Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot's Don't Cry solo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot's Don't Cry solo  (Read 1518 times)
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« on: October 24, 2006, 12:09:18 PM »

I was listening to this earlier today from a live show in June (cant remember which one-Dizzy's Brithday) and I had a thought. Do you think Ron just turned up and fired out Don't Cry onstage for his bit without Axl knowing? Or did he run it by the big man first? I assume it would be the latter don't you?
if thats the case then that raises two questions.

Axl obviously owns GnR we all know that-so how must the other musicians feel? not only having to replace well loved previous members but also not have much say, or at least not an equal say in what goes down.

or

Axl suggested to Ron to include it therefore by proxy defeating the purpose of a guitarist show off solo.
Sausego (sp?) that Finck did years ago was his own concoction (correct me if im wrong) so that was all fine and dandy, but i cant see Thal just deciding "hmm i think ill play Don't Cry Axl will be fine with it" as we all know Axl is pretty protective over which songs are pllayed, ie Estranged as its a 'Slash' song.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 12:12:05 PM »

You could always ask him, Ron's cool like that.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:14:25 PM »

SOmeone will have to pass my message on. im busy posting here.
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 01:48:43 PM »

as we all know Axl is pretty protective over which songs are pllayed, ie Estranged as its a 'Slash' song.

axl never said he wasnt playing estranged with the new band because it was a slash song. we dont know the reason he is not playing it.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

Basically Ron could do whatever he wanted during his solo. I guess after the Hammerstein shows he decided that instead of alienating the crowd completely maybe throw back some old school gnr instrumental style. He played a bit in Spain in their first Euoropean gig and then we all so him play it in RIR in Portugal. He only played part of it in the beginning but after seeing the crowd response and fan email decided to do the whole song.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »

I actually prefer the instrumental now...To me, the sing-along an emotional high-point in the show, and a great way to reach out into the audience and draw them in.  He's does such a beautiful job playing multiple 
melodies simultaneously.
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 02:31:38 PM »

as we all know Axl is pretty protective over which songs are pllayed, ie Estranged as its a 'Slash' song.

axl never said he wasnt playing estranged with the new band because it was a slash song. we dont know the reason he is not playing it.
Exactly...how is Estranged any more of a Slash song then stuff like Mr. Brownstone or other songs Slash helped write.
tommy gun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »

ron said awhile back that it was his own idea
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »

Ron played it during the soundcheck in Madrid (the first European gig) and the crowd went nuts. He didn't play it for his solo during that show, but he played it the following night in Lisbon, again crowd went crazy and he kept doing it because he knows we enjoy it. ?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 02:52:54 PM »

yeah he said that axl gave him like 3 minutes or something to do whatever he wanted for a solo, i image he prolly asked if it was ok though

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: