Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off  (Read 13545 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »

Where did anyone say that the mixing is *done*?

Andy Wallace said he had begun working on it, but we don't know when that was. It's also pretty obvious that the mixing is done if they really plan on releasing it this year. But then again, it is GN'R.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »

most likely just approving the final mixes, and overseeing the mastering.

once the master reels are shipped off to the pressing plant it doesn't take that long to manufacture. it could still be up and running for the 21st of november.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 01:11:01 PM »

If you mean the information that Ron isn't on the album, he said it himself to the hosts of Talking Metal.

My bad, I meant the information about Axl being in studio.

It's mentioned in this article:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061025/LIFESTYLES/61025001/1075

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
guns_n_motley
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »

IDK, im abit leery of it being released this year...tour has started, no news or any hint of a new album coming out soon....

maybe this week or next week well get a single?? Huh
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 05:23:33 PM »

Realistically, Axl has kept his promise.  He said, "People will hear Chinese Democracy this year", and well...it happened!  He plays the song at almost every gig!  hihi

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 05:29:09 PM »

Actually it was "people will hear NEW MUSIC this year". We have. So, he didn't lie.

He keeps saying the cd will be out in "fall/late fall". Merck's last known statement about the release was "there's 10 tuesdays left in the year, it will come out on 1 of them". Now there are 9 Tuesdays left, so we'll see what happens. I don't see it being a November release, so here's to December beer
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »

Actually it was "people will hear NEW MUSIC this year". We have. So, he didn't lie.

He keeps saying the cd will be out in "fall/late fall". Merck's last known statement about the release was "there's 10 tuesdays left in the year, it will come out on 1 of them". Now there are 9 Tuesdays left, so we'll see what happens. I don't see it being a November release, so here's to December beer

lol.  Merck's next statement will be, "There's 9 tuesdays left in the year, it will come out on one of them..."  hihi

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 05:35:35 PM »

People wont be listening to Christmas songs this Christmas. People will walk around the tre while singing Chinese Demopcracy songs..

Finishing touches dosent have to mean Mixing, and tings about the soundpicture. It could mean artwork. Promo. or Videos editiong and so on. I like to belive Chinese Democracy is already done, music wise...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »

I must have missed it. Can someone show me the article or documentation where Andy Wallace states that he has begun the mastering? Thanks!

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »

I must have missed it. Can someone show me the article or documentation where Andy Wallace states that he has begun the mastering? Thanks!

I don't think there's an article where he says he started it. But I assume that if he's happy with the mixes he would have had to have started them to get to a point where he'd be happy with them.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
guns_n_motley
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 09:32:44 PM »

I just hope we get some sort of announcement soon... an announcement telling that its done and theres a release date would be of help..

I HATE how the gnr camp is soo secretive all teh time.. if the Cd is done which all sources are pointing to, whats the problem with telling us when it will be out.. instead being crypctic, oh it will be out on one of those 9tuesdays...

just give us a hint, a snippet anything that will let us know its done and its soon...
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »

Lets face it, I just cant see a 2006 release. I believe its done but they just cant seem to release it. At this point I think the Album wont come out Untill at least after this leg of the tour. No video...no single. If it was coming out this year we would have a single for sure. I Think the CD has always been held up due to legal issues involving Duff and Slash.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:35:57 AM by Rhino » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 11:37:32 AM »

The announcement will come when the record is done. Assuming there are only minor tweaks left, we could expect some sort of announcement any day. If it's more than that, well, put your alarm clock to whenever.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »

Lets face it, I just cant see a 2006 release...

The album is being released by the end of the year. I don't see how you can't see a 2006 release.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 11:53:41 AM »

Maybe Axl is on Jupiter years. In that case we still got a couple of years to go hihi

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »

It's all about NY! When GNR plays NY I feel we will hear something ok

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »

The album is being released by the end of the year. I don't see how you can't see a 2006 release.

because there is no time left
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »

because there is no time left

Oh is it New Years Eve already?  I must've missed a couple of months of GNR touring and releasing the album in November.  Damn!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 01:21:47 PM »

Oh is it New Years Eve already?

Time flies? damn I thought there were still 8 tuesdays till christmas.

I don't think there's an article where he says he started it. But I assume that if he's happy with the mixes he would have had to have started them to get to a point where he'd be happy with them.

I think even on hearsay there was no comment from Andy Wallace. But don't bring ont that hearsay plz.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 02:18:55 PM »

We still have to take this article with a grain of salt, as people say, because it was a concert promoter that told this internet news site. It may not be true at all.  I just don't see them telling the concert promoter of ALL people that, "Hey, Axl is going back in the studio because the album isn't done, so we have to cancel the first two shows." I just can't see that happening. Maybe it did, who really knows?? But if it is true and there was something time consuming or major that still had to be done to the album, more than two shows would have been cancelled.  The album is coming out this year people. Be ready for it.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: