Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:03:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist wishes / theories / comments for the 2006 tour  (Read 83032 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2006, 07:06:08 AM »

i hope they`ll play them. axl is simply amazing on live and let die and i love the song in general.

kohd is an awesome song as well and especially the new version is great imo.

they should drop most of the afd songs +  patience/ you could be mine and play more illusion song though....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2006, 07:08:05 AM »

fuck that enough with covers, you have a huge list of songs..  Those songs are played to death..
Olorin
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2006, 07:09:28 AM »

Ditch heavens door - LALD gets the crowd going and is one of the few songs that "new"GNR ?can play and blows the shit out of the old band.

What is the point of the Heavens Door version the played in 2002? It was a poor decision, if you are not going to play the GNR version - ?don't bother, because it put the crowd to sleep.
godiva
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2006, 07:10:05 AM »

I also hope that they will play more new material. the problem here is that if you don't get bitten by the dog, you get scratched by the cat. If they play mostly new material, especially at the festivals where lots of people won't be die-hard fans, they will be critiqued for it. People want to hear the old stuff so they can sing along. I can already smell the criticism, about the crowd not enjoying themselves, the new band not being able to play the old stuff (that's why they play all new songs). If they do play a lot of the old stuff, critics are going to call the band a cover band, just riding on the legacy of the name. You cannot please everybody. I think we will hear a mixture of old and new material, with an emphasis on the new songs. I expect a setlist not unlike 2002, but with stronger new songs (I mean Silkworms, come on  Roll Eyes ). I'm afraid that KOHD and LALD will be included. Sorry Mike.

BTW I agree with you on KOHD, but I just can't get enough of LALD  ok
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2006, 07:13:10 AM »

Sorry Mike, absolutely not. ?Axl does LALD better now (from what I saw on the '02 tour) than he did back in the "glory days." ?Waaaaay more powerful now.

Personally, I agree on KOHD, but when I saw them in '02, my buddy's favorite was KOHD, hands-down. ?So, I think there's a segment of the population that needs KOHD.

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Origen
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2006, 07:16:10 AM »

I'm really sick of Patience and You Could Be Mine (Brain kills it) and also Live & Let Die is annoying now, but I'd like to hear KOHD live, either version
WARose
Legend

« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2006, 07:21:56 AM »

fuck that enough with covers, you have a huge list of songs..  Those songs are played to death..

you asked me about my opinion.... hihi

wttj is also played to death.....

seriously, i like those songs and would love to see them live.... i never attended a gnr concert by the way.....

if they drop the songs i named and play 2 and a half hours, there`s a lot of space left for some more illusion songs and a bunch of new songs ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »

I just feel if this band will be around a while why not drop those covers this time around and give new shit.. How many times have people said oh I'd love to hear axl sing this or that.. We all heard those two for the past 15 years already.. Let up a bit change some shit around.. I'll take mosly new music too, just want a few standards like wttj pc scom and maybe NR NT then eevrything else caa be new

I also wonder if being BH is out if they are able to play all the new songs he did big parts on??
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2006, 07:27:32 AM »

fuck that enough with covers, you have a huge list of songs..? Those songs are played to death..

seriously, i like those songs and would love to see them live.... i never attended a gnr concert by the way.....

if they drop the songs i named and play 2 and a half hours, there`s a lot of space left for some more illusion songs and a bunch of new songs ok
being you are sixteen this must be special to you.. You could have heard oh my god first as a 9 year old as your first post gnr experience.. FUnny how two people could be seeing the same lineup and one feels they will be seeing gnr and the othr feels they are seeing axl rose hihi

At least with wttj it's gnr's music ,give dylan and wings a rest
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »

Agreed.

I'm all for new original materials. peace
WARose
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2006, 07:30:29 AM »

I just feel if this band will be around a while why not drop those covers this time around and give new shit.. How many times have people said oh I'd love to hear axl sing this or that.. We all heard those two for the past 15 years already.. Let up a bit change some shit around.. I'll take mosly new music too, just want a few standards like wttj pc scom and maybe NR NT then eevrything else caa be new

I also wonder if being BH is out if they are able to play all the new songs he did big parts on??

i wonder about that, too.....   but i guess they`ll manage that somehow...
our speculation won`t change a thing anyway, i guess we have to rely on axl in regards of the setlist..... hihi

but it strikes me though, how lald and kohd annoy you, but you`re fine with otgm tay and all those other antiquated songs they played in 2002.....

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2006, 07:32:53 AM »

i wonder about that, too.....? ?but i guess they`ll manage that somehow...
our speculation won`t change a thing anyway, i guess we have to rely on axl in regards of the setlist..... hihi

but it strikes me though, how lald and kohd annoy you, but you`re fine with otgm tay and all those other antiquated songs they played in 2002.....

I don't care if they play anything from the new or old gnr material, I am just sick of those covers already.. Covers are things that culd change.. ANything afd will always be fine by me ,it is guns n roses' top album
WARose
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2006, 07:34:14 AM »

being you are sixteen this must be special to you.. You could have heard oh my god first as a 9 year old as your first post gnr experience.. FUnny how two people could be seeing the same lineup and one feels they will be seeing gnr and the othr feels they are seeing axl rose hihi

well, if it comes down to it i don`t even care if they play lald and kohd or not hihi

but i do separate between the new and the old gnr,  even when i never experienced the old gnr.... it`s not that i consider this band as the original gnr.......

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »

fuck that enough with covers, you have a huge list of songs..? Those songs are played to death..

well, if it comes down to it i don`t even care if they play lald and kohd or not hihi

but i do separate between the new and the old gnr,? even when i never experienced the old gnr.... it`s not that i feel this is the original gnr....

But for you I wouldn't even think it was wrong if you loved the new band more because you were basically raised or grew up as this being them.. It's like someone getting into sabbath after ozzy left, or getting into vh after dlr left..

Regardless of the reasons I like axl rose and he's always been my favorite singer so I will see him live again... I won't be like 18 years ago saying gnr is here woo hoo, I'll be like some of the other nostalgic fucks just going to hear their favorite singer perform.... new music old music it should be another good time
WARose
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2006, 07:46:08 AM »

But for you I wouldn't even think it was wrong if you loved the new band more because you were basically raised or grew up as this being them.. It's like someone getting into sabbath after ozzy left, or getting into vh after dlr left..

if there was no new band, i definitely would not be a gnr fan now i think.... all my hopes are on CD ok

but i got into gnr with the old band though... i didn`t even know about the new band and chinese democracy until 2003 and that was when i started to visit gnr messageboards and became a "hardcore" fan....

i guess it`s not that easy to get into the new band after being a fan of the old one for 15+ years anyway.....

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:30 AM »

I guess it`s not that easy to get into the new band after being a fan of the old one for 15+ years anyway.....
  Since 87 to be exact.. Loved jungle the first time I heard it.. I know people,older then me dig the new band, for me though I am into axl rose, and I am very interested in where the gnr name goes.. It's not as easy as it seems to just get into the band this way.. I'll be honest if they had used a new name I could have adjusted a littl easier.. Imagine being a fan for so long then going to a concert and looking up onstage, it's mindblowing because you already know what gnr is and who made them huge.. Very tough to have one of the members off the cross as your only member and still call it gnr..  As I've said a million times I will support axl rose, he could switch the band 4 more times and I would still be into what he does, but unless more ex members came back I would never see it as gnr..  It would be like paul saying I hired some guys this is now the beatles... Doesn't flow like that for me..
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2006, 08:15:34 AM »

i want to hear more new songs then anything. I wouldnt care one bitt if they didnt play the older songs. The band gets so much shit on them its time ti show them that they oplay just as good if not better then the old band.

chris83
Opening Act

2007?

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2006, 08:35:37 AM »

half old, half new..............i want to hear songs like civil war, estranged, coma - more illusion songs from the new band, not only appetite please!

...unlike oasis we could not find a way to all get along
WARose
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:36 AM »

i want to hear more new songs then anything. I wouldnt care one bitt if they didnt play the older songs. The band gets so much shit on them its time ti show them that they oplay just as good if not better then the old band.

when axl still calls this band gnr, he has to play old songs.........

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2006, 08:53:35 AM »

If I had cd I could better decribe what I'd like to hear
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: