Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 11:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  How are YOU gong to Listen to CD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How are YOU gong to Listen to CD  (Read 15535 times)
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« on: October 24, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »

Right so we've been waiting. Thats obvious. When CD finally drops how are you going to go about getting your hands on it first (im assuming it doesnt get leaked btw) and where/when are you going to listen to it? Are you taking the day/week off work? Lets get some heart warming stories out!!!
Im planning to preorder it but also head out to the nearest record store and pick one off the shelf, because i have to make sure i get it asap and I want to savour the sight of it on the shelf but not for much longer i'll hope. Then I'm going to take it down to the riverside (I live in Surbiton UK, near the thames) and pop it on without any disruption. Just me and CD. Then im going to cry. Cry
 Grin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:43:17 PM by slunksoma » Logged
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »

Probably go to my local record store and bring my disc man, buy it, walk outside, open it and pop it in and blast it as loud as it goes...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

i'm buying it sticking it on my ipod then playing it over the PA at the pub i work at if i'm at work (if i'm at work on the release day)

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 12:45:08 PM »

Buy it. Drive home. Put it in the CD player. "give myself alittlebit of volum" and open a Newcastle Brown.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 12:46:37 PM »

My wife has orders
To leave me alone a bit
In our massage chair

While I use headphones
And browse liner notes with care
For full enjoyment.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »

Goto a midnight release, play it in my car on the way home, listen to the rest at home.. Pull the trigger & take the following day off from work ok
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

I dont know...maybe I'll drive home, dark my room and put it in the stereo and listen to it loud!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »

Goin to go right to the closest place availible to buy cds, probably cuircuit city . Buy a couple of copies, stare in awe at it, return home, if Im supposed to work that night, Im calling out. Im gonna put it on, hit play, from start to finish, and repeat probably about as many times as I can in the day. And really listen to it.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »

I will put it in a CD player and press play. Then I will wait a second until the wonderful sound starts to come out of the speakers. THAT is how I will listen to CD. FUCK, I was just thinking, it's going to be great to have the album but at the same time it's going to be so surreal. We've waited for so fucking long and then it will be like, "Now what do we wait for??"  Can anything else even compare to the excitement and build up for the release of this album?? It's like everything that comes after this COULD never amount to what we have gone through for years and what we are going through right now. This album is going to mean a lot to all of us, JUST BASED ON THE FACT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO MANY FUCKING YEARS!!

EDIT: The question, "Now what do we wait for??" isn't supposed to be about life in general. I hope everyone has continued on with their life as normal, while waiting for this album.  The question refers to GN'R, not life.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:04:15 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 12:56:46 PM »

Fucking A...

I'm gonna be working on release day or else I'd say get some drinkage or something else.... Maybe some poppy tea. 

Hopefully it will leak and I'll get it after my shift and do the same.  Or I'll just have to hold off until after my shift. 
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »

Most likely, come to work, go at lunch to Virgin @ Union Square. Come back, pop it in, repeat play all afternoon. Add it to the Ipod, play on the subway ride home. Go to the gym, still repeat on Ipod. Come back home, eat dinner, play on home stereo till bed.

Wake up, repeat. For about 4 days.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 12:59:22 PM »

I will put it in a CD player and press play. Then I will wait a second until the wonderful sound starts to come out of the speakers. THAT is how I will listen to CD. FUCK, I was just thinking, it's going to be great to have the album but at the same time it's going to be so surreal. We've waited for so fucking long and then it will be like, "Now what do we wait for??"? Can anything else even compare to the excitement and build up for the release of this album?? It's like everything that comes after this COULD never amount to what we have gone through for years and what we are going through right now. This album is going to mean a lot to all of us, JUST BASED ON THE FACT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO MANY FUCKING YEARS!!

we will feel empty maybe...10 years waiting, and then the wait is over...I dont care, I just wanted to be over ?hihi

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

"Now what do we wait for??"?

I'll probably look for a new job, consider grad school, myb get married, start a family..  hihi Start investing in a 401k.. ??Move ahead with my life, all the things I should have done the past 10 ?years or so..
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »

I'll probably be working (cuz I work ALL THE TIME), so what I'll do is ask to work from home that day. ?I'll steal my daughter's cd player from her room, set it up....somewhere....that's gonna be the difficult part. ?I might just sweep everything off the desk and on to the floor. ?I NEED ROOM! ?

So then, I will put the disc in, sit down in my executive leather chair, close my eyes and listen to the whole damn thing. Then I will take out the packaging and listen again, while looking at the lyrics and whatever else comes with it.

At some point in the day, I might actually work, but first things first.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Journeyman
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 01:03:22 PM »

"Now what do we wait for??"?

I'll probably look for a new job, consider grad school, myb get married, start a family..? hihi Start investing in a 401k.. ??Move ahead with my life, all the things I should have done the past 10 ?years or so..

rofl  rofl

27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 01:05:30 PM »

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can... Then I'm gonna go to wherever I can listen to it the loudest, and listen to the whole album.  Maybe my girlfriend's dad's house.  He likes stuff like that anyways, and he's got a huge ass stereo in his house.  (my g/f like GNR, too, so it will be cool) Smiley

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 01:07:16 PM »

I'll probably be working (cuz I work ALL THE TIME), so what I'll do is ask to work from home that day.  I'll steal my daughter's cd player from her room, set it up....somewhere....that's gonna be the difficult part.  I might just sweep everything off the desk and on to the floor.  I NEED ROOM! 

So then, I will put the disc in, sit down in my executive leather chair, close my eyes and listen to the whole damn thing. Then I will take out the packaging and listen again, while looking at the lyrics and whatever else comes with it.

At some point in the day, I might actually work, but first things first.

I WILL however take the day off work. I mentioned this in another thread but I have 2 paid vacation days left for the year, so I will be getting paid for that day. Then I will take off for the Cleveland show. After the dust settles though, and the concert is done and the album has been released and listened to 1000 times, it's back to school in January.  Sad

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 01:08:09 PM »

IF we know the release date far enough in advance, I'll take the day off, pick it up at the local record store when the open, and pop it into my car's CD player with great haste. ?I will probably NOT leave the parking lot until I am well into the album and then I'll tool around and listen for a bit before heading home and traumatizing my 3 small children with far too many decibels of (very probably) completely inappropriate (for their young minds and ears) music...or I'll send them to their grandma's house for a bit, and only traumatize my wife.

If we DON'T find out the release date until just a few days before....I'll probably just leave work early and hit up a completely different record store, pick up my copy, and will listen on my ride home (which is an hour +).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 01:08:46 PM »

How are we going to feel after we have listened to it? There is gonna be one hell of a come down regardless of how good it is. Anticipation like this always leaves you wanting-no matter what is delivered. When the last blips of sound filter from the album into my mind, its gonna be a weird feeling no?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 01:09:51 PM »

IF we know the release date far enough in advance, I'll take the day off, pick it up at the local record store when the open, and pop it into my car's CD player with great haste.  I will probably NOT leave the parking lot until I am well into the album and then I'll tool around and listen for a bit before heading home and traumatizing my 3 small children with far too many decibels of (very probably) completely inappropriate (for their young minds and ears) music...or I'll send them to their grandma's house for a bit, and only traumatize my wife.

If we DON'T find out the release date until just a few days before....I'll probably just leave work early and hit up a completely different record store, pick up my copy, and will listen on my ride home (which is an hour +).

That will probably be the greatest one hour drive home from work EVER!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: