Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:38:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  can someone reupload the best dvd source for inland invasion
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: can someone reupload the best dvd source for inland invasion  (Read 4201 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 26, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »

looking for the best version
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »

Yeah and on 1 DVD... No one needs a 2 dvd of a webcast...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »

Hmm, well, I am working on one.  It's the first DVD I've ever created.  Hell I don't even know if I am going to complete it, since I'm a complete noob at this.  But I will freely share it if I can get it done.  I've done the conversion already and I think the quality held up okay.  But I have no clue what it'll look like when I actually get VOB files created and play it from those.  And I don't know how many DVDs it will be.  I'm trying to preserve the quality as best I can, if that is more than one DVD then so be it.  I don't want something that looks like complete garbage; the source is not all that great to begin with (although it is decent) so I don't want to degrade that even more than it already is.

This will likely take me weeks since I've got work and other shit to do as well.  I'd like to have a menu and chapters and all that jazz.  But I just thought I'd mention it since you asked about something I might eventually have.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:59:21 PM by Fusion » Logged

a.k.a. KBear
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:54:46 PM »

I converted mine then I deleted it because it looked horrible.  I have the 2 DVD version that is out there now, it looks a little better than what I did.

Does anyone know exactly what software to use to do a conversion like this without suffering from serious loss of video quality?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:55:11 PM »

I really dont see the point of making dvd's out of those asf files, no matter what size they are. I consider it senseless, and there's already one good DVD made (sharonsummer) and the AVI files in www.newgnr.com (thanks sladdi) are kickass, and  you can play them in almost the 99% of the Standalone DVD players.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 12:01:04 AM »

I know that we don't really need another Inland DVD.  I am doing this more for myself, to learn about DVD authoring and get a bit of experience doing it.  I figure whatever I come up with, assuming it's decent, I can share.  If people want it they can have it and if not then that's fine too.

I used River Past Video Cleaner to do the conversion to a WMV file.  I think Nero can burn this file right to DVD.  River Past's product won't convert to MPEG though, so if you want an MPEG file you'll have to look elsewhere.  I actually did convert to MPEG first (MPEG-2) using Nero, but the audio and video were out of sync.  I got the same result with River Past when I converted to an AVI file.  Needless to say these are garbage.  The only one that has worked so far for me was going to WMV.  I think I got it to work converting it to an OGG file as well but the picture quality was horrible.  Can't say there wasn't some quality loss going to WMV but it wasn't that bad.  I may try a few other conversions to see if I can get some improvement over what I've got now.

a.k.a. KBear
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 12:15:37 AM »

I thought WMV and ASF were essentially the same?

I am probably just going to try to convert it to an AVI and see what happens.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 12:28:40 AM »

i would prefer to download it as an MPEG or AVI file
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

i would prefer to download it as an MPEG or AVI file

I am converting it to AVI with Canopus Pro Coder.  If it turns out decent I will gladly up it here-
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 01:01:37 AM »

I know that we don't really need another Inland DVD.  I am doing this more for myself, to learn about DVD authoring and get a bit of experience doing it.  I figure whatever I come up with, assuming it's decent, I can share.  If people want it they can have it and if not then that's fine too.

I know man, I just think that the only porpuse of the conversion to DVD is for collectors who want EVERYTHING in DVD. You can watch the same thing in DivX/AVI in your SA DVD, you can also ''author'' that CD/DVD if you want to make it cooler to watch, I mean, why turn a 1gb file into a 5gb if you will watch the same (because the source is a ASF file), you can make chapters in both formats, and you can make a nice menu in both?

There's a very weird tendence in some collectors of converting EVERYTHING (without thinking one minute) to Lossless or DVD. They will convert a WMV file of 10 minutes-5mb to DVD ''just for my bootleglist''. That is simply not thinking. If you have a direct stream of 56kbps........... Why lossless? Why? Just for the bootleg list.

This kind of things confuse people. Now you have to check everything you trade or download, because of that awful obsession of ''who is the best collector in the world''.

Just for collectors. Or ignorants (my opinion, I dont want to offend anyone)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:06:11 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 09:39:39 AM »

I thought WMV and ASF were essentially the same?

I am probably just going to try to convert it to an AVI and see what happens.

Yeah I think they are pretty much the same, but you can't burn ASF and you can burn WMV.  Maybe the reason why the conversion went relatively well was because I converted to a similar format so the conversion was easier.

I know man, I just think that the only porpuse of the conversion to DVD is for collectors who want EVERYTHING in DVD. You can watch the same thing in DivX/AVI in your SA DVD, you can also ''author'' that CD/DVD if you want to make it cooler to watch, I mean, why turn a 1gb file into a 5gb if you will watch the same (because the source is a ASF file), you can make chapters in both formats, and you can make a nice menu in both?

There's a very weird tendence in some collectors of converting EVERYTHING (without thinking one minute) to Lossless or DVD. They will convert a WMV file of 10 minutes-5mb to DVD ''just for my bootleglist''. That is simply not thinking. If you have a direct stream of 56kbps........... Why lossless? Why? Just for the bootleg list.

This kind of things confuse people. Now you have to check everything you trade or download, because of that awful obsession of ''who is the best collector in the world''.

Just for collectors. Or ignorants (my opinion, I dont want to offend anyone)

Well, I'm not converting anything to lossless.  I just want to convert it to a format that will burn.  I learned a bit about converting too (this was the first time I ever converted video files).  So I'm looking at this as just a learning process.  If I do share a DVD I will obviously provide the lineage and put it on the title screen.  Everyone will know that it was made from a relatively shitty quality stream.

I think the size of my converted file is under 2GB (can't check since I'm not at home now).  So it didn't grow too much.

a.k.a. KBear
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »

I used Canopus Pro Coder to convert it (the raw asf) straight to VOB files to fit on 1 DVD.  This is pretty sophisticated software, it took me a bit to even figure out how to do the conversion.  Obviously there was some picture loss on it but it seems to be less robotic looking than the 2 DVD source that is out there now.

Now if I could only figure out how to make a menu!
fixintodie
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 09:28:56 PM »

I have a great fullscreen that is direct from the original source. If anyone wants it let me know. And converting it to DVD will just fuck up the quality.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 09:32:57 PM »

I have a great fullscreen that is direct from the original source. If anyone wants it let me know. And converting it to DVD will just fuck up the quality.

What is the format?
fixintodie
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 09:35:26 PM »

Agh, I knew you'd ask that....avi, off the top of my head. It's over at my friend's house, but I'll get it tomorrow if anyone's interested in it.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 09:41:49 PM »

Agh, I knew you'd ask that....avi, off the top of my head. It's over at my friend's house, but I'll get it tomorrow if anyone's interested in it.

If it an AVI and didn't lose much in the conversion I would love to see it
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 09:58:08 PM »

Yeah, I would like to, aswell...

I tried converting my ASF file BUT either it turned out of sync or 'robotic' looking...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »

I tried converting my ASF file BUT either it turned out of sync or 'robotic' looking...

Mine doesn't look too bad and I have it on 1 DVD, I am just putting chapters in and adding a menu.  More of a fun project for me as I have never authored anything before.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 11:45:36 PM »

go for it it sounds cool

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
fixintodie
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 11:49:49 PM »

Mine doesn't look too bad and I have it on 1 DVD, I am just putting chapters in and adding a menu.? More of a fun project for me as I have never authored anything before.

Please PM me tomorrow to remind me about this. Don't be disappointed if it's not an AVI - like I said, I was going off the top of my somewhat fried head.  peace
Good luck with putting your dvd together.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: