20 fucking yards to the endzone (Wembley)

"I've come to accept this concept and I'm cool with it.  Bring on the fucking franchise.  I've got tickets to MSG and I'm looking to seeing the team play. 

Yes, lets revel in how transient it is to be a member of GNR.
Bono
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 12:21:40 AM »

Well, we did secure the rights to have Bumble as a touring member this year. He was a prized acquisition. ?Grin Not to mention in the past 2 years we have seen Brain, Richard, Tommy and Dizzy go off to their triple A franchises (Soul Asylum, CCBoBB, Hookers N' Blow and touring with Nena) to keep their skills sharp in the off season. It's like we have a built in farm system. All while the owner (Axl)was out scouting for talent to fill a hole on the team caused by the release of Buckethead (Bumble).

So GNR was once a dynasty, who cant go anywhere nowa days.... While the expansion Velvet Revolver has won a championship in their first season.... But now with a new roster GNR promises once again to claim the top spot....

Ok enough of that!!

rofl rofl rofl Both of those posts were fucking hilarious beer
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 01:02:49 AM »

Management told us:

"Brain and Frank are both in Guns N' Roses"

They just had a roster spot to fill, so they signed another drummer.  Honestly,  I don't know what to think of it....  I wonder if GN'R has more replacements than Kiss now.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 01:06:18 AM »

HAHAHA.... some funny shit in this thread.

In all seriousness... the essential "core" of this band is: Rose, Reed, Finck, Fortus and Stinson. The Rose, Slash, Stradlin' and McKagan of yesteryear. As long as those guys are still involved... I think the band can get by with changes in the 2nd keyboardist... or 2nd guitarist... or even drummer positions.

For the meantime- I would consider Brain still in the band... especially since this would be a particularly curious time for him to walk away OR be fired. Maybe he's on "extended hiatus" to be with his kid.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 01:07:37 AM »

This is jumping the gun a bit, but will the follow-up to CD look like this?

Axl
Tommy
Chris
Dizzy
Robin
Ron
Richard
Frank

Ahh, I bet at least 3 of those will be gone by '09!

No the follow up to cd will look like this:

Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Matt/Steven
^they will still have the two drummer thing going on
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 01:08:34 AM »

They just had a roster spot to fill, so they signed another drummer. ?Honestly, ?I don't know what to think of it.... ?I wonder if GN'R has more replacements than Kiss now.

I wonder if it was a multi-year deal, or just a short one year deal with a team option for a second? ?hihi

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 01:22:05 AM »

most likely brain is sick and his tech is filling in just like last time brain couldn't play.

i can't imagine brain rejoining the band for the 5 shows last month only to leave again

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: