Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TENNESSEE CANCELLED or not?!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: TENNESSEE CANCELLED or not?!  (Read 2895 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: October 26, 2006, 01:31:38 AM »

I read an article claiming the show was cancelled.  Is this true or is it still on for January?  I'm sorry I just don't want to blow 400 bucks on these tickets by holding on to them thinking the show will still happen in the coming months?  I'm sure many of you would like to know as well.  So is the show cancelled or still going to take place?!!!??! Someone please let me know (Jarmo, Mysteron).....thanks.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:35:45 AM »

As far as I know it is. They have cancelled it and to my knowledge havent reschedulled.

I think I heard the venue wasnt able to reschedule it, but im not totally sure.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:37:49 AM »

So it IS cancelled?  Do I need to send the tickets back or should I wait, cause I have front row seats?  I'd just really like to know before I'm out 400 bucks.......
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:39:18 AM »

So it IS cancelled?? Do I need to send the tickets back or should I wait, cause I have front row seats?? I'd just really like to know before I'm out 400 bucks.......

Have you tried calling the venue to ask?

The only source that I saw that said cancelled was that Florida newspaper article yesterday which really wasn't an official source.  I would call.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 01:40:04 AM »

So it IS cancelled?? Do I need to send the tickets back or should I wait, cause I have front row seats?? I'd just really like to know before I'm out 400 bucks.......

I would wait and see what else is said about it in this thread. AS far as I know the show has just been cancelled, but I would wait for more confirmation before you turn the tickets in.

Or just call the venue, they should be able to tell you more than we can.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:42:54 AM by mahimahi23 » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 01:43:46 AM »

The tour has been cancelled?  How do you figure?  I e-mailed them already, but no response left.  I mean is it really that hard to let us know whats going on with the venue's event?  A lot of money being spent here, and if they do plan to play the show thats great no problem.  But cancelling it without notice means I'm stuck with the tickets.  Just having some "official" answers would be nice.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 01:45:46 AM »

The tour has been cancelled?? How do you figure?? I e-mailed them already, but no response left.? I mean is it really that hard to let us know whats going on with the venue's event?? A lot of money being spent here, and if they do plan to play the show thats great no problem.? But cancelling it without notice means I'm stuck with the tickets.? Just having some "official" answers would be nice.

The tour is not cancelled.? He probably meant to say the show but that is not confirmed either-

Try calling-

615-770-2000
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:48:27 AM by Bandita » Logged
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 01:46:59 AM »

The tour has been cancelled?? How do you figure?? I e-mailed them already, but no response left.? I mean is it really that hard to let us know whats going on with the venue's event?? A lot of money being spent here, and if they do plan to play the show thats great no problem.? But cancelling it without notice means I'm stuck with the tickets.? Just having some "official" answers would be nice.

ahaha, I edited my post, I meant to say "show", not "tour" lol
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 02:03:58 AM »

Anybody heard anything on this show still being "ON" in January??  Seeing that article saying it was cancelled made me cringe.....
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:03 AM »

Ticketmaster says: "There is no rescheduled date at this time. Existing tickets will be valid for the rescheduled date. Refunds are available from point of purchase upon request."

It's possible the article misinterpreted the lack of a new date as a cancellation. A rescheduled would most likely be in January, imho.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:50 AM »

It's moved to January.

Not cancelled.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 09:17:18 AM »

So it IS cancelled?  Do I need to send the tickets back or should I wait, cause I have front row seats?  I'd just really like to know before I'm out 400 bucks.......

You do not have front row seats, all the seating for every show on the floor is GA. You're also not "out 400 bucks", all cancelled tickets are refunded through ticketmaster.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
armbreaker
Opening Act

I am the breaker of all arms.

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36:17 AM »

All tickets are refunded with a god damn $16.00 per ticket refund fee. The venue says it is gonna be rescheduled, but looking at their schedule it will probably be during the week, which sucks. My question is why not just reschedule when you postpone? I mean management calls gaylord: "hey we can't do the show on the 22nd, how bout Jan. whatever?" Gaylord: "sure. sounds good, we will post it on our website." I guess that is too hard for some people.

Why don't you just fuck off?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 09:59:41 AM »

All tickets are refunded with a god damn $16.00 per ticket refund fee. The venue says it is gonna be rescheduled, but looking at their schedule it will probably be during the week, which sucks. My question is why not just reschedule when you postpone? I mean management calls gaylord: "hey we can't do the show on the 22nd, how bout Jan. whatever?" Gaylord: "sure. sounds good, we will post it on our website." I guess that is too hard for some people.

I think you may be making light of the logistics involved in a show of this magnitude.  This isn't some touring club act.  They are putting on arena shows.  You don't just bring in a guitar and your amp.
armbreaker
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 10:23:14 AM »

I am not making light of anything except it looks like I am getting fucked out of $64.00. Buy 4 tickets get a refund for 3, thats cool. I am talking about fucking January. Are you telling me that they can't get their fireworks and confetti set up in 3+ months? Cmon man, this is bs and you know it. My point is why say January and not be sure about it? It just sets everyone up for another lie and fucking over.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 12:07:39 PM »

I am not making light of anything except it looks like I am getting fucked out of $64.00. Buy 4 tickets get a refund for 3, thats cool. I am talking about fucking January. Are you telling me that they can't get their fireworks and confetti set up in 3+ months? Cmon man, this is bs and you know it. My point is why say January and not be sure about it? It just sets everyone up for another lie and fucking over.

easy there tiger.... I know you are upset (I have been there before in 2002 when it was cancelled and NOT RESCHEDULED), but think about what you are saying.  ITS NOT ALL ABOUT SETTING UP.  If the venue has prior commitments (ie other shows, sporting events, etc.) then it may not be able to accomodate GNR's schedule.  I doubt Axl and the crew want to play a show in California then have a show the next night or two nights later in fucking Tennessee.  If the date is set then everything will fall into place, but we are talking about an enormous stage show here and the planning, transportation and setup/packing up time all has to put into consideration.  You are making this sound like it should be a "hey we can do this day, so that is when we are coming".  There are contracts to be signed (again remember 2002?) and the whole negotiation process is not as black and white as you obviously believe it is.  Jesus, think with your head and not your heart.
jguns
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 02:52:47 PM »

Just talked to Gaylord Center, she told me she was 95% sure they were going to rescheduale, didn't know when.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 05:13:07 PM »

thats good news, maybe they'll have room to throw memphis in there too

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 05:26:40 PM »

You might consider yourself lucky because your date got changed.  In January they'll almost certainly be playing the new songs whereas now it's hit or miss.  Just keep your tickets and wait.  If the show gets officially cancelled, TM will still be there to refund you and then you can bitch.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
armbreaker
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

You might consider yourself lucky because your date got changed.? In January they'll almost certainly be playing the new songs whereas now it's hit or miss.? Just keep your tickets and wait.? If the show gets officially cancelled, TM will still be there to refund you and then you can bitch.

Yes I understand that. It may all work out hunky-dory, but I am skeptical when it comes to gnr. They are not the most reliable bunch around. That doesn't change my love for this band and their music. I realize the logistics are a bitch from CA to TN, and thats my point. They don't wanna reschedule just for that show. So, either I get super lucky and they tour in my area Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, Little Rock, etc. and I get to see them several times, or all of us down here get screwed...again. I want it to work out, I just wanna see some dates on the books and confirmed. I am not stupid and have an idea of how things work, but I wanna see GnR at least once sometime and thats the whole of it.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: