Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post your Chinese Democracy promotion ideas here  (Read 13321 times)
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

Definitely. I remember back in the earlier days of the new band, Axl said something like we'd get 18 tracks on the album, plus a bunch of B-Sides.

I'm really glad GNR paired it down to 13 - Much more focused that way, like AFD.

YES, there was that thing where the guy from the Dereks Truck Band said that Axl told him Chinese Democracy would be 3 CD's. Who knows? Maybe now there will be 1 CD and a DVD maybe? That would be the ultimate, a making of DVD.

Can you imagine that documentary? The making of Chinese Democracy, the trials and tribulations of the new Guns and Roses. Why it took 13 years to make. Is Axl really crazy?  hihi That would be an awesome doc

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2006, 07:33:40 PM »

I mean all big time bands play live on talk shows (american and european) Faith No More has played over 25 talk shows around the world..The Chili Peppers have played over 40 live tv shows and yet u can count the amount of live shows GNR has played on one hand....think how badass it was when the boys rocked out at farm aid in 1990 in front of all those hillbillies with Axl dropping an F bomb on national televison after down on the farm..........i mean the all time greatest GNR tv appearance was when they did that small unknown talk show Fox Late night in 1988 and did 'used to love her' and 'youre crazy'..........Axl needs the exposure again....Play SNL, play Letterman, call MTV and do some in studio performance....Call FUSE and play an in studio performance for the fans....
slashBOG
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »

hell noooo!!! NEVER
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

Play SNL, play Letterman, call MTV and do some in studio performance....

They need to be in New York for all of those to happen.

We'll see.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

People always forget: it's GNR....they don't have to do anything. And they sure as hell don't do things the way every other band does just because every other band does it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »

They need to release some...ummm what's it called.  OH  music!!!

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2006, 05:00:38 AM »

Axl seems pretty cocky about this album. I enjoyed on his website how it says that GnR's coming back to save rock n' roll again, and that they're putting out their epic 10 years in the making Chinese Democracy album. I think Axl is going to go with the "Field of Dreams" marketing. Put out the album with little promtion and then just tour and people will come.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2006, 06:00:25 AM »

They need to release some...ummm what's it called.? OH? music!!!

YES! Where the hell is the rest of "Checkmate"?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2006, 03:35:19 AM »

Thursday Night Football...Nov. 30 - Baltimore vs. Cinncinnati  - GNR opens the game.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2006, 05:23:21 AM »

Thursday Night Football...Nov. 30 - Baltimore vs. Cinncinnati? - GNR opens the game.

is it a prediction or a fact? Would be fucking cool...  Cool
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2006, 10:31:44 AM »

Wow when the cd is released... what will there be to talk about on this site... haha its funny .... but back on topic i say they do some Much Music stuff (Canada's MTV) and also do some interviews and such... axl hasnt had a formal written interview forever

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »

I have some strange feelings guys. I don't know. Something's gonna happen. I have no more patients!!!

"...It don't really matter..."
Bad Cover Version
Headliner

I've been around for a long, long year

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

Wow when the cd is released... what will there be to talk about on this site... haha its funny .... but back on topic i say they do some Much Music stuff (Canada's MTV) and also do some interviews and such... axl hasnt had a formal written interview forever

I assure you, after watching MuchMusic's awkward, tooth-pulling, inconsiderately planned interview of The Killers for their recent Intimate & Interactive special, MuchMusic will NOT provide Axl and company with a 'formal' interview. The days of creating a forum for discussion about production, writing, and relevant information is long gone and has given way to questions about where people have had sex and what kind of underwear they prefer. Kids are kept stupid and bands end up looking petty. I'm with you completely in believing that we need some interviews, but the band really needs to take care when working with these teen-focused media outlets. /end rant

Huh??   I'd be straight with you but games are just so much fun to play.?   Huh??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: