Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 83037 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2006, 09:04:57 AM »

If I had cd I could better decribe what I'd like to hear

even without CD i know that i`d like to hear madagascar, the blues, twat, rhyiad, better, CD, IRS, oh my god and citr hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

Not a lot of people would like to listen to  Silk worms.. that's cool...  hihi
WARose
Legend

« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »

Not a lot of people would like to listen to  Silk worms.. that's cool...  hihi

i don`t hate it, but i don`t love it either hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2006, 11:33:15 AM »

i want to hear more new songs then anything. I wouldnt care one bitt if they didnt play the older songs. The band gets so much shit on them its time ti show them that they oplay just as good if not better then the old band.

when axl still calls this band gnr, he has to play old songs.........

Why? Is there such a rule?

I hear the pigeonhole business has been so serious in America, which is holding back longstanding bands from promoting their new releases. Once a band is branded a "classic rock band" for having had a big hit album more than a decade ago, it's not allowed to change or evolve.The classic radio stations play mostly the songs off classic albums and neglect the new ones, so that people expect these bands to play the familiar classic tunes of 1~ 4 decades. That's not really what these bands want.

That should change. Or maybe it's changing?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2006, 11:44:22 AM »

i want to hear more new songs then anything. I wouldnt care one bitt if they didnt play the older songs. The band gets so much shit on them its time ti show them that they oplay just as good if not better then the old band.

I hear the pigeonhole business has been so serious in America, which is holding back longstanding bands from promoting their new releases. Once a band is branded a "classic rock band" for having had a big hit album more than a decade ago, it's not allowed to change or evolve.The classic radio stations play mostly the songs off classic albums and neglect the new ones, so that people expect these bands to play the familiar classic tunes of 1~ 4 decades. That's not really what these bands want.

here's the truth , most american fans go to shows to hear the classics not the latest thing the band threw together...  I'm not saying all or all the music shoule be old but you do have a time period when you were super famous and those hits were huge that people want to hear that...
how many super famous bans release new material that barely sells yet their cincerts are sold out ,just shows people are there for their favorite tunes..You can say the new material sucks but many bands make it years later on past achievments
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57:55 AM »

Mike I think my post is explaining why "the truth" in your post is there.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »

no there is not such a rule............

and it`s also not about changes in the band or not. if axl decides to give concerts under the gnr name, most people are definitely expecting to hear some of the old songs ok

i`m expecting old songs as well by the way....

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »

silkworms and my world please, anything else is just filler material hihi

that was actually pretty good.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2006, 12:26:28 PM »

well the setlist is chained to the fact that CD is released by Rio or not... hihi

If not, we are might only about to expect the 2002 setlist. Maybe a little less appetit and a little more illusions.
BUT... if CD is out i expect the following "dream setlist"

Nightrain
Chinese democracy
Mr. Brownstone
Better
new Rocker
Dead horse
new Rocker
The Blues
November rain
Better
Twat
another piano style ballad
Civil War
Jungle
Knocking on heavens door
Perfect crime
Madagascar
Paradise city

encore: Estranged (yes motherfuckers .... ok )
I.R.S
the single as the new all time classic closer

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »

well the setlist is chained to the fact that CD is released by Rio or not... hihi

If not, we are might only about to expect the 2002 setlist. Maybe a little less appetit and a little more illusions.
BUT... if CD is out i expect the following "dream setlist"

Nightrain
Chinese democracy
Mr. Brownstone
Better
new Rocker
Dead horse
new Rocker
The Blues
November rain
Better
Twat
another piano style ballad
Civil War
Jungle
Knocking on heavens door
Perfect crime
Madagascar
Paradise city

encore: Estranged (yes motherfuckers .... ok )
I.R.S
the single as the new all time classic closer

Damn, I know Better rocks.  But 2 times?HuhHuhHuh
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2006, 12:28:27 PM »

uups listed better twice. Let's replace it with Coma!!! peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2006, 12:31:04 PM »

My dream setlist would be ?

Better
Estranged
The Garden (special guest Alice Cooper)
14 years
IRS
Dont Cry (alt Lyrics)
Yesterdays
Civil War
madagascar
TWAT
Catcher In the Rye
Dead Horse
Its so easy
Coma
Paradise City
Welcome to the jungle
Sweet Child of mine
and to end ............................, Patience...... lol ?ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

no there is not such a rule............

and it`s also not about changes in the band or not. if axl decides to give concerts under the gnr name, most people are definitely expecting to hear some of the old songs ok

i`m expecting old songs as well by the way....

I guess you didn't make sense of my post Warose. Undecided  I'm not talking just about a member change.

I saw some legendary band commenting on their set list just for the American audience to cope with the situation I wrote above. They divided a show into two parts, ie the first part for their classics and the second  for their new release.

Anyways a few oldies for encores I wouldn't mind.
GNR-Fanatic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »

Beside the standards I would like to hear:

My Michelle
Think About You
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Dust N`Bones
Yesterdays
Pretty Tied Up
Estranged

IRS
Better
There Was A Time
Catcher In The Rye
Chinese Democracy

So I guess they have to play at least 3 hours Grin

slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2006, 02:44:53 PM »

I understand people wanting to hear alot of the newer stuff esp. the older GNR fans, btu there are a ton of younger fans who have been been huge fans for many years without much of a chance to see gnr live... I Think for that reason I want a vast majority of the set list to be classics. I'm sure IRS rocks live, but its a lifelong dream to see PC, SCOM....etc live.
speed_stone
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2006, 10:02:02 PM »

i guess it`s not that easy to get into the new band after being a fan of the old one for 15+ years anyway.....
i'm here to prove otherwise.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2006, 01:52:40 AM »

welcome to the jungle
new song
Sex Type Thing (stp cover)
its so easy
chinese democracy
new song
the blues
novemver rain
madagascar
new song
estranged
dead horse
you could be mine
rocket queen
double talkin jive
new song
nighttrain

encores
new song
paradise city

you better do this one once axl!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2006, 04:33:31 AM »

I dunno ... GNR fans seem to be the only fans i have come across that worry so much about how the media and other people will percieve New GNR/ CD. 

It's not like it's all about one album.  It's now about how he stamps originality and the quality of his song writing and performances.  It's not like if CD fails to top the sales of Illusions that its a failure.  It's about it being an awsome record of integrity and quality.  I couldn't care less if it's number one album or not. I know alot of money has been spent and time.. but thats nothing to do with us.  We haven't lost anything, it's not our money lol. If Axl Rose wants to put out 1 or 10 albums he will and i hope he will start working faster because he has so much talent.  So much time has gone.

And i don't think it matters if the albums out b4 the tour or after it.  Aslong as Axl turns up and the band sound on top form.  That's all that matters.  Really speaking they should play ALL new songs with an encore of old stuff.  To be a true artist/new band, they should perform all of CD in smaller venues.  And build it up. But as they are playing festivals of course that is different. They will of course play the songs people love. But still, it should be less about nostalgia and more about where he is now.  It's going to be kick ass. 

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2006, 06:47:23 AM »

Well I'm hell bored so

Out Ta Get Me
Mr Brownstone
It's So Easy
Better
IRS
Chinese Democracy
You Could Be Mine
Patience
Dead Horse
There Was A Time
Somthing new I havn't heard yet
Catcher In The Rye
November Rain
Sweet Child O Mine
Madagascar
Don't Cry (Alt lyrics)
The Blues
Welcome To The Jungle
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Somthing New
Paradise City

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
DCGNR2006
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2006, 10:52:51 AM »

These two tracks are two of the most powerful and fantastic songs in the GNR catalog. Yet, I can't recall too many times they actually played them live.
I'm hoping on this tour that these two songs will be included in every set-list. 

Do you guys agree?
Are there any other ones that they usually don't play ( and I mean the 2002 tour as well), that you wanna see them go after this time around?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: