Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL Putting Finishing Touches' On 'Chinese Democracy' Before Tour Kick-Off  (Read 13569 times)
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« on: October 25, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »

Charles Runnells of http://www.news-press.com/ reports that GUNS N' ROSES was supposed to kick off the Southern leg of its "Chinese Democracy" tour Oct. 20 in Jacksonville, but that show got rescheduled for Oct. 31. Then its Nashville stop Sunday was canceled.

But those changes weren't because of poor ticket sales or singer Axl Rose's mood, said John Stoll, president of West Palm Beach promoter Fantasma Productions Inc.

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

"He was putting the finishing touches on the new album," Stoll said. 'But now Axl's in town (in Miami), and he has been rehearsing for two days.'

GUNS N' ROSES were set to start the Southern tour in Sunrise on Tuesday night.

Because of the Nashville cancellation, the group added another stop in Puerto Rico, Stoll said.

Ticket sales have been strong throughout Florida ? the Sunrise show was almost sold out Tuesday morning ? but the Estero show has lots of good seats left, said Jeff Hickox, regional marketing manager for Beasley Broadcast Group.

The concert is the centerpiece of K-Rock's 20th-annual Birthday Bash. The radio station is part of the Beasley Group.

Germain Arena is about 60 percent sold out for the show, Hickox said, but the radio station had hoped for more. The arena can hold 8,300 people for concerts.

"Ticket sales aren't what we thought they'd be," Hickox said.

Still, Hickox said that isn't unusual. Many big shows don?t sell out until the last minute, and there are always a lot of walk-up sales at the box office the day of the event.

Source: Blabbermouth.net
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 09:41:31 AM by Disco Volante » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:42:41 AM »

Maybe some mastering or working on the second album??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »

Maybe some mastering or working on the second album??

I don't think they would have postponed several dates to work on an album that's schedueled to come out a year or more from now. Axl is crazy, but he's not nuts.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:02:12 AM »

Charles Runnells of http://www.news-press.com/ reports that GUNS N' ROSES was supposed to kick off the Southern leg of its "Chinese Democracy" tour Oct. 20 in Jacksonville, but that show got rescheduled for Oct. 31. Then its Nashville stop Sunday was canceled.

But those changes weren't because of poor ticket sales or singer Axl Rose's mood, said John Stoll, president of West Palm Beach promoter Fantasma Productions Inc.

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

"He was putting the finishing touches on the new album," Stoll said. 'But now Axl's in town (in Miami), and he has been rehearsing for two days.'

GUNS N' ROSES were set to start the Southern tour in Sunrise on Tuesday night.

Because of the Nashville cancellation, the group added another stop in Puerto Rico, Stoll said.

Ticket sales have been strong throughout Florida ? the Sunrise show was almost sold out Tuesday morning ? but the Estero show has lots of good seats left, said Jeff Hickox, regional marketing manager for Beasley Broadcast Group.

The concert is the centerpiece of K-Rock's 20th-annual Birthday Bash. The radio station is part of the Beasley Group.

Germain Arena is about 60 percent sold out for the show, Hickox said, but the radio station had hoped for more. The arena can hold 8,300 people for concerts.

"Ticket sales aren't what we thought they'd be," Hickox said.

Still, Hickox said that isn't unusual. Many big shows don?t sell out until the last minute, and there are always a lot of walk-up sales at the box office the day of the event.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Link:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061025/LIFESTYLES/61025001/1075

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
DemocracyRose
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:06:21 AM »

So why work on an album who already have been mixed?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:13 AM »

Maybe he was busy with the artwork or something ? We know the album has been mixed already.

I'm going to loose it rofl

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »

Don't know what to make of this, if the album is already mixed and Axl is doing finishing touches then the only thing that really comes in my mind is that Ron has come up with ideas that Axl likes and he is recording them, maybe gnrbaby was right and the album is really coming out in march 2007, if so, I actually don't mind.

Also be aware of the fact that I'm heavily stoned at the moment as it's my birthday.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 10:51:29 AM »

Don't know what to make of this, if the album is already mixed and Axl is doing finishing touches then the only thing that really comes in my mind is that Ron has come up with ideas that Axl likes and he is recording them, maybe gnrbaby was right and the album is really coming out in march 2007, if so, I actually don't mind.

If Ron has started recording we can kiss 2007 goodbye too.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 10:58:41 AM »

Hahaha.... some people kill me. First of all, we know for a fact that Ron will not be on CD. He's said himself several times.

Also, how you guys think that some person who just made up the fact that the album is coming in March has any sort of cred over the bands manager and AXL is beyond me.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 11:24:21 AM »

Hahaha.... some people kill me. First of all, we know for a fact that Ron will not be on CD. He's said himself several times.

Also, how you guys think that some person who just made up the fact that the album is coming in March has any sort of cred over the bands manager and AXL is beyond me.

Well I like many others here have learned that with GN'R you pretty much of the time can't be 100% sure about whats true, and is it impossible that Ron has come up with ideas that Axl thinks are so strong that they enhance the songs and are worth doing? If this was true I have no doubt that Axl wouldn't do it, and I don't think it would take all of the 2007, cause if CD basicly is ready the changes wouldn't be whole re-works of the songs but mainly solo here and some rhytm here.

But this is just speculation, so don't take it so seriously

It was confirmed again by Ron on his Talking Metal interview that he will not be on the album.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Gordi
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 11:37:13 AM »

I'm guessing it's artwork... wel i'm hoping it is..... nervous
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 11:54:58 AM »

I'm guessing it's artwork... wel i'm hoping it is..... nervous

At this point, I no longer have the feeling that the album is being "held up" by anything.

I think it's going to be released in the next two months like we've been told.

I just don't think we've hit the release date they want yet.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »

It was confirmed again by Ron on his Talking Metal interview that he will not be on the album.

That's good news. We can assume it's either artwork or the final stages of mixing/mastering (which comes first?) then. I wonder where this information came from though.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 11:59:55 AM »

That's good news. We can assume it's either artwork or the final stages of mixing/mastering (which comes first?) then. I wonder where this information came from though.

If you mean the information that Ron isn't on the album, he said it himself to the hosts of Talking Metal.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 12:03:26 PM »

If you mean the information that Ron isn't on the album, he said it himself to the hosts of Talking Metal.

My bad, I meant the information about Axl being in studio.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 12:07:42 PM »

My bad, I meant the information about Axl being in studio.

As far as that goes, who knows. So much speculation gets printed as fact anymore, it's anybodys guess where that info came from.

estranged.1098
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »

Where did anyone say that the mixing is *done*?
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »

This cd is not coming out in November, in my opinion. Hopefully December will be the month. If it's going to be out in November, they'd better start promoting it!

If Axl was really in the studio doing more work, then i think it would be doubtful that we'll see it this year. Hopefully ,if this is even true, he was just approving coverart,lyrics,photos,etc....
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 12:38:06 PM »

Also be aware of the fact that I'm heavily stoned at the moment as it's my birthday.

March 2007 is not ok with me, November - 06, December - 06 or January - 07...Is okay..the rest is just not good, not when you say - It will be this year....Okay, stoned.. Roll Eyes good for you  ok ..Make sure to listen to My World then, because that song you can only like when you are the condition you were when you wrote your post.  Cool...Happy Birthday btw  beer

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »

Happy fucking birthday!!  I don't know if this should be taken as good news or bad news, as far as a release this year?? I doubt they are working on the artwork though. That has probably already been done. They don't just say, "HEY the album is done, now let's figure out what to put on the cover!" It has to be something else. He doesn't need to go to the STUDIO to work on or approve the artwork and liner notes. Who knows if the mixing or mastering was EVER REALLY DONE, regardless of who said it. Sometimes certain people will say what the fans want to hear, whether it's true or not. A release this year is looking less likely though after reading this. 

BUT AS ALWAYS, none of us know anything and it's all fucking opinion at this point, until we hear something from Axl. Let's just hope for the best.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the album isn't done yet, not at all. It's taken this long already. Axl could be freaking out with this album NEARING release because it's been his 'baby' for so long and he hasn't let go of it yet. Letting go of this thing could be a lot harder for the guy than we realize.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:44:53 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: