Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off  (Read 13557 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

Actually it was "people will hear NEW MUSIC this year". We have. So, he didn't lie.

He keeps saying the cd will be out in "fall/late fall". Merck's last known statement about the release was "there's 10 tuesdays left in the year, it will come out on 1 of them". Now there are 9 Tuesdays left, so we'll see what happens. I don't see it being a November release, so here's to December beer

But actually really actually it was just "music". Not new music. and certainly not CD. just plain ol' music. and god knows we've heard plenty of that this year! Axl couldnta been wrong with that statement reaaly could he?  hihi

by the by can any1 pm me with instructions as to how to quote multiple posts as i shouldve quoted the post before this 1 too. Cheers!  beer

I would'nt do that if I were you.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »

These "finishing touches" is okay only if that means Axl listened to the mastered record and giving an "OK".

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 04:51:33 PM »

Is it just me or does "finishing touches" makes you feell physically ill.......     nervous

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 04:53:51 PM »

I remember hearing that in 2002. Apparently finishing touches take years. hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 04:59:13 PM »

I remember hearing that in 2002. Apparently finishing touches take years. hihi

I think Axl needs to stop putting "finishing touches" on things and focus on promotion.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2006, 05:14:03 PM »

There will be lots of axls fingerprints on cd.  Undecided Maybe these are for the cover.

But actually really actually it was just "music". Not new music. and certainly not CD. just plain ol' music. and god knows we've heard plenty of that this year! Axl couldnta been wrong with that statement reaaly could he?  hihi

by the by can any1 pm me with instructions as to how to quote multiple posts as i shouldve quoted the post before this 1 too. Cheers!  beer

absolutely not. and how people can quote multiple posts is an absolute mystery to me as well.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2006, 05:33:37 PM »

There will be lots of axls fingerprints on cd.? Undecided Maybe these are for the cover.

But actually really actually it was just "music". Not new music. and certainly not CD. just plain ol' music. and god knows we've heard plenty of that this year! Axl couldnta been wrong with that statement reaaly could he?? hihi

by the by can any1 pm me with instructions as to how to quote multiple posts as i shouldve quoted the post before this 1 too. Cheers!? beer

absolutely not. and how people can quote multiple posts is an absolute mystery to me as well.

To quote multiple posts:  Quote a person, COPY/PASTE it, go back to the fourm and quote another, COPY/PASTE, go back find another and repeat until satisfied

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2006, 05:39:31 PM »

rant :rant:Me cago en la ostia Axl, saca el puto CD de una puta vez!!!!!! rant

hihi love
Peace!!
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »

There will be lots of axls fingerprints on cd.? Undecided Maybe these are for the cover.

But actually really actually it was just "music". Not new music. and certainly not CD. just plain ol' music. and god knows we've heard plenty of that this year! Axl couldnta been wrong with that statement reaaly could he?? hihi

by the by can any1 pm me with instructions as to how to quote multiple posts as i shouldve quoted the post before this 1 too. Cheers!? beer

To quote multiple posts:? Quote a person, COPY/PASTE it, go back to the fourm and quote another, COPY/PASTE, go back find another and repeat until satisfied

There is an link to "Insert Quote" under the Posted on: of each persons quote when you are scroll down while writing.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »

Axl has been putting the "finishing touches" on this album for at least two years now.

I'm hoping, dreaming, that chinese Democracy will be a double album, like the Use Your Illusion albums. ?

1. It would be so much material, like the UYI albums, that it would guarantee him a couple of hits, and probably another two alnbums going straight to #1 & #2. ?Has anyone done that twice in a row? ?I doubt it.

2. It would be the ultimate gift to us, hell, he can even through in the Re-Recorded AFD album that he said he did in 1999.

Now, if none of this happens, I wouldn't be surprised...to me, the above is just a very smart thing to do, but...well, no comment. ?

I'm hoping this album comes out this year, but I'm about to run down to 0% of hope and faith....the fans deserve an album. ?WE deserve an album. ?We;ve given Axl his LIFE, now please give us some new music.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »

To quote multiple posts:? Quote a person, COPY/PASTE it, go back to the fourm and quote another, COPY/PASTE, go back find another and repeat until satisfied

There is an link to "Insert Quote" under the Posted on: of each persons quote when you are scroll down while writing.

you're a genius!

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »

in 1991, the UYI illusions went through nearly a year of "finishing touches." ? It's probably not the best time management strategy to attempt to put "finishing touches" on this opus between tours. ?I wonder if the initial "plan" was to have CD out before the european summer tour and that got postponed, like the UYI 1991 summer tour that happened without an album being out. ? That, at least, would make sense.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »

There will be lots of axls fingerprints on cd.  Undecided Maybe these are for the cover.

To quote multiple posts:  Quote a person, COPY/PASTE it, go back to the fourm and quote another, COPY/PASTE, go back find another and repeat until satisfied

in english???   hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »

in english?Huh ?hihi

EH?!?!?!

jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 05:59:37 PM »

in english?Huh ?hihi

OK: ?When you are posting a reply, beneth the text box you write stuff in is a Topic Summary that shows you the latest posts in reverse order, with the latest first. ?Those posts have in bold

Posted by: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Posted on: Today at 05:54:49 PM
then the post.

Underneath the Posted On text on the right, there is link "Insert Quote". ?IF you click on that, it will insert that post into your text. ?If you can't find it, use CTRL-F and search for Insert Quote on the page.

I hope I'm clear now
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:03:33 PM by jbenzz » Logged

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »

Thanks!

in english???   hihi

OK:  When you are posting a reply, beneth the text box you write stuff in is a Topic Summary that shows you the latest posts in reverse order, with the latest first.  Those posts have in bold

Posted by:                                                                                              Posted on: Today at 05:54:49 PM
then the post.

Underneath the Posted On text on the right, there is link "Insert Quote".  IF you click on that, it will insert that post into your text.  If you can't find it, use CTRL-F and search for Insert Quote on the page.

I hope I'm clear now

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

So if Buckethead is def. going to be on the album then why the hell has it taken so long to make?
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »

So if Buckethead is def. going to be on the album then why the hell has it taken so long to make?

Dude, we've been asking this for years.  Grin
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »

you know.. they are probably still mixing it.. and it's sscheduled for a november mastering (www.sterlingsound.com) you can verify this by going there..... it's being done by  i forget his first name but last name is marino... mastering takes anywhere from 3 days to a week or so... once this happens... it's it. the release...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »

http://www.west-wind.com/wconnect/photoalbum/better%20riff.mp3

Now compare with the demo...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: