Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 Part II
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 Part II  (Read 3133 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 25, 2006, 11:06:47 AM »

2006 so far has been great, no one could of ever imagined it would be this great.

We have had a succesful Europe tour and a bunch of us dates that all went great.
We have actual interviews from 2006
We have had actaul press releases from management
We have a actual updated GNR website
We have a new album coming out within next 2 months
We have promotion with Baseball and commercials using GNR? hihi
We have a North American tour happening now with more dates coming in 2007
We have Axl out and about in public like VMA's etc
We have had the oppurtunity of presales and early info or factual info thanks to Jarmo and Mysteron
We have a tour were the band is playing classic songs along with 4 or 5 unreleased songs at each show.

All and all it is a great time to be a fan

GNR have never done any thing conventional, so dot expect them too
GNR goes on late becuase that is what they do
Axl does what he wants when he wants, and it is pretty apparent to me he is bringing this band back to the top of the world
GNR is the most dangerous band in the world
GNR will not play any unheard songs until the album drops or damn close to it.

Stop Global Whining? peace

Long time fans know it has been a loooooooooooooong time since we have had a year as good as this.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 11:08:51 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:13:56 AM »

Oh and a few more positives

GNR sounds,looks and acts like GNR
Axl looks like AXL

The band is on fire, tight sounding and they are coming to a town near you to kick your bitchy little ass  hihi

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »

Oh and a few more positives

GNR sounds,looks and acts like GNR
Axl looks like AXL

hihi

overall it has been a great year yeah.
Dreaming is believing  beer

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 11:22:25 AM »

I appreciate the sentiment of this thread. It has been a good year for GNR fans.

On the other hand, a thread like this is shooting fish in a barrel for the negative nancies that want to rain on your parade.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 11:22:51 AM »

2006 so far has been great, no one could of ever imagined it would be this great.

We have had a succesful Europe tour and a bunch of us dates that all went great.
We have had the oppurtunity of presales and early info or factual info thanks to Jarmo and Mysteron
We have a tour were the band is playing classic songs along with 4 or 5 unreleased songs at each show.

Axl does what he wants when he wants, and it is pretty apparent to me he is bringing this band back to the top of the world

Long time fans know it has been a loooooooooooooong time since we have had a year as good as this.

Holy shit! I almost couldn't take that many positive thoughts on this board all at once!

Glad to see anyone else is thankful too!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »

I appreciate the sentiment of this thread. It has been a good year for GNR fans.

On the other hand, a thread like this is shooting fish in a barrel for the negative nancies that want to rain on your parade.

This GNR train is a rollin and it is on a one way ride to the TOP. There is no stoping them, all the naysayers this year have come and gone. Again and again it keeps getting better.  It is is time  beer

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

Axl looks like AXL

And sounds and acts like Axl ! Wich is great too (just thought I'd mention it Wink)

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
T_Roxie
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:30 AM »

And Axl turned up for the first show of the tour this time, seriously, its good now! Grin
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 02:20:57 PM »

Thanks for posting that for everyone. I feel it serves as a good reminder. 

It's better to focus on what you have and to be thankful for it... rather than focusing/obsessing on what you don't have and feeling unhappy about it.  yes

Cheers,
W.R.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »

peace So far the tour has been going great. I can not wait till Sunday it is going to be great? peace
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:42:52 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

I think I finally got it figured out what some of the complaining is about on here.

Years ago in the beginning. Us now old fans that were teens loved this band, becuase our parents hated them. The world despised them.

These guys were great they stuck there big fuck you in your face for the world to see, and did not give a flying fuck what anybody said. I mean come on what kinid of band would havet he name guns in it or pics of guns on stuff? hihi

When I was a kid they were gods. You never knew what was going to happen next. You never knew if they were going to show. And if they did what were they going to do.? You never knew how high they would be.

It was a totally on the edge over the edge time. Back in the day MTV was tv to us, days did not go by with out some good news or alot of bad news about the guys. Axl this or that.

So now that I have you confused, think of it this way, alot of us fell in love with them because they were the most dangerous band in the world and still are. Think about it. We loved them, we loved the attitude, we loved the way of life, we loved the music.

Now how many years later we have a new generation of fans that love GNR as much in there own ways but it is the modern mind set. No other band does what gnr does. And that has been metioned on here countless times.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing or having some diffrences of opinions on this board, but the same damn stupid shit about setlist and crap is getting old or when is the album coming out.? Look this is GNR and it will come out when they want it too, they will play what they want when they want.

When i went to see them back in the day? hihi you never knew what was going to happen. Axl in 2006 is tame and he is on a mission to retake the world. Stop the fucking bitching, take a seat and sit back and enjoy the ride.

So why do you like them?

I like them for eveything start to finish and everything in between, I take the bad with the good? beer well almost? .............................

Do i have complaints sure but in the sceme of things looking back 2006 is the BEST YEAR IN OVER 10 YEARS, so I'm happy and some of you should be too. If tomorrow would never come this year has been great.  ok

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48:55 PM »

I agree it has been a great year for GNR and their fans and I have personally enjoyed it A LOT, but......if CD is not released this year or at least we are given a release date I can promise that most fans will say fuck this band. I know I will.

I love GNR old and new, but Axl promised CD would be released this year and I have taken A LOT of shit from people for telling them this is the year, I want stand for another lie, just not going to happen.

If it is released (which I believe it will) then this is going to be a great GREAT year. We already have the cake, we just need the icing to go on top of it  hihi
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »

I agree it has been a great year for GNR and their fans and I have personally enjoyed it A LOT, but......if CD is not released this year or at least we are given a release date I can promise that most fans will say fuck this band. I know I will.

I love GNR old and new, but Axl promised CD would be released this year and I have taken A LOT of shit from people for telling them this is the year, I want stand for another lie, just not going to happen.

If it is released (which I believe it will) then this is going to be a great GREAT year. We already have the cake, we just need the icing to go on top of it? hihi

It will come out this year because this year has everything going in the right direction, that night train is rollin and there si no stopping it.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »

If it is released (which I believe it will) then this is going to be a great GREAT year. We already have the cake, we just need the icing to go on top of it? hihi

It will come out this year because this year has everything going in the right direction, that night train is rollin and there si no stopping it.

Speaking of night train.  I will be on that shit this weekend in Vegas! beer

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »

I can't believe nobody has bitched in this thread yet!

Well, allow me to do so...

If it is released (which I believe it will) then this is going to be a great GREAT year. We already have the cake, we just need the icing to go on top of it

I believe the opposite. I think everything listed in this thread is the icing on the cake. I can only eat so much icing... once the album comes out we'll have the cake.

Overall I agree though, this has been the most productive and promising year for the new band yet.

Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 08:01:45 PM »

So why do you like them?

It would be hard to list all the reasons, but this was at least a small one:
Years ago in the beginning. Us now old fans that were teens loved this band, becuase our parents hated them. The world despised them.
? ?hihi

I had a difficult time growing up.? I found both a channel and an outlet for my anger, sadness, and pain in hard rock and metal music.? I could especially relate to a troubled young man from a fucked-up family who sang about "lookin' for a trace, lookin' for a heart, lookin' for a lover in a world that's much too dark".

GNR is one of the few artists I've listened to for as long as I have.? Up until recently, it was mostly because of the past.? Truly great music perseveres, and Appetite for Destruction -- IMO the single greatest album of all time -- still sounds as vibrant to me as it did when I first bought it on cassette 18 years ago.? (The UYI's still sound really good, too.? ?Wink)? But now there is the present, which consists of all the great things you've mentioned here. yes And the future, Chinese Democracy, seems very close at hand.? All of this -- past, present, and future -- is tied together by one of rock-n-roll's greatest frontmen of all time, W. Axl Rose.? Hot-tempered, enigmatic yet charismatic, easy on the eyes, and even better on the ears, he is someone I will never grow weary of.

Thank you for the great posts, sjgotnitro.? ?ok? ?beer
scar2d2w
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 08:57:48 PM »

So why do you like them?

It would be hard to list all the reasons, but this was at least a small one:
And the future, Chinese Democracy, seems very close at hand.  All of this -- past, present, and future -- is tied together by one of rock-n-roll's greatest frontmen of all time, W. Axl Rose.  Hot-tempered, enigmatic yet charismatic, easy on the eyes, and even better on the ears, he is someone I will never grow weary of.

Thank you for the great posts, sjgotnitro.   ok   beer

well said.

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 08:57:11 AM »

Thanks to the whole GNR camp for that statement. The majority of us here support all your efforts. I consider my self a positive poster except when it comes to whiners and haters.

I have a few things i would like to say to fellow board members, not trying to stir shit but I have to say it.

GNR and management owe none of us anything, them doing this is a added plus. They have been giving us updates for months now and it is never good enough. I though the commenst from the other week talking about message boards was enough to let you all know we were on notice, but no they had to come out and say the board name becuase some of you are thick headed and do not listen.

The whiners and haters lately have been ruthless asshole, it is embarrasing at times to mention theat I'm a member here.

The same whiners yesterday are now back peddling in the statement thread being all nice. I feel those yesterday did not think before they posted. We all had a press release, everyone on here should of been happy with that, but no beta had to come on here and some of you were down right rude and should of been banned. One is paticular made some real low blow comments and easily escaped unscaved.

So far this year we have been getting non stop info from the band and camp. It is time for stiffer penalties to be inforced on this board. The negative karma is not working, bann them or suspend there rights until people calm down.

This is the best damn fan site out there lets keep it that way. Show some respect for the band and there camp. Show some  respect for this board and jarmo. Show some respect for your self.

If people do not want me here no problem I problly should reconnect to the real world anyhow which will include GNR not whiners and haters.

GNR supporter
Sjgotnitro
Shawn Schaffer
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:59:08 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 08:59:19 AM »

Thanks to the whole GNR camp for that statement. The majority of us here support all your efforts. I consider my self a positive poster except when it comes to whiners and haters.

I have a few things i would like to say to fellow board members, not trying to stir shit but I have to say it.

GNR and management owe none of us anything, them doing this is a added plus. They have been giving us updates for months now and it is never good enough. I though the commenst from the other week talking about message boards was enough to let you all know we were on notice, but no they had to come out and say the board name becuase some of you are thick headed and do not listen.

The whiners and haters lately have been ruthless asshole, it is embarrasing at times to mention theat I'm a member here.

The same whiners yesterday are now back peddling in the statement thread being all nice. I feel those yesterday did not think before they posted. We all had a press release, everyone on here should of been happy with that, but no beta had to come on here and some of you were down right rude and should of been banned. One is paticular made some real low blow comments and easily escaped unscaved.

So far this year we have been getting non stop info from the band and camp. It is time for stiffer penalties to be inforced on this board. The negative karma is not working, bann them or suspend there rights until people calm down.

This is the best damn fan site out there lets keep it that way. If people do not want me here no problem I problly should reconnect to the real world anyhow which will include GNR not whiners and haters.

GNR supporter
Sjgotnitro
Shawn Schaffer

Good post! Couldn't agree more!  beer
Ride Her
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 08:59:59 AM »

AXL is performing the best way ever!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: